POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, buddy. That'll shoot those ratings up...
He has the right to die on that hill.

As far as:
... try to forcefully parlay those unwanting and unsuspecting readers into a political constituency,...
you sure don't give BJW much credit. I believe my fellow Cats fans can make up their own minds on politics... much as you have.

Yup too much thinking for you to handle. No challenging discussion is worth your time. Echo chambers it is. Here ya go. Back to your programming

I'm sorry your life sucks so bad, man. I really am. But, I have better things to do than to be harassed by someone looking for my attention. I've asked you to stop, I've informed you that you're stalking me, I've conveyed that I'm not interested in the slightest thing you have to say to me, nor do I even care to acknowledge you in general. You are shit to me. Please, take a step back and look at the fool you've made of yourself here before continuing your bad, desperate behavior.

I'm sorry your life sucks so bad, man. I really am. But, I have better things to do than to be harassed by someone looking for my attention. I've asked you to stop, I've informed you that you're stalking me, I've conveyed that I'm not interested in the slightest thing you have to say to me, nor do I even care to acknowledge you in general. You are shit to me. Please, take a step back and look at the fool you've made of yourself here before continuing your bad, desperate behavior.

You cared enough about my thoughts on twitter to personally attack me but when asked to discuss it you name call and accuse me of stalking. You can't make this up. Get your last word in and report me to the mods. But take note. If you attack me personally again like you did don't come crying when I challenge your opinion.

I take it the video was too long and informative for your 140 characters of runny shit propaganda tweet you like so much and defend. Keep regurgitating the social engineering for division or do you have an actual comment on what Ron Paul said about the left/right?
I watched about the first 5 minutes or so and couldn't stand to watch him read to me any longer. It was not informative and in fact, he was just dead ass wrong about a few things. None of us need Ron Paul to explain ANYTHING to us. If he floats your boat, sail on.

I watched about the first 5 minutes or so and couldn't stand to watch him read to me any longer. It was not informative and in fact, he was just dead ass wrong about a few things. None of us need Ron Paul to explain ANYTHING to us. If he floats your boat, sail on.

Then why do we get caught in this choosing sides and division that the social engineers on twitter/etc. keep throwing down our throats? That's the reminder I was pointing to rather than the information.

KSR chose to go political.

I chose to stop listening or going to their website.

Simple solutions for simple problems.

This. It's not hard. I haven't listened for years.

If it bugs you, quit listening and hurt the ratings, which costs the station money in ad revenue. Enough do it, the station manager will listen, but he/she could care less if you're bitching on a message board as long as you're listening

Pretty easy

That 11 million illegals number is BS just like all of the left's stats like wage gap and 1 in 5 campus rape BS. It's based off of a survey.

Turns out illegals aren't super cooperative when it comes to filling out government surveys. Who could guess a criminal doesn't give honest answers?

Most actual estimates are 33 million and in all likeliness, it's more. But 11M sounds better to the masses instead of 33M. If they hear that number, they may wake up.

This. It's not hard. I haven't listened for years.

If it bugs you, quit listening and hurt the ratings, which costs the station money in ad revenue. Enough do it, the station manager will listen, but he/she could care less if you're bitching on a message board as long as you're listening

Pretty easy
I think some of us here don't have a real issue with it... just acknowledging that it happens and continues to happen even after his fans voice disapproval. That;s my only point here, anyway. I'm just watching the fire and commenting on the smoke.

BJW? I'm insinuating he's trying to build a following that he thinks will follow him blindly down any road he so chooses.. which is why I posted I think he'll fail miserably.
Billy Joe Wildcat

You made your thoughts known pretty well as opposed to insinuating them.

If that's his intention, I don't think people will fall in line unless they agree with his platform... they probably just enjoy the entertainment he provides and that's why they listen.

So I guess we agree that his listeners are savvy enough to make up their own minds when it comes to politics. And the marketplace will decide whether his show sticks around.

I know its CNN but this is pretty big news.

Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/18/...overnment-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html
[laughing] The Obama administration screwed Mueller. Evidently the wiretap lead to certain evidence about Manafort's shady business dealings and Mueller told him to expect to be indicted.

Here's the thing, though. The Obama administration used the debunked dossier to obtain the warrant for the wiretap. A decent defense lawyer could easily argue against it and any judge worth a damn should declare any and all evidence obtained through that wiretap inadmissible in court.

Reactions: screwduke1
Billy Joe Wildcat

You made your thoughts known pretty well as opposed to insinuating them.

If that's his intention, I don't think people will fall in line unless they agree with his platform... they probably just enjoy the entertainment he provides and that's why they listen.

So I guess we agree that his listeners are savvy enough to make up their own minds when it comes to politics. And the marketplace will decide whether his show sticks around.
We're saying the same thing. Yes, what he thinks and what will really happen is the sticking point here. I think he grossly misjudges his fan base as ride or die.
g
EDIT: BTW- I don't think the show will go away no matter his political behavior. I don't men to bring that into question at all. Like @UKWildcatT said, he's ina unique spot that has even the staunchest of detractors tuning in, regardless of topic. When I say I think he;ll crash and burn, I mean if he turns his back on his show/fans and expects them to follow him on a Senate run. Even in that scenario, I still think the show remains under a new form simply b/c it's his cash cow.

Last edited:
I think some of us here don't have a real issue with it... just acknowledging that it happens and continues to happen even after his fans voice disapproval. That;s my only point here, anyway. I'm just watching the fire and commenting on the smoke.

I agree with you. He's been granted an unique spot - as a voice for the Kentucky wildcats. I truly think there is a code that should go along with it - spewing your political aspirations (right or left) shouldn't be on there. Unfortunately, for the vast majority of the left, politics consume their life.

Reactions: FusterCluck
That 11 million illegals number is BS just like all of the left's stats like wage gap and 1 in 5 campus rape BS. It's based off of a survey.

Turns out illegals aren't super cooperative when it comes to filling out government surveys. Who could guess a criminal doesn't give honest answers?

Most actual estimates are 33 million and in all likeliness, it's more. But 11M sounds better to the masses instead of 33M. If they hear that number, they may wake up.
They've been using that 11 million number for 12-13 years. The real number is probably somewhere around 30-40 million. Maybe even higher than that.

Reactions: blubo
[laughing] The Obama administration screwed Mueller. Evidently the wiretap lead to certain evidence about Manafort's shady business dealings and Mueller told him to expect to be indicted.

Here's the thing, though. The Obama administration used the debunked dossier to obtain the warrant for the wiretap. A decent defense lawyer could easily argue against it and any judge worth a damn should declare any and all evidence obtained through that wiretap inadmissible in court.
Sessions needs to appoint a special prosecutor over this. This is banana republic type of shit.

You guys should take this argument to twitter.

One of my pet peeves is when non-believers talk down to Christians and essentially tell them they are not "good" Christians. You don't believe and practice yourself, yet you have the authority to tell me as a Christian what I should believe and how I should practice? No, no you don't. You don't hold yourself up personally to the standard to which Christians aspire, but because we aspire to a higher standard and fall short, you have some right to criticize? No, no you don't. In fact, that's the absolute height of hypocrisy. So the irony is that you are too big of a fool to recognize you are guilty of being the very thing you accuse Christians of being.
Agreed, he like others who do not believe really don't understand what is expected of Christians according to God. Jesus did not come here to change Gods laws, he came to clarify and fulfill the prophecy. He also preached peace but, allowed his prophets to arm themselves because he understood what evils are on the earth. Not to fight for him but, for the people and to defend themselves.

Typical. Give them an inch and they want a foot.
Too caught up in their TDS hysteria to realize that Pelosi is one of the only ones fighting for them. They've rather be deported than have D's work than Trump.

He was halfway joking. Said it when he was with Macron, saying he was going to copy him because when Trump visited France Macron had a big military parade.

Reactions: screwduke1
I'm loving the shit out of this Hillary tour. Just watching her show what a loser she is and keep talking about it has been incredible.

I liken it to a woman bragging about you being the best sex ever and like Kansas just harping on losing the 2012 national title. Pretty sweet getting someone else to help you re-live it.

This woman though has shown she's a psycho and was projecting when she said Trump didn't have the temperment for the job. Have you ever seen someone more entitled and emotionally unstable?

One more thing. Does anyone else think political book deals are money laundering schemes? Hillary, Obamas, Comey, etc...all massive deals that no way the publishers would return that as a profit.

Reactions: Mashburned
Then why do we get caught in this choosing sides and division that the social engineers on twitter/etc. keep throwing down our throats? That's the reminder I was pointing to rather than the information.
I chose my side long before there was twitter, long before the internet. I am a constitutional conservative and will gravitate toward the party that I feel most represents my views.

I don't tweet and the majority that I read are the ones that are posted here. I have Amy Mek on my favorites list but only check it every week or two. Is she a social engineer? Or is she just another person with an opinion on our society?

I heard a rumor Matt is a Pizzagate denier. I'm sorry, I can't support him if that's true. Makes me sick what the jewish media and the illuminati did to those kids. And Benghazi and whatnot. Emails.

Another professed 'true christian' who does nothing but bash people. You guys worship a different Jesus than the one in the New Testament. This is why people are leaving the Christian church in droves - it is full of hypocrites. The modern day Pharisees Jesus loathed.

Really?

Column: Christianity isn't dying
Ed StetzerPublished 5:30 p.m. ET Oct. 18, 2012 | Updated 6:34 p.m. ET Oct. 18, 2012
Those with only a loose religious affiliation are finally admitting they don't really have one at all.

You've heard it suggested that the United States is simply Europe on a 50-year delay. Most churches will be museums before your grandchildren reach adulthood.

Though new numbers from Pew Research released this month point to a decline in American Protestants, no serious scholar believes that Christianity in America is on a trajectory of extinction. And, as a researcher and practicing evangelical Christian, I say to those who've read recent reports and come to that conclusion, "Not so fast."

You see, many in the USA who identify as Christian do so only superficially. These "cultural Christians" use the term "Christian" but do not practice the faith.

Now it seems that many of them are even giving up the label, and those cultural Christians are becoming "nones" (people with no religious label).

Cultural Christians

In our research, we see three broad ways people identify as Christian.

"Cultural Christians" mark "Christian" on a survey rather than another world religion because they know they are not Hindu, Jewish, etc., or because their family always has. "Churchgoing Christians" identify as such because they occasionally attend worship services.

On the other hand, "conversion Christians" claim to have had a faith experience in which they were transformed, resulting in a deeply held belief.

The recent growth in "nones," I believe, comes primarily from cultural and churchgoing Christians shifting to the category no longer using a religious identification. This shift should cause us to consider three ramifications:

First, Christians continue to lose what some have called a home-field advantage. Christianity is no longer the first choice of many seeking spiritual meaning, and identifying as Christian is not necessary to be an accepted part of society.

Second, the squishy middle is collapsing. It makes less sense to be a cultural Christian today. Better to be spiritual than religious, unless your religion matters to you, as it does to devout Roman Catholics, Protestants and many others.

Vibrant believers

Third, Christianity is not collapsing, but it is being clarified.

If you cut through the recent hype, and look to studies such as the General Social Survey, you'll find that the United States is filled with vibrant believers.

The survey shows that the evangelical movement has remained generally steady from 1972 to 2010 (and, contrary to what you might have heard, the data include young adults), that church attendance has declined among mainline Protestants, and that the "nones" have increased.

But no collapse.

Other examples of resiliency abound.

Each year, Gallup asks Americans whether they consider themselves a born-again or evangelical Christian. Since 1992, the percentage has fluctuated from a low of 36% in 1992 to a high of 47% in 1998.

The 2011 yearly aggregate is 42%, very similar to the percentages over the past eight years.

Christianity has hardly been replaced by the "nones."

Spritual, not religious

So, if not extinction, what does the future look like? I don't think it looks like Europe, shaped by historic religious wars and legally mandated religion. Instead, if trends continue, I believe that the future will look more like the present-day Pacific Northwest. There, we find a majority of the population is spiritual but not religious, yet vibrant churches and devout Christians abound.

For example, in the Foursquare Church (a mid-size Pentecostal denomination), the Northwest District oversees 150 churches. Fifteen years ago, 66 of those churches did not exist. Those 66 churches alone report 40,000 new believers. Similar examples of such vibrant growth, there and elsewhere, demonstrate the point.

The future of Christianity in America is not extinction but clarification that a devout faith is what will last. Christianity in America isn't dying, cultural Christianity is.

Ed Stetzer is president of LifeWay Research.

In addition to its own editorials, USA TODAY publishes diverse opinions from outside writers, including our Board of Contributors.

Reactions: ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT