POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're both right and wrong, or rather, talking about different things. But the bigger picture, in relating to the thread and current events, is that it's the Middle East and Asia.. Talking about the fact that they are the same continent is pointless.

Reactions: augustaky1
not that the data matters to people nowadays, but here goes:

3/21 CNN (moe +/- 3pts) Clinton +12 vs Trump, even vs Cruz, -6 vs Kasich
3/21 CBS (moe +/- 3pts) Clinton +10 vs Trump, +3 vs Cruz, -4 vs Kasich

"But Trump could put NY into play!"....Clinton leads by 19 points.
"But Trump could win FL!".....Clinton leads by 8 points.
"What about Ohio??"....Clinton leads by 6 points.

Furthermore, Trump puts deep red states into play:
Tied with Clinton in Arizona
Trails by 2pts in Utah

Trump performs worse in a general election both nationally and state-by-state against Clinton compared with both Cruz and Sanders.

Not only would he lose the general (possibly in a landslide that would make 2008 look like a nail biter), but he would absolutely hamstring the GOP in these important Senate races.

And some of you guys are actually buying his schtick. It's incredible.

At this point, there are 2 potential nominees: Cruz and Trump. Cruz absolutely cannot win. Trump probably cant win. Probable loss>absolute loss.

Of the countries listed the ones in bold would not be considered Asia to most people...or at least they weren't when I was picking orders.

Afghanistan
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Brunei
Cambodia
Georgia
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan

Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Lebanon
Malaysia
Myanmar
Oman
Pakisatan
Palestine

Phillipines
Qatar
Saudi Arabia

Singapore
Sri Lanka
Syria
Tajikistan
Thailand
Turkey
Turkmenistan
UAE
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Yemen

Now if you guys want to play with semantics and say that's all Western Asia, fine with me. Call those countries anything other than the Middle East in certain groups and you'll get laughed at. There is the scholar definition and then there is the geographic definition.
it'd be PPV-quality TV to watch you play a gameshow where you had to point out a random selection of those countries on a map and then say "Muslim majority" or "non-Muslim majority"

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Great stuff guys. Here, hope this helps....

k3continents.gif

^ What's the best scenario then? How can the Republicans possibly win then? We have these incredibly high standards while the left doesn't give a shit about the lies and corruption of Hillary. Meanwhile we're all split.

So we're essentially saying our options are...

Trump- Who is said to get smoked in a general election and is disliked by half the party
Cruz- Who most dislike and are bothered by his outward expression of his faith
Romney- A Mormon who got crushed in 2012.

WTF do we do?

^ What's the best scenario then? How can the Republicans possibly win then? We have these incredibly high standards while the left doesn't give a shit about the lies and corruption of Hillary. Meanwhile we're all split.

So we're essentially saying our options are...

Trump- Who is said to get smoked in a general election and is disliked by half the party
Cruz- Who most dislike and are bothered by his outward expression of his faith
Romney- A Mormon who got crushed in 2012.

WTF do we do?
well, if you're giving up outright, at least pick the candidate who wouldn't terrorize every competitive Republican senate and congressional race in the country.

the establishment is horrified by the idea of Trump in November for a reason.

Trump isn't killing the party. He's just the gun that some of you guys are putting to the GOP's head. When you're facing Hillary and a democratic Senate in February, you get ZERO right to complain.

well, if you're giving up outright, at least pick the candidate who wouldn't terrorize every competitive Republican senate and congressional race in the country.

the establishment is horrified by the idea of Trump in November for a reason.

Trump isn't killing the party. He's just the gun that some of you guys are putting to the GOP's head. When you're facing Hillary and a democratic Senate in February, you get ZERO right to complain.

I never would have picked that guy to represent us. Every candidate I liked got eliminated early or dropped out.

We're seriously going to become a one party country now. With open borders and even more control from the left, you can kiss this place goodbye. We're doomed.

Repubs win only if much greater numbers turn out everywhere and go with whomever is the nominee. It really is that simple, mathematically that is.

Reactions: From-the-stands
allabouttheUK…

OK, I think most reasonable people now know what the continent of Asia is and what countries are in it.

Did you realize that Asian Games was referring to a sporting competition and not War Exercises?

Nevermind, don't answer that.

I want to hear more about how the Boston bombing was a "test" and how the US govt is involved in a global conspiracy to make everyone an Islam because it is strict and they can control us better.

If I had any of that wrong, I apologize and would like you to further educate the rest of us as to what is really going on out there. TIA.

Repubs win only if much greater numbers turn out everywhere and go with whomever is the nominee. It really is that simple, mathematically that is.
and it's shaping up to be a national version of the Bevin v Conway race.

allabouttheUK…

OK, I think most reasonable people now know what the continent of Asia is and what countries are in it.

Did you realize that Asian Games was referring to a sporting competition and not War Exercises?

Nevermind, don't answer that.

I want to hear more about how the Boston bombing was a "test" and how the US govt is involved in a global conspiracy to make everyone an Islam because it is strict and they can control us better.

If I had any of that wrong, I apologize and would like you to further educate the rest of us as to what is really going on out there. TIA.

No I didn't realize the Asian Games you were referring to were sporting competition, because that's far from what this thread is about. I am a Navy veteran so when anyone refers to any countries having "games" I think of exercises for military preparedness. My military service also trained me to not look at a pretty little map, but do look at regions. Not once during my 10 years in or dealing with the military has anyone every referred to anything in the middle east as Asia.

You still haven't answered my three questions from earlier. I'll wait for you to respond.

Last edited:
Can we just say...

Yes all of those countries are in the continent of Asia, and are Asian countries. That is factual.

When we generally talk about Asian nations, we are often defining it through being Pacific rim places, and often through race... like, black hair, slanty eyes, yellow skin... that sort of thing.... hence leaving out the Middle East (which is, while geographically Asia, more caucasian and Persian and whatever, in terms of race) and places like India and Pakistan.

Is that good enough to move past it and get to... well, whatever the point was, which I totally forget now?:)

and right on cue, PPP publishes a poll showing Clinton beating both Trump and Cruz in NC (loses to Kasich by 8pts)

CCTV stills of the Brussels airport suspects. Gloves supposedly used to conceal the vests' triggers:

CeKu3DaXIAECqNj.jpg

And if you go to Russia, especially the north and east, it is indeed VERY Asian... both in terms of race and traditions. In fact, I LOVE Russia, because culturally it is SO diverse... when you get towards Mongolia and China and the steppes it is just an entirely different people than, say, towards western Russia.

Can we just say...

Yes all of those countries are in the continent of Asia, and are Asian countries. That is factual.

When we generally talk about Asian nations, we are often defining it through being Pacific rim places, and often through race... like, black hair, slanty eyes, yellow skin... that sort of thing.... hence leaving out the Middle East (which is, while geographically Asia, more caucasian and Persian and whatever, in terms of race) and places like India and Pakistan)

Talk about over generalizations. Sounds like the Racist guide to misjudging people.

My clinical supervisor is from India and identifies as Asian. 100% Asian.

Can we just say...

When we generally talk about Asian nations, we are often defining it through being Pacific rim places, and often through race... like, black hair, slanty eyes, yellow skin... that sort of thing.... hence leaving out the Middle East (which is, while geographically Asia, more caucasian and Persian and whatever, in terms of race) and places like India and Pakistan.

Is that good enough to move past it and get to... well, whatever the point was, which I totally forget now?:)

Thank you! Someone with some common sense!

Talk about over generalizations. Sounds like the Racist guide to misjudging people.

My clinical supervisor is from India and identifies as Asian. 100% Asian.

Of course it is. But I think in the United States when people say "Asian nations" it is generally thought of as being countries where people have that traditional Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Pacific Islander phenotype. If you showed people a group of faces, and said "Pick out the Asian" they will gravitate towards the Chinese national, not the guy from Bangladesh.

Not saying it is RIGHT; just what we commonly mean in conversation.

He knows nothing of Asian culture. So thanking him for his misinformation is only increasing the ignorance.

What he said is what normal people associate. I know that goes against your non-discriminatory, peace loving ways, but the real world is defined by differences in groups of people. Sadly as much as you want to believe...we are not all the same, it's not discriminating, it's just visual observation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT