POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of intricacies on that point for people to disagree on. I tend to think the line is when the fetus can survive outside the womb on its own with no assistance of any kind, but there are many opinions.
So those on government assistance can be killed too? You are a monster.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Lots of intricacies on that point for people to disagree on. I tend to think the line is when the fetus can survive outside the womb on its own with no assistance of any kind, but there are many opinions.

so say when a human gets in some sort of accident and requires assistance to live and breathe and therefore cannot live without help, you all for throwing them out as well?

Babies can survive outside the womb on their own with no assistance of any kind? You have seen a baby right?

Reactions: thabigbluenation
Al Sharpton is your defense?

Obama was treated with kid gloves, the media didn’t dare question him because they had labeled all those that did racist. The media’s sole purpose is to keep the Govt in check, question and them accountable. They failed horribly.
The fed reserve didn’t raise the rate for 8 years, it stayed practically zero, yet the moment Trump was elected they decided to start raising it? They had never gone that long before. Why is that do you think?
Yeah, I'm not a conspiracy theorist so not going to entertain the idea of a fed reserve conspiracy.

You are a snowflake, be careful what you wish for, I would literally beat you to the punch and therefore to a pulp.
So in one breath you scream and cry about how the big mean old government is out to get us, then in the next advocate for policy to allow you to commit violence against people you don’t like. Sure are consistent...

So those on government assistance can be killed too? You are a monster.
When a fetus is still part of a woman’s body it’s exactly that, part of her body. You aren’t on here bitching about someone amputating their toe. It’s just another reason for you to be a whiny bitch.

So in one breathe you scream and cry about how the big mean old government is out to get us, then in the next advocate for policy to allow you to commit violence against people you don’t like. Sure are consistent...
"So it’s a good thing when the government murders people with due process, just not without. Can’t wait to make some new laws to make it legal to murder people in this thread."
123744 Dionysus444, 12 minutes ago"

Just making sure how your threat was received and how it would be dealt with. Perhaps you are too ignorant to understand your own postings. Warrior-cat 2 assorted assholes, nothing. This could get ugly quick. I will beat you here and in the street so, run away little boy.

If you’re concerned with governmental overreach and authoritarianism like you profess to be, why would you think it’s a good idea for the government to be able to legally kill its citizens?

In the case I mentioned, the killing of a 6 year old child by a grown man... I think there are exceptions. But if one thing constitutes the death penalty it’s murder. And not only does he avoid the death penalty, but a murder charge to boot.

Be careful, your post is dangerously close to coming off as defending a child murderer.

So does your wrist, put a stethoscope on it.
It is because I have a heart you moron and so does the fetus.
  • At 18 days [when the mother is only four days late for her first menstrual period], and by 21 days it is pumping, through a closed circulatory system, blood whose type is different from that of the mother. J.M. Tanner, G. R. Taylor, and the Editors of Time-Life Books, Growth, New York: Life Science Library,

Reactions: JStaff2187
  • At 18 days [when the mother is only four days late for her first menstrual period], and by 21 days it is pumping, through a closed circulatory system, blood whose type is different from that of the mother. J.M. Tanner, G. R. Taylor, and the Editors of Time-Life Books, Growth, New York: Life Science Library,

Now that doesn’t count. Only science that supports what he thinks counts. Don’t you know how this works?

Just because something has a heart doesn’t make it a person with legal rights. Cows and pigs have hearts and we eat them every day. Are you advocating for eating babies?

Just because something has a heart doesn’t make it a person with legal rights. Cows and pigs have hearts and we eat them every day. Are you advocating for eating babies?

No he isnt advocating that and your analogy is as absurd as that ridiculous wrist comment...but speaking of advocacy, you are an advocate for society not killing the man who does eat babies.

It doesn’t have anything to do with them being inferior. I can only speculate that you see it that way because you think they are. Minority groups need assistance because of the societal and economic disadvantages they’ve been placed in historically, not because they’re somehow less capable individuals.
What about those who are in minority groups that do really well for themselves? Are they just lucky? Does their hard work and dedication not mean anything? Plenty of minority people are able to succeed in spite of these so called societal and economic disadvantages. In fact, Asian people statistically do better than white people in this country. You know why that is? Because of their culture. Asian culture places very high value on education. If minorities want to succeed, it has to begin with a change in the culture of said minority group. They will never gain any type of long term success or independence if they depend on the government and are constantly lead to believe that they can't because of said disadvantages.

No he isnt advocating that and your analogy is as absurd as that ridiculous wrist comment...but speaking of advocacy, you are an advocate for society not killing the man who does eat babies.
I’m advocating for the government to not have the power to kill any of its citizens. Baby eater included yes.

So it’s a good thing when the government murders people with due process, just not without. Can’t wait to make some new laws to make it legal to murder people in this thread.
I don't know if it was murder or suicide but you're brain dead either way.

I do believe that’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone defend a child murderer like that. I thought there were some things everyone could agree on... like killing a child being a REALLY bad thing that deserves a REALLY harsh penalty.

What about those who are in minority groups that do really well for themselves? Are they just lucky? Does their hard work and dedication not mean anything? Plenty of minority people are able to succeed in spite of these so called societal and economic disadvantages. In fact, Asian people statistically do better than white people in this country. You know why that is? Because of their culture. Asian culture places very high value on education. If minorities want to succeed, it has to begin with a change in the culture of said minority group. They will never gain any type of long term success or independence if they depend on the government and are constantly lead to believe that they can't because of said disadvantages.
Those who transcend the circumstances of their birth are surely to be commended, but those who don’t shouldn’t be abandoned. Plenty of whites are born into difficult economic circumstances, should they be denied assistance and scholarships because they lack “hard work and determination”?

Those who transcend the circumstances of their birth are surely to be commended, but those who don’t shouldn’t be abandoned. Plenty of whites are born into difficult economic circumstances, should they be denied assistance and scholarships because they lack “hard work and determination”?
I don't have a problem with certain types of assistance. I'm all about helping people to get an education in some type of skill or trade that can help them make lots of money. That means an education or training for a well paying career that's in demand, not a 4 year degree in basket weaving from UNC. BUT. If we are going to give people financial assistance, we also need to be able to openly discuss changes that need to happen within cultures as well. And conservatives should be allowed to bring this up without being labeled racists or bigots.

So we can kill them up until they can live outside of the womb with no assistance of any kind? A 3 year old would starve to death without being fed by its parents. That's assistance. So by your logic, 3 years after the birth, a mother could decide she doesn't want to be a parent anymore and off her child.

I don't have a problem with certain types of assistance. I'm all about helping people to get an education in some type of skill or trade that can help them make lots of money. That means an education or training for a well paying career that's in demand, not a 4 year degree in basket weaving from UNC. BUT. If we are going to give people financial assistance, we also need to be able to openly discuss changes that need to happen within cultures as well. And conservatives should be allowed to bring this up without being labeled racists or bigots.

I have a stepson. His father had a decent job but decided he wanted to be lazy and mooch. A few weeks after voluntarily quitting his job he got on food stamps and income based housing. He paid $1 a month to live in a one bed room. His GF moved in and helps with what little they actually had to pay for.

Now why should someone who quit a full time job just because they wanted to be lazy be eligible for such benefits? I’m with you. There are cases that I’m 100% okay with helping people and my tax dollars going towards that. But there are other cases, like the one above, that need to be changed.

That's a good point. We're not all a homogeneous bloc and we should definitely be allowed to discuss the differences and possible paths. Too many on both sides want to shut down conversation. This country needs more substantive conversation, not less.

I have a stepson. His father had a decent job but decided he wanted to be lazy and mooch. A few weeks after voluntarily quitting his job he got on food stamps and income based housing. He paid $1 a month to live in a one bed room. His GF moved in and helps with what little they actually had to pay for.

Now why should someone who quit a full time job just because they wanted to be lazy be eligible for such benefits? I’m with you. There are cases that I’m 100% okay with helping people and my tax dollars going towards that. But there are other cases, like the one above, that need to be changed.
I like the idea of helping those who want to help themselves. In fact, I think it's a good investment for the government to assist people in achieving a needed skill. When citizens make money, they pay more taxes. The problem is, the government sucks at everything. Government assistance is so abused and misused, that people who actually need help aren't getting it, and people who are lazy get free everything. If you even try to eliminate some of the waste, liberals freak the hell out.

I do believe that’s the first time I’ve ever seen someone defend a child murderer like that. I thought there were some things everyone could agree on... like killing a child being a REALLY bad thing that deserves a REALLY harsh penalty.
I agree killing a child is a really bad thing and does deserve a really harsh penalty, life imprisonment. What we don't agree on is whether the fact that murderers exist should give a government the right to kill its citizens. These are the countries with the death penalty.
  1. Botswana
  2. Chad
  3. Comoros
  4. Democratic Republic of the Congo
  5. Egypt
  6. Equatorial Guinea
  7. Ethiopia
  8. Gambia
  9. Lesotho
  10. Libya
  11. Nigeria
  12. Somalia
  13. Somaliland
  14. South Sudan
  15. Sudan
  16. Uganda
  17. Zimbabwe
  18. Antigua and Barbuda
  19. Bahamas
  20. Barbados
  21. Belize
  22. Cuba
  23. Dominica
  24. Guatemala
  25. Guyana
  26. Jamaica
  27. Saint Kitts and Nevis
  28. Saint Lucia
  29. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  30. Trinidad and Tobago
  31. United States
  32. Afghanistan
  33. Bahrain
  34. Bangladesh
  35. China
  36. India
  37. Indonesia
  38. Iran
  39. Iraq
  40. Japan
  41. Jordan
  42. North Korea
  43. Kuwait
  44. Lebanon
  45. Malaysia
  46. Oman
  47. Pakistan
  48. Palestinian Territories
  49. Qatar
  50. Saudi Arabia
  51. Singapore
  52. Syria
  53. Taiwan
  54. Thailand
  55. UAE
  56. Vietnam
  57. Yemen
  58. Belarus

1. Australia
  2. Canada
  3. All of Europe
  4. The entire rest of the world. Look closely at those countries and tell me which list you would rather be on.

So lets say the FETUS (actually a baby since it is surviving outside the womb) is actually born and on day 1 of its life, I lay it down in my basement and go get on a 3 day bender. When they find that baby dead, do you think I will be charged with murder, manslaughter, or will I avoid jail time because the baby did not need assistance?

That's a good point. We're not all a homogeneous bloc and we should definitely be allowed to discuss the differences and possible paths. Too many on both sides want to shut down conversation. This country needs more substantive conversation, not less.
Cool. I want to see minorities do well in this country. I do not believe they are inferior in any way. It's frustrating though when my thoughts on how they can achieve success is shot down as being racists. Poor people have the same common denominator and it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with making good decisions and accepting personal responsibility. Some people are given better starts in life than others. Life isn't fair. But anyone can do pretty well for themselves if they graduate high school, get a job, and don't have kids outside of marriage.

I’m advocating for the government to not have the power to kill any of its citizens. Baby eater included yes.

Because liberals feel (except for babies) and don’t think...they never see the value in things or the unintended consequences of their emotional stances.

The threat of a death penalty is an incredibly valuable tool for law enforcement during an investigation. There are thousands upon thousands of the worst offenders who either confessed to their crimes or gave up accomplices if the authorities would wave the death penalty.

I agree killing a child is a really bad thing and does deserve a really harsh penalty, life imprisonment. What we don't agree on is whether the fact that murderers exist should give a government the right to kill its citizens. These are the countries with the death penalty.
  1. Botswana
  2. Chad
  3. Comoros
  5. Egypt
  6. Equatorial Guinea
  7. Ethiopia
  8. Gambia
  9. Lesotho
  10. Libya
  11. Nigeria
  12. Somalia
  13. Somaliland
  14. South Sudan
  15. Sudan
  16. Uganda
  17. Zimbabwe
  18. Antigua and Barbuda
  19. Bahamas
  20. Barbados
  21. Belize
  22. Cuba
  23. Dominica
  24. Guatemala
  25. Guyana
  26. Jamaica
  28. Saint Lucia
  30. Trinidad and Tobago
  31. United States
  32. Afghanistan
  33. Bahrain
  34. Bangladesh
  35. China
  36. India
  37. Indonesia
  38. Iran
  39. Iraq
  40. Japan
  41. Jordan
  42. North Korea
  43. Kuwait
  44. Lebanon
  45. Malaysia
  46. Oman
  47. Pakistan
  49. Qatar
  50. Saudi Arabia
  51. Singapore
  52. Syria
  53. Taiwan
  54. Thailand
  55. UAE
  56. Vietnam
  57. Yemen
  58. Belarus

1. Australia
  2. Canada
  3. All of Europe
  4. The entire rest of the world. Look closely at those countries and tell me which list you would rather be on.

Now do the list of countries that allow abortions up to 28 weeks...

So lets say the FETUS (actually a baby since it is surviving outside the womb) is actually born and on day 1 of its life, I lay it down in my basement and go get on a 3 day bender. When they find that baby dead, do you think I will be charged with murder, manslaughter, or will I avoid jail time because the baby did not need assistance?
I could have phrased it as "when it biologically can survive as it's own separate entity without medical treatment". The point being viability after separation from the woman. If you hand that day 1 baby you mentioned to another person they can raise it. Up until that point of viable separation it's literally a part of the woman's body.

Now do the list of countries that allow abortions up to 28 weeks...
Fetal viability really starts at about 23 weeks and has an over 90% success rate at about 26 weeks. So personally yes we might be better served cranking it back a few weeks, but I somehow doubt that's what you're advocating for. Unless you are and then we agree.

Last edited:
But anyone can do pretty well for themselves if they graduate high school, get a job, and don't have kids outside of marriage.
I agree with most of what you said, but have issues with the last sentence. It's much harder to "do pretty well" with just a high school diploma than it used to be. Many jobs in America today require a college degree just to get in the door, and wages have been stagnant for decades across the board. Obama/Trump's booming wall street economy is doing much better for those who already had than those who are looking to get.

I agree with most of what you said, but have issues with the last sentence. It's much harder to "do pretty well" with just a high school diploma than it used to be. Many jobs in America today require a college degree just to get in the door, and wages have been stagnant for decades across the board. Obama/Trump's booming wall street economy is doing much better for those who already had than those who are looking to get.
I don't know man. I only did those 3 things and I'm doing pretty well. And I was raised dirt poor by a single Mom. She wanted better for me though so she taught me to make good decisions. Im not rich by any means but any given weekend I could drive to Gatlinburg and have Papa John's pizza if I wanted. (Inside Paddock joke) So I'd say I'm living pretty good. :)

Because liberals feel (except for babies) and don’t think...they never see the value in things or the unintended consequences of their emotional stances.

The threat of a death penalty is an incredibly valuable tool for law enforcement during an investigation. There are thousands upon thousands of the worst offenders who either confessed to their crimes or gave up accomplices if the authorities would wave the death penalty.
88% of the nation’s leading criminologists do not believe the death penalty is an effective deterrent to crime. https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/files/DeterrenceStudy2009.pdf
Over two-thirds of police chiefs do not believe that the death penalty is one of their most important tools.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/front-line-law-enforcement-views-death-penalty#sxn2
Do you also support torturing American citizens because of the invaluable information it provides?

1. Botswana
  2. Chad
  3. Comoros
  5. Egypt
  6. Equatorial Guinea
  7. Ethiopia
  8. Gambia
  9. Lesotho
  10. Libya
  11. Nigeria
  12. Somalia
  13. Somaliland
  14. South Sudan
  15. Sudan
  16. Uganda
  17. Zimbabwe
  18. Antigua and Barbuda
  19. Bahamas
  20. Barbados
  21. Belize
  22. Cuba
  23. Dominica
  24. Guatemala
  25. Guyana
  26. Jamaica
  28. Saint Lucia
  30. Trinidad and Tobago
  31. United States
  32. Afghanistan
  33. Bahrain
  34. Bangladesh
  35. China
  36. India
  37. Indonesia
  38. Iran
  39. Iraq
  40. Japan
  41. Jordan
  42. North Korea
  43. Kuwait
  44. Lebanon
  45. Malaysia
  46. Oman
  47. Pakistan
  49. Qatar
  50. Saudi Arabia
  51. Singapore
  52. Syria
  53. Taiwan
  54. Thailand
  55. UAE
  56. Vietnam
  57. Yemen
  58. Belarus

1. Australia
  2. Canada
  3. All of Europe

I’m just glad to be living in number 31.

Part of the problem there is life imprisonment doesn’t always happen when murder is committed. In fact, drug abusers often serve more time than murderers which is absurd. Also with life imprisonment comes food to keep them alive. A lot of these prisoners get more nutritious meals than school children. And what about prisons being overpopulated?

As @WKBlu pointed out, the death penalty can be useful. And obviously it should be reserved for the worst of the worst to even have it on the table. That man got charged with assault. He killed a 6 year old. That is incredibly phucked up, death penalty or no.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
88% of the nation’s leading criminologists do not believe the death penalty is an effective deterrent to crime. https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/files/DeterrenceStudy2009.pdf
Over two-thirds of police chiefs do not believe that the death penalty is one of their most important tools.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/front-line-law-enforcement-views-death-penalty#sxn2
Do you also support torturing American citizens because of the invaluable information it provides?

Cruz sure wanted to avoid it after he took 17 lives. Said he’d plead guilty if he could avoid the death penalty. A guy that took 17 lives trying to avoid having his taken for a premeditated killing spree.

And to a person who commits a murder or murders, knowing they committed a felony that could be punishable by death... and does it anyway? I’m not sure I want to give that person a chance to escape prison. Speaking of murderers in prison, what if one just starts killing his cell mates? Solitary confinement? Or is that categorized as torture and unjust?

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’m just glad to be living in number 31.
This illustrates my point. Of the countries listed very few of you would want to live in any of them but the USA.

And obviously it should be reserved for the worst of the worst to even have it on the table. That man got charged with assault. He killed a 6 year old. That is incredibly phucked up, death penalty or no.
Completely agree on that case, he needs to be locked up and the key thrown away. But this case again illustrates my point about the government killing people. The case was royally screwed up. Many of them are, our justice system sucks. This time it's going to let him off far too lightly, but the reverse is also true. There have been 15 executions since 1981 of people who have had compelling evidence that they were innocent surface due to new technology and investigations.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executed-possibly-innocent
How many innocent deaths is an acceptable number to reap the disputable benefits mentioned by @WKBlu that every country on my previous list seems to do just fine without? I say zero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT