POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you forget the well regulated part. so as long as the government allows you to have a BB gun your right to bear arms isn't infringed. not infringed doesn't mean as much as you want and anything you want. It just means you have to have access to at least some kind of "arms". The amendment should have been more specific on the militias and on how far they wanted "shall not be infringed" to go. did they want the populace to have cannons or just muskets? did they want the militias to be what has now turned into the national guard? that would give our current society a better framework to work with.

Damn. If only you were around to help those idiot founders. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on history and the issues.

You probably could have had them put in a specific clause about being scared of nuke bombs too.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Why would I say that to anyone? I'm not the goddam idiot that thinks Americans are going to go out buying nuclear bombs.

And yes, I'd say there's probably a 50/50 shot out on the street that if I asked someone if there were no laws preventing people from buying nuclear bombs, would they be afraid some ultra rich American would go out and spend a billion dollars or whatever the hell a nuclear bomb costs on a bomb to blow the planet up they would say yes. Because a lot of people are goddam idiots like you lunatics.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general population.

Damn. If only you were around to help those idiot founders. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on history and the issues.

You probably could have had them put in a specific clause about being scared of nuke bombs too.
You didn't even read the links in that post did you? You just immediately jumped to your keyboard to feverishly attack the source. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, refute the historical points made. Don't just spew insults.

I think it’s pretty dumb that the 2 items that we talk about the most - guns and abortion - happen to be the 2 that are the least likely to undergo any overhaul in the foreseeable future.

1) nobody is taking your guns
2) abortion will remain legal

Let’s spend our energy on talking about things that can actually affect our lives. In many ways, This is exactly what Trump is doing - focusing on things that most Americans can relate to - safety, lower taxes, jobs, etc.

Because if you work everyone into a frenzy, it maximizes donations if it's a problem noone can solve.

It's like medicine. They make way more money on the treatment than they would on a cure.

The 2nd Amendment is unambiguous in it’s wording, need, and intent on purpose. To think that highly intelligent students of history would be ignorant of future technological advances in firearms is beyond reason. The protector of liberty and safeguard against tyranny as a well regulated militia requires equitable arms.

You didn't even read the links in that post did you? You just immediately jumped to your keyboard to feverishly attack the source. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, refute the historical points made. Don't just spew insults.

I'm good. No worries at all about having my opinion taken seriously by a guy who legitimately thinks we need to worry about US billionaires going out and loading up on nuclear weapons.

You are worried about mass produced suitcase nukes being available for purchase one day. Lunacy, I tell you, unhinged lunacy.

The 2nd Amendment is unambiguous in it’s wording, need, and intent on purpose. To think that highly intelligent students of history would be ignorant of future technological advances in firearms is beyond reason. The protector of liberty and safeguard against tyranny as a well regulated militia requires equitable arms.

As a guy who is totally indifferent to guns and has spent less than 5 minutes studying and breaking down the 2A, what is actually meant by "well regulated?" Who is intended to be the regulator?

As a guy who is totally indifferent to guns and has spent less than 5 minutes studying and breaking down the 2A, what is actually meant by "well regulated?" Who is intended to be the regulator?

Well that's the $1000 question, but they certainly aren't talking about regulating the right to keep and bear arms like that unhinged lunatic tried to make you believe in his post.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I think we should have an amendment to regulate these left wing nut jobs on this website and the rest of this country. Absolute lunatics. But hey they did go to college, so they are smarter than everyone else.

Jesus, Bill C just destroyed that whole argument.

Why stop at nukes. Let's ban the 2ndA because somebody might buy a Death Star and start blowing up planets.

We the people are the militia just as we are intended to be its regulators. In order to be a well regulated militia it need to have equitable arms. Not much a bb gun can do vs a semi-automatic rifle. Going up against those odds is poorly regulated.

-------------------------------------------
"Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense and resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.

While both James Monroe and John Adams supported the Constitution being ratified, its most influential framer was James Madison. In Federalist No 46, Madison wrote how a federal army could be kept in check by state militias, "a standing army ... would be opposed [by] a militia." He argued that state militias "would be able to repel the danger" of a federal army, "It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops." He confidently contrasted the federal government of the United States to the European kingdoms, which he contemptuously described as "afraid to trust the people with arms." He assured his fellow citizens that they need never fear their government because "besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition".

In Caetano vs Massachusetts (2016), the Supreme Court reiterated its earlier rulings that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that its protection is not limited to "only those weapons useful in warfare".

We the people are the militia just as we are intended to be its regulators. In order to be a well regulated militia it need to have equitable arms. Not much a bb gun can do vs a semi-automatic rifle. Going up against those odds is poorly regulated.

-------------------------------------------
"Sir William Blackstone described this right as an auxiliary right, supporting the natural rights of self-defense and resistance to oppression, and the civic duty to act in concert in defense of the state.

While both James Monroe and John Adams supported the Constitution being ratified, its most influential framer was James Madison. In Federalist No 46, Madison wrote how a federal army could be kept in check by state militias, "a standing army ... would be opposed [by] a militia." He argued that state militias "would be able to repel the danger" of a federal army, "It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops." He confidently contrasted the federal government of the United States to the European kingdoms, which he contemptuously described as "afraid to trust the people with arms." He assured his fellow citizens that they need never fear their government because "besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition".

In Caetano vs Massachusetts (2016), the Supreme Court reiterated its earlier rulings that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that its protection is not limited to "only those weapons useful in warfare".

Good info Dwayne, thanks for posting this. It's always nice to see a level headed response on an emotional issue.

LOL I log on and see that this place has gone crazy over gun ownership again.

For the second time - can we all agree that these mass shootings are never going to end in our lifetime? We're too far gone. Reigning in the number of firearms owned by American civilians is a steep hill to climb.

We will all be SO dead by the time we "solve" this ludicrous gun problem in our country. The dark web exists and will continue to exist. Guns in America are going nowhere. Too many bums defending the archaic 2nd Amendment and too many kids thinking we can fix the problem immediately.

Anyway, I'm mad Trump hasn't been more active on Twitter lately. Dude used to be a well of unintentional comedy every morning. Live-Tweeting freaking Fox News as the President of the United States of America. Hahaha what a feeble-minded fool...a cable junkie still spouting off about TV ratings like it's 1991.

"Big Ratings Getter Sean Hannity"

LMAO

For the second time - can we all agree that these mass shootings are never going to end in our lifetime? We're too far gone. Reigning in the number of firearms owned by American civilians is a steep hill to climb.

We will all be SO dead by the time we "solve" this ludicrous gun problem in our country. The dark web exists and will continue to exist. Guns in America are going nowhere. Too many bums defending the archaic 2nd Amendment and too many kids thinking we can fix the problem immediately.

Anyway, I'm mad Trump hasn't been more active on Twitter lately. Dude used to be a well of unintentional comedy every morning. Live-Tweeting freaking Fox News as the President of the United States of America. Hahaha what a feeble-minded fool...a cable junkie still spouting off about TV ratings like it's 1991.

LMAO

we don't have a "gun problem". that's the entire point dipshit.

Reactions: Willy4UK
The militias were organized by individual states as an alternative to a federal standing army.

And those militias were made up of citizens. Seriously, it's literally the definition of militia.

Not to mention the staff at the Washington Post doesn't know the difference between a musket and a rifle so excuse me for ignoring anything they print regarding guns or the 2nd Amendment.

LMAO
29543179_1682466205154125_2116416799997272503_n.png

Reactions: JStaff2187
This is demonstrably false. The militias were organized by individual states as an alternative to a federal standing army.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...meant-to-the-founders/?utm_term=.e757360223a1
The right to bear arms was always tied to being part of a militia until District of Columbia v. Heller in 2008.
Btw out of curiosity I took a look and skimmed it over. As always the Washington Post delivered. How am I supposed to take that writer's opinion seriously when he or she can't even write about the 2nd Amendment without race baiting?

And those militias were made up of citizens.
So is a federal standing army. So is Starbucks. If you're part of a state run regulated militia, which is an alternative to a federal standing army, you have a right to guns. If you're not you don't. Simple as that.
How am I supposed to take that writer's opinion seriously when he or she can't even write about the 2nd Amendment without race baiting?
Just because someone mentions race doesn't change facts. The NRA itself supported barring open carry in 1967 because the Black Panthers started doing it. That's a fact.

Last edited:
If you're part of a state run regulated militia, you have a right to guns. If you're not you don't. Simple as that.

Odd because I have every right to guns (two safes full with cases of ammo. More than I'll ever need under normal circumstances) and I'm not part of a state run militia.

Although if the time ever comes myself and my guns would gladly volunteer to be a part of a militia against tyranny. That's the point. We the people are the militia. We'll answer the call again if necessary.

LMAO

CNN Poll: 42% approve of Trump, highest in 11 months.

.....Overall, 42% approve of the way Trump is handling the presidency, 54% disapprove. Approval is up 7 points overall since February, including 6-point increases among Republicans (from 80% to 86% now) and independents (from 35% to 41% now). Trump's approval rating remains below that of all of his modern-era predecessors at this stage in their first term after being elected, though Trump only trails Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama by a narrow 4 points at this point in their first terms. ....

Meanwhile, ......

Aside from how sick it is that these people want to 1) have the murdering of babies promoted and 2) politicize literally every aspect of our lives, how TF do they think a movie where a Disney Princess is a union worker would work?

Coming this Christmas from Disney: Janet The Quality Control Line Inspector at UAW Local 472

I agree with most of this post except for the implication that perpetual poverty has little to do with personal choices individuals make. Many people are born with the deck stacked against them. I was. Uneducated parents (maybe fifth grade). My dad was a coal miner who worked in many different non-unionized mines making enough to barely get by and often out of work. Mom of course stayed home and raised the kids. But Dad somehow had some personal pride and my mother was an incredible money manager (skinflint). There was no welfare to fall back on except the "commodities" available then and my dad was too proud to take even those.

I was the first in my family to complete high school. To do that was a personal choice. One other boy beside myself in my junior high class graduated high school. The other guys dropped out. Not only did I graduate but I actually studied and learned what I was taught - a personal choice. One has to do more than just show up and goof around.

So I graduated, found a good job, settled down and had a good life? Wrooong. Not only were there not any good jobs to be had but there were not even any bad jobs.

What to do? I faced a stacked deck. No job to be had and none foreseeable being brought in to the hills of Eastern Kentucky. Do I stay and remain with family and friends and live a life of poverty? Or do I leave all that behind, pack a suitcase and go someplace where I could possibly find a decent job?

A personal choice
had to be made. I packed a suitcase, stood by the highway with my thumb stuck out and made my way 400 miles "up North" where there were good jobs to be had. I was fortunate enough to have a relative there to move in with until I could find a job and get established. I did find that good job and escaped poverty. This led to the other members of my family getting out of the poverty pocket.

In the USA everybody has a chance. Some are born on third base, some on second and some on first. But everyone not physically or mentally impaired gets to stand at home plate with a bat in their hand and with the ball coming across the strike zone.

WORD!

So is a federal standing army. So is Starbucks. If you're part of a state run regulated militia, which is an alternative to a federal standing army, you have a right to guns. If you're not you don't. Simple as that.

Just because someone mentions race doesn't change facts. The NRA itself supported barring open carry in 1967 because the Black Panthers started doing it. That's a fact.
Couple things: I love ppl blaming the NRA for everything, as if its some faceless entity. The NRA, exists, and only exists because there are millions upon millions of gun enthusiasts and law abiding gun owners who pay a membership to it...NOT the other way around. Those members have families that want senseless shootings to stop too...but they want someone who can speak for them when govt refuses to blame itself, from actually studying real causes, or puts ppl who don't have a f'n clue what they're talking about like "fully semi auto" or "high speed magazine"

And I think you are confused about militia. Dems: kneel to protest police shooting ppl
Also dems: only police should have guns

Also- you ever heard of Waco? Where just like the police shootings the federal govt said "we didn't do anything wrong, nothing to see here, we wont do it again"

Also did you know during the great migration of African Americans from the south to the midwest, like Chicago, Democrats put in place ordinances in the city where African Americans couldn't really buy homes...they were just buying contacts meaning the had no equity, but paid monthly like renters, but were responsible for the property like owners...which caused them to churn over in properties with the govt getting a piece of it. Thought I would add that since we were to bring race in for no reason.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
I think we should have an amendment to regulate these left wing nut jobs on this website and the rest of this country. Absolute lunatics. But hey they did go to college, so they are smarter than everyone else.

Jesus, Bill C just destroyed that whole argument.

Why stop at nukes. Let's ban the 2ndA because somebody might buy a Death Star and start blowing up planets.

Or how about light sabers?

Could you imagine how the insane leftists would’ve been treated by society 100 years ago? Most would be tried for treason or put in some type of psych ward but now they’re given TV shows, blue checks on twitter and get to become activists.

Social media is a great window into how these people are batshit crazy but are oblivious to it.

it was pretty funny at work last night to hear from my super conservative buddies that "some liberal Obama Justice is now trying to pass an amendment to take away our guns". Then i had to inform them that Stevens is a retired justice that was a Navy WWII vet and then a conservative federal judge appointed by a Republican President, approved unanimously, and then a conservative Justice appointed by a Republican President, approved unanimously.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...igh-school-teacher-on-leave-after-questioning

California high school teacher on leave after questioning 'double standard' in walkouts

A high school teacher in California was placed on leave on Wednesday after she questioned what she said was a "double standard" in the nationwide school walkouts.

“We had a dialogue in class about it in Thursday and Friday. And today I received the call. So I am aghast,” Rocklin High School teacher Julianne Benzel told the CBS affiliate in Sacremento.

Benzel said she did not discourage students from taking part in the walkout.

“And so I just kind of used the example, which I know it’s really controversial, but I know it was the best example I thought of at the time — a group of students nationwide, or even locally, decided ‘I want to walk out of school for 17 minutes’ and go in the quad area and protest abortion, would that be allowed by our administration?" she told the television station.

“If you’re going to allow students to walk up and get out of class without penalty then you have to allow any group of students that wants to protest,” she said.

The teacher said she did not hear any backlash from students prior to being put on leave as they understood the larger point that a "double standard" was not acceptable.

A Rocklin School District spokesperson said Benzel was put on paid leave because of "several complaints from parents and students involving the teacher’s communications regarding today’s student-led civic engagement activities.”

Just because someone mentions race doesn't change facts.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with the "facts" but they still had to bring it up. They were race baiting to stoke emotion into the reader trying to create a victim and gain agreeability and sympathy for their opinion. The fact that you're trying to justify it and explain it away says a lot.

If a reporter can't write an article about the 2nd Amendment without having to resort to low brow tactics such as race baiting that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject then they clearly have an agenda and their opinion is null and void.

He or she even referred to them as "assault" rifles. They are severely ignorant about guns and the 2nd Amendment and anyone who gets their information about the subject from them is ignorant as well. That person lecturing on guns and trying to explain the 2nd Amendment is like Richard Simmons lecturing LeBron on basketball.

And I think you are confused about militia.
Maybe you are but I am not. Look up for yourself the founding fathers discussions about state militias as an ALTERNATIVE to a federal standing army that they were firmly against.

Also- you ever heard of Waco? Where just like the police shootings the federal govt said "we didn't do anything wrong, nothing to see here, we wont do it again"
Glad you brought up Waco. The Branch Davidians at Mt Carmel had LOTS of guns, and how did they fare against our tyrannical government? SPOILER ALERT: It didn't end well. The government had tanks.

Last edited:
it was pretty funny at work last night to hear from my super conservative buddies that "some liberal Obama Justice is now trying to pass an amendment to take away our guns". Then i had to inform them that Stevens is a retired justice that was a Navy WWII vet and then a conservative federal judge appointed by a Republican President, approved unanimously, and then a conservative Justice appointed by a Republican President, approved unanimously.

Cool. Did you also make sure to tell your buddies that only liberals actually agree with him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT