POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't the FBI say they don't even have jurisdiction???

I'll tell you what, I hope the Republican Party IS devoid of compassion in its pursuit of power. The opposing party is, so why not? Screw 'em. Play by the rules they've laid down.

Or have flake just abstain. Not convinced he did it but can't vote Yes without investigation.

Confirmed.

Still waiting on some quorem sketchiness

FBI investigation in a "normal" world: Interview Kavanaugh, Ford, and the other 3-4 people, write a report that is 100% what we already know by early next week. Have the vote.

FBI investigation next week: new allegations, new witnesses, delays, dems will want more delays based upon the findings, media/dems/activists will conspire for new outlandish stories, and the vote will be delayed again. Mark it down

Coons already hinting at new allegations.

This movie is predictable

Trump get out of the meeting and get on the dam phone to Senate Republicans. ASAP . ****ing shit is nuts. 'Vote Yes or take the fallout I will send to you!" - Trump

Last edited:
FBI investigation in a "normal" world: Interview Kavanaugh, Ford, and the other 3-4 people, write a report that is 100% what we already know by early next week. Have the vote.

FBI investigation next week: new allegations, new witnesses, delays, dems will want more delays based upon the findings, media/dems/activists will conspire for new outlandish stories, and the vote will be delayed again. Mark it down

Coons already hinting at new allegations.

This movie is predictable

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if someone came forward before 5 pm today.

Reactions: JStaff2187
At least flake is open to voting to confirm. I wouldn’t give him all he wants but Mitch should say we are voting next wed hell or high water. Then he should ask the president to give the fbi 3 days to take statements etc. An fbi background investigation is far different than an open ended investigation into federal crimes that can be prosecuted.

Now a couple things that could go wrong is if the fbi finds the inconsistencies in fords testimony or Kavanaugh they could charge them with perjury. Just do it quickly have the final vote wed. The precedent for confirmation has been that once it gets to the floor it’s usually a week anyway before a final vote, not to mention they need to give senators a three day notice before holding a final vote. Mitch needs to put the request in yesterday if he wants it done in an expedited fashion. The votes aren’t there without it so he has no choice. Don’t accept all the terms split it and go

Crazy thing is we all know for a fact the FBI is going to be completely complicit in the Democrat plan and ensure this charade goes on as long as possible. They likely use burner phones to text each other about the plan this time.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Yep. Wouldn't be surprised if someone came forward before 5 pm today.

It's all about timing for them. It'll be (once again) within 48 hours of the vote - or at least one of them will be.

My guess is negative Kavanaugh news will happen this weekend, Monday, and multiple times before the vote. Shitshow

It's all about timing for them. It'll be (once again) within 48 hours of the vote - or at least one of them will be.

My guess is negative Kavanaugh news will happen this weekend, Monday, and multiple times before the vote. Shitshow

Can the new allegations be any worse than gang rape? There may be more but it’s a background investigation not investigating a federal crime

Still calling some allegation to deal with him coaching girls basketball. Old white guy that drinks too much and has an anger problem making a move on a minor that he coaches.

Nothing that’s been alleged has happened in his adult life so I’m not concerned about that.

I don’t think this is a bad thing.

It’s shows repubs aren’t heartless. Doing this settles down the outrage to have dems storm the polls next month.

It also gives dems no more excuses! Several have said that repubs are calling this a conspiracy to stall, but it isn’t that.......ok let’s see next week.

Also it shows dems aren’t to be trusted! Ford wanted complete confidentiality, but was pushed into that room yday and now finds herself in a damn FBI Investigation! Congrats, fool!

Ultimately this also gives Flake, Murowski and Collins no reason not to confirm because nothing new on Ford will come out unless it’s that she is a f’n liar.

All around win win.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Everyone should ask people like Klobuchar, "If exculpatory evidence is found by the FBI, would you vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh?"

When they say no, then go for the vote. When the GOP can't get 50 votes, just hammer the midterms

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Graham put on a good show but if Ford supported a new war in the middle east he would be yelling at Kavanaugh instead of her. when is he going to come out of the closet?

42728349_1879446675503591_792602464623788032_n.jpg

The FBI will "find" something that sends the whole thing down the toilet. Calling it. They'll work up some BS. They are complicit in the whole deal.

The fbi could open an investigation into perjury tomorrow wo the req for an addendum to a background check. If they want to torpedo the guy they don’t need a background amendment to do it/

I don’t think this is a bad thing.

It’s shows repubs aren’t heartless. Doing this settles down the outrage to have dems storm the polls next month.

It also gives dems no more excuses! Several have said that repubs are calling this a conspiracy to stall, but it isn’t that.......ok let’s see next week.

Also it shows dems aren’t to be trusted! Ford wanted complete confidentiality, but was pushed into that room yday and now finds herself in a damn FBI Investigation! Congrats, fool!

Ultimately this also gives Flake, Murowski and Collins no reason not to confirm because nothing new on Ford will come out unless it’s that she is a f’n liar.

All around win win.

This whole notion of outraging people to drive them to the voting booth blows my mind. I feel like you either do or you don't.

Like nothing about today or yesterday has saying "OH NO THEY DIDN'T! I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF VOTING BUT DAMMIT MARGE GET ME MY SLIPPERS!"

Crazy to me.

And I think this tactic is a bigger deal for the generally lazier Dems. I can't name a single republican in my life who WON'T be voting.. meanwhile 200,000 liberal college students will sleep through their 1:00pm alarm, thinking it's Wednesday when it's really Thursday.

Well just like people stormed the polls for Trump and on the other side Obama......I can assure you the way things have gone dems were set to vote heavily......but with money in their pockets and repubs handling this in a manner that shows respect and understanding in the most recent big battle getting all the publicity and all of a sudden the urgency is gone.

I think it’s all a plot to get ahold of Mark Judge, and I think he actually did the crime. But I also think because of his abuse of drugs and alcohol and his battle with leukemia that Kavanaugh really doesn’t want him run through the mud.

The FBI will take at least a week, then it will go back to the committee for another week or 2 of hearings.

Add the additional bullshit that will be introduced in the mean time that "must be investigated" and this thing could take forever.

It's the way corrupt political bureaucracies work.

This whole notion of outraging people to drive them to the voting booth blows my mind. I feel like you either do or you don't.

Like nothing about today or yesterday has saying "OH NO THEY DIDN'T! I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF VOTING BUT DAMMIT MARGE GET ME MY SLIPPERS!"

Crazy to me.

And I think this tactic is a bigger deal for the generally lazier Dems. I can't name a single republican in my life who WON'T be voting.. meanwhile 200,000 liberal college students will sleep through their 1:00pm alarm, thinking it's Wednesday when it's really Thursday.
The same party that fights for more immigrants, felon voting, and not having to prove identity are also more affected by bad weather on voting day. Pretty telling.

The FBI will take at least a week, then it will go back to the committee for another week or 2 of hearings.

Add the additional bullshit that will be introduced in the mean time that "must be investigated" and this thing could take forever.

It's the way corrupt political bureaucracies work.
Which means even more “survivors” will be trotted outabd demands the FBI investigate every one, which means we go past Election Day. Mitch needs to call a vote Monday and get every vote on record and let the rhinos defend it.

If there is to be an FBI investigation, the two most important questions are: What is the scope, and what is the deadline? Needs to be understood going in that scope and time are contained, this is not open-ended. they could come up with a thousand more allegations, and they could investigate this one allegation for years. Any investigation is an accommodation, and needs to be completed expediently. And when it's over, it's over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT