POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This may bare some resemblance to Mark Fuhrman and the OJ case.
Did Fuhrman plant evidence? Maybe.
Did OJ still kill Nicole? Probably.

They were selling 'fetal tissue' - does that sound better for you. Aren't you glad that your Mom didn't abort you. Otherwise, you wouldn't be spewing your contempt for the actions of people telling the truth about PP

Bearing false witness. Gonna burn in hell memaw... Shamey shamey.

In my view, PP should have been indicted to selling human organs. It was quite obvious if you saw the videos. Unfortunately, a lot of people did not want to face the truth about what PP is all about - they get their money from abortions and selling human organs. A lot of their money comes from us the taxpayers. There are many clinics, etc. that provide mammograms, birth control so their contention that they do a service for women is entirely bogus. Shut down the PP clinics and there will be plenty of places for women to get the services they need.

Yes, the people motivated enough to bring investigations and were motivated to get indictments and convictions "did not want to face the truth." I'm sure that when they convened the grand juries they did so very reluctantly, and really were hoping PP would get off in the end. Of course, it all makes sense.

I mean there were several attempts in the news last year to put a post 20 week ban in. And each time the WH and HRC said it showed the GOP as anti-woman. There is a reason we are only one of 7 countries that allow.

That allow elective elections after 20 weeks, yes. But only for certain states. Late term abortions (generally defined as 20 weeks, sometimes 22, sometimes 24, sometimes third trimester) are illegal in 43 states. So is the board consensus that 20 weeks is the cut off for late term abortions? I see 20, 24 and third trimester bandied about.

I am picturing memaw45 at her country church this Sunday asking for prayer for Willy from the Internets.....that he be rendered impotent,unable to practice his wicked acts, until he was ready to truly surrender.
[laughing]

For me, the bottom line is this. Taxpayer dollars should not go toward funding of abortions, and/or selling fetal body parts. Whatever is true or not true about this.

Beyond that, we already laws that say we can't kill people, especially our kids. I know it's a complicated issue, but having moral laws, especially about life, shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Reactions: WettCat
Yes, the people motivated enough to bring investigations and were motivated to get indictments and convictions "did not want to face the truth." I'm sure that when they convened the grand juries they did so very reluctantly, and really were hoping PP would get off in the end. Of course, it all makes sense.

That allow elective elections after 20 weeks, yes. But only for certain states. Late term abortions (generally defined as 20 weeks, sometimes 22, sometimes 24, sometimes third trimester) are illegal in 43 states. So is the board consensus that 20 weeks is the cut off for late term abortions? I see 20, 24 and third trimester bandied about.

The people that used these undercover videos to expose the truth were well within their legal rights - free speech. I assume that the grand jury did not bother to see the videos and took the advice of the prosecutors. I have been on grand juries and the police/prosecutors tell the grand jury what evidence they have and in our case, the grand jury approved of the indictments. When this goes to court, the videos will be entered as evidence, and I hope then - the truth about PP will be told.

So is the board consensus that 20 weeks is the cut off for late term abortions? I see 20, 24 and third trimester bandied about.

Any would be fine. Mainly though I just think this should be an issue the GOP pushes back and put liberals on defense. By the numbers, Dem leaders are deep in the fringe. The whole Rep party had to answer for that moron that ran for Senate in MO (blank on the name).

For me, the bottom line is this. Taxpayer dollars should not go toward funding of abortions, and/or selling fetal body parts. Whatever is true or not true about this.

Beyond that, we already laws that say we can't kill people, especially our kids. I know it's a complicated issue, but having moral laws, especially about life, shouldn't be so hard to understand.
What federal taxpayer dollars go towards abortions?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
For me, the bottom line is this. Taxpayer dollars should not go toward funding of abortions, and/or selling fetal body parts.

We all (here) agree, and that's why those laws are already on the books. Taxpayer dollars toward funding abortions (Hyde Amendment) and selling fetal body parts (42 U.S.C. 289). Investigations have not found a violation of selling fetal body parts (not sure if they looked into the Hyde Amendment stuff).

Any would be fine. Mainly though I just think this should be an issue the GOP pushes back and put liberals on defense. By the numbers, Dem leaders are deep in the fringe. The whole Rep party had to answer for that moron that ran for Senate in MO (blank on the name).

This could be a winning issue for Republicans, yes. Too many stepping in dog poop, though, like the senator you reference, Todd Akin. He was the legitimate rape cannot end in a pregnancy guy. Finding a cut off line for elective abortions should be an easy no brainer, but everyone's so dug in at this point that it's hard to get to the table even. The PP videos set back any chance of compromise for a long while.

It seemed to work for the Crusades... I'm sure you godbots are dying "convert" people, even if means life or death for the victim.
Willy, if I didn't know better, i'd think you were quoting Scripture. here's the original:

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.....

Question: is there any daylight between the terms "late term abortion" and "partial birth abortion"? Or are they the same thing in fact?.....

Willy, if I didn't know better, i'd think you were quoting Scripture. here's the original:

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.....

Question: is there any daylight between the terms "late term abortion" and "partial birth abortion"? Or are they the same thing in fact?.....

Exactly what I was looking for. My scripture is a little off.

And yes, there is some daylight in terms. Partial birth abortion, you vacuum up the arms and legs . Late term abortion you just suffocate it. As you can see, the partial birth abortion is more humane.

ugh, hey repubs, this is exactly what the dems want you arguing "religiously" about with a big election cycle coming up....abortion. not issues that should be a focal point in moving this country forward. and issues that you can win on. dems have guns, conservatives have abortion. neither is going to win. but it distracts from much more important big picture and global matters that should take center stage. do both issues warrant discussion, absolutely. are either perfect as they stand, no. should they be the focal point during a presidential election? no. wanna lose another national presidential election to HIlldog, then keep arguing over fetuses and smacking people with your bibles. the United State's role in the world, national security, isis, terrorism, the economy, jobs, unsustainable gov't spending, taxes on large corporations and small businesses alike along with over reach and regulations that are unhealthy for real growth, taking care of our veterans....nope. we wanna talk abortion. again.

Yes, they are completely different. One is about the when, the other is about the how. One can get a late term abortion that is not a partial-birth (or dilate and extract). Not sure if it's possible to get a partial-birth abortion that is not also late term.

I am pretty much clueless on everything.

I believe there are very few absolutes in life. There is pretty much an exception for every situation.

But to me using abortion as birth control is where I personally draw the line.

It is a right to choose. But make that choice before becoming pregnant. We know what causes it and it is generally preventable.

"Your" convenience does not trump a baby.

Man I thought people might have had a good conversation in here, nope! Just roe vs. Wade.......

Yay!!!!!

Who cares? I mean really, I'm conservative at my core but I don't give two shits about abortion, and honestly we probably should offer it to a lot more people. It has to be cheaper on insurance and a lot of the abortions creates less welfare too! Win/Win in my book.

Bevin's budget out. Looks like everyone is going to have live within their means. Every little thing got cut.

Well except the office of the governor. That got a good 30% budget increase.

How else we going to pay for private jets to fly out of Kentucky during our snowstorm?

Reactions: From-the-stands
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...an-happen-when-a-grand-jury-works-6786138.php

Hometown newspaper puts into perspective the events surrounding the turnabout in the PP investigation.

The accused is David Daleiden, an anti-abortion agitator who had been emailing PP in an effort to get the womens health organization to sell him "baby parts".

"Something in the emails gave folks at Planned Parenthood pause, and they hesitated in responding. Then in late June, Daleiden made a "last-ditch" attempt to entrap the organization, said Schaffer, who declined to release that email, citing a pending criminal case.

But Schaffer said Daleiden attached a contract to the message that offered to procure a liver and thymus of an aborted fetus for a startling sum, $1,600. The standard rate to reimburse for administrative costs associated with fetal tissue donation ranges from $25 to $50 per sample.

That email led Planned Parenthood's local research director to cut off all contact with Daleiden."

"Ever since Daleiden released his first misleading, heavily edited, undercover video, claiming it showed Planned Parenthood profiting off the sale of fetal tissue donation, anti-abortion rights Republicans have jumped at the chance to profit themselves, politically."

(R) "Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick loudly called on Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson to investigate. Anderson, herself a "pro-life" Republican who has been endorsed by the Texas Right to Life PAC, quickly obliged. But, she warned: "we must go where the evidence leads us."

And, she did."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...an-happen-when-a-grand-jury-works-6786138.php

Hometown newspaper puts into perspective the events surrounding the turnabout in the PP investigation.

The accused is David Daleiden, an anti-abortion agitator who had been emailing PP in an effort to get the womens health organization to sell him "baby parts".

"Something in the emails gave folks at Planned Parenthood pause, and they hesitated in responding. Then in late June, Daleiden made a "last-ditch" attempt to entrap the organization, said Schaffer, who declined to release that email, citing a pending criminal case.

But Schaffer said Daleiden attached a contract to the message that offered to procure a liver and thymus of an aborted fetus for a startling sum, $1,600. The standard rate to reimburse for administrative costs associated with fetal tissue donation ranges from $25 to $50 per sample.

That email led Planned Parenthood's local research director to cut off all contact with Daleiden."

"Ever since Daleiden released his first misleading, heavily edited, undercover video, claiming it showed Planned Parenthood profiting off the sale of fetal tissue donation, anti-abortion rights Republicans have jumped at the chance to profit themselves, politically."

(R) "Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick loudly called on Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson to investigate. Anderson, herself a "pro-life" Republican who has been endorsed by the Texas Right to Life PAC, quickly obliged. But, she warned: "we must go where the evidence leads us."

And, she did."

Looks interesting, but not signing up to read a Houston paper.

Reactions: GrandePdre
What federal taxpayer dollars go towards abortions?
supposed to be none. not sure that is the case now after Obamacare, lots of faith based institutions have gone to court because they think it does.

like late term abortions, having taxpayers pay for abortions is another think almost universally agreed on by the American people. and again Hillary is to the far Far FAR left of the country on the issue.

supposed to be none. not sure that is the case now after Obamacare

Depends on how you view the fungibility of money, in this case credits and subsidies used to purchase insurance. The law requires insurance providers to segregate money for elective abortions separately from federal subsidies, and a GAO report showed that 17 of the 18 plans it studied were not doing that. Those plans all had payment requirements (co-pays, deductions, etc...) for elective abortions, and several had restrictions on elective abortions. So the law is in place, but it's not being followed.

If you're part of a health insurance plan that offers elective abortions, is your money going towards funding abortions? I guess, the same way Memaw45's money is going to fund your dick pills. Of if Willy4UK gets a Pell Grant and uses it to buy clown hookers (think John Wayne Gacey in heels), does that mean your tax dollars were used to buy clown hookers?

Reactions: Willy4UK
If you're part of a health insurance plan that offers elective abortions, is your money going towards funding abortions? I guess, the same way Memaw45's money is going to fund your dick pills. Of if Willy4UK gets a Pell Grant and uses it to buy clown hookers (think John Wayne Gacey in heels), does that mean your tax dollars were used to buy clown hookers?

I sure hope so. Do you know how expensive clown hookers are?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT