POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[laughing] I just knew one of you would be here crowing about this and trying to twist it into an imaginary win. You might want to calm down just a little. This had to do with legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants.

Gorsuch made his opinion on the matter very clear. He firmly believes the law should be followed, and that legal immigrants who commit violent felonies should be deported immediately.

His vote wasn't in support of not deporting legal immigrants who commit violent felonies. His vote was against the actual wording of the law because he feels it's too vague and fails draw a line that clearly differentiates between non violent and violent felonies.

Words of advice. If you're trying to use Gorsuch's one vote in this criminal deportation case as an "ah ha" moment to crow about, then you are neither familiar with Gorsuch's record nor how this decision fits into his broader conservatism, so you should probably sit this one out.

Gorsuch did not join all of Kagan’s opinion, but he agreed with the outcome. “Vague laws invite arbitrary power,” Gorsuch wrote in concurring with the majority.

He mentioned that before the American Revolution, the crime of treason in English law gave authorities power to go after those whose opinions they disliked.

“Today’s vague laws may not be as invidious, but they can invite the exercise of arbitrary power all the same — by leaving the people in the dark about what the law demands and allowing prosecutors and courts to make it up,” he wrote.

For the conservative Gorsuch to align with the liberals might seem a surprise, but his vote was in keeping with questions he asked during oral argument in October. And he was in part following in the footsteps of the justice he replaced, the late Antonin Scalia.

Legal immigrants are here at the pleasure of the United States of America. They can be deported for any reason we deem necessary. They are not citizens.

This is immigration law not criminal law. It is not a criminal punishment to deport someone back to the their own country.

This ruling is bad for America.

JohnKBA, you seem to cave in when conservative posters call you out on attacks on Trump, Christianity, or anything conservative. Then, in the next post, you do it again. Be who you are and own it. More respect is earned when you are not wishy washy.

One more thing, if you are not going to change your citizenship or get duel and vote, what do you care? We will do what is best for our country.

This is what’s so moronic when look at the Dems and Never Trumpers (same thing).

Trump created more money for himself in an actual job. Didn’t need politics at all. He had more money than political whores could dream of stealing from taxpayers during a lifetime in politics. He could’ve continued to live like a baller and not deal with the BS at his age.

Instead, for the first time in maybe forever, we got someone who wasn’t a slave to donors and special interest groups. He didn’t have to do whatever his donors made him. He took on issues that made people lose their shit. Actually put our own country’s interests over globalist BS.

Meanwhile, you have Hillary, a POS that they do support. This disgusting woman has a lifetime in politics and never accomplished anything more than corruption and stuffing her pockets despite decades in politics, using government favors for a private slush fund, a real hatred toward people, wanted to turn this country into the third world, did everything to silence women, let an ambassador and three other men die then lied about it.

So yeah, when you hate Trump and this is the one you support, you can GFY.

Wow, he cussed at America. .....

31120836_2095518123999425_8656050738734039040_n.jpg

Legal immigrants are here at the pleasure of the United States of America. They can be deported for any reason we deem necessary. They are not citizens.

This is immigration law not criminal law. It is not a criminal punishment to deport someone back to the their own country.

This ruling is bad for America.
This ruling is actually fairly innocuous. We're talking about legal immigrants who have been vetted and here because we've welcomed them here. No reason to deport them over some misdemeanor.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Shewee... there’s the Canuck of days gone by

You seem to have major issues with the church and people who don’t agree with you. Do you need the doll to show us where the priest.....

As a non religious dude myself, I would say anyone that supports abortion past the first few weeks is indecent, that’s correct. And I’ll stay on that “pedestal, eh”

I’d also say the guy consistently getting testy about non church going folks not being as “douchy” as church goers and ranting about echo chambers when people disagreed with you today was actually the one on said pedestal.

Shouldn’t you be about 18 beers deep after 18 holes?

I’ve actually posted on here before that although I’m pro choice, I think it should be limited to very early term. If a woman gets pregnant and doesn’t want a child, I see no reason that decision can’t be made very quickly. I am in full disagreement with anyone who lobbies for later term abortions. Limit it to 8-12 weeks IMO.

I don’t drink too much on the course - it tends to hurt my scores. A couple of beers a side generally.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK

Pakistani mystery man hahaha
Remember back in the gloomy days of America when a no name muslim community organizer from the corrupt colon of Chicago told us he would have the most "transparent" presidency of all time? I doubt that dumbass even knows what transparent means. Donald is showing him.

Remember back in the gloomy days of America when a no name muslim community organizer from the corrupt colon of Chicago told us he would have the most "transparent" presidency of all time? I doubt that dumbass even knows what transparent means. Donald is showing him.

We will probably never again have this kind of access to what a president is thinking on a day to day basis.

Although, if Trump wins a 2nd term (I think he will,) maybe he will be regarded as a trailblazer and future presidents will be more like him.

I don't like some of the things does, but folks that hate him no matter what are just ridiculous. He could bring true peace to the Middle East, end world hunger and have actual video proof that NK has been unarmed with nuclear weapons and they would still hate him.
They are unreasonable and hate filled that are detached from reality.

How about burglary? That's what this case was about.
This case is about setting boundaries. As it stands now the law is arbitrary and open to malicious abuse. Burglary may very well end up being a deportable offense. As it stands now, jaywalking is.

Reactions: JohnKBA
I don't like some of the things does, but folks that hate him no matter what are just ridiculous. He could bring true peace to the Middle East, end world hunger and have actual video proof that NK has been unarmed with nuclear weapons and they would still hate him.
They are unreasonable and hate filled that are detached from reality.

Wait! Are you defending Kim Jong Un here?

This case is about setting boundaries. As it stands now the law is arbitrary and open to malicious abuse. Burglary may very well end up being a deportable offense. As it stands now, jaywalking is.

Deporting someone is not 'malicious abuse'. We retain the right to deport someone for any reason we deem fit, they are our guests, not citizens.

It's a step toward a goal. You can bet your oppressed liberal ass there will be full and constant verification if the deal goes through. Then you can lobby to give the peace prize to KJU so he can join the club with your own dear leader.

Obama killed more people as a Nobel Prize winner than Hitler.

Wait... Hitler never received a Nobel Peace award.

I’m an oppressed liberal because I dare question the honesty of Kim Jong Un?
no obviously they are completely different kinds of people in NK. But in an ideal place we would want him to say this. Or would it be better that he come out and start with war rhetoric? We're dealing with nukes in the hands of crazy people ; we'll take any sort of crum of self compliance and ALWAYS hope for the best. baby steps.

Pissing on it right when he says it guarentees failure.

Deporting someone is not 'malicious abuse'. We retain the right to deport someone for any reason we deem fit, they are our guests, not citizens.

I’ve been here legally for over 20 years. If you’re saying that ICE should be able to show up at my door at any random time for no reason at all and ship me back to Canada, you’re an idiot.

Reactions: ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT