POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of Trump's great friends was from there. Michael Jackson.

Funny how people call fake news about Trump, but have no shit about the fake news about his good good friend Michael.

People have no clue. People who believe Michael Jackson abused kids are the same people who believe Donald Trump colluded with Russia. Same media, same agenda. Americans too stupid to know,

Reactions: JStaff2187
https://thinkprogress.org/giuliani-...c-e2d3cc2afe14/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Giuliani trying to walk back everything he said the last few days and just made himself look like an incoherent McCain. As a lawyer he should know to just shutup if he has no clue what is going on, everything he says can be used in court against Trump.
thinkprogess can EAD and anyone using them as a source of info/opinions undoubtedly is an obnoxious douche. Thanks though!

Before I became a regular poster here I use to stop by the political board a couple times a month but usually didn’t post...accidently hit on page one just now instead of current page. Took me a second to realize what I had done. I saw a few Jamo post on there, the guy with the Putin avatar...what happened to him? I remember every time I got on here years ago there were always bunch of jamo posts. I heard y’all mention he predicted Hillary would win or something?
Jamo pulled a fuzz and left rather than pay his bets from the election. I actually thought he was above that.

Sweet apostrophe in "college liberal arts professor's," bro.

Are you an advocate for home-schooling?

I have some extended family who home-school their kids and holy hell that is some crazy stuff. You're doing your kids a disservice if you don't let go of the rope and expose them to liberal math teachers like me.

Give me two weeks. I'll have them graphing linear equations in no time. Their fuel for excellence isn't proper teaching and a desire to learn...it's the pure hatred for Donald Trump that I instill in them. "That x-axis is actually Donald Trump. Any non-parallel line you draw will extend farther away from it. Be the line. BE THE LINE!!!!"

Are we 100% sure that Barack Obama was born in the USA?

#MAGA

***EDITED TO TYPE IT ONE MORE TIME FOR ALL YOU BUMS WHO HATE AMERICA***

#MAGA #MAGA #MAGA #MAGA

^^^ Edited to say that's actually four times. I love this damn country so much. No one's ever loved this damn country so much, in anyone's life or in anyone's memory.

Obama is a POS? Why do you continue to auppsup his failed shit?

Are you really this dumb.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Before I became a regular poster here I use to stop by the political board a couple times a month but usually didn’t post...accidently hit on page one just now instead of current page. Took me a second to realize what I had done. I saw a few Jamo post on there, the guy with the Putin avatar...what happened to him? I remember every time I got on here years ago there were always bunch of jamo posts. I heard y’all mention he predicted Hillary would win or something?
He was pretty much guaranteeing a Hillary win. I think he even made a bet with someone in this thread too.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
https://thinkprogress.org/giuliani-...c-e2d3cc2afe14/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Giuliani trying to walk back everything he said the last few days and just made himself look like an incoherent McCain. As a lawyer he should know to just shutup if he has no clue what is going on, everything he says can be used in court against Trump.

32074992_1752746898124896_3964498892904464384_n.jpg

Why All the Secrecy?

It’s time to level with the public about the basis for Mueller’s investigation.

‘How do you know Trump’s not a suspect?”

I’ve been hearing that question a lot these days. News reports indicate that Special Counsel Robert Mueller may try to coerce President Trump’s testimony by issuing a grand-jury subpoena if the president does not agree to a “voluntary” interview. That has sparked a public debate over the question of whether Mueller, an inferior executive officer, has such authority to strong-arm the chief executive — the official in whom the Constitution reposes all executive power, including the power that Mueller exercises only as long as the president permits it.

I don’t think he does.

Yes, all prosecutors want to maintain investigative secrecy. In the vast majority of cases, the enforcement of the law after a serious crime has been committed outweighs other concerns; secrecy enables prosecutors to investigate without smearing innocent people, so we respect the need for it. But secrecy is not an absolute requirement; it must give way when outweighed by other considerations.

Can anyone conceivably contend that a prosecutor’s desire to maintain secrecy until the prosecutor is good and ready to reveal details of his investigation is more important to our society than the damage caused by potentially unfounded suspicion that the president is a criminal?

It has become ludicrous. The question of whether a prosecutor should be permitted to interview a president hinges on whether the president is a suspect. There is no public evidence that President Trump is. This raises the patent objection that he should not be asked to be interviewed under those circumstances. What we hear in response is, “How do you know he’s not a suspect?” But the reason we don’t know — other than the lack of evidence after two years — is that Mueller won’t deign to tell us, and Rosenstein won’t deign to comply, publicly, with regulations that required him to outline the basis for a criminal investigation.

That is not acceptable. In every other independent-prosecutor investigation in modern history — Watergate, Iran-Contra, Whitewater/Lewinsky — the president and the public have known exactly what was alleged. The prosecutor was able to investigate with all the secrecy the law allows, but under circumstances in which we all understood what was being investigated and why the president was suspected of wrongdoing.

After two years, we are entitled to nothing less. The president should direct Rosenstein to outline, publicly and in detail, the good-faith basis for a criminal investigation arising out of Russia’s interference in the election — if there is one. If he can’t, Mueller’s criminal investigation should be terminated; if he can, Mueller should be compelled to explain (unless Rosenstein’s disclosure makes it clear) why he needs to interview President Trump in order to complete his work.

If Rosenstein and Mueller are reluctant to do that, it can only be because they’ve decided that not only their investigation but also their desire for secrecy take precedence over every other consideration, including the president’s capacity to govern domestically and conduct foreign policy in a dangerous world. But secrecy is not the nation’s top priority. It’s long past time to lay the cards on the table.

Remember those three companies and 13 Russian trolls that Mueller charged, never expecting them to ever step foot inside of an American courtroom? Well, one of the companies called his bluff, basically telling Mueller to put up or shut up.

Needless to say, it caught Mueller off guard, now he's scrambling and was forced to ask the judge to delay the hearing. The judge rejected his request, also basically telling him to put up or shut up.

Judge rejects Mueller's request for delay in Russian troll farm case

A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

In a brief order Saturday evening, U.S. District Court Judge Dabney Friedrich offered no explanation for her decision to deny a request prosecutors made Friday to put off the scheduled Wednesday arraignment for Concord Management and Consulting, one of the three firms charged in the case.

The 13 people charged in the high-profile indictment in February are considered unlikely to ever appear in a U.S. court. The three businesses accused of facilitating the alleged Russian troll farm operation — the Internet Research Agency, Concord Management, and Concord Catering — were also expected to simply ignore the American criminal proceedings.

Last month, however, a pair of Washington-area lawyers suddenly surfaced in the case, notifying the court that they represent Concord Management. POLITICO reported at the time that the move appeared to be a bid to force Mueller’s team to turn over relevant evidence to the Russian firm and perhaps even to bait prosecutors into an embarrassing dismissal in order to avoid disclosing sensitive information.

On Friday, Mueller’s prosecutors disclosed that Concord’s attorneys, Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly, had made a slew of discovery requests demanding nonpublic details about the case and the investigation. Prosecutors also asked a judge to postpone the formal arraignment of Concord Management set for next week.

The prosecution team sought the delay on the grounds that it’s unclear whether Concord Management formally accepted the court summons related to the case. Mueller’s prosecutors also revealed that they tried to deliver the summonses for Concord and IRA through the Russian government, without success.

In their request on Friday to put off the arraignment, prosecutors included the extensive demands for information that the lawyers for Concord Management have set forth since they stepped forward last month.

The Mueller team proposed that both sides file briefs in the coming weeks on the issues of whether Concord has been properly served.

In a blunt response Saturday morning, Concord’s attorneys accused Mueller's team of ignoring the court’s rules and suggesting a special procedure for the Russian firm without any supporting legal authority.

“Defendant voluntarily appeared through counsel as provided for in [federal rules], and further intends to enter a plea of not guilty. Defendant has not sought a limited appearance nor has it moved to quash the summons. As such, the briefing sought by the Special Counsel’s motion is pettifoggery,” Dubelier and Seikaly wrote.

The Concord lawyers said Mueller’s attorneys were seeking “to usurp the scheduling authority of the Court” by waiting until Friday afternoon to try to delay a proceeding scheduled for next Wednesday. Dubelier and Seikaly complained that the special counsel’s office has not replied at all to Concord’s discovery requests. The lawyers, who work for Pittsburgh-based law firm Reed Smith, also signaled Concord intends to assert its speedy trial rights, putting more pressure on the special counsel’s office to turn over records related to the case.

Judge Friedrich sided with Concord and said the arraignment will proceed as scheduled Wednesday afternoon.

[laughing]

(paraphrasing)

Roger Stone - There's zero evidence that a crime was committed.

CNN's Cuomo - 13 individuals have indeed been indicted for crimes.

Stone - Yes. 13 Russians troll farmers, none of which will ever be prosecuted. And among those 13 was a caterer, which means Mueller literally indicted a ham sandwich.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT