POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[laughing] Federal judge appoints an independent special master to go through seized material with Cohen's lawyers to determine what is privileged and what isn't.

Like I said last week, you could easily see this coming. The fact the judge went against decades of precedent of using the prosecution's taint team and even entertained the thought was a clear sign. Big win for Trump and Cohen.

And the special master isn't playing a limited role along side of the prosecution's taint team as originally implied. The special master is playing the only role. The prosecution's taint team has been put aside and the prosecution doesn't get access until the special master is done.

I want to know how "dragon energy" wasn't trending worldwide, across all social media platforms, yesterday? It's easily the new "tiger's blood", but much better.

I know I did my part. I trolled, shitposted and spammed that brilliance for two hours straight.

Bunch of bums. Ya'll need to step your game up. Shameful.

Oh come on. We all know that Twitter/Facebook will now be putting the brakes on Kanye since he's come out in favor of Trump. That guy will end up losing millions of followers and the stupid check mark because of this.

A judge ruled on Thursday that an independent official called a special master should be the first to examine documents seized by FBI agents from U.S. President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.

Cohen, Trump and the Trump Organization each said they could assemble an impressive array of legal firepower to get the job done quickly, as requested.

Cohen’s lawyers at McDermott Will & Emery LLP told Wood that the firm’s “well-equipped to conduct this review in an expeditious manner,” with a team of 27 attorneys and technology professionals who have handled large document reviews under tight deadlines. The firm has another eight lawyers in New York and Washington who can jump in, according to its letter.

“We can add as many other attorneys as needed,” Cohen’s lawyers Todd Harrison and Stephen Ryan told Wood in a letter.

Trump’s law firm, Spears & Imes LLP, promised that it would hire a “preeminent forensic e-discovery and legal technology solutions vendor.” If necessary, it would hire a second vendor that uses experienced contract attorneys.

The Trump Organization said it would use “a leading third-party e-discovery provider,” as well as five of its own lawyers and three from the firm of its outside attorney, Alan Futerfas.

"The letters I received from counsel for Mr Cohen and the interveners has convinced me that this process can go quickly with the special master," Wood said.

Reactions: DwayneMeighan
I’m still scratching my head about the “competition doesn’t drive down prices, only government can do that” post. Absolutely dumbfounded that a functioning adult can honestly believe that.

Are there any functioning adults that believe that?

DbqVbDIXkAAXX0E.jpg

NO HE KHAN'T
Sadiq Khan takes dig at Donald Trump – saying protesting Brits should exercise ‘free speech’ when he visits UK
The Mayor tweeted: "If he comes to London, President Trump will experience an open and diverse city that has always chosen unity over division and hope over fear.

"He will also no doubt see that Londoners hold their liberal values of freedom of speech very dear.***********

***********except, of course, if you happen to exercise your free expression and thought online and give a negative comment on Islam. Then you are fined or jailed under the UK's Orwellian hate speech laws. That is rich coming from a politician in a country where you can get a criminal conviction for telling a joke or teaching a dog tricks on twitter.

Trump finally got sick of watching Fox & Friends and instead called in and made a complete fool of himself. They actually cut him off and ended the call after he admitted he wanted to exert control over the DOJ to end the russia investigation.

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-di...ed-against-him-in-federal-court-428047f8bdb5/

LoL, as soon as Fox hung up on Trump the SDNY amended their case against Cohen using Trumps own words.

youre a god damn moron and maybe you should listen to actual goings ons instead of allowing a fricken article to speak for you.

they didnt cut him off.. he didnt sound like a moron.. they ended with thank yous... he didnt say he wants to control the DOJ.. in fact just the opposite.. he said he has vowed to stay out of the DOJ, but he may change his mind, who knows.

they then said theyve been attempting to get him to agree to be on the show for over a year. effing idiot you are

[laughing] Federal judge appoints an independent special master to go through seized material with Cohen's lawyers to determine what is privileged and what isn't.

Like I said last week, you could easily see this coming. The fact the judge went against decades of precedent of using the prosecution's taint team and even entertained the thought was a clear sign. Big win for Trump and Cohen.
It happened because the prosecutor submitted a letter to the Judge this morning recommending it. He believes the special master will get it done quickly and prevent Cohens legal team from trying to slow roll the case by claiming privilege on basically everything.

It happened because the prosecutor submitted a letter to the Judge this morning recommending it.

That's how you all are spinning this? He submitted the letter because he knew after the judge's ruling a couple weeks ago that it was inevitable. Just like I told you, after her ruling, that it was inevitable. Only a blind fool couldn't see it coming after she allowed Trump to intervene, delayed to consider a special master, going against decades of precedent.

He believes the special master will get it done quickly

Of course he does... now. Although, his argument a couple weeks ago was the exact opposite, and that a special master would drastically slow the process down. Odd how he suddenly changed his mind on the morning of the ruling. Simply put, he lost, had no choice and was saving face.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
prevent Cohens legal team from trying to slow roll the case by claiming privilege on basically everything.

And one you made this up. Either you or him. Because if he would have won and got his way, then his taint team would have been doing all the work. Cohen and his team wouldn't have been involved in the process to even have the ability to slow it down.

As it stands now, Cohen and his team are involved with the special master, so they actually have the ability to slow it down. So, basically, your excuse makes absolutely zero sense. The outcomes are literally the opposite.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Alright, so I've openly said on this site that I consider myself a sane democrat. @PhattyJ4UK has tried to tell me I'm actually not a democrat. Wildcat and ymmot have labeled me a radical leftist. @Mashburned thinks I am a bot. So someone tell me what I am based on the below.

• I'm pro choice but not pro late term abortions - first trimester is probably where I would limit it if I was making that call
  • I'm an atheist
  • I think there are 2 genders, period
  • I don't care what consenting adults do in the bedroom
  • I'm indifferent to guns. I don't own any but don't care how many any law abiding citizens want to own
  • I think our military should keep their noses out of places they don't belong
  • I think Islam is incompatible with western culture
  • I want to pay less taxes
  • I think healthcare should be affordable and accessible
  • As a legal immigrant that went through the process, I think anyone who wants to immigrate to the US should have to follow that process
  • I think @Willy4UK is a sexy bastard
You sound mostly Libertarian to me.

Okay I'm 13 minutes into this Fox and Friends interview and HOLY HELL....this dude is sounding manic. The interviewers are looking uncomfortable. Can't imagine how they'll look after another 10 minutes of this dumbass and his 4th grade vocabulary vomit.

Who's the blonde?

It happened because the prosecutor submitted a letter to the Judge this morning recommending it. He believes the special master will get it done quickly and prevent Cohens legal team from trying to slow roll the case by claiming privilege on basically everything.
Cohen could just tell them that all the information is him and Trump discussing their grandchildren. Prosecutor would be left defenseless at that point. Cohen would then have time to destroy any damning evidence and say he didn't intend to do anything wrong.

Lol, you prolly teach 4th grade

You know how I get down, brodie. I make kids vote Democrat by teaching them math and science. My current license is 4-8. I'd honestly like to teach HS at some point (day is over at 2:30), but I'm not trying to spend my spare time studying calculus again just to pass some test and get paid the same.

That would mean less time for partying, which is not ideal.

Wrapping up this Fox interview. Why does this dude sound so paranoid? Why is he yelling? Trump sounds like a damn snowflake.

You know how I get down, brodie. I make kids vote Democrat by teaching them math and science. My current license is 4-8. I'd honestly like to teach HS at some point (day is over at 2:30), but I'm not trying to spend my spare time studying calculus again just to pass some test and get paid the same.

That would mean less time for partying, which is not ideal.

Wrapping up this Fox interview. Why does this dude sound so paranoid? Why is he yelling? Trump sounds like a damn snowflake.

Trump was pissed because a good man, that served his nation honorably, had never had a blemish on his record got railroaded by the Democrats because they wanted a scalp.

They played politics with a good mans life, and it pissed the President off.

Trump was pissed because a good man, that served his nation honorably, had never had a blemish on his record got railroaded by the Democrats because they wanted a scalp.

They played politics with a good mans life, and it pissed the President off.

I agree that he sounds like a good dude.

However...

That was such a small fraction of whatever the hell I just watched. Trump sounds like he's in bad shape. Can't imagine what the "calm and calculated" White House looks like each day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT