POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tell the UN to look at Syria and get back to us or **** off.
No kidding. Have many nuclear threats and the war in Syria going on and they are worried about Obamacare being repealed?

Glad Trump is cutting some funds to them. When is the last time the UN did anything productive?

Reactions: Willy4UK
No kidding. Have many nuclear threats and the war in Syria going on and they are worried about Obamacare being repealed?

Glad Trump is cutting some funds to them. When is the last time the UN did anything productive?

How are they going to pay insurance for the mass immigration of refugees if we cut Obamacare? The UN is trying to protect their product.

Reactions: screwduke1
Education Back to the States:
Education Federalism Executive Order
This EO takes the next needed step toward identifying and eliminating D.C.-driven regulations that attempt to control what students are or aren’t taught. Over the next 300 days, this executive order directs Secretary DeVos to review and, if necessary, modify and repeal regulations and guidance issued by the Department of Education with a clear mandate to identify places where D.C. has overstepped its legal authority.

Trump to pull feds out of K-12 education
“For too long the government has imposed its will on state and local governments. The result has been education that spends more and achieves far, far, far less,” Mr. Trump said. “My administration has been working to reverse this federal power grab and give power back to families, cities [and] states — give power back to localities.”

He said that previous administrations had increasingly forced schools to comply with “whims and dictates” from Washington, but his administration would break the trend.

“We know local communities know it best and do it best,” said Mr. Trump, who was joined by several Republican governors for the signing. “The time has come to empower teachers and parents to make the decisions that help their students achieve success.”

The point is every organization has waste so to expect a standard that is impossible for ANY organization to meet is dishonest.
When/If you are ever an owner waste will continue to exist. 100% sure of it.
That is a moronic stance, you find a way to stop it instead of accepting it as "the way it is" Not saying it would be easy, just saying you can if you really wanted too.

Why would there be? I was addressing social security.
Are you ignorant or just plain stupid? That is also what I was talking about but, you went on some point about how you were talking business when you were talking about something completely different and i called you on it.

Fuzz is set to pass on Millions $$$ but couldn't pay a $1000 bet that would've ended up going to charity. :joy:
He has lied about most things on this site why would anyone believe he is not still living in his mother's basement. If he had that much money he would not be spouting the crap he does about taxes and inheritance should be limited. Freakin idiot. He owns a piss pot and that is about all.

Education Back to the States:
Education Federalism Executive Order
This EO takes the next needed step toward identifying and eliminating D.C.-driven regulations that attempt to control what students are or aren’t taught. Over the next 300 days, this executive order directs Secretary DeVos to review and, if necessary, modify and repeal regulations and guidance issued by the Department of Education with a clear mandate to identify places where D.C. has overstepped its legal authority.

Trump to pull feds out of K-12 education
“For too long the government has imposed its will on state and local governments. The result has been education that spends more and achieves far, far, far less,” Mr. Trump said. “My administration has been working to reverse this federal power grab and give power back to families, cities [and] states — give power back to localities.”

He said that previous administrations had increasingly forced schools to comply with “whims and dictates” from Washington, but his administration would break the trend.

“We know local communities know it best and do it best,” said Mr. Trump, who was joined by several Republican governors for the signing. “The time has come to empower teachers and parents to make the decisions that help their students achieve success.”

That's fn smart.

Can you imagine these elitist know-it-all Dems like Obama or Hillary admitting they don't know what is best for your child? Or dimwits like George bush for that matter. Any robot politician that thinks it's their job to pretend to know everything.

He has lied about most things on this site why would anyone believe he is not still living in his mother's basement. If he had that much money he would not be spouting the crap he does about taxes and inheritance should be limited. Freakin idiot. He owns a piss pot and that is about all.

I bet he runs two computers simultaneously with fuzz on one and rq on the other

Hasn't ever dollar been taxed at one point or another?
It's a circular argument you're trying to make. We generally tax when money changes hands. I earn income, it's taxed. I spend that income, it's taxed. The merchant that receives the money I am spending is taxed. I hope I am blessed enough to leave my children a large enough estate that it requires that they pay estate tax. They will be blessed to have received more than 99% of everyone else. If they must take a haircut off the top of the last $$$, I'd prefer they have to pay it than to pass that burden on to others who are less fortunate. After all, they did nothing to earn what they received just as I did nothing to earn what I received from my parents.

BTW, our POTUS has said on multiple occasions that the wealthy should pay more in taxes.

For the billionth time...all taxes are part of a system to raise $X amount of revenue. It's all part of the same pie. If they don't take it from the top 0.2% of estates (the only ones that pay estate taxes) then that means that they must take more somewhere else. If they don't take it today but spend it, then they just taxed the future.
I fully understand the concept of tax revenue and spending.
Why take it from the top .2% when you don't take it from the other 99.8%. My bottom line is this. The wealthy should not have a disproportionate tax burden. For me, a person that is firmly in the middle class, it's a matter of fairness, of principle, or right. As for those receiving an inheritance "not earning it", that's a moot point. It's a gift. If I have and choose to give my already taxed $50 M to my children, that's my call. The government has absolutely zero right being involved in that decision.
IMO, every person should pay the same percentage of gross income in taxes which means they would pay more. No deductions, though I would be able to bend on the deduction for children and buying a home. I'd even be willing to say there is no tax on the first $15K of income as I can already hear the whining about flat taxes being unfair to the poor.

You did say in a previous post one thing I agree with fully. Something to the effect, "Don't raise taxes until spending is cut". I'm for it. In fact, I'd be for cutting all government spending at the Fy16 gross tax receipts level. Obviously that means cutting programs. Personally that should not include cutting defense or necessary expenditures in support of our allies. Other things could be cut. I could then support a tax increase IF the money was dedicated to supporting SS (as I said, though I'm nearing the age of eligibility to draw, I'll never qualify), veterans services and paying our debts.

Reactions: colonelcat78
Waaayyyy, to many people go to college these days. Trade school for the win.

*no the irony is not lost on me.
This is true..ppl got thus mindset that you need to go to college to be succesful...no you need to be in an industry that pays. Learning a trade is valuable and pays well. I have two degrees, I don't use either only to put I have a master's degree on an application.

The thing that the left, and to be fair a lot of people on the right, doesn't understand is that Trump is not a wait and see politician and this terrifies them because they cannot understand his methodology. He is applying pressure every which way from Sunday to direct the course of history instead of the typical lefty tactic of wait, see, and hope/pray for the best. He's turning screws all over the place and it is quite refreshing to see a proactive instead of reactive approach for a change.

Reactions: ram1955
Remember the left rioting at Berkeley when Milo was supposed to speak? Physical violence, assaulting of police officers, breaking of windows, the trashing of MLK Civic Center, multiple cars set on fire, etc.. The Berkeley police stood idly by and watched it all happened, never intervening and only arrested one person that night.

Today supporters of free speech and Coulter showed up at Berkeley to protest the Coulter debacle. There was zero violence, no officers assaulted, no windows broken, no fires of any kind started. Just your average, everyday, peaceful assembly with pro free speech, Coulter and Trump signs, American flags, bullhorns, etc...

The Berkeley police busted out the riot gear, complete with 40mm launchers that shoot foam shooting batons, ran everyone off of campus, set up a perimeter to box in and contain them all at a park, and ended up arresting six people for "obstruction".

Remember the left rioting at Berkeley when Milo was supposed to speak? Physical violence, assaulting of police officers, breaking of windows, the trashing of MLK Civic Center, multiple cars set on fire, etc.. The Berkeley police stood idly by and watched it all happened, never intervening and only arrested one person that night.

Today supporters of free speech and Coulter showed up at Berkeley to protest the Coulter debacle. There was zero violence, no officers assaulted, no windows broken, no fires of any kind started. Just your average, everyday, peaceful assembly with pro free speech, Coulter and Trump signs, American flags, bullhorns, etc...

The Berkeley police busted out the riot gear, complete with 40mm launchers that shoot foam shooting batons, ran everyone off of campus, set up a perimeter to box in and contain them all at a park, and ended up arresting six people for "obstruction".

Are you crapping me? That's crazy.

See what I mean about universities making their own damn rules.

Fk that noise. I'm about done with wishing for a peaceful resolution to this.

EXCLUSIVE: Only 2 House Dems Have Examined Those Susan Rice ‘Unmasking’ Docs

Connecticut Rep. Jim Himes is the only Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence other than Rep. Adam Schiff, the panel’s ranking minority member, to review intelligence files showing former White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice “unmasked” aides to President Donald Trump during his transition to the Oval Office, The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group has learned.

The apparent lack of interest among the remaining seven Democrats on the intelligence panel is in striking contrast to their earlier vocal demands that they see the documents after committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes disclosed he had read them at the White House complex.

According to a source with knowledge of congressional visits to the National Security Agency, the classified documents have been available to committee members for three weeks, but Himes and Schiff are the lone Democrats to review them.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/25/d...op-effort-to-cut-funds-from-sanctuary-cities/

DOJ: Court Decision Does Not Stop Effort To Cut Funds From Sanctuary Cities

The Department of Justice is not worried about a federal court decision Tuesday that temporarily blocks enforcement of Trump’s executive order that targeted federal funding of “sanctuary cities.”

A spokesman said the DOJ will continue on with its efforts to restrict federal law enforcement grants from jurisdictions that restrict the federal government from accessing information about the immigration status of an individual.

Orrick did uphold the government’s ability to enforce conditions of existing grants and 8 U.S.C. 1373, the federal statute which pertains to sanctuary cities. Ian Prior, a Department of Justice spokesman, said in a statement that the “department will continue to enforce existing grant conditions and will continue to enforce 8 U.S.C. 1373.”

Texas House Passes Sanctuary City Ban With Stiff Penalty For Public Officials

The Texas House of Representatives passed a bill Thursday that places a statewide ban on sanctuary cities and allows state officials to jail police chiefs and sheriffs who refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

The measure also lets police officers inquire about the immigration status of anyone they detain or arrest including the subjects of traffic stops.

The debate on the sanctuary bill was reportedly 15 hours long, and some Democrats even cried, one fasted for days, and many wore butterfly pins in support of DREAMers.

Abbot designated the issue an “emergency” item in January, and said he will sign an anti-sanctuary bill regardless of the outcome of the judicial battle over Trump’s order.

Trump Signs EO Creating Office Of Accountability And Whistleblower Protection At The VA

President Trump signed an executive order Thursday designating a new office to reform the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection will “identify any barriers that might exist to removing bad employees from the VA.”

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Portland rose parade canceled after 'anti-fascist' email threatens local Republican group

But after a threatening email was sent to parade organizers - singling out members of the Multnomah County Republican Party (MCRP) who were planning to take part – officials have decided to cancel the family-friendly procession in an effort to avoid any clashes between protesters and marchers.

Local media reported that the email was sent from "thegiver@riseup.net," and said that if members of the MCRP marched on Saturday they planned to have “two hundred or more people rush into the parade into the middle and drag and push them out.”

“You have seen how much power we have downtown and that the police cannot stop us from shutting down roads so please consider your decision wisely,” the anonymous email said, in reference to the violent riots that broke out in Portland after the 2016 presidential election, reported the Oregonian. “This is non-negotiable.”

MCRP chair James Buchal said that Venture Portland asked them to withdraw from the parade, an event they’ve participated in for several years.

Buchal declined the offer and instead called on Portland Police Chief Mike Marshman, Multnomah County DA Rod Underhill, and Mayor Ted Wheeler to provide security.

Rich Jarvis, a spokesperson for the Rose Festival Foundation, says organizers could not legally un-invite the MCRP to the parade because they were already approved. He added that Venture Portland canceled the event out of an abundance of caution, considering the potential safety impacts to all attendees at the parade.

Last edited:

Come on North Korea, nuke California so we can rid ourselves of two bad apples.

Reactions: USSLair

Shaking my GD head. Even law enforcement authorities out there are ate the hell up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT