POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of these Dem posters aren't uninformed or stupid at all. Even worse. They know better yet perpetrate a known lie in an attempt to further their party's interest.

There is the occasional misinformed poster (usually a millennial). Probably obtained their bad info at the hands of some of these liars. But by and large it's a coordinated effort to flood the air with misinformation
Exactly,which is why I hit them with the truth and just answer them with the only retort needed to their post: FAKE NEWS. They may post an occasional word of truth or something some one actually said but, they will take out of context by expounding on it with more lies. JamesLee and a couple more on this site try to saturate this place with unproven statements which in most cases are generally debunked shortly thereafter only to move on to the next ridiculous post. Lowest of the low if they are actual Americans.

Don't know why, but I still regularly visit the left wing echo chamber that is Reddit. Their standard straw man argument for this Alex Jones thing is, "Conservatives don't understand freedom of speech."

Of course, as usual, the lefties are entirely missing the point that I cannot hammer enough.

This isn't about freedom of speech. It's about Facebook (et al) picking and choosing to only publish content it agrees with. If Facebook views itself as a publisher that needs to suppress content it disagrees with, it needs to be held responsible for any libel, bullying, organization of these stupid Antifa riots, etc. that it agrees with and publishes.

I am perfectly OK with them banning Alex Jones from their sites. However, that shows they have the means and capability to monitor and review content that it publishes. If they continue to tacitly endorse the hateful conduct of the left, they need to be held responsible. I'd much prefer to see that done in the judicial system as opposed to regulation.

Not quite 2 years in, and the Enquirer is now seriously floating the idea that scrapping the streetcar is the best option. My how the tides have turned.

Lefties just never learn. Reasonable people argued it should never have been built. Reasonable people put a mayor and city council in office under the promise (lies) that the streetcar would be stopped before any more money was wasted. The lefties and city pushed on.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...l-system-needs-parked-indefinitely/916640002/

Maybe Cincinnati can convert all the streetcars into B&Bs for the homeless in the third street camps.

Don't know why, but I still regularly visit the left wing echo chamber that is Reddit. Their standard straw man argument for this Alex Jones thing is, "Conservatives don't understand freedom of speech."

Of course, as usual, the lefties are entirely missing the point that I cannot hammer enough.

This isn't about freedom of speech. It's about Facebook (et al) picking and choosing to only publish content it agrees with. If Facebook views itself as a publisher that needs to suppress content it disagrees with, it needs to be held responsible for any libel, bullying, organization of these stupid Antifa riots, etc. that it agrees with and publishes.

I am perfectly OK with them banning Alex Jones from their sites. However, that shows they have the means and capability to monitor and review content that it publishes. If they continue to tacitly endorse the hateful conduct of the left, they need to be held responsible. I'd much prefer to see that done in the judicial system as opposed to regulation.

Right. They can ban Alex Jones just like they can post paid for ads/memes. It’s their website.

I still don’t quite understand how/why that website has become so important - in terms of day to day life, the freedom of our democracy, etc etc

It’s the greatest propaganda tool out there I guess. The number of hits and eyeballs must be unbelievable. Add in all the private info they own from their users. Holy cow.

You know, if we ever start arresting people for their posts/online activities like they do in Europe...can you imagine how dangerous Facebook would be? Wouldn’t be difficult to punish just about anyone for something they have posted over the span of their e-career.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Not quite 2 years in, and the Enquirer is now seriously floating the idea that scrapping the streetcar is the best option. My how the tides have turned.

Lefties just never learn. Reasonable people argued it should never have been built. Reasonable people put a mayor and city council in office under the promise (lies) that the streetcar would be stopped before any more money was wasted. The lefties and city pushed on.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...l-system-needs-parked-indefinitely/916640002/

Maybe Cincinnati can convert all the streetcars into B&Bs for the homeless in the third street camps.
I work in the Atrium II building and see it everyday. The streetcar is a freakin joke.

I work in the Atrium II building and see it everyday. The streetcar is a freakin joke.

Cincinnati is one of four locations that are moving forward with an lsraeli pharmaceutical company’s “universal flu vaccine” (ie humans / clinical trials)

Bill gates putting up $12m to promote globally

Keep an eye on that one
Supposed to roll out in 2021 ish

Watching liberal myopic boondoggles are funny and a bit frustrating. Every 6-12 months I see a story about the CA high speed train, with each update the cost goes up, the speed of the train goes down, and the timetable moves out.
A few years ago Lex raised taxes for Lextran. Within months they requested more.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

It's been a debacle all the way around. It already has mold. They don't have as many cars as they promised. They are routinely under repair. They freeze and can't run in cold weather. There have been countless accidents. They don't run them during many of the biggest festivals. It seriously takes longer than walking. Operating costs are higher than expected. Revenue is lower than expected.

What a waste of money - and they can't stop running them until 2041 without repaying $40 million in federal money.

38631907_120378908896390_829772228294868992_n.jpg

Amazing how a company like the NFL who has grown into a mammoth sports organization could be so dumb with some of its recent decisions. Goodell will go down as the worst commissioner in that league's history.
Not a Jerry Jones fan but give him credit for challenging Goodell getting over $40m in salary.

Exactly right
There were many in Cincy begging for it not to be built. Political correctness got it done.

You know how Democrats claim the parties switched in the 60s and that the KKK were Republicans? lol. Isn't it interesting that the Dem Party used people in masks/hoods to intimidate and commit violence against blacks and Republicans and now also wear masks/hoods to intimidate and commit violence against Republicans?

Big switch, guys.

Reactions: blubo
It's been a debacle all the way around. It already has mold. They don't have as many cars as they promised. They are routinely under repair. They freeze and can't run in cold weather. There have been countless accidents. They don't run them during many of the biggest festivals. It seriously takes longer than walking. Operating costs are higher than expected. Revenue is lower than expected.

What a waste of money - and they can't stop running them until 2041 without repaying $40 million in federal money.
Here's what kills me: they run every 13 minutes (IIRC).

I am fortunate in that I have complete schedule flexibility but for folks who have 1 hour (or less) for lunch, who wants to spend up to 26 minutes waiting?

I have yet to see it even close to full: last time I used it they didn't even take my ticket (which explains why its usually only carrying homeless folks).

What a joke... for what... $150 million?

You know how the left pursues 'victimhood' and claims they're fighting oppression? Haha. Imagine if these assholes were silenced on campus, online and were confronted and assaulted in public for their beliefs even by some who wear masks and then watched as the media defended those who assaulted them. Imagine creating a GoFundMe for a 30 year old conservative who went and threw a drink in the face of a liberal teenager and stole his property? Imagine the outcries of that.

You can start to see why the left and Islam have the relationship that they do. Portray yourself as this victim while showing no tolerance and have any understanding for opposing thought in industries/areas you control.

Last edited:
Reactions: P19978
You know how Democrats claim the parties switched in the 60s and that the KKK were Republicans? lol. Isn't it interesting that the Dem Party used people in masks/hoods to intimidate and commit violence against blacks and Republicans and now also wear masks/hoods to intimidate and commit violence against Republicans?

Big switch, guys.
All those states that used to own slaves and vote Democratic aren't voting that way anymore.

Since Trump's election, it's a tight battle for the biggest loser: the media or the Democratic party.

He has literally disrobed them both for all the world to see.

Chris Smitherman was against it until he voted for it I believe

He voted against it. The mayor and 3 new city council members were elected in 2013, all ran opposed to the streetcar. 6 out of the 9 city council members were then against it, but Kevin Flynn and PG Sittenfeld both flipped at the last minute which is how we got it.

Ironically Sittenfeld and Smitherman will likely be running against each other for mayor next year.

Last edited:
You know they are. You see some of the very same insane conspiracy theories on here all the time.

I would wager that at least 5-10 regular Trumpers in here post on 8 Chan regularly. Or at least browse.
I just want to live in a world where America's education system and parenting didnt fail us so badly. Trump and his supporters are a reminder that we have such a long way to go.

Reactions: mustnotsleepnow
Here's what kills me: they run every 13 minutes (IIRC).

I am fortunate in that I have complete schedule flexibility but for folks who have 1 hour (or less) for lunch, who wants to spend up to 26 minutes waiting?

I have yet to see it even close to full: last time I used it they didn't even take my ticket (which explains why its usually only carrying homeless folks).

What a joke... for what... $150 million?

At lunch a week or so back, I saw more people get their Bird scooter wheel stuck in the track than actual streetcars go by.

All those states that used to own slaves and vote Democratic aren't voting that way anymore.
Clinton carried KY twice. Obama got more KY votes than Kerry.
Your party is ran out of Manhattan and CA and is way out of step with the country. There is a reason an addled nearly-80yo woman and a NY uber-liberal are your leaders.
Meanwhile, the GOP's last 3 nominees were more centrist than conservative.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT