How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1xfvh8.jpg

He is conservative where it counts most (at least for me). I hate his style and tweets but he has been effective.
  • Nominating Judges in the Scalia mold
  • Promotes a Strong Military
  • Pro-Business/Less Regulation
  • Lowered Taxes
  • Pro American Energy- oil, gas & coal (we have huge competitive advantage here; why throw it away for expensive "green" sources)
  • Wants to lower trade imbalances with China, NAFTA partners, etc.

[laughing] I just knew one of you would be here crowing about this and trying to twist it into an imaginary win. You might want to calm down just a little. This had to do with legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants.

Gorsuch made his opinion on the matter very clear. He firmly believes the law should be followed, and that legal immigrants who commit violent felonies should be deported immediately.

His vote wasn't in support of not deporting legal immigrants who commit violent felonies. His vote was against the actual wording of the law because he feels it's too vague and fails draw a line that clearly differentiates between non violent and violent felonies.

Words of advice. If you're trying to use Gorsuch's one vote in this criminal deportation case as an "ah ha" moment to crow about, then you are neither familiar with Gorsuch's record nor how this decision fits into his broader conservatism, so you should probably sit this one out.

Gorsuch did not join all of Kagan’s opinion, but he agreed with the outcome. “Vague laws invite arbitrary power,” Gorsuch wrote in concurring with the majority.

He mentioned that before the American Revolution, the crime of treason in English law gave authorities power to go after those whose opinions they disliked.

“Today’s vague laws may not be as invidious, but they can invite the exercise of arbitrary power all the same — by leaving the people in the dark about what the law demands and allowing prosecutors and courts to make it up,” he wrote.

For the conservative Gorsuch to align with the liberals might seem a surprise, but his vote was in keeping with questions he asked during oral argument in October. And he was in part following in the footsteps of the justice he replaced, the late Antonin Scalia.

Red states fought gay marriage to the bitter end and continue to do everything they can to make abortion as big a PITA as possible. The notion that nobody cares about issues that religious folk lose their shit over is inaccurate IMO.

Abortion wasnt part of your original post..

But yea, abortion is a big deal... most conservatives dont really care for babies being sliced and diced. Or vacuumed or anything similar.

I dont think that's a conservative issue...I think it's a sane decent person issue.

You should count your blessings that you have people here to tell you how to interpret reality. You are totally lost on your own and incapable of understanding even the simplest of concepts. Some of the other dims here, like fuzz and johnkba, are just misguided, but you are without a doubt a no holds barred industrial strength idiot.

But yea, abortion is a big deal... most conservatives dont really care for babies being sliced and diced. Or vacuumed or anything similar.

I dont think that's a conservative issue...I think it's a sane decent person issue.

I'm an Atheist. Kinda changed my views on abortion. Still pro-choice. But getting more towards outlawing it. Has nothing to do with jesus or god. Could give a shit about either of them

I'm an Atheist. Kinda changed my views on abortion. Still pro-choice. But getting more towards outlawing it. Has nothing to do with jesus or god. Could give a shit about either of them
I could have written that. Feel the same way. I'm still kinda ok with very early term but I'm against the late term abortions.

Reactions: moe_schmoe

I used to be really religious and vehemently pro life. I guess I was sane and decent then and now I’m insane and Indecent? Get off your pedestal guy.

I used to be really religious and vehemently pro life. I guess I was sane and decent then and now I’m insane and Indecent? Get off your pedestal guy.

You can’t seem to separate religion and being against abortion. Being religious or not has no bearing on whether a person thinks it f*cking insane for society to accept killing of a child in the womb.
The same people that would call the police if a parent spanks a kid willfully accepts the killing of them in the womb, it’s insanity.

You should count your blessings that you have people here to tell you how to interpret reality. You are totally lost on your own and incapable of understanding even the simplest of concepts. Some of the other dims here, like fuzz and johnkba, are just misguided, but you are without a doubt a no holds barred industrial strength idiot.

Fuzz is not just misguided....he’s a fricken idiot.

Reactions: ymmot31 and qwesley

Shewee... there’s the Canuck of days gone by

You seem to have major issues with the church and people who don’t agree with you. Do you need the doll to show us where the priest.....

As a non religious dude myself, I would say anyone that supports abortion past the first few weeks is indecent, that’s correct. And I’ll stay on that “pedestal, eh”

I’d also say the guy consistently getting testy about non church going folks not being as “douchy” as church goers and ranting about echo chambers when people disagreed with you today was actually the one on said pedestal.

Shouldn’t you be about 18 beers deep after 18 holes?

Holy hell and a tootsie roll

I’m not sure I’ve heard guided - blunt force trauma verbiage ...that was somehow...still restrained and gentlemanly...since ....

It’s like cyrano debergerac and bobby knight just blended souls for a second

Hey - no offense James Lee....I honestly don’t have any IDEA what you post or how you think...I’m not dog-pilling on YOU

Those were really well cadenced words man.....back to the Strat now!

Economy rolling...consumer confidence at record highs...jobless claims at record lows...black unemployment lowest in years...small business and manufacturing growth...tax cuts implemented...illegal immigration declining...ISIS being defeated...overall foreign policy excellent...and now a giant cherry on top w/ the NKorea news..............................and the idiots on the left file a lawsuit because they lost and Hillary is still crying over losing.

#MAGA

Can I ask a dumb question? Why are conservatives so overwhelmingly Trumpers? He’s left of center on his most conservative day.
The GOP let their base down, Hillary was not even a choice for us and Trump seems to really love this country. That and he gave conservatives hope that he would change the way business was conducted in Washington.

Reactions: ymmot31
The dude has never held a gun, can’t spell bible and is a spendaholic.

What else could a liberal want in a president?
Wrong about the spelling part....other than that, maybe. But, spendaholic politicians do not usually give you tax cuts, just saying.

Reactions: ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT