POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[laughing] They can't force Trump to ignore the law and resume catch and release.

They also can't force Trump to break the law and detain children for longer than 20 days.

This probably wins in the 9th Circuit only to be overruled by SCOTUS. Although, in '15, it was the 9th Circuit that reaffirmed and upheld the '97 Flores settlement, so you never know.

Curt Schilling posted this video on his twitter account. Quite interesting. Do I believe all of it? No, but I do think the very rich and powerful have more influence than anyone can imagine.

Reactions: ymmot31
Even turning on lefty Brian Stelter for saying we are not close to Handsmaid Tales....glorious read.

"Please read what this person said. Don't actually check their sources or interrogate their assumptions. Just read it and wholeheartedly agree with them without thinking"

It's amazing how this is the new norm for the "intellectual" left. A damn mediocre fiction author is now the go-to geopolitical analyst in the game, huh? Can't wait to hear JK Rowling's opinion about education spending. She wrote a book about a school!!

I sat thru one episode of that crap (Handmaiden's Tale). I wish that show was half as interesting as real life.

Anyone that sees ANY resemblance to current events needs to have their head examined.

The most egregious error of the Handmaid's Tale is that it has no connection with reality. All good dystopian fiction has real motives, emotions, and actions, but set in a world foreign to our own. That's why it hits people. They see how real human things can lead to this unreal world presented in the work.

The Handmaid's Tale just throws every leftist fever dream about Christianity and men against the wall and the only people who think these are real human motives and emotions are the nutjobs who believe we already live in that world. The view of the Gilead leadership and cult is so utterly childish and banal that it ruins the whole story for me.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
China blinks first. Bloomberg is reporting that China's economy has taken a huge hit. Now Chinese officials are starting to come to the realization that they have more to lose than the US and that their economy can't handle a trade war like the US's can. Some are starting to get cold feet and question if they can survive a tit for tat.

China blinks first. Bloomberg is reporting that China's economy has taken a huge hit. Now Chinese officials are starting to come to the realization that they have more to lose than the US and that their economy can't handle a trade war like the US's can. Some are starting to get cold feet and question if they can survive a tit for tat.

Their central bank just moved to stimulate their economy to try to offset the hit from the tariffs. They are no doubt feeling the pressure. Meanwhile our economy is hitting on all cylinders.

What pisses me off is that Leftists continually push what they think, instead of what is reality. If the travel ban had singled out Muslims from the nations under the ban, it would've been illegal. However, as we all know, that isn't reality, N Korea and Venezuela are in it, and the act was passed by Congress at Obama's behest.

It's as if they live in a fantasy world, where reality is whatever they want it to be.

lk9H6Nh7XAlWSEAp0oMXUSGEwJBIZmQ5VgLRvuMPBSI.png

They did not respond to Trumps latest tariff hit on them.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT