How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In case you missed this part.
Either we'll have to raise taxes, which won't happen, or it will be necessary to cut benefits across the board at some point down the line

This is the only solution which is why it never happens. For legislators choices are: Raise taxes = lose your job. Cut benefits = lose your job.
Somebody’s ox always has to get gored.
I saw that but assumed he opposed based on the other many parts. It is a faulty system, underfunded, and with myopic projections. My guess he wants to raise taxes. I would like to see the math on what increases it would take to make it healthy.

So you agree 80k is possible? Thanks...and my 80k teacher wasn't a DR.

"Some school systems are almost forced to keep teachers, rather than replace." So you would agree it isn't performance based considering they have to keep garbage teachers?

"Yeah, there are a few who do the minimum." So you agree - 9 months a year...and if/when they get a summer job working for the district they are paid out the ass...so don't give me that shit.

If your mom, wife, sister and daughter weren't getting the 2k bump - they were doing it wrong according to my many teacher friends in JCPS.

You realize that public school salarys are public record...makes it tough to bullshit about teacher pay. Here is the schedule for JCPS...I don't see many $2K bumps. For JCPS it requires a minimum of Rank 1 (you probably don't know what that means) to achieve $80K after 17 years of service. The linked salary schedule pretty well proves you're ignorant on this subject. From year 17 - 19 there is $0 bump... then year 20 - 24 again $0 bump.

I don't agree that it is 9 months a year. Teachers have required duties that reach beyond the regular school calendar.

School districts paying "out the ass" for summer work??? Again dude...better get some facts which are all public record to back up your claim.

I never called any teachers "garbage". But yes, some school systems are just about forced to keep teachers they would probably like to replace. It's hard to replace a teacher when you cannot get another candidate to take the job. My daughter's first job teaching she started the year with 32 students even though the state mandated maximum class size was 24. There were 5 open teaching positions in the school that they couldn't fill. She eventually left that school taking a $6K pay cut to go to another school district. That district is much pickier with the teachers it keeps because it can be.

Stopped listening when he equated broken home school shooters being due in part to the abortion industry.

What a doo doo head.

Lol. One of the best ideas yet.

If I remember correctly, some security people were saying we should start doing this after the San Bernardino attack. I think the wife had some social media posts that would have clearly flagged her as a security risk when she tried to enter the country.

So we got fuzzites teaching kids how to be a welching liberal douche who no one likes.

And platinum/dinosaur/bwls2 teaching them about president j Edgar Hoover and SCJ scalise.

And we wonder why they're shooting up schools and suicide rates have gone way up?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. judicial watch sued Allison Grimes. Seems they found some interesting things? Idk. I'm not a law dog, but this would explain why she's been so quite.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/jw-v-grimes-et-al-kentucky-complaint-00094/

Judicial Watch analyzed the data the 2017 EAC Report and compared the
most recent census data determine the registration rates United States counties.
Kentucky leads every other state the nation the number counties which
total registration greater than the voting-age population. Specifically, Kentucky counties
have more registered voters than voting-age residents.
Judicial Watch also compared voter registrations citizen voting-age population.
Citizen voting-age population excludes noncitizens, who are not lawfully entitled register
vote federal state elections, and more meaningful way assess jurisdiction
registration rate than voting-age population alone.
Kentucky leads every other state the nation the number counties which
total registration exceeds the citizen voting-age population. Specifically, the number voter
registrations exceeds the number age-eligible citizens Kentucky counties, 40% all
Kentucky counties.
This represents large increase what was already one the highest state totals counties with citizen-adjusted registration rates exceeding 100%. Prior release the 2017
EAC Report, the data showed that Kentucky counties had more registered voters than citizens
over the age 18.
The Commonwealth Kentucky whole has more statewide registrations than has resident citizens voting age. Kentucky one only three states the nation with
active, statewide registration rate exceeding 100%.
Case: 3:17-cv-00094-GFVT Doc Filed: 11/14/17 Page: Page ID#:
Kentucky high registration rates indicate that not conducting general
program that makes reasonable effort cancel the registrations ineligible registrants.
Kentucky Failure Report Inactive Registrations

So, Ky has more voters than citizens? How can that work? Hmmm
This partially explains KY's relatively low % voter turnouts. Need more bodies exhumed.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
FYI, with regards to Obamacare (ACA) there were...
14 bipartisan roundtables of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
13 bipartisan hearings of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
20 bipartisan walkthroughs of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee
53 meetings and negotiations of the Finance Committee
17 roundtables, summits of the Finance Committee
13 days of markups

all over 35 weeks, 169 hours... but keep believing
How many Pub votes did O-care passage get? I'm curious.

You notice how Republicans are all for the working man so long as it's not teachers, union workers, postal workers, any government employee, restaurant workers, and on and on it goes.

They applaud the corporate welfare and huge tax breaks they get that rob from those working people they deride for standing up for their rights. It's probably because the Repubs consist of the rich and the wannabe rich. They love carrying the water for the fat cats and doing their bidding. Hoping to get a morsel like the pennies they got from the latest tax cuts that will bankrupt the country like they have done to Kansas.

How many Pub votes did O-care passage get? I'm curious.
And that's Obama's fault? You mean the same Republicans who held up Obama judicial nominees for no reason? Refused to do their elected duty and vote on Obama's centrist Supreme Court nominee? Nope. Of course Trump is so stupid he thinks Obama didn't fill those judgeships on purpose. We have a literal retard sitting in the WH right now. Thinks he's in a sitcom or something.

And that's Obama's fault? You mean the same Republicans who held up Obama judicial nominees for no reason? Refused to do their elected duty and vote on Obama's centrist Supreme Court nominee? Nope. Of course Trump is so stupid he thinks Obama didn't fill those judgeships on purpose. We have a literal retard sitting in the WH right now. Thinks he's in a sitcom or something.
What's O's fault? O-care? Well yes it is.

You realize that public school salarys are public record...makes it tough to bullshit about teacher pay. Here is the schedule for JCPS...I don't see many $2K bumps. For JCPS it requires a minimum of Rank 1 (you probably don't know what that means) to achieve $80K after 17 years of service. The linked salary schedule pretty well proves you're ignorant on this subject. From year 17 - 19 there is $0 bump... then year 20 - 24 again $0 bump.

I don't agree that it is 9 months a year. Teachers have required duties that reach beyond the regular school calendar.

School districts paying "out the ass" for summer work??? Again dude...better get some facts which are all public record to back up your claim.

I never called any teachers "garbage". But yes, some school systems are just about forced to keep teachers they would probably like to replace. It's hard to replace a teacher when you cannot get another candidate to take the job. My daughter's first job teaching she started the year with 32 students even though the state mandated maximum class size was 24. There were 5 open teaching positions in the school that they couldn't fill. She eventually left that school taking a $6K pay cut to go to another school district. That district is much pickier with the teachers it keeps because it can be.
And I stand by summer office wages - straight from a teacher.

I'd like to hear the 12 month required duties.

Also, Rank 1 doesn't come with a PHD requirement like you previously stated mr. Facts.

So - my first post. HS teacher (non PHD) made 80k. Fact

Teacher friends started at 36-38K and got immediate 2k increases. Fact (now starting pay for rank 3 is $42,700! - could it be that they increased them bc their new pay schedule increased starters and had to get them caught up...possible Mr. Fuzz, doesn't make my statement fiction)

Teachers work 9 months - you agreed, some do.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Yes, the US is the only country in the world where less guns does not mean less gun violence. Everywhere else this is true.

Outlawing murder hasn't stopped murder so why have that law? This is the argument by conservatives when it comes to gun laws.

Can we cut some entitlement programs to get more money? Pay teachers more and let them handle their own retirement just like most other people.

That is what must happen across the board, but if/when this is tried you'll be labeled a racist, homophobic, anti-immigration, anti-poor, anti-kids, anti-old people at worst and "giving benefits to the top 1%" at best.

This country is doomed.

Obama got +300 judges including 2 to the Supreme Ct. That is a little more than Bush. Garland's confirmation would have pushed the court to the left since he was replacing Scalia. Garland was only a "centrist" in comparison to Obama's two far left nominees. McConnell didn't take the bait and the dems assumed Hillary would get to pick someone even further left. Then Trump happened.

https://ballotpedia.org/Federal_judicial_nominations_by_president

Last edited:
Also, maybe some teachers work until 6-7pm but I believe that to be the exception, not the rule. I have a ton of school teachers in my family and most are home by 4 pm and work sparingly in the evenings. Plus they have a planning period. And don't do anything in the summer other than 2-3 in-service days. I see teachers leaving the gym every day at 5:30 when most of us are just getting there.

teachers are great, necessary, saints, etc but spare me this underpaid, overworked, BS.

Can we cut some entitlement programs to get more money? Pay teachers more and let them handle their own retirement just like most other people.

Can easily cut the administrative bloat that is draining all the financial resources from actual teachers.

I have no idea how noone brought them up in the proposed solution

Reactions: Pelosigalore
You notice how Republicans are all for the working man so long as it's not teachers, union workers, postal workers, any government employee, restaurant workers, and on and on it goes.

JFC, I know this is too complicated for you but people tend to take interest in issues whose fixes being sold by Dems is higher taxes. Feel free to pay extra taxes, they allow that.

By the end of the day carkilla and/or fuzz will be claiming they actually got $2500 a year back from ACA.

Most teachers in the state are out of school next week for spring break. They could have waited 1 day and then gone to Frankfort for an entire 10 days to protest and raise all the hell they wanted. they instead chose to take a day off at the taxpayer's expense and threw parents and students under the bus to fend for themselves after most were in bed for the night and woke up scrambling to find childcare.

It will be telling to see how many teachers are in Frankfort next week during one of the many paid vacations they get thru the year. Put your time off where your mouth is. If all of them run off to Gatlinburg or PCB I will have zero sympathy when they're sitting in a classroom at 85.
Let teachers teach/work 12 months out of the year & retire when they're 65 like those of us in the private sector & see how they like it then... For the number of hours a teacher works in Kentucky. They make on average $47.00 an hour & get to retire when they are in their 40's. Is there any wonder why the pension fund is busted.

Reactions: santamaria78
lol talk about your all time backfires
Not really. Today is just a shot across the bow with only 20 districts closed in a wildcat maneuver.
If you don’t want to stay home with your snotty brats, better line up a sitter now for April 9th. Look for all 120 to be closed after everyone comes back from spring break.

Not really. Today is just a shot across the bow with only 20 districts closed in a wildcat maneuver.
If you don’t want to stay home with your snotty brats, better line up a sitter now for April 9th. Look for all 120 to be closed after everyone comes back from spring break.

I already have a facebook group going organizing substitute teachers.

I actually don't have facebook. Or children.

But I would contribute to a go fund me page for substitute teachers just because I'm sick of these whiny brat teachers acting like children.

Reactions: santamaria78
We have a literal retard sitting in the WH right now. Thinks he's in a sitcom or something.
29542411_1945697798807688_9048269721837629815_n.jpg

There it is - the mindset that teachers are doing everyone a favor.

Actually, teachers are doing a job. They get paid and everything.

Which is it going to be? They just keep your kids for you or they have a job and they took a day off without pay which they will have to make up?
I honestly have no idea what you are even talking about...?

I think you were the one who inferred that teachers just babysit everyone’s snotty nosed kids...maybe that’s an insecurity or something.

Can teachers be fired for saying they are sick when they are not? I can at my job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT