POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[laughing] The only proven case and conviction of molestation came in 2015, when Obama was separating children, and DHS was run by Democrats.

Just five days after he reached the United States, the 15-year-old Honduran boy awoke in his Tucson, Arizona, immigrant shelter one morning in 2015 to find a youth care worker in his room, tickling his chest and stomach.

When he asked the man, who was 46, what he was doing, the man left. But he returned two more times, rubbing the teen’s penis through his clothing and then trying to reach under his boxers. “I know what you want, I can give you anything you need,” said the worker, who was later convicted of molestation.

[laughing] Again, the Obama administration hired a sexual predator and the Trump administration had to clean up the mess...

Pacheco had groped them through their clothing. All of the incidents are alleged to have taken place between August 2016 and July 2017, according to a court filing last week that laid out the government’s case.

The case, initially investigated by local police, is now proceeding through U.S. District Court in Phoenix. Pacheco had worked at Southwest Key’s Casa Kokopelli shelter, one of eight the company runs in Arizona, since May 2016.

couple recent international things that wreak of Obama...

1) the venezuala drone bombing attempt.
2) AP report that "sources" say US backed Saudis made deal with ISIS, did not drive them out with force

@Levibooty, while you're at it, let's link this one, too.

This is just another example, in a long line of examples, of the Trump administration cleaning up another Obama administration mess.

Under the Trump administration, those who claim to be their parents, family, etc... have to undergo DNA tests on top of proper background checks.

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers

The Obama administration failed to protect thousands of Central American children who have flooded across the U.S. border since 2011, leaving them vulnerable to traffickers and to abuses at the hands of government-approved caretakers, a Senate investigation has found.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services, failed to do proper background checks of adults who claimed the children, allowed sponsors to take custody of multiple unrelated children, and regularly placed children in homes without visiting the locations, according to a 56-page investigative report released Thursday.

And once the children left federally funded shelters, the report said, the agency permitted their adult sponsors to prevent caseworkers from providing them post-release services.

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) initiated the six-month investigation after several Guatemalan teens were found in a dilapidated trailer park near Marion, Ohio, where they were being held captive by traffickers and forced to work at a local egg farm.

The report concluded that administration “policies and procedures were inadequate to protect the children in the agency’s care.”

It detailed nearly 30 cases where children had been trafficked after federal officials released them to sponsors or where there were “serious trafficking indicators.”

“HHS places children with individuals about whom it knows relatively little and without verifying the limited information provided by sponsors about their alleged relationship with the child,” the report said.

So Trump says most politicians would have gone to the meeting. Trump did not go to the meeting.

Are you morons even trying anymore?

"Trump said most politicians would have gone to the meeting, and Trump didn't go, so that means Trump is just like other politicians."

Goodness.

Come on. He obviously approves of it. "That's politics!"

If you honestly think he didn't know about the meeting, you're delusional.

Just one time, I want you guys to not spin something he says or does.

We bombed a neutral country, killing thousands of innocent civilians. "Yeah, but Trump didn't PERSONALLY drop the bomb"

Just one time I want you guys to provide evidence of what you claim is so obvious.

You do realize that this meeting is the one Russia occurrence that we have the most evidence on, don't you?

Yet, again, it's still all conjecture and zero proof. Who's delusional, actually?

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Come on. He obviously approves of it. "That's politics!"

We bombed a neutral country, killing thousands of innocent civilians. "Yeah, but Trump didn't PERSONALLY drop the bomb"

You copied Trump saying most politicians would have done something. Trump did not do that thing. Your moronic response was "I thought you guys voted for Trump because he isn't like most politicians."

No one said anything about whether or not he knew.

You are the illiterate clown trying to spin your way out of your moronic post.

Which countries has Trump bombed killing thousands of innocent civilians? I haven't seen anything reported.

Until the cops start arresting and jailing those assholes, it's going to keep getting worse.

Check out @deplorablem1ke’s Tweet:

Reactions: screwduke1
You copied Trump saying most politicians would have done something. Trump did not do that thing. Your moronic response was "I thought you guys voted for Trump because he isn't like most politicians."

No one said anything about whether or not he knew.

You are the illiterate clown trying to spin your way out of your moronic post.

Which countries has Trump bombed killing thousands of innocent civilians? I haven't seen anything reported.

Jesus...it was a hypothetical situation.

You guys twist my words every time I post. That's why I rarely come into this cesspool. Which, I'm sure, you guys love since I don't think exactly like you.

Jesus...it was a hypothetical situation.

You guys twist my words every time I post. That's why I rarely come into this cesspool. Which, I'm sure, you guys love since I don't think exactly like you.

Which words have I twisted?

Maybe refrain from making moronic bullshit generalizations about all the posters based on your illiterate misreading of a tweet and bullshit made up hypotheticals.

Don't get all pissy because you were called on your bullshit.

Reactions: P19978
Watched NBC’s Today Show this morning in order to see the Liberal position on the mess in Chicago. No mention during the first 45 minutes. Perhaps I just missed it while pouring my cup of coffee?
Pretty remarkable how leftists claim to be for helping African Americans yet never say a damn word about what happens in Chicago or any other big city with lots of murders.

When reading this, for those who do, keep in mind that Samochornov, the translator, is an American citizen and a registered Democrat who worked for Obama's State Department and has ties to the Clintons.

Is the Trump Tower meeting really proof of collusion?

If there is an Exhibit A in the case that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to fix the presidential election, it is the June 9, 2016, meeting in Trump Tower between three top campaign officials — Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner — and a group of Russians who promised dirt on Hillary Clinton.

And if there is a key document about the meeting — an Exhibit A of Exhibit A — it is the email from British music promoter Rob Goldstone to Trump Jr. proposing the get-together. Read in light of the accusations leveled against President Trump and his campaign after the election, the email almost screams: WE WANT TO COLLUDE WITH YOU.

But did it really? Newly-released testimony by several participants in the Trump Tower meeting suggests the answer could well be no.

But what, precisely, did the Goldstone email mean? What were the intentions behind it? Did it reveal a Russian campaign to assist Trump? Was it a key part of a collusion scheme to fix the 2016 election?

The just-released testimony, which includes transcripts of two interviews with Goldstone, is from the Senate Judiciary Committee's Trump-Russia investigation. It suggests that the language of the email — the words that electrified the political world when Trump Jr., pushed by press reports, released them in July 2017 — were less an invitation to collusion than what Goldstone called "publicist puff," that is, inflated phrases used to entice the candidate's top aides to accept a meeting.

And then, when Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting, the Russians, far from offering the promised dirt on Clinton, made a conventional, lobby-like pitch — not a surprise, given that the American law/lobbying firm BakerHostetler was behind much of it — to win Trump support for getting rid of the Magnitsky Act's sanctions against Russia. There's no evidence that anyone proposed a deal: Russian help in the election in exchange for Trump help in killing Magnitsky. Instead, the Russians got in the door, made their pitch, and left when the Trump team wasn't interested. By all accounts, the meeting came to nothing; Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner rolled their collective eyes, and everyone left.

Goldstone was asked by the committee whether at the time he was aware of any Russian efforts to interfere in the U.S. presidential election. He said he was not. He was also asked if he knew anything about the supposed documents that were being offered to Trump Jr. He said he did not.

So why did Goldstone choose the words he chose in the email? An answer came in a 2017 email provided to the committee. Shortly after the Trump Tower meeting was first reported in the media, Goldstone and Emin Agalarov exchanged emails on how best to address the story. Goldstone sent Agalarov a draft statement saying that in the email he used "the strongest hyperbolic language" to convince Trump Jr. to take the meeting. Asked by the Senate what he meant by "strongest hyperbolic language," Goldstone said, "That I had puffed it and used some keywords that I thought would attract Don Jr.'s attention."

"I mean, publicist puff is how they get meetings," Goldstone added.

One person who was listening closely in the meeting and is thought to have an unbiased view of events was a man named Anatoli Samochornov, who was there as a translator for Veselnitskaya, who knew very little English.

Samochornov was in the room for the entire meeting and did not remember anyone bringing up Goldstone's original email promising dirt on Clinton. He did not remember Trump Jr., Manafort, or Kushner asking any of the Russians any questions. He did not remember anyone mentioning that any sort of information might be provided in the future. He did not remember anyone mentioning Hillary Clinton, or negative information on Hillary Clinton. He did not remember anyone discussing a future meeting. (Samochornov also testified about a lunch the Russian participants had before the Trump Tower meeting. He did not remember anyone mentioning providing negative information about Clinton, or anyone mentioning Clinton at all.)

Samochornov did remember one thing that Donald Trump Jr. said during the meeting. At the end, he testified, Trump Jr. said that "if or when my father becomes president, we will revisit this issue."

Investigators asked what Samochornov thought Trump Jr. meant by that. "Frankly, if you are asking for my reaction, it was a very polite way of saying, 'Thank you very much. It's time for you to go. The meeting's over.'"

And it was. Veselnitskaya left the meeting disappointed, while the three Trump officials were apparently unhappy that 20 minutes of their time had been wasted. A year later, when news of the meeting broke, it became the most important 20 minutes of the Trump-Russia investigation.

So far, special counsel Robert Mueller has not charged anyone with anything involving the June 9 meeting. One participant, Manafort, has been charged, but not with any alleged crimes involving collusion or relating to the meeting. Perhaps Mueller has some charges related to the meeting up his sleeve, but for the moment, after the release of the Senate Judiciary Committee transcripts, the meeting seems more like a clumsy attempt at lobbying than a conspiracy to interfere with a presidential election.

Really hoping people can use the court system to start holding Google, Apple, Twitter, Facebook, etc. responsible for content they are refusing to ban. Meaning, if you are going to police and ban any conservative content you politically disagree with, they need to be held responsible for publishing and tacitly endorsing all the lunatic fringe radical leftist content.

Either police it all equally, or don't police it all.

But just complaining every time a conservative is banned for their political viewpoints isn't enough. Those companies need to be sued and held responsible for all the content they're endorsing.

Really hoping people can use the court system to start holding Google, Apple, Twitter, Facebook, etc. responsible for content they are refusing to ban. Meaning, if you are going to police and ban any conservative content you politically disagree with, they need to be held responsible for publishing and tacitly endorsing all the lunatic fringe radical leftist content.

Either police it all equally, or don't police it all.

But just complaining every time a conservative is banned for their political viewpoints isn't enough. Those companies need to be sued and held responsible for all the content they're endorsing.

Speaking of, since the guy who was originally distributing 3-D weapons blueprints was blocked by a judge, a second guns rights group stepped up and said they would distribute the blueprints. It was reported this morning that Google banned their website

Policing speech is complete bs.

We have put the internet up on a pedestal and it's dangerous. Look at what we've done to fn facebook. We put Mark Zuck on fn capital hill and accused him of ruining our democracy BECAUSE SOMEONE POSTED FN MEMES ON HIS STUPID WEBSITE. There's no coming back from that. We are going to continue down this slippery slope. Enjoy!

Policing speech is complete bs.

We have put the internet up on a pedestal and it's dangerous. Look at what we've done to fn facebook. We put Mark Zuck on fn capital hill and accused him of ruining our democracy BECAUSE SOMEONE POSTED FN MEMES ON HIS STUPID WEBSITE. There's no coming back from that. We are going to continue down this slippery slope. Enjoy!

Human nature and history support your assertion IMO

At some point we collectively take on a kind of critical mass or historical inertia....and its nearly impossible to stop the resulting series of consequences / reactions/ counter-reactions

When reading this, for those who do, keep in mind that Samochornov, the translator, is an American citizen and a registered Democrat who worked for Obama's State Department and has ties to the Clintons.

Is the Trump Tower meeting really proof of collusion?

If there is an Exhibit A in the case that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to fix the presidential election, it is the June 9, 2016, meeting in Trump Tower between three top campaign officials — Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner — and a group of Russians who promised dirt on Hillary Clinton.

And if there is a key document about the meeting — an Exhibit A of Exhibit A — it is the email from British music promoter Rob Goldstone to Trump Jr. proposing the get-together. Read in light of the accusations leveled against President Trump and his campaign after the election, the email almost screams: WE WANT TO COLLUDE WITH YOU.

But did it really? Newly-released testimony by several participants in the Trump Tower meeting suggests the answer could well be no.

But what, precisely, did the Goldstone email mean? What were the intentions behind it? Did it reveal a Russian campaign to assist Trump? Was it a key part of a collusion scheme to fix the 2016 election?

The just-released testimony, which includes transcripts of two interviews with Goldstone, is from the Senate Judiciary Committee's Trump-Russia investigation. It suggests that the language of the email — the words that electrified the political world when Trump Jr., pushed by press reports, released them in July 2017 — were less an invitation to collusion than what Goldstone called "publicist puff," that is, inflated phrases used to entice the candidate's top aides to accept a meeting.

And then, when Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting, the Russians, far from offering the promised dirt on Clinton, made a conventional, lobby-like pitch — not a surprise, given that the American law/lobbying firm BakerHostetler was behind much of it — to win Trump support for getting rid of the Magnitsky Act's sanctions against Russia. There's no evidence that anyone proposed a deal: Russian help in the election in exchange for Trump help in killing Magnitsky. Instead, the Russians got in the door, made their pitch, and left when the Trump team wasn't interested. By all accounts, the meeting came to nothing; Trump Jr., Manafort, and Kushner rolled their collective eyes, and everyone left.

Goldstone was asked by the committee whether at the time he was aware of any Russian efforts to interfere in the U.S. presidential election. He said he was not. He was also asked if he knew anything about the supposed documents that were being offered to Trump Jr. He said he did not.

So why did Goldstone choose the words he chose in the email? An answer came in a 2017 email provided to the committee. Shortly after the Trump Tower meeting was first reported in the media, Goldstone and Emin Agalarov exchanged emails on how best to address the story. Goldstone sent Agalarov a draft statement saying that in the email he used "the strongest hyperbolic language" to convince Trump Jr. to take the meeting. Asked by the Senate what he meant by "strongest hyperbolic language," Goldstone said, "That I had puffed it and used some keywords that I thought would attract Don Jr.'s attention."

"I mean, publicist puff is how they get meetings," Goldstone added.

One person who was listening closely in the meeting and is thought to have an unbiased view of events was a man named Anatoli Samochornov, who was there as a translator for Veselnitskaya, who knew very little English.

Samochornov was in the room for the entire meeting and did not remember anyone bringing up Goldstone's original email promising dirt on Clinton. He did not remember Trump Jr., Manafort, or Kushner asking any of the Russians any questions. He did not remember anyone mentioning that any sort of information might be provided in the future. He did not remember anyone mentioning Hillary Clinton, or negative information on Hillary Clinton. He did not remember anyone discussing a future meeting. (Samochornov also testified about a lunch the Russian participants had before the Trump Tower meeting. He did not remember anyone mentioning providing negative information about Clinton, or anyone mentioning Clinton at all.)

Samochornov did remember one thing that Donald Trump Jr. said during the meeting. At the end, he testified, Trump Jr. said that "if or when my father becomes president, we will revisit this issue."

Investigators asked what Samochornov thought Trump Jr. meant by that. "Frankly, if you are asking for my reaction, it was a very polite way of saying, 'Thank you very much. It's time for you to go. The meeting's over.'"

And it was. Veselnitskaya left the meeting disappointed, while the three Trump officials were apparently unhappy that 20 minutes of their time had been wasted. A year later, when news of the meeting broke, it became the most important 20 minutes of the Trump-Russia investigation.

So far, special counsel Robert Mueller has not charged anyone with anything involving the June 9 meeting. One participant, Manafort, has been charged, but not with any alleged crimes involving collusion or relating to the meeting. Perhaps Mueller has some charges related to the meeting up his sleeve, but for the moment, after the release of the Senate Judiciary Committee transcripts, the meeting seems more like a clumsy attempt at lobbying than a conspiracy to interfere with a presidential election.
Do you mean the meeting that didn't happen...I mean the meeting that happened but was to discuss adoptions...I mean the meeting that happened to discuss HRC but didn't produce anything...I mean the meeting that happened but collusion isn't a crime...are we talking about that meeting???

Why is there always another explanation about this meeting when the previous explanation is proven to be untrue? And how many times will it take Trump being proven to lie before you accept that the man is a pathological liar?

I almost think its criminal that some conservative entrepreneur with the means and money hasn't created a real platform to rival facebook or twitter. Everyone is sick and tired of the censorship so there clearly is a market there. Someone just needs to do it.

We're all aware of the story about the newly uncovered Russian Facebook meddling in the 2018 elections to help Democrats. A couple of the memes turned over to Congress have been released...

2AHI7SUU5AI6RAML5G3TJDGYPU.jpg

ZTCSKNUU5AI6RAML5G3TJDGYPU.jpg

[laughing] And they all lost their shit after this tweet a couple of weeks ago...

Philly's "ALL BLACK AND HISPANIC POLICE FORCE"?

Tom Ferrick reported for Philly.com last month that the disparities grow even larger higher up the police command chain. Of the 74 captains in the department, 82 percent are white and 18 percent are black. There are no Latino or Asian captains in the Philadelphia Police Department.
Whites are over-represented in Philadelphia’s police force by 20.4 percentage points. The department is nine percentage points less black than the city as a whole, and five percentage points less Hispanic and less Asian than is the overall Philadelphia population.

Really? If someone will lie about something so easily researched then how can they be taken seriously?

Do you mean the meeting that didn't happen...I mean the meeting that happened but was to discuss adoptions...I mean the meeting that happened to discuss HRC but didn't produce anything...I mean the meeting that happened but collusion isn't a crime...are we talking about that meeting???

Why is there always another explanation about this meeting when the previous explanation is proven to be untrue? And how many times will it take Trump being proven to lie before you accept that the man is a pathological liar?

I can't imagine hanging on every single one of Trump's words like you lefties. Goodness.

Trump is full of shit 85% of the time he's talking. You should come to that realization as opposed to putting blind faith in everything he says. As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

Philly's "ALL BLACK AND HISPANIC POLICE FORCE"?

Tom Ferrick reported for Philly.com last month that the disparities grow even larger higher up the police command chain. Of the 74 captains in the department, 82 percent are white and 18 percent are black. There are no Latino or Asian captains in the Philadelphia Police Department.
Whites are over-represented in Philadelphia’s police force by 20.4 percentage points. The department is nine percentage points less black than the city as a whole, and five percentage points less Hispanic and less Asian than is the overall Philadelphia population.

Really? If someone will lie about something so easily researched then how can they be taken seriously?

You think maybe she was talking about the cops actually on the scene when she said "an all black and hispanic police force protecting us?"

Actually, no. You reading is probably much more reasonable. She was researched the demographics of the police department and wasn't just talking about the police currently protecting her.

She even put a damn period. You had to drop some punctuation and change things around simply to prove yourself a goddam idiot.

Do you mean the meeting that didn't happen

You made that up. No one denied the meeting ever happening. Not disclosing =/= denying it.

In what world does a campaign voluntarily disclose every single meeting they have? Answer: They don't.

Once the meeting was made public it was Don Jr. who voluntarily released the emails. He never denied it.

I mean the meeting that happened but was to discuss adoptions...

It only discussed adoptions. Hillary nor dirt was ever mentioned during the meeting. Did you even read what you quoted?

I mean the meeting that happened to discuss HRC but didn't produce anything

Again, Hillary was never discussed. You're making things up. Did you even read what you quoted?

Why is there always another explanation about this meeting when the previous explanation is proven to be untrue?

You continue to make things up. You have also fallen for the recycled outrage. Trump has said what he said yesterday from the very beginning since the meeting became public. The media freaked out back then just like they did yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT