How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pointed this out a week or two ago.

Cubans are historically Republican for much the same reason that the South was Democratic for 100 years following the Civil War. Cubans blamed Kennedy, thus Democrats for the failed Bay of Pigs invasion...just as the South blamed Lincoln, thus Republicans for the Civil War.
Hispanics have been historically aligned with the Democratic party.
The only thing Cubans and other Hispanics have in common are language. They are ethnically and culturally different people.

That may be part of it Fuzz. But I'm talking why the Latino will not vote for Rubio. The process of getting into this country legally is different for Cubans than it is for any other Latino community. That resentment is strong with Latinos toward Cubans as Cubans will feel more privileged than other Latino communities because they get amnesty as soon as they step on American soil whereas that isn't the same for other Latino communities. . There is an air of snootiness that rubs the Latino community in the wrong way.

So Republicans cannot and should not depend on Mark Rubio for bringing them the Latino vote. It will not happen.

Man, we'll see. But I called Romney's shalacking, and I'm calling this one too. I bet Rubio can't get over 200 electoral votes.

I have always thought Rubio was the most acceptable Republican to middle of the road/independent voters and likely to Hispanics as well - and that's why I was for him. He represented the best chance to win. So in that regard I've always disagreed with Willy.

Now I think Willy's right - Rubio is a loser - but for a different reason. And that reason is the same thing that would derail jamo's hypothetical.

I was all in on Rubio because I thought he was most electable. That was, until I saw Christie destroy him and send him into the stuck record status that we all saw. That was really the end for him. Rubio would be destroyed. Cruz would lead to an epic defeat.

Which is why Im so confused about the GOP establishment trying so hard to crush Trump. Its obvious at this point Trump is the best bet to beat Hillary. Rather than back him, or even stay out of it, they go all in on destroying him. Incredible.

Reactions: From-the-stands
When half the Democratic Party including Obama all line up and say Hillary is a crook, they won't vote for her, and she should be in jail then you'll have the equivalent to what the Republicans did to Trump last week.
Crow, thank you for acknowledging the right has higher standards and open mindedness.

Romney pulled in 6% of the black vote in '12. McCain got a whopping 4% in '08. Trump is polling at 25% of the black vote and 31% with Hispanics according to the SurveyUSA Poll (I know nothing about this particular poll.
where are you getting that number? everything i'm seeing is putting him in the single digits against Hillary, which is ballpark for most Republican candidates over the last 30 years.

I was all in on Rubio because I thought he was most electable. That was, until I saw Christie destroy him and send him into the stuck record status that we all saw. That was really the end for him. Rubio would be destroyed. Cruz would lead to an epic defeat.

Which is why Im so confused about the GOP establishment trying so hard to crush Trump. Its obvious at this point Trump is the best bet to beat Hillary. Rather than back him, or even stay out of it, they go all in on destroying him. Incredible.
It is time for the GOP to go. I have supported them for a while now and keep getting disappointed.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
Actually they haven't yet, but Lyndsey Graham and Mitt are clearly trying to. Everyone on stage said they would support whoever it is, and yet the idiots off stage too stupid and scared that saying they would support him would basically give him a shot in the arm.

Sadly all these dipshits will in fact support him over settling for Hiliary! They are just so damn hopeful someone can beat him, and they won't.

where are you getting that number? everything i'm seeing is putting him in the single digits against Hillary, which is ballpark for most Republican candidates over the last 30 years.

Don't know how to do links but Google "What percentage of the black vote did Romney get" Look down about five articles. Looks like an old poll though.

ok, scenario:

Trump falls just short of a bullet-proof majority. Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich finish a distant 2/3/4 in the delegate count. We head to the convention.

Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich get in a room and cut the following deal: Rubio/Kasich on the ticket (in whatever order) in exchange for Cruz' delegates and a promise for the first SCOTUS vacancy to be given to Cruz. A Trump/Cruz ticket is less likely to win than a Rubio/Kasich one, while a Cruz top-of-ticket is the most likely to hurt down-ticket Republicans (and possibly cost the Senate). A Rubio/Kasich pairing is the most favorable on the electoral map and there's almost assuredly going to be a SCOTUS vacancy within the next four years even if Scalia's seat gets filled before February.

I have been a republican since my first election when I voted for Reagan, but it's this type of political crap that I'm D@%$ sick of. I'm tired of traditional politicians and the mess they've gotten us into. If Trump goes into the convention with a clear lead in delegates, IMO, he should get the nomination. If my party pulls a stunt like this, I will vote for neither party. Granted, Trump is a poor candidate, but he represents a break from traditional politics and that's important to many of us. Besides, I don't see anyone beating clinton, but IMO Trump offers the best opportunity. The system is broken...on both sides.

Some of you guys really know this stuff. I enjoy reading your arguments.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Exactly.

White people just assume when they see a Hispanic name that "they all get along". hahaha

White person: "How in the hell did Hillary win the Latino vote with Rubio running?"

Oh I can tell you why, but white people know it all, so i'll save my breath.

How much of that comes from the 'Wet feet, dry feet" policy for Cubans?
Rubio wants to crack down on immigration and the southern border, would he repeal the amnesty policy for Cubans.

Would Trump bring you closer to winning the Ohio/Virginia/Florida trifecta or further away from it? Personally, (and I would have to dig into the data), my instinct says that Trump is only a benefit in Florida. Rubio/Kasich both perform very well in Virginia and obviously Kasich performs very well in Ohio.

Depends on his running mate. With Kasich - I think he absolutely does. Rubio is toast, and Cruz would justifiably lose in an epic landslide. Theyre both terrible. Trump/Kasich is the best chance as of today.

They hosed themselves imo. Spineless and gutless, they have allowed the GOP to slide into chaos.

It is time for the GOP to go. I have supported them for a while now and keep getting disappointed.

It really is incredible. They had a candidate that was picking up tons of momentum, was on the right side of all the social issues, on the right side of all the conservative issues, was generating record turnout. Rather than the establishment get behind him in a concerted effort to beat Hillary, they sabotage him because they cant control his every move.

All this in an effort to put forth either Rubio or Cruz. Rubio has sunk like a lead balloon since his broken record debate performance, and rightfully so. Cruz will be a landslide loss.

So, the GOP would literally rather burn the whole thing down and let Hillary win than let a moderate republican have a decent chance because they cant control him. Incredible.

Join the light side with us Libertarians my friend.

Hell Im there. Have been for awhile. Problem is, if Hillary wins this election its over for any non democrat. Youre looking at democrat presidents for the next 20+ years, until a domestic born latino candidate comes along.

Hell Im there. Have been for awhile. Problem is, if Hillary wins this election its over for any non democrat. Youre looking at democrat presidents for the next 20+ years, until a domestic born latino candidate comes along.[/QUOTE]

I know man. I've mostly given up too. I just can't make myself give up completely. Our only real hope is that the GOP will crumble enough to maybe merge with the Libertarians. In the meantime I just keep spreading the word. It's amazing how many people have no idea that the party even exists.

Reactions: Willy4UK
The thought of Albany being forced to acknowledge that Hillary lost and Trump is actually the president gets me almost excited enough to get off my ass and vote for him.

I'll be the fist one on here to take my lumps if this happens...been here for a long time.
And yes, get out and vote.

FYI...Hillary is still going to win.

I have been a republican since my first election when I voted for Reagan, but it's this type of political crap that I'm D@%$ sick of. I'm tired of traditional politicians and the mess they've gotten us into. If Trump goes into the convention with a clear lead in delegates, IMO, he should get the nomination. If my party pulls a stunt like this, I will vote for neither party.

Got a good work friend that used to work in Republican politics (McCain, mostly) that is in this camp. He can't stand Trump, but hates what the party is doing as a matter of principle. Still, most of the conservatives here state things like "dumb it down to Trump voter level." And then mock Democratic appointees to the bench. They're little Scalias, basically. So they would probably get along well with most of this board.

Actually what it is on a global scale is that while "true" conservatives stick to principle(whatever you want to make of that) the real republicans don't give a damn about social agendas.

We simply don't give a damn anymore and are tired of hiding it from church going older people.

Could we learn some discipline, respect, hard times etc etc from those folks? Of course but they all sold us out years ago so F them!

That is the bottom line right there in a nutshell. The GOP either changes its social perception or a new party will arise and become very strong in this country.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music

I'll quibble a bit. What you've seen from Rubio, IMO, is bad strategy twice. I think it was pretty obvious in the NH debate his strategy was don't swing down. He had the momentum coming out of Iowa, and wanted to create the impression he was above the other establishment guys. So don't get into it with Bush or Kasich or Christie. Focus on the Dem, like the front runner should. Way too early for that, and it cost him. And then about two weeks ago someone decided he needed to engage with Trump in the mud. Bad move. Anyway, again IMO, this was bad strategy, not just a revealing look at Rubio weakness. Rubio consistently performed well in debate after debate. Saying he's a lightweight after a horrible 2 minutes with Christie is like the rubes on Rafters saying Cal, at 22-4 in the NCAAT, can't coach because of that 4 minutes vs Wisconsin.

As for Trump and the Repubs, it's possible they agree he's the most likely winner, but think it would be horrible for the Party if he wins. Maybe he turns out to be a disaster as Prez, which would be hung around the Republican Party's neck. Or maybe his success would mean the dismantling of the party as currently situated. IOW, maybe they're thinking beyond thus election.

Reactions: WettCat
So we should mock Dem establishment for standing in unity behind a corrupt frontrunner HRC but also mock the GOP establishment for not standing behind a very flawed frontrunner Trump?

Its not very confusing for me. Its actually pretty simple. The folks with the wealth and power on the GOP side are scared to death of Trump because they cannot control him. They LOVE how business is conducted in Washington and do not want it to change. That is why you hear many of them would rather have Hilary because they know that at least with her nothing is going to change when it comes to their corruption and way of life in Washington. As for Cruz, they just do not like the guy because he is easy to not like, but they will go with him if they have to because they know he will fall in line when their lobbyists, etc. get their hands on him.

Trump loses head to head with either Cruz or Rubio, fyi per polling yesterday so he is not exactly dominating and has much disapproval from the non powerful.

Reactions: wkycatfan
all the tech oligarchs will be trying to drag Hillary into the White House, doesnt matter that Trump is the frontrunner they'd be doing the same if it were anyone else. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple, Yahoo, all far far left cheerleaders. can't have someone unfriendly in the big chair who might call their monopolies and employment practices that are harmful to the American working people to task.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

HuffPo:

MEXICO CITY -- When Wikileaks founder Julian Assange told an open government conference Thursday that "Google was now Hillary's secret weapon," he provided ample fertilizer for a year's worth of conspiracy theories in this overheated election season.

Assange was referring to The Groundwork, a stealthy startup funded by Google Chairman Eric Schmidt that's providing consulting services to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's campaign. According to Quartz, The Groundwork is building digital infrastructure like the Obama campaign did in 2012, laying "the groundwork' for personalized, data-driven electioneering in 2016.

While Schmidt has said that he would not work in a Clinton administration, he does support her presidential campaign. Google also has a number of close ties to the Obama administration, with a number of former employees serving in top positions, from U.S. Chief Technology Officer Megan Smith to the head of the U.S. Patent Office, Michelle Lee. The chief technology officer of Clinton's campaign, Stephanie Hannon, was also hired from Google.

Assange isn't the first person to raise concerns about a search algorithm stealing the presidency. Harvard Law professor Jonathan Zittrain has explored how Google or Facebook could influence an election by customizing search results or news, swinging undecided voters to one side or another.

HuffPo:

MEXICO CITY -- When Wikileaks founder Julian Assange told an open government conference Thursday that "Google was now Hillary's secret weapon," he provided ample fertilizer for a year's worth of conspiracy theories in this overheated election season.

Assange was referring to The Groundwork, a stealthy startup funded by Google Chairman Eric Schmidt that's providing consulting services to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's campaign. According to Quartz, The Groundwork is building digital infrastructure like the Obama campaign did in 2012, laying "the groundwork' for personalized, data-driven electioneering in 2016.

While Schmidt has said that he would not work in a Clinton administration, he does support her presidential campaign. Google also has a number of close ties to the Obama administration, with a number of former employees serving in top positions, from U.S. Chief Technology Officer Megan Smith to the head of the U.S. Patent Office, Michelle Lee. The chief technology officer of Clinton's campaign, Stephanie Hannon, was also hired from Google.

Assange isn't the first person to raise concerns about a search algorithm stealing the presidency. Harvard Law professor Jonathan Zittrain has explored how Google or Facebook could influence an election by customizing search results or news, swinging undecided voters to one side or another.

I'm thoroughly not shocked.

Hell, this election has already been compromised. No way anyone is going to win but her.

Last edited:
I mentioned the other day, Steve Jobs lobbied Obama regarding taking on Ed unions and streamlining fed regs for building plants. Cook is worried about a pizza shop in rural IN being forced to cater a gay wedding.

"According to the report, the meeting took place off the coast of Georgia at a private island resort and included Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page, Sean Parker, and Elon Musk. Other establishment attendees included Mitch McConnell, Karl Rove, House Speaker Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, Cory Gardner, Tim Scott, Rob Portman, and Ben Sasse."

I mean that's a lot of "republicans" meeting with the far left side...

"According to the report, the meeting took place off the coast of Georgia at a private island resort and included Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page, Sean Parker, and Elon Musk. Other establishment attendees included Mitch McConnell, Karl Rove, House Speaker Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, Cory Gardner, Tim Scott, Rob Portman, and Ben Sasse."

I have that feeling that I should be confused about that.

Reactions: -LEK-
I'll quibble a bit. What you've seen from Rubio, IMO, is bad strategy twice. I think it was pretty obvious in the NH debate his strategy was don't swing down. He had the momentum coming out of Iowa, and wanted to create the impression he was above the other establishment guys. So don't get into it with Bush or Kasich or Christie. Focus on the Dem, like the front runner should. Way too early for that, and it cost him. And then about two weeks ago someone decided he needed to engage with Trump in the mud. Bad move. Anyway, again IMO, this was bad strategy, not just a revealing look at Rubio weakness. Rubio consistently performed well in debate after debate. Saying he's a lightweight after a horrible 2 minutes with Christie is like the rubes on Rafters saying Cal, at 22-4 in the NCAAT, can't coach because of that 4 minutes vs Wisconsin.

As for Trump and the Repubs, it's possible they agree he's the most likely winner, but think it would be horrible for the Party if he wins. Maybe he turns out to be a disaster as Prez, which would be hung around the Republican Party's neck. Or maybe his success would mean the dismantling of the party as currently situated. IOW, maybe they're thinking beyond thus election.

Valid points. It was 2 bad debate performances for sure. But I think it was more than just bad strategy. Rubio is just an empty candidate. The only thing he really has going for him is hes young and a minority. Hes accomplished nothing in office, other than running for another office. If you put Rubio and Obama in a side by side column and remove the names - you wont be able to guess whos who. The only differences is one is a Dem and the other an R. In his own home state, Rubio is getting crushed by Trump. Says alot.

Would Trump be awful for the party? Maybe. But he definitely wont be worse than HIllary. If she wins, the GOP may as well not even run candidates in future presidential elections; because its over.

Bottom line is the establishment is scared because they cant control him. Really has nothing to do with his positions or anything else.

So we should mock Dem establishment for standing in unity behind a corrupt frontrunner HRC but also mock the GOP establishment for not standing behind a very flawed frontrunner Trump?

If they were taking some moral highground, id be inclined to agree. Its about control and rocking the boat. Theyd rather put forth a guaranteed losing candidate they can control, than a potential winner they cant.

Trump loses head to head with either Cruz or Rubio, fyi per polling yesterday so he is not exactly dominating and has much disapproval from the non powerful.

We've heard alot about the disapproval ratings etc. I think its pretty clear by now theres a fairly sizable silent contingent whos voting for Trump without saying so. Otherwise it wouldnt take the entire GOP and Dem party together to try and bring him down; all while hes still doing well in spite of the efforts.

HuffPo:

No doubt theres a concerted MSM effort so it wouldnt surprise me at all if there was a concerted tech effort too, considering theyre mainly based in Cali anyway.

I'm thoroughly not shocked.

Hell, this election is already been compromised. No way anyone is going to win but her.

That was basically decided when she withdrew in the 08 election. MSM have yet to challenge her in the least, even though she has 25 years worth of corruption giving them tons of content.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Trump proves conclusively that we're all victims of good cop/bad cop con job. Seriously, what, fundamentally, would be the real difference in Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, or Marco Rubio? Maybe lip service to far right social policies vs lip service to blacks and latinos? Seriously, it's all horseshit.

I waited in line to vote for Obama for an hour and a half the first time... so he could fill his cabinet with Goldman Sachs thieves????

Trump is not in that. He is not under control. That's why you see the entire establishment in an unprecedented attack upon their own candidate. They would vote for Hillary.

That's why Trump is so popular. The people just want to send a big fat orange haired poison pill right up into the mother ship like in the Independence Day flick. They don't want Trump to govern, they want him to blow the ship out of the sky so we can rebuild from what's left.

Trump or Bernie. Either is fine by me. I want something that fundamentally changes to something else. I don't care what else at this point, just loose the wrecking ball.

Noone should be surprised. Like I posted a few days ago, the GOP are willing to burn the whole thing down before theyll run the risk of the Trump win. I dont get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT