POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How's it going, eh? I just got done playing 36 holes of golf. Shot a 57 and a 59...both course records. But not before I closed two million dollar deals before breakfast this morning...which was the finest back bacon and maple syrup this side of Ontario.

I have a little down time now before my meeting with the governor at 2:30 so I thought I would check in and see what you losers with no life are up to today.

Can't stay long though. I have a very busy afternoon. So what's the news of the day, eh?

This is why you should post on political board more.

Last edited:
Our public discourse tends to be dominated by the official statements of our authority figures and has a trickle down effect on the average citizen. When we have a president who tweets haphazardly on a range of topics that thoughtlessness is echoed by others.

Im not a fan on many of the things Trump tweets. But lets not act like its just him and its just people on the right in politics that do this. Pelosi calling the tax plan Armageddon, or anything from the long list of things Maxine Waters has said. Hell we just had the last week or so having Democrat politicians defending MS-13 gang members because Trump called them animals.

The reality is Trump announced he was running, the rest of the politicians and main stream media thought it was a joke and laughed at him. Trump not being someone to back down fired back. The media and politicians werent used to that so what did they do, they fired right back. And its been the same back and forth for the past 2.5-3 years now.

33982936_2119367161614521_5287189798908329984_n.jpg

For some reason this didn't get much play yesterday. From the Comey/McCabe possible prosecution story.

McCabe has insisted that Comey knew that he authorized the disclosures to the media. Comey has disputed that claim, and said he could potentially act as a witness against McCabe if the investigation results in criminal charges and a trial.

Everywhere I go I see signs that businesses are hiring. Anyone who says they cannot find a job are completely FOS and are just lazy entitled losers.

Agreed - if you are not working right now, it's simply because you don't want to. Wages are also up. At this rate, we may get to the $15 minimum through natural competition. We've already had to raise hourly wages from $12 to $13.50 in several markets just to get people in the door for interviews.

Everywhere I go I see signs that businesses are hiring. Anyone who says they cannot find a job are completely FOS and are just lazy entitled losers.
This is absolutely true here in NKy and Cincy.

Everywhere I drive I see signs "Now Hiring".

Dear Obama: you stupid POS. I thought you said jobs weren't coming back? GFY you big-eared POS.

Agreed - if you are not working right now, it's simply because you don't want to. Wages are also up. At this rate, we may get to the $15 minimum through natural competition. We've already had to raise hourly wages from $12 to $13.50 in several markets just to get people in the door for interviews.
I actively scout for "Help Wanted" signs here in the Austin area during my commute to-and-from work as well as on trips to various area stores. I either walk, bike or take public transportation.. Indeed.com's Job Spotter app pays me for identifying signs and the corresponding businesses. Takes all of 10 seconds to earn between 5 cents to $3. Nice little side hustle. Payment in Amazon gift cards.

To illustrate just how severe the labor shortage is in ATX, many Latino and Asian small businesses (primarily restaurants) seek help and post the vacancies in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese. Thank heavens for the Google Translate app on my phone. At any rate, such postings were unheard of last year, as mom-and-pop businesses rarely advertised. I'm also seeing more aggressive recruiting by restaurant chains.

Truly amazing.

By the way, while visiting Lexington last November, I checked in a few signs around there.

I actively scout for "Help Wanted" signs here in the Austin area during my commute to-and-from work as well as on trips to various area stores. I either walk, bike or take public transportation.. Indeed.com's Job Spotter app pays me for identifying signs and the corresponding businesses. Takes all of 10 seconds to earn between 5 cents to $3. Nice little side hustle. Payment in Amazon gift cards.

To illustrate just how severe the labor shortage is in ATX, many Latino and Asian small businesses (primarily restaurants) seek help and post the vacancies in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese. Thank heavens for the Google Translate app on my phone. At any rate, such postings were unheard of last year, as mom-and-pop businesses rarely advertised. I'm also seeing more aggressive recruiting by restaurant chains.

Truly amazing.

By the way, while visiting Lexington last November, I checked in a few signs around there.

How can I get in on this side hustle?

Also, next time you’re here hit me up and let’s get some beers.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
The labor market is so hot that we can barely hire people. I'll eat crow and say I was wrong about the job market - it's on fire and Trump's policies are the reason.

Serious question, are you at least a little embarrassed to have that little effeminate mangina pussy clown Trudeau as your Prime Minister? Do Canadians really take him seriously? I hope I never get lectured by a Canadian about how I should vote. I mean, good lord.

Keeps getting worse for Joy Reid. Not only did she endorse a plan 9 years ago to relocate Israeli Jews to Europe....she also called out Wolf Blitzer for being too nice on the Jews. For those that don’t know, both of Blitzer’s parents were survivors of Auschwitz.

Last edited:
It is really hard to listen to a liberal right now w/ a straight face. They have absolutely no platform to stand on....none. Occasionally, there are a few policies and/or issues that you listen to from the left, but not now.

Agree. That's why trump is such a threat to them. Before they had some reasonable social positions. But trump is on the same side of those.

They're left with nothing except faux racism and fake Russia hacking

Reactions: P19978
How can I get in on this side hustle?

Also, next time you’re here hit me up and let’s get some beers.
Google "Indeed.com Job Spotter app".

You'll find check-in of chain stores (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.) only pay around 5 cents each. Small business check-ins are worth much more, between 30 cents to $2.92. Usually you see around 75 cents per check-in for non-franchised businesses. Last year, I checked in a cafeteria on Broadway heading towards Transy and it was worth 83 cents. That UK fan apparel shop near Rupp on South Broadway checked-in for around 60 or 70 cents.

I may visit Lex July 3rd until morning of the 4th, so I'll let you know. Thanks!

Serious question, are you at least a little embarrassed to have that little effeminate mangina pussy clown Trudeau as your Prime Minister? Do Canadians really take him seriously? I hope I never get lectured by a Canadian about how I should vote. I mean, good lord.

Not really. He doesn't affect my life at all. I pay about as much attention to Canadian politics as a I do Nepalese politics.

Historical context is the difference. Black people being called apes has a long history of racist connotations. Exactly why it isn't racist for Bill Maher to call Trump an orangutan, or why it is racist to refer to black people as negroes even though it's the Spanish word for black.
I think your use of the term racist is flawed. It may insensitive, given the context of the use of the word negro, but it isn't racist. Racism is to discriminate or use derogatory terms against another race because of a belief that ones own race is superior to that race. There has to be intent behind a person's comments for it to be racist. Many comments may be insensitive to the historical plight of a given race, but it doesn't mean the person saying them is racist or believes that the person being talked about is inferior by virtue of being of a different race.

Not sure if any of you caught that Italy story I posted the other day about the liberals trying to hijack their democracy, but the people of Italy won and defeated the establishment. They folded and approved the governments that were voted for and swore in the PM/cabinet ministers.

The West is in the midst of a bloodless revolution. citizens are slowly taking their Govt's back.

It is a beautiful picture of Democracy in action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT