POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the "we can't renege on what we promised people" line when it comes to pensions and social security. Sorry dickbag, I wasn't of voting age when these decisions were made, so I didn't promise anybody squat.
Most pension systems are written with the transparency and ethics of the YUM/UL deal.

I love the "we can't renege on what we promised people" line when it comes to pensions and social security. Sorry dickbag, I wasn't of voting age when these decisions were made, so I didn't promise anybody squat.
So, if you donate to your 401k your whole life , then you get ready to use it and the young people at that time decide to take it. Youd be ok with that?

Reactions: blubo
So, if you donate to your 401k your whole life , then you get ready to use it and the young people at that time decide to take it. Youd be ok with that?
Are your tax dollars funding his 401k and guaranteeing it for life?

I don't advocate any existing retirees or those near to retirement be cut but there has to be changes to the terms and ages.

BTW, I took a huge loss in my 401k with a CEO that went to prison, should I have been bailed out and protected?

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Are your tax dollars funding his 401k and guaranteeing it for life?
Doesn't matter. The point is, you can't tell people that they have to do something to retire and then change it after thryve done their psrt. Its not their fault the people in charge of our government, screwed us all.

Doesn't matter. The point is, you can't tell people that they have to do something to retire and then change it after thryve done their psrt. Its not their fault the people in charge of our government, screwed us all.
Prob not but one of these (prob in IL) systems is going to go belly up and go to court eventually if not bailed by by the feds.

Key difference...

1. I alone contribute into my 401K; when that money is exhausted that's it
  2. There is no guaranteed revenue stream that continues until I die
That sad, I know I am taking the risk by investing that money rather than spending it now. The pension people don't want to take any risks.

I agree with you mostly. Strictly speaking, in theory, any consumption tax effects poor more than rich. Thats not really disputable.
By that standard, any tax other than income tax on people above a certain level is regressive. PP standard imo to call it that way & it's really not disputable that the poor don't have the coin to spend on sales tax items to any degree.

Fuel is not tax free, tax is already included. Depending on where you live, food, utilities and just about every thing else have taxes on it. Look at your cell phone bill, water bill, electric bill etc... they all have a tax added on to the bill. Most states have a sales tax on food and just about everything else. What are you talking about here, or what state?
I'm talking KY. Non-prepared food is sales tax-free in KY.

Never said all those items are tax-free, All those items' taxes are not sales taxes and are different rates. Net, raising the sales tax does not increase taxes on those items.

Good points. And I'm on the SS receiving end these days.

The day the federal government comes and confiscates the money I've saved privately throughout my life to fund their new and improved socialized retirement system where all retirement funds are controlled by the government will be the day I join the armed revolution.

They've already been doing that to us forever.

Reactions: Mashburned
I appreciate that.

I'm actually a practicing CPA with the vast majority of my time focused on mid market privately held business entities.

In scenarios with more than one shareholder or where you're looking to grow, I hate s corporations.

By that standard, any tax other than income tax on people above a certain level is regressive. PP standard imo to call it that way & it's really not disputable that the poor don't have the coin to spend on sales tax items to any degree.

I agreed with you. Not sure why you keep debating me.

SS is in much better shape the KY pension funds. Has enough to pay 75% of proscribed benefits indefinitely.

Because someone can pay 75% of their bills does not mean theyre solvent. Try paying 75% of your mortgage and see how that works.

The only hope is this uptick in workforce participation.

And that wont be effecting just a few million people like this pension issue.

The day the federal government comes and confiscates the money I've saved privately throughout my life to fund their new and improved socialized retirement system where all retirement funds are controlled by the government will be the day I join the armed revolution.

nothing wrong with that line in the sand

I'd only suggest that you keep an eye out for other infringements along the way though

this is coming unhinged

Reactions: warrior-cat
varying reports of shit going sideways in Syria and SOMEHOW our nation continues to "drift" towards conflict with Russia even with a significant change in CINC's

I swear on the name of all that's holy
....nevermind......

((I'm trying to be more concise))

McCain is now my senator since the move

IMO He's a traitor and a NWO whore

Exile his ISIS loving ass to Thule or something
F that asshat

^^^ not my usual political tone I know --- but I've had some impairment and a U K football game recently --- so you can't hold me 100% accountable for that which I say at the present moment

I feel like a crux between George Orwell and Boyd Crowder lately

McCain is now my senator since the move

IMO He's a traitor and a NWO whore

Exile his ISIS loving ass to Thule or something
F that asshat

^^^ not my usual political tone I know --- but I've had some impairment and a U K football game recently --- so you can't hold me 100% accountable for that which I say at the present moment

I feel like a crux between George Orwell and Boyd Crowder lately

Put his ass on the bus.
isis%20bus%202_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-02/stranded-isis-bus-convoy-no-one-knows-what-do
The Stranded ISIS Bus Convoy That No One Knows What To Do With
In a bizarre twist to an already unusual story, a convoy of 17 buses carrying Islamic State terrorists and their families has remained stranded since Thursday in the Syrian desert as the US, Russians, and Syrians discuss their fate: attack the convoy or allow it to pass?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT