POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The left is already in civil war mode. These type of attacks have been ramping up on anyone one not running for the dems. Race, color, creed, gender (all 98 kinds of them) be damned. They want total control, problem is, they may eventually get it because, their people really don't know for the most part what they are pining for when out on the streets. Most who are interviewed could not explain with any intelligence what it was they were out there for except for the glaring headlines the left wing media falsely spews. It is incredible how ignorant they really are to real world situations.

Reactions: screwduke1
bwahaha, I was just waiting to see which rightie would beat their chest over a 42% approval rating, coming after a 'historic' tax cut goes into effect. It's also funny to see you quoting CNN which is supposedly fake news, unless it is something you agree with. [roll]:flush:
Wow, did you miss that one. The fact that it is CNN means you could probably add another 15 or 20 points to it for a real feel.

Reactions: JStaff2187
You are ridiculously stupid. What else can be said? "Shall not be infringed" couldn't be any more plain and simple. What YOU fail to realize is that the word "regulated" didn't mean bureaucratic regulation. Have you ever heard of a weapon called a Regulator? Have you heard of a group of people being referred to as "Regulators"? You are trying to apply your ill-conceived connotations to a word that had different meaning at the time the constitution was written. Words may have evolved over the years but the ideology behind the amendment has not. Each citizen of this country has the inalienable right to keep and bear arms.

BB guns are not arms. As long as someone has the ability to attack my home with an AR 15, then I have a right to defend my home with the same firepower. End of story.
Superior fire power as well. We should just actually invent the game seen in Robocop. Nuke'em, neighborhood nuclear superiority and really piss off the left.

29541614_1682469701820442_4461582543120359641_n.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...-dollar-face-historic-difficulties-1522063947

China now dropping the US dollar for oil procurement- also reading that Russia will do the same as they continue to cooperate more closely with China

I think that might actually be a much bigger deal than just about anything else in the news right now

This is how “big wars “ get started

(Messing around with the portfolios of The Uber Rich)

Collapse the petrodollar and get back to the gold standard? End the Fed? Global reset? Can't we dream?

H.R.5404 - To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold.
Sponsor: Rep. Mooney, Alexander X. [R-WV-2] (Introduced 03/22/2018)
Committees: House - Financial Services
Latest Action: House - 03/22/2018 Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. (All Actions)

Guns...

It's crystal clear what the amendment means, if you are confused by ideology then just look at what they had to say about it.

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Muslims...

It's my unpopular opinion ( unpopular because it agrees with neither the right nor the left's simple caricature of the problem, i.e. the real muslim is neither Jihadi John nor is he the pakistani kid in IT who grabs a beer with you after work) that the best course of action is to convert them. Convert them because there is enough there there, same Adam and Eve, same God (technically), same Satan, same Mary and Jesus so bring them to Jesus... saving that (im)possibility, strengthen the moderate voice within Islam to promote reformation.

So as not to sound like an apologist for them, ill close by stating something negative about islam... their prophet was ok with incest so arabs are the most incestuous population on the planet. Human inbreeding leads to irrational and violent behavior.

bwahaha, I was just waiting to see which rightie would beat their chest over a 42% approval rating, coming after a 'historic' tax cut goes into effect. It's also funny to see you quoting CNN which is supposedly fake news, unless it is something you agree with. [roll]:flush:

Ironically people cite that poll not for accuracy, but as evidence that his aporappr rating is higher.

If CNN says it's 42%, it's likely at least 25% higher than that

-did you just say that China was on the right? Any faint chance you had of anyone taking you seriously is dead...Jesus dude, read a book or something.
This isn't Maoist China anymore the world's changed. This is Xi Jinping's China. Stay abreast of current events before you criticize others.
-also, Russia is only slightly removed from its history of commie atrocity...surpassed only by...yep you guessed it, communist china.
See above comment about China and replace Xi Jinping with Vladimir Putin.

-nope. Both states hold complete control of their economies/means of production. Like it or not they are still controlled by the left. Simply adopting a bastard form of "capitalism"(controlled by the state) does not wash away their leftist stain.

-i know you want to ascribe all the bad stuff to the "right"...and it's all the rage to do so with your generation...but you can't pull that sort of thing with adults.

RE: Islamophobia.

-phobia by definition is irrational. Given the history of Islam...being concerned with its spread is completely rational.

Brilliant internet geniuses like dionysus: The 2nd Amendment is only about the government! That's what militia means, morons!

Also very brilliant internet geniuses like dionysus: The 2nd Amendment only covers weapons that were around at the time like muskets!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This isn't Maoist China anymore the world's changed. This is Xi Jinping's China. Stay abreast of current events before you criticize others.

I am going to bet that you have never been to China. I was there a few months back and witnessed a "protester" try to hand out pamphlets to tourists and other Chinese at Tiananmen Square. Within seconds, he was grabbed by undercover police who threw him in a van an proceeded to beat the crap out of him and drive him off to prison. China is still holding true to its communist principles of suppressing freedoms. I would love the snowflakes who are in love with Marxism to go live in a place like China or Russia as a commoner for a few months and let us know how they like it.

Absolutely on some things. PC culture being the most egregious to me. Jordan Peterson is totally a nice dude. I don't agree with him on everything of course, but calling him a nazi and trying to shut down his talks is ludicrous. Mostly he just preaches personal responsibility. Also there are lots of Islamic apologists on the left currently. Beheading people because you think an invisible man in the sky likes you better than them isn't good for any of us and we should be able to talk about those negatives without being labeled Islamophobic. It's an overreaction to the Christians on the right who really are Islamophobes and want all of them dead. Can't give someone a free pass though just because they're a minority, that's like the people saying only whites can be racist because they have the power. Anyone can be racist aka tribal. The right goes too far right on plenty of things too though, like denying climate change and bloated military spending to name a couple.
I am conservative and I think climate change is very real. For example, a ton of scientists are saying that we are entering into a cooling period. I’m not sure human activity is causing changes though. For the sake of argument, let’s say we are changing the global temperatures. What are we going to do about it? Completely stop the use of fossil fuels? I don’t think so, if we did, the poor would most surely die.

Aside from how sick it is that these people want to 1) have the murdering of babies promoted and 2) politicize literally every aspect of our lives, how TF do they think a movie where a Disney Princess is a union worker would work?

Coming this Christmas from Disney: Janet The Quality Control Line Inspector at UAW Local 472

People like this are not only trying to normalize such things as abortions and trans, but make them popular as well. No child not in 4th grade or up should have to learn about sex, pregnancy, abortions, etc. Let kids be kids. My daughter is 3. It enrages me to think of someone pumping a 3-4 year old with information about such issues.

I am conservative and I think climate change is very real. For example, a ton of scientists are saying that we are entering into a cooling period. I’m not sure human activity is causing changes though. For the sake of argument, let’s say we are changing the global temperatures. What are we going to do about it? Completely stop the use of fossil fuels? I don’t think so, if we did, the poor would most surely die.

Agreed. Just because you don’t believe in Al Gore’s global warming, doesn’t mean you deny any sort of climate change.

Absolutely on some things. PC culture being the most egregious to me. Jordan Peterson is totally a nice dude. I don't agree with him on everything of course, but calling him a nazi and trying to shut down his talks is ludicrous. Mostly he just preaches personal responsibility. Also there are lots of Islamic apologists on the left currently. Beheading people because you think an invisible man in the sky likes you better than them isn't good for any of us and we should be able to talk about those negatives without being labeled Islamophobic. It's an overreaction to the Christians on the right who really are Islamophobes and want all of them dead. Can't give someone a free pass though just because they're a minority, that's like the people saying only whites can be racist because they have the power. Anyone can be racist aka tribal. The right goes too far right on plenty of things too though, like denying climate change and bloated military spending to name a couple.

I agree with nearly all of this. I’m a Christian and don’t think anyone should be killed for their beliefs, unless you’re a known extremist... (exceptions and all) which also explains my stance on the death penalty, reserved only for 100% proven murders and child rapists. The problem with Islam (aside from their values being the opposite of ours in a lot of cases) is throughout history when they are in the minority they tend to not cause too much of an uproar, but once they become the majority they attack and overthrow.

I’m glad to see you have the common sense to know that anyone can be racist. I know in a few schools they’re teaching minorities can’t be racist because they are minorities.

I don’t think many people deny climate change as much they don’t believe in global warming. A lot of the issues are up for debate as scientist seem torn on them. I think a better focus at the moment and something that is 100% a problem is water pollution. Dumping waste in lakes and rivers has to be doing a number on the environment and the wildlife there... not to mention the people that go into those waters.

I think it’s important to have a strong military. While I can see why you’d think it’s bloated spending and respect your opinion on that, you have to keep in mind that Obama gutted the military. We were as weak as we’d been in decades. I look at the spending as getting our military back to where it was.

Dems are just gonna shoot themselves in the foot, no pun intended, drumming up all their 2nd amendment talk and how they want to amend/abolish. Record amount of people will come out to vote R because of it.
They can repeal it if they can but I will never turn in my guns! There will be a lot of people killed and others in jail.

DZS-NfEVwAAsvRL.jpg

"No one is trying to get rid of the second amendment."

How many times do we have to do this song and dance? The left tries to BS all of us and we know what they are and we call them out on it and they deny it and then continue to do it over and over again.

You are for gun control. You are for limiting speech. That's what the Dem Party has shown over and over again. What you're trying to do is find a way to worm into a position to destroy it, which is what they do in everything they touch.

The gay/transgender stuff is a perfect example of the left saying one thing and then the reality of what actually occurs. "We just want to be left alone to marry who we love" turns into mandatory gay curriculum, targeting and suing Christians/businesses, trying to ruin anyone who disagrees with them.

I dare someone to try and tell me that the gun stuff wasn't on the table with a liberal SCOTUS under Hillary.

Last edited:
People like this are not only trying to normalize such things as abortions and trans, but make them popular as well. No child not in 4th grade or up should have to learn about sex, pregnancy, abortions, etc. Let kids be kids. My daughter is 3. It enrages me to think of someone pumping a 3-4 year old with information about such issues.

This is why you don't send your kids to public school and let the left brainwash them.

My god ...a bunch of idiots can't even read

The amendment is saying 2 thingz..separated by a comma. It's saying the state needs a militia/army to protect the state... it's also saying the people have the right to protect themselves from said militia. Jesus touchin christ.. it's not that hard platinum and dinosaur and the rest

In other words the people to bear arms is the operative clause. The prefatory clause is the well regulated militia aka army being necessary to protect the country as a whole.

Typo fixed for dinosaur or platinum..forgot which one it was.. theyre both the same to me

Last edited:
Reactions: ymmot31

The amendment is saying 2 thingz..separated by a comma. It's saying the state needs a militia/army to protect the state... it's also saying the people have the right to protect themselves from said militia. Jesus touchin christ.. it's not that hard platinum and dinosaur and the rest

In other words the people to bear arms is the operative clause. The preferatory clause is the well regulated militia aka army being necessary to protect the country as a whole.

Little English and constitution lesson for all.
A PREFATORY clause is given to add additional information or clarification to an idea or issue. The prefatory clause specifically adds context to the operative clause. Your entire premise that they state two separate thoughts is an incorrect understanding of a prefatory clause. Also pretty funny that you misspelled the word you were trying to given an English lesson on.

Okay, next time one of you resident liberald say "it's proven science" I'm gonna laugh in your face.. even tho that's what I did before this news.

Scientists...have just NOW discovered the biggest organ in human bodies. JUST NOW ..after centuries of dissecting the human body...they've just noe discovered a new organ. And it just so happens to be the largest organ .. climate change my ass

https://www.today.com/health/scientists-discover-large-new-organ-interstitium-study-t125970

A PREFATORY clause is given to add additional information or clarification to an idea or issue. The prefatory clause specifically adds context to the operative clause. Your entire premise that they state two separate thoughts is an incorrect understanding of a prefatory clause. Also pretty funny that you misspelled the word you were trying to given an English lesson on.

Exactly.

It's giving more information . It's saying that the militia/army is necessary. The more information is that citizens have the ability to protect themselves from it. Pretty easy to understand.

I also misspelled "things". Shoot me...and get back to loading boxes on a truck. Thanks. Need my prime shipments.

Okay, next time one of you resident liberald say "it's proven science" I'm gonna laugh in your face.. even tho that's what I did before this news.

Scientists...have just NOW discovered the biggest organ in human bodies. JUST NOW ..after centuries of dissecting the human body...they've just noe discovered a new organ. And it just so happens to be the largest organ .. climate change my ass

https://www.today.com/health/scientists-discover-large-new-organ-interstitium-study-t125970

They just now convince Michelle Obama to take off her pants?

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK

In other words the people to bear arms is the operative clause. The preferatory clause is the well regulated militia aka army being necessary to protect the country as a whole.

Little English and constitution lesson for all.
Thats a pretty stupid interpretation considering the first 215 years of precedent set by the courts. And the fact that in the notes of the constitutional convention and the notes of the states ratifications and the notes from congress when they marked up the 2nd amendment there is not 1 single mention of guns being necessary for citizen defense. This new precedent of "the 2nd amendment guarantees guns for all to freely murder each other at all times" is only 10 years old thanks to the activist judge Scalia. It's also stupid because the militias are supposed to be the citizens defense from the army not your dumb interpretation of the citizens defending themselves from the militias.

US vs cruikshanks was basically the first supreme court case on the 2nd amendment in the 1800's and ruled against the citizens right to guns. "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The Second Amendment means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National Government." that precedent stood for 60 years. Then US vs Miller slightly changed the precedent but still argued in favor of the government be able to ban any weapon they wanted to. "In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense." This precedent stood for 70 years.

So you guys are trying to make an argument that goes against almost everything the oldest court decisions handed down. Only our recent gun nut culture has tried to change the accepted precedent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dionysus444
The amazing thing is that most serious Constitutional scholars (both progressive and conservative) agree that the 2nd Amendment means that citizens have a right to own guns, yet talking heads/newscasters/internet geniuses have this thing figured out.

Conservatives will never let a bunch of communist big government loving thugs disarm them. Never going to happen.

Also, looking to silence and assault conservatives at political rallies and speeches while also creating/defending Antifa is probably not the best strategy to get someone to give up the chance to defend themselves.

Reactions: IdaCat
If the 2nd Amendment only applies to militias as described by the Constitution, then let's look at what that entails, from the framers of the Constitution:

Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States."

George Mason: "to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them ... by totally disusing and neglecting the militia." ... "Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."

James Monroe listed the right to keep and bear arms as a "human right"

Do progressives really want to follow this line of reasoning? This means that now people can only possess military grade weaponry and train regularly. I mean, I'm all for it, but do dionysus and plantinumdung want the militia to exist as described in the Constitution, with the weaponry and competence assured to it?

they didn't "discover" new stuff. they have always known its existence. now they are just debating on whether the medical community should classify it as an organ.

If the 2nd Amendment only applies to militias as described by the Constitution, then let's look at what that entails, from the framers of the Constitution:

Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States."

George Mason: "to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them ... by totally disusing and neglecting the militia." ... "Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."

James Monroe listed the right to keep and bear arms as a "human right"

Do progressives really want to follow this line of reasoning? This means that now people can only possess military grade weaponry and train regularly. I mean, I'm all for it, but do dionysus and plantinumdung want the militia to exist as described in the Constitution, with the weaponry and competence assured to it?
well according to all the court rulings for the first 200 years you are mostly right. But US vs Miller also allowed the government to ban any weapon they deemed not needed for a militia and they got to decided what "was needed" But we also threw that all out the window when we federalized the state militias into the national guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT