POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And I'm biased. I'll admit it. When he "stood with Kim Davis" he effectively ensured I will never vote for his sorry ass. I loathe social conservatives. I'm not shy about that fact.

While I dont like anyone standing with Kim Davis, I must admit Bevin was quick to abide by the SCOTUS decision and quickly took executive action to temporarily fix the marriage certificates and other state forms.

The abortion thing is another ploy to rile up the base and anyone who isn't firmly entrenched in Republican politics can see that. We have a shit ton of more important things to worry about than something that affects less than 1 percent of the population annually. But he campaigned on it, and had to act to appease that crowd.

Maybe. Like I said, Im socially liberal except when it comes to abortion. Also, theres really no doubt the clinics sued werent operating properly. Its not as if lawsuits were just fired off for the sake of suing.

This administration will be just as corrupt as the last one

Maybe. But it isnt yet. I was as sure as anyone that Bevin would be a disaster. Ive been pleasantly surprised so far.

While I dont like anyone standing with Kim Davis, I must admit Bevin was quick to abide by the SCOTUS decision and quickly took executive action to temporarily fix the marriage certificates and other state forms.

Maybe. Like I said, Im socially liberal except when it comes to abortion. Also, theres really no doubt the clinics sued werent operating properly. Its not as if lawsuits were just fired off for the sake of suing.

Maybe. But it isnt yet. I was as sure as anyone that Bevin would be a disaster. Ive been pleasantly surprised so far.
Yea, I've been pleased with selfies and the instance where the AG has to sue because he's overstepped his executive authority. Good stuff.

Yea, I've been pleased with selfies and the instance where the AG has to sue because he's overstepped his executive authority. Good stuff.

Your biggest two complaints are his selfies and an executive action that was later ratified by the legislature. By negative implication, youre admitting hes doing a good job.

Your biggest two complaints are his selfies and an executive action that was later ratified by the legislature. By negative implication, youre admitting hes doing a good job.
False, and wrong.

And no, the 4.5 % cuts the legislation passed are for the next 2 fiscal years, not the 3 months remaining. When Bevin imposed the cuts, he didn't have the authority. For the last 3 remaining months of the FY. Hence, he was sued. Yet, your complete lack of knowledge on this, you some how think you're right when you don't even know the facts of why the AG sued him.

I could bring up him using his lack of authority to change marriage licenses, or his cabinet got raises from previous years, while others got cuts in his proposed budget, or I could bring of the benefaid debacle, or the dismantling of kynect, which costs more than his imaginary numbers present. There's more...

Last edited by a moderator:
False, and wrong.

And no, hill jack, the 4.5 % cuts the legislation passed are for the next 2 fiscal years, not the 3 months remaining. When Bevin imposed the cuts, he didn't have the authority. For the last 3 remaining months of the FY. Hence, he was sued. Yet, your complete lack of knowledge on this, you some how think you're right when you don't even know the facts of why the AG sued him.

I could bring up him using his lack of authority to change marriage licenses, or his cabinet got raises from previous years, while others got cuts in his proposed budget, or I could bring of the benefaid debacle, or the dismantling of kynect, which costs more than his imaginary numbers present. There's more...

This is the kind of shit I'm talking about, thanks for proving a stereotype hill jack.

So you think 3 months of cuts are worth a lawsuit? Especially considering the legislature enacted the same cuts starting next fiscal year.

Actually it was benefind, Mr genius. And it was a debacle. Looks like you should focus on knowing what you're talking about rather than name calling. Usually name calling is what people resort to when they can't discuss the issues. Case in point.

Kynect is a wait and see. So far, it's ok. No need to double the services. And if it keeps more handouts from going out and dragging us down - great.

You're complaining about a fix tor the state firms that ended a federal lawsuit and prevented others?

And the only Tubman that I want to see on the $20 is Lloyd.

#WhyNot?

I'm still mad about this. Students went nuts over a damn ancient painting but one of their own damn peers was fn railroaded and nobody said shit. Pisses me off.

So you think 3 months of cuts are worth a lawsuit? Especially considering the legislature enacted the same cuts starting next fiscal year.

Actually it was benefind, Mr genius. And it was a debacle. Looks like you should focus on knowing what you're talking about rather than name calling. Usually name calling is what people resort to when they can't discuss the issues. Case in point.

Kynect is a wait and see. So far, it's ok. No need to double the services. And if it keeps more handouts from going out and dragging us down - great.

You're complaining about a fix tor the state firms that ended a federal lawsuit and prevented others?
Yes, 3 months is worth a lawsuit, when you break your constitutional authority. But sure, double standards seek reasonable for Hill Jacks.

Mash, it seems like you would be the one most affected by this, with your disability check and all.

13076653_1071093169628633_7728788222215701690_n.jpg

At the Pentagon right now, folks.

How are the tours? I went a while back while I was still in and just wandered around a bit (and bumped into an old friend). But didn't get a proper tour. Seems like it would be a boring tour, though. More corporate office than fun place to visit.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Yes, 3 months is worth a lawsuit, when you break your constitutional authority. But sure, double standards seek reasonable for Hill Jacks.

Initially, the lawsuit was justified, although tainted by obvious politics. Now its moot, political, and just wasting money, since the legislature passed the same cuts. Plus Beshear Jr's buddy just plead guilty to corruption and got a sweet deal, which means he'll be singing like a bird. So, he may not even be Attorney General for long enough to even see the wasteful lawsuit through. Time will tell.

But please.....keep telling me about double standards. And keep name calling. It just shows your inability to logically debate, which was already painfully obvious.

Initially, the lawsuit was justified, although tainted by obvious politics. Now its moot, political, and just wasting money, since the legislature passed the same cuts. Plus Beshear Jr's buddy just plead guilty to corruption and got a sweet deal, which means he'll be singing like a bird. So, he may not even be Attorney General for long enough to even see the wasteful lawsuit through. Time will tell.

But please.....keep telling me about double standards. And keep name calling. It just shows your inability to logically debate, which was already painfully obvious.
The dude broke the law, yet you're arguing against it.

The difference between you and me, is that I am attacking your argument and your facts.

Example, Bevin is super. Uhm, how about the multiple violations of law? Well, he's a super nice guy, it's ok.

You lack facts, you're conclusion is incorrect based on the actual premises, not pretend premises.

You argue from a place of emotion and qualitative argument. I argue from a place of facts and a quantitative argument.

To you, the hill Jack, you are unable to differentiate. You see my posts as name calling, and you do the same, when fact, your argument is flawed because he has broken the law multiple times, failed with benefits distribution, among other multiple other childish acts from engaging a reporter by saying go home kids, selfie contests, and trying to call the house out for not being at work, when they were.

The argument is you were surprised how well he's doing, when in fact, in the few months he's been in office, he's already broken laws, vetoed more bills in almost 20 years than other governors,multiple scandals, etc...

You have demonstrated time and time again that you have no actual idea what you are talking about in your posts, let alone understand logical reasoning. You copy and steal those words, yet you fail to grasp their meaning.

If you actually presented facts other than emotion, it would be easier to take you seriously.

The dude broke the law, yet you're arguing against it.

The difference between you and me, is that I am attacking your argument and your facts.

Example, Bevin is super. Uhm, how about the multiple violations of law? Well, he's a super nice guy, it's ok.

You lack facts, you're conclusion is incorrect based on the actual premises, not pretend premises.

You argue from a place of emotion and qualitative argument. I argue from a place of facts and a quantitative argument.

To you, the hill Jack, you are unable to differentiate. You see my posts as name calling, and you do the same, when fact, your argument is flawed because he has broken the law multiple times, failed with benefits distribution, among other multiple other childish acts from engaging a reporter by saying go home kids, selfie contests, and trying to call the house out for not being at work, when they were.

The argument is you were surprised how well he's doing, when in fact, in the few months he's been in office, he's already broken laws, vetoed more bills in almost 20 years than other governors,multiple scandals, etc...

You have demonstrated time and time again that you have no actual idea what you are talking about in your posts, let alone understand logical reasoning. You copy and steal those words, yet you fail to grasp their meaning.

If you actually presented facts other than emotion, it would be easier to take you seriously.

The irony. Keep embarrassing yourself.

I didn't say Bevin was super. I thought he would be a disaster. Hes doing way better than I expected.

Can't see the forest for the trees. Not surprising.

You read yesterday's HL, so you know the real impact Bevin's move made at UK. Stupid laws and PC bullshit be damned, if it's helping children, idgaf. Good for the kids, not good for place holding administrators.

I hope everyone in politics that does anything questionable gets sued and charged with crimes. Every last one of them.

And I hope Trump becomes POTUS replaces Benjamin Franklin on the $100 with a picture of an orange just to spite Obama and rap music.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Bevin puts the children ahead of the administrators/politics and gets sued. If that ain't politics in a nutshell, I don't know what it is.

Reactions: drawing_dead
How are the tours? I went a while back while I was still in and just wandered around a bit (and bumped into an old friend). But didn't get a proper tour. Seems like it would be a boring tour, though. More corporate office than fun place to visit.

Meh, it was okay I guess. About as watered down as it gets

Reactions: AustinTXCat
No agree, the facts clearly show he's doing a great job...:rolleyes:

Idk hes doing a great job. But hes doing a good job, so far. The only reason anyone would complain is because of politics.

Given the recent Longmeyer federal plea deal, the Dems in Frankfort are probably getting the lemon booty about right now. He has all kinds of juicy info if theyre giving him that kind of VIP treatment. So rather than whining and playing pandering politics, they better call saul.

By all means we should replace no one of the board of the worst pension system in America. As the Latins would say....amens (crazy).

I have been out of pocket, did the lawsuit result in anything yet?

By all means we should replace no one of the board of the worst pension system in America. As the Latins would say....amens (crazy).

I have been out of pocket, did the lawsuit result in anything yet?
Judge still reviewing, in a tweet I saw earlier.

No one is advocating replacing or not replacing,so not sure where you get that.

It's merely Bevin has violated the law multiple times by over extending his constitutional authority.

These are two different arguments.

Changing the marriage license was right thing, but not his authority to do. It's the legislature, which they did correctly. Bevin could have been sued here as well.

Government works with checks and balances. Now sometimes those balance work well, sometimes they don't.

No one is advocating replacing or not replacing,so not sure where you get that
ok, was just reading you posting challenges to him asking the KRS board chair to resign that way.

You can search on here and see I did not think much of Bevin during the election but other than the selfies I have zero problems with anything he has done.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ok, was just reading you posting challenges to him asking the KRS board chair to resign that way.

You can search on here and see I did not think much of Bevin during the election but other than the selfies I have zero problems with anything he has done.
I think people are feed up. I think about warriors post where he talks about getting upset having to pay for so many while he worked, and others don't. It's a really good point.

I am not as old as others, but I can't remember the last non corrupt governor.

I think Bevin means well.

Maybe the older I get, just become more sensative to politics. But each side breaks the rules.

Pretty much my position. I assumed he'd be awful. Pleasantly surprised so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT