POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's definitely insane for Trump to waive that, but that doesn't prove his innocence.
Nor does it prove his guilt but the New York Times would have you believe differently based on some anonymous source "with knowledge of Trump's thinking". That's the whole point of the article. To convince you that Trump was trying to set McGahn up and that McGahn ratted on Trump up and that Trump is definitely guilty of obstruction.

What they fail to mention is their sourcing is garbage. The president can't obstruct justice by exercising his constitutional authority to fire the FBI director for whatever reason he sees fit. And If the president obstructed justice then the Deputy Attorney General (Mueller's boss) is an accomplice/witness in the case because he wrote the recommendation to fire Comey.

Stop and think for a second. If the obstruction ruse was real then Rosenstein would have had to recuse himself already because he's either an accomplice to Trump's crime or a witness against Trump. You can't lead an investigation if you're either. That's a conflict of interest that every judge will laugh out of court

39394550_2179217828989022_7764616996410359808_n.jpg

Nor does it prove his guilt but the New York Times would have you believe differently based on some anonymous source "with knowledge of Trump's thinking". That's the whole point of the article. To convince you that Trump was trying to set McGahn up and that McGahn ratted on Trump up and that Trump is definitely guilty of obstruction.

What they fail to mention is their sourcing is garbage. The president can't obstruct justice by exercising his constitutional authority to fire the FBI director for whatever reason he sees fit. And If the president obstructed justice then the Deputy Attorney General (Mueller's boss) is an accomplice/witness in the case because he wrote the recommendation to fire Comey.

Stop and think for a second. If the obstruction ruse was real then Rosenstein would have had to recuse himself already because he's either an accomplice to Trump's crime or a witness against Trump. You can't lead an investigation if you're either. That's a conflict of interest that every judge will laugh out of court
I didn't go to law school, but I agree that Trump has the ability to end a justice department investigation whenever he wants. He just has to deal with the ethics and political fallout. Ultimately, the only way we can get a full account of what happened would be through impeachment proceedings triggering an investigation he cannot interfere with.

Ultimately, the only way we can get a full account of what happened would be through impeachment proceedings triggering an investigation he cannot interfere with.
Impeach for what? There's no evidence of a crime. There's already an investigation (disguised as a counter intelligence investigation) in search of a crime and now you want an impeachment in search of crime. Basically you want him treated as guilty until proven innocent. You have things backwards.

Let's not also forget that both the Senate and the House have already investigated this matter for two years and found no proof of collusion or obstruction. How will the outcome magically change when the same exact people are investigating the matter because of impeachment proceedings?

Last edited:
I didn't go to law school, but I agree that Trump has the ability to end a justice department investigation whenever he wants.
Btw Trump didn't end the investigation so I don't see how that has anything to do with firing Comey. The investigation was going to move forward with or without Comey. The agents assigned to the case still had their orders. He fired Comey on the recommendation of Rosenstein. Plus after what the IG report said it looks like he was proven right in firing him. Probably should have done so day 1.

There was no need for a special counsel. The FBI and DOJ were perfectly capable of handling the investigation into Russian meddling. Remember Comey's memos supposedly triggered it? Remember what Rosenstein said? That based on evidence in Comey's memos he had no choice but to hire a special counsel? That was a lie. We've seen Comey's memos and there's nothing in them. They're old news that nobody cares to talk about because they provided no evidence against Trump. What happened was Rosenstein is a pipsqueak and caved to outside pressure from the Democrats and media and that's why he hired Mueller.

Last edited:
I didn't go to law school, but I agree that Trump has the ability to end a justice department investigation whenever he wants. He just has to deal with the ethics and political fallout. Ultimately, the only way we can get a full account of what happened would be through impeachment proceedings triggering an investigation he cannot interfere with.
Benghazi needs impeaching then.. I like the idea of full account we did not get that. Hillary lied in front of the coffins sickening demonic behavior

[laughing] He had an outstanding warrant for murder. But, by all means, he's an illegal with a child, so he should not be held responsible for his actions.

Besides, what's a little murder? The anti-ICE, anti-Trump, anti-America, pro-liberal, pro-illegal narrative is all that matters, at all costs.

Impeach for what? There's no evidence of a crime. There's already an investigation (disguised as a counter intelligence investigation) in search of a crime and now you want an impeachment in search of crime. Basically you want him treated as guilty until proven innocent. You have things backwards.

Let's not also forget that both the Senate and the House have already investigated this matter for two years and found no proof of collusion or obstruction. How will the outcome magically change when the same exact people are investigating the matter because of impeachment proceedings?
Impeachment can be done for any reason whatsoever. Investigations follow to aid the Senate trial.

Benghazi needs impeaching then.. I like the idea of full account we did not get that. Hillary lied in front of the coffins sickening demonic behavior
She also testified for 11 hours in committee, in full view of the public. Never demeaned any of our intelligence agencies in the manner Trump has. Want Trump to testify for 11 hours? No chance he doesn't screw up royally.

Impeachment can be done for any reason whatsoever.

Most reject that interpretation.

https://litigation.findlaw.com/lega...achment-the-legal-standard-and-procedure.html
Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure

The involuntary removal of a sitting President of the United States has never occurred in our history. The only legal way such can be accomplished is by the impeachment process. This article discusses the legal standard to be properly applied by members of the U.S. House of Representatives when voting for or against Articles of Impeachment, and members of the U.S. Senate when voting whether to convict and remove from office a President of the U.S., as well as the procedure to be followed.

Article I § 2 of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach (make formal charges against) and Article I § 3 gives the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Article II § 4 of the Constitution provides as follows:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

Thus, the operative legal standard to apply to an impeachment of a sitting President is "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." There is substantial difference of opinion over the interpretation of these words.

There are essentially four schools of thought concerning the meaning of these words, although there are innumerable subsets within those four categories.

Congressional Interpretation

The first general school of thought is that the standard enunciated by the Constitution is subject entirely to whatever interpretation Congress collectively wishes to make:

"What, then, is an impeachable offense? The only honest answer is that an impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history; conviction results from whatever offense or offenses two-thirds of the other body considers to be sufficiently serious to require removal of the accused from office..." Congressman Gerald Ford, 116 Cong. Rec. H.3113-3114 (April 15, 1970).

This view has been rejected by most legal scholars because it would have the effect of having the President serve at the pleasure of Congress. However there are some, particularly in Congress, who hold this opinion.

An Indictable Crime

The second view is that the Constitutional standard makes it necessary for a President to have committed an indictable crime in order to be subject to impeachment and removal from office. This view was adopted by many Republicans during the impeachment investigation of President Richard M. Nixon. The proponents of this view point to the tone of the language of Article II § 4 itself, which seems to be speaking in criminal law terms.

There are other places in the Constitution which seem to support this interpretation, as well. For example, Article III § 2 (3) provides that "the trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury." Clearly the implication of this sentence from the Constitution is that impeachment is being treated as a criminal offense, ergo, impeachment requires a criminal offense to have been committed.

Article II § 2 (1) authorizes the President to grant pardons "for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment." This sentence implies that the Framers must have thought impeachment, and the acts which would support impeachment, to be criminal in nature.

Misdemeanor

The third approach is that an indictable crime is not required to impeach and remove a President. The proponents of this view focus on the word "misdemeanor" which did not have a specific criminal connotation to it at the time the Constitution was ratified. This interpretation is somewhat belied by details of the debate the Framers had in arriving at the specific language to be used for the impeachment standard.

Initially the standard was to be "malpractice or neglect of duty." This was removed and replaced with "treason, bribery, or corruption." The word "corruption" was then eliminated. On the floor during debate the suggestion was made to add the term "maladministration." This was rejected as being too vague and the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" was adopted in its place. There are many legal scholars who believe this lesser standard is the correct one, however.

Investigations follow to aid the Senate trial.

The same Senate who just spent two years investigating the matter and found no evidence of collusion or obstruction? For the second time how would the outcome magically change during the impeachment investigation when that same Senate that just closed a two year investigation into the matter is the jury?

Are you suggestion the Senate investigation and Mueller haven't done their due diligence and that there is secret evidence out there that a third investigation is sure to find?

Like I said you're going about it backwards. First evidence of a crime then an investigation into that crime. Not I think this person might have done something but I have no evidence so i'm going to investigate him looking for a crime and until I find one he committed.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter whether or not McGahn, according to anonymous sources, thought Trump was trying to set him up to take the fall, or how many hours McGahn talked with the special counsel, or the specific details of what McGahn said to investigators.

In the grand scheme of things, as far as McGahn cooperating goes, only one sentence from the NYT piece really matters...

Mr. McGahn cautioned to investigators that he never saw Mr. Trump go beyond his legal authorities.

Judge halts full DACA restart

The federal judge who had ordered the government to restart the Obama-era DACA deportation amnesty in full backed off his decision Friday and said the government does not, after all, have to begin accepting new applications.

Judge Bates also delayed part of his previous ruling that would have allowed those with DACA to apply for special protections known as advance parole — permission to travel outside the U.S. and then return — which can, in some cases, turn into a pathway to citizenship.

Hundreds of DACA recipients had exploited that loophole under the Obama administration, but the Trump administration had shut it down.

Judge John D. Bates acknowledged the legal mess that’s arisen around DACA and said he didn’t want to make it worse, so he issued a partial stay of his own ruling.

He said he feared the confusion that would result.

“Because that confusion would only be magnified if the court’s order regarding initial DACA applications were to take effect now and later be reversed on appeal, the court will grant a limited stay of its order and preserve the status quo pending appeal,” he said in a short opinion late Friday.

But another case in Texas involves a challenge to the original 2012 Obama administration decision to create DACA in the first place. If that judge were to rule against DACA it would create a messy situation where the program itself is illegal — but so is the phaseout.

It's definitely insane for Trump to waive that, but that doesn't prove his innocence.
So you'll believe to your grave that Trump is guilty of something until he proves his innocence? Innocence of what? And how do you prove innocence when no matter what you say & show someone comes up with a another cockamamie theory of what he might/likely have done that you'll suspect is true? BTW, proving innocence has never been a USA constitutional requirement.

[laughing] He had an outstanding warrant for murder. But, by all means, he's an illegal with a child, so he should not be held responsible for his actions.

Besides, what's a little murder? The anti-ICE, anti-Trump, anti-America, pro-liberal, pro-illegal narrative is all that matters, at all costs.

I love that she calls it cruel and sites inhumanity while trying to make us feel sorry for a person wanted for murder.

I keep hearing how these people only want to protect nonviolent illegals from ICE, and yet we keep seeing a ton of people protesting ANY deportation. Like you said, agenda above all else.

Several news orgs did this yesterday. Same week they demanded respect.

We have to pass this bill to see what’s in it.

We have to impeach this person to see what crimes they’ve committed.

That dude is the resident David Duke. Yet, you all continue to agree with him and like his posts.

I’m not gonna apologize for calling him out.
That's BS, we're all racist by the left's definition if we are conservative gun owning patriots so, you are not going to divide people on here crying racism every time some one post something truthful about the bad people on the left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT