POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
88% of the nation’s leading criminologists do not believe the death penalty is an effective deterrent to crime. https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/files/DeterrenceStudy2009.pdf
Over two-thirds of police chiefs do not believe that the death penalty is one of their most important tools.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/front-line-law-enforcement-views-death-penalty#sxn2
Do you also support torturing American citizens because of the invaluable information it provides?

Your mind just jumps around and makes you nearly incoherent...

No where did I offer an opinion on whether the death penalty is a deterrent to crime. Nor did I advocate torture or even mention it or make any remark on its effectiveness. I simply remarked that during investigations the threat of the death penalty has been an effective tool in getting confessions and getting an offender to offer up accomplices.

The website you linked sounds like it has an agenda just by the name, normally I would give it a look if another poster linked it but because of how generally nuts everything you say is, I’m cautious to click any link you provide. Honestly, even if 2/3rds of police chiefs actually believed that...I’m more concerned with the detectives who face the murders and rapists in the interrogation room and their opinion not the chief who does the news conference.

Still waiting for your list of countries that allow abortions up to 28 weeks like the US...

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
This illustrates my point. Of the countries listed very few of you would want to live in any of them but the USA.

Completely agree on that case, he needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. But this case again illustrates my point about the government killing people. The case was royally screwed up. Many of them are, our justice system sucks. This time it's going to let him off far too lightly, but the reverse is also true. There have been 15 executions since 1981 of people who have had compelling evidence that they were innocent surface due to new technology and investigations.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executed-possibly-innocent
How many innocent deaths is an acceptable number to reap the disputable benefits mentioned by @WKBlu that every country on my previous list seems to do just fine without? I say zero.

No doubt it swings both ways. And I agree our justice system needs some kind of change.

When you have evidence that isn’t 100% the death penalty shouldn’t even be an option. But when you have irrefutable evidence that person X killed a person(s), I’m not opposed to the death penalty.

Also just because Europe and Canada do (or don’t) do something doesn’t mean we should (or shouldn’t).

Reactions: warrior-cat
Your mind just jumps around and makes you nearly incoherent...

No where did I offer an opinion on whether the death penalty is a deterrent to crime. Nor did I advocate torture or even mention it or make any remark on its effectiveness. I simply remarked that during investigations the threat of the death penalty has been an effective tool in getting confessions and getting an offender to offer up accomplices.

The website you linked sounds like it has an agenda just by the name, normally I would give it a look if another poster linked it but because of how generally nuts everything you say is, I’m cautious to click any link you provide. Honestly, even if 2/3rds of police chiefs actually believed that...I’m more concerned with the detectives who face the murders and rapists in the interrogation room and their opinion not the chief who does the news conference.

Still waiting for your list of countries that allow abortions up to 28 weeks like the US...
The torture reference was a simple analogy. You are willing to execute innocent people to gain the supposed interrogation benefits you mentioned. Both that point and the abortion one were addressed in my last post you must have missed.

Last edited:
No doubt it swings both ways. And I agree our justice system needs some kind of change.

When you have evidence that isn’t 100% the death penalty shouldn’t even be an option. But when you have irrefutable evidence that person X killed a person(s), I’m not opposed to the death penalty.

Also just because Europe and Canada do (or don’t) do something doesn’t mean we should (or shouldn’t).
Very rarely is evidence ever 100%. But if it were then I could see the moral appeal. In practice though it isn't only applied in 100% video evidence cases and often has a racial disparity in it's application just like other sentencing. And I agree that just because another country does something doesn't mean we should, but we have access to all sorts of information today that we didn't use to and should be taking advantage of that. The federal system was designed to make laboratories of democracy and we should be drawing on data from other democracies who have tried things we haven't and learned from them.

Reactions: JStaff2187
This illustrates my point. Of the countries listed very few of you would want to live in any of them but the USA.

Completely agree on that case, he needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. But this case again illustrates my point about the government killing people. The case was royally screwed up. Many of them are, our justice system sucks. This time it's going to let him off far too lightly, but the reverse is also true. There have been 15 executions since 1981 of people who have had compelling evidence that they were innocent surface due to new technology and investigations.
How many innocent deaths is an acceptable number to reap the disputable benefits mentioned by @WKBlu that every country on my previous list seems to do just fine without? I say zero.

15 people in nation of hundreds of millions over a 37 year old period?

Not sure the nation has an epidemic of falsely convicted people on death row. I am for the death penalty only when the evidence is irrefutable. Recently I saw someone exonerated who was on death row due to eye witness testimony decades ago...that was a problem years ago, the evidence should be iron clad now and juries now watching too much CSI expect it to be.

You say you answered my abortion question, I looked back and do not see where you addressed the United States and the company it keeps in how late we allow abortions compared to Europe which you so desperately love.

Let us play a terrible and tragic game of juxtaposition.

You say we have or may have executed 15 innocent people over the course of 37 years across the whole nation.

Let me tell you about ONE abortion clinic in Philadelphia. Kermit Gosnell for decades routinely aborted babies far beyond what the the state of Pennsylvania allowed. If a baby survived the abortion, he would stick scissors into the back of the live baby’s neck and cut the spinal cord. He laughed on many occasions in front of nurses about a baby he killed being big enough ‘to walk out of here’.

His office was first inspected in 1979, it was not inspected again until August of 1989. Although several violations were noted in ‘89, nothing was done. In 1993, investigators again became aware of severe violations, again nothing was done. Gosnell’s clinic, despite a history of violations, was not inspected again for 16 years. All this makes the old William F. Buckley quote ring true, “Liberals want everything well-regulated except the security of the unborn”

That 15 number that aggrieved you, seems quite small compared to the hundred times more live babies that were killed at his clinic as well as fetuses who could have survived outside the womb. And that is one clinic in one city. Liberals argue about how awful back alley abortions would be if abortion was made illegal...that argument would ring a lot more true if they didn’t fight so damn hard against regular and thorough inspections of clinics throughout the nation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...what-you-need-to-know/?utm_term=.69547110b926

And the idea you think a man who killed live babies for decades should be allowed to live out his days until a natural death takes him...makes you and your views unworthy of consideration. You can troll the others but I won’t respond to your staggering stupidity again.

Last edited:
And the idea you think a man who killed live babies for decades should be allowed to live out his days until a natural death takes him...makes you and your views unworthy of consideration. You can troll the others but I won’t respond to your staggering stupidity again.
You disagree with me so not only are my views are unworthy of consideration, but I am as an entire person. Now who's the snowflake? Maybe you should go join your people rioting at UC Berkeley.

I’m advocating for the government to not have the power to kill any of its citizens. Baby eater included yes.

Then your u may have some problems with that approach as well

If the government lacks the power to kill - do they also lack the ability to make war (even a defensive one) ?

If the government (which is supposed to be “us”.....but there IS no “us”...) CAN make war... do they also decide who and when they must fight?
If they CAN then there’s always the possibility that they name you as the threat right?

Unless you then want some type of checks/balances set for their decision making and/or scope of the intensity of their response

I believe the worst of the worst violent offenders and traitors to the constitutional Republic....are absolutely qualified for the death penalty

Also think that the states should generally decide themselves

Reactions: thabigbluenation
Then your u may have some problems with that approach as well

If the government lacks the power to kill - do they also lack the ability to make war (even a defensive one) ?

If the government (which is supposed to be “us”.....but there IS no “us”...) CAN make war... do they also decide who and when they must fight?
If they CAN then there’s always the possibility that they name you as the threat righ

Also think that the states should generally decide themselves

ANNNNND anyone who had ANYTHING to do with the decision to allow UNC to skate away from probation ...They just st GET the deff penalty....via drones and a plot of knives

The simple fact is that the Entire GODFORSAKEN university of North Carolina Tar Heels basketball program SHOULD BE EXECUTED MEDEVIALLY

Only racist bigots i see are liberals.
Only racist bigots i see are liberals.

american eugenics movements (featuring a little forced sterilization for black men) openly published letters and academic papers on the virtues of eliminating the poor, cadres of immigrants, and other “human weeds “....Margaret Sanger was a star for the movement of course

...Aldous Huxley in the U.K. came from a well known British intellectual pedigree with a famous biologist family member and a brother that established a branch of the United Nations (UNESCO)....he’s clearly on record preaching the necessity of practicing human husbandry or sceb justifying the culling Of the less valuable humans.

There is a strong and CLEAR tradition and record of theorizing about varying degrees of racial supremacy .... the nazis didn’t come up with racial purity on their own.....is and French academia/ progressives Helped inspire them To this mindset

Progressives then brought the world the first wide scale extermination camps and a system of brutal forced labor/slavery that leaves no room for an antagonist of the American confederacy .... to condone the forced starvations - cruel treatment and terrorizing of even those who were not in the camps....Stalin changed the system at one point to create state run youth internment camps for those as young as 10 or 12

So YES- Willy I think those intensely bigoted beliefs are still alive and well among many of the same institutions and quarters....

True racism
(believing you are superior to another person because of anthropological characteristics we call ......“race” )...shows up in all of us

If you haven’t lived overseas- you’re also missing out in some blatant and ugly facts about notions of real-live racial supremacy are ten-times more directed/hostile....

But actual wholesale, methodical application of resources towards systematic elimination of “useless eaters” (and political opposition)......largely rests with what would be considered “leftist ” identities

(and their increasingly aligned Islamic allies)

(I would clarify that extreme viewpoint ad largely “Marxist” though)

I’m pro the government not telling its citizens what they can and can’t do with their own bodies. That includes abortion, suicide, and substances.

Should the government - or a agent of the government - be allowed tell you what you “can and can’t do” with your Words?

Which area of human life/interaction poses significant - and measurable harm to others (even 3rd parties etc)?!

Doing ANYTHING you want with your body (and those who may want to do it with you) opens up the discussion of impacts from public health related consequences (check into the hepatitis outbreak in California and you will read about root causes in human beings doing whatever they want with their bodies ...a lot

it’s a passionate argument you have but on with apparent bias or intellectual cataracts

Those who transcend the circumstances of their birth are surely to be commended, but those who don’t shouldn’t be abandoned. Plenty of whites are born into difficult economic circumstances, should they be denied assistance and scholarships because they lack “hard work and determination”?
You missed an earlier point about cultural values placing an emphasis on education. Everyone in this country can get the basic education needed to get started if they apply themselves and in most cases it requires parents to ensure that they do. Discipline plays a large part in making this happen. Assistance should come to those who really work for it and not to those who just think they deserve what others have but, put forth no effort to try and get it.

How many innocent babies do you agree to killing every year? Flawed logic here.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Yeah, programmers use data from people who use their apps. Same as what the Obama campaign did. The data used by CA and Trump campaign was not from their apps but some other person who did not have permission to give that data to someone else. That's the BIG difference. It's one of those subtleties in fact that conservatives love to ignore when trying to make their points. They do this on the regular. It's a hallmark of Fox News as well.

If I give Words with Friends permission to use some of my FB data it is assumed that they can't then give my data to the Queer Republicans for Trump group.

Obama did not get illegally obtained data. CA and thus the Trump campaign did. That's the difference in a nutshell.

A week later and this post is even more wrong than when we earlier discussed it. New information came out that Facebook gave the data to the Obama campaign for free. That is not allowed according to FEC regulations and is in violation of the law.

29570889_201112843830040_3369623536025366230_n.jpg

You’re the one assuming that people who use government programs are “dependent” on the government and incapable. 30% of Medicaid and food stamps recipients are off the programs WITHIN A YEAR and a majority(56%) are off within 3. These programs exist to help people in adverse circumstances, not make them dependent on the government.

You did it again, and don’t realize it. You continue to prove my point.

I’m all for helping people in need, but we’re creating entire generations that think it’s perfectly normal to expect sustenance from the Govt, it isn’t.
By your numbers posted, 44% of people are on food stamps or Medicaid longer than 3 years!

Yeah, I'm not a conspiracy theorist so not going to entertain the idea of a fed reserve conspiracy.

Its no conspiracy theory, it’s right there in front of your face, and you don’t want to see it.
8 years at zero, longest period in history that they went without movement, immediately starts increasing after election.

How does wanting to ban a type of gun violate your 2nd amendment rights? 2nd amendment doesn't say anything about the right to have assault weapons with large magazines. By your logic, Americans should be able to buy bazookas, tanks, missiles, whatever is needed to protect themselves right? I mean why can't Americans have nuclear weapons? It is clearly within the 2nd amendment rights.

How does wanting to ban a type of gun violate your 2nd amendment rights? 2nd amendment doesn't say anything about the right to have assault weapons with large magazines. By your logic, Americans should be able to buy bazookas, tanks, missiles, whatever is needed to protect themselves right? I mean why can't Americans have nuclear weapons? It is clearly within the 2nd amendment rights.

The first amendment doesn't say anything specifically about your right to shitpost, but you'd probably be pretty upset if Drumpf took away your ability to do it.

I fully agree with you that an American should be able to buy whatever the hell they want. If you're so stupid you think an American is going to scrounge together tens of millions of dollars and go to their local WalMart to buy a nuclear bomb, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Cool. I want to see minorities do well in this country. I do not believe they are inferior in any way. It's frustrating though when my thoughts on how they can achieve success is shot down as being racists. Poor people have the same common denominator and it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with making good decisions and accepting personal responsibility. Some people are given better starts in life than others. Life isn't fair. But anyone can do pretty well for themselves if they graduate high school, get a job, and don't have kids outside of marriage.
So being poor is a personal choice by your logic. Those born into wealth are somehow harder working than their poor counterpart who was born into poverty?

I mean I know it's hard to believe, but there are actually poor people who work and work hard. They probably work harder than most rich people. If I have a million dollars I can invest that and become richer. Yet I didn't actually 'work hard' or have some inherent trait that automatically makes me a better person than a poor person who works hard every day but continues to be poor.

The first amendment doesn't say anything specifically about your right to shitpost, but you'd probably be pretty upset if Drumpf took away your ability to do it.

I fully agree with you that an American should be able to buy whatever the hell they want. If you're so goddam stupid you think an American is going to scrounge together tens of millions of dollars and go to their local WalMart to buy a nuclear bomb, I don't know what to tell you.
aww so it's the money. Well what if nuclear bombs came down in price and you could purchase one for a few thousand dollars. Should the 2nd amendment allow them to buy such weapons?

aww so it's the money. Well what if nuclear bombs came down in price and you could purchase one for a few thousand dollars. Should the 2nd amendment allow them to buy such weapons?

My goodness, do you ever take a step back and think about how stupid you sound?

Yes, if nuclear bombs are mass marketed for thousands of dollars, I think it will be as important as ever that Americans have access. Fortunately, I don't think Hilary has enough uranium to sell to any bomb manufacturers to bring the price down that much.

I'm more frustrated by the lack of quick due process than anything else. That Cruz kid admitted the murders, plus there is a wealth of evidence that shows he did it. Why in the hell has he not gone to trial yet? He should have been arrested, tried and hanged by the first day of Spring for Christ's sake.

You make it quick and you'll have your deterrent.

A week later and this post is even more wrong than when we earlier discussed it. New information came out that Facebook gave the data to the Obama campaign for free. That is not allowed according to FEC regulations and is in violation of the law.

The only reason there's any outrage, especially by Facebook, is because Trump got it too and innovated how it was used.

I guarantee they gave it to Hillary for free too. That's pretty clear in those leaked emails they were with her.

The real issue to me is trump had to obtain this same exact info through an intermediary because Facebook would not provide it otherwise

By your logic, Americans should be able to buy bazookas, tanks, missiles

http://bgr.com/2018/02/24/lawyer-wwii-tank-hoa-rules/amp/

Hero lawyer exploits HOA loophole and parks his WWII tank on the street

Tension between HOAs and people with exotic vehicle collections are nothing new, but one Texas lawyer took things to the extreme last year when he decided to park a WWII-era Sherman tank on the street outside his house for a month. The HOA was understandably angry, but as owner Tony Buzbee put pointed out, they can’t exactly tow it.

Buzbee, a Texas-area lawyer, bought the tank in France from a closing-down museum, and had it imported for a total cost of $600,000. His eventual objective was to take it to his ranch and use it to “drive over things,” but right after import, he decided to park it outside his house to show his neighbors who’s boss.

As you’d imagine, the HOA wasn’t enamoured with the plan, but there was nothing they could actually do. The vehicle was parked on a city street, and the local cops even helped him put it there. Security for the neighborhood, River Oaks, even helped cone it off. And, since there was no HOA rule specifically prohibiting military storage on the street outside a house, the HOA couldn’t actually do anything.

So being poor is a personal choice by your logic. Those born into wealth are somehow harder working than their poor counterpart who was born into poverty?

I mean I know it's hard to believe, but there are actually poor people who work and work hard. They probably work harder than most rich people. If I have a million dollars I can invest that and become richer. Yet I didn't actually 'work hard' or have some inherent trait that automatically makes me a better person than a poor person who works hard every day but continues to be poor.

But how can poor ever become not poor if relying on nothing but the government? Most of these programs penalize people heavily for trying to work and trying to better themselves. You go from full government assistance to them pulling all benefits as soon as you get a job in a lot of cases. Why do you think that is? Because they want you to have to depend on them. It’s impossible to go from living in free housing and food stamps to paying $400/month plus your cost of living.

If the programs would ween one off of assistance as they tried to get back on their feet, that would show they are trying to help you, help you.

I’m all for someone who is trying to help themselves getting assistance. But far too many times they stop trying and just accept it... and in some cases because they almost have to. I’ve been on food stamps and unemployment due to my place of employment shutting down. Couldn’t stand it. I found another job within 2 months. It wasn’t a glamorous job but it was a stop gap until I found a better job. Poor isn’t usually a choice. But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think there are people out there that turn down work simply because they enjoy being paid to do nothing.

An Assault weapon was not used in the Florida school shooting.

Reactions: santamaria78
http://bgr.com/2018/02/24/lawyer-wwii-tank-hoa-rules/amp/

Hero lawyer exploits HOA loophole and parks his WWII tank on the street

Tension between HOAs and people with exotic vehicle collections are nothing new, but one Texas lawyer took things to the extreme last year when he decided to park a WWII-era Sherman tank on the street outside his house for a month. The HOA was understandably angry, but as owner Tony Buzbee put pointed out, they can’t exactly tow it.

Buzbee, a Texas-area lawyer, bought the tank in France from a closing-down museum, and had it imported for a total cost of $600,000. His eventual objective was to take it to his ranch and use it to “drive over things,” but right after import, he decided to park it outside his house to show his neighbors who’s boss.

As you’d imagine, the HOA wasn’t enamoured with the plan, but there was nothing they could actually do. The vehicle was parked on a city street, and the local cops even helped him put it there. Security for the neighborhood, River Oaks, even helped cone it off. And, since there was no HOA rule specifically prohibiting military storage on the street outside a house, the HOA couldn’t actually do anything.

That's the dopest thing I've read this week.

Reactions: santamaria78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT