POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flipped it over to ABC news post-debate for one minute. They made a huge deal about how she sought him out for a handshake. That was there first big takeaway. One of them saying and 'you know she had a plan if he refused to shake her hand.' Desperate to make her look strong.

The Biden team was big on no handshake last time. Most of the rules were the same, guarantee you it was the same this time.

Vance came on after Walz for his views on the debate. Vance was asked three times about a national abortion ban even as he tried to turn to grocery prices, housing, and border. He even said at one point 'why are we talking about something that has zero chance of getting passed?' Jon Karl was squirming in his seat continually trying to interrupt Vance.

ABC continued after the debate what they did during. Vance was really good in the interview. Vance gets a point he wants to make and he really hammers it and hammers it.

I hope Pope has more than “concepts of a plan” on how to beat Duke this year.
I came here to post the exact same thing. But to be fair to Pope, he only would have had a few months to come up with a plan. Trump's had a decade and still has nothing.

Sounds like me in my 20s when my mom asked if I had a plan to move out of the house. Sure mom, I have a concept of a plan.

No one to skin alive tonight, eh?

buffalo-bill-good-vibes.gif
Who called her a bitch? I didnt see it.

Reactions: screwduke1
I could only stomach about 40 minutes. Here's my takeaways:
1. Kamala has done better than I expected (low expectations).
2. Neither candidate is a very good debater. Trump meanders around several different points in almost every response and misses some wide open lies/statements that KH should be hammered on. Most of his answers also focus too much on what HE did, not what benefit the policy had for Americans. Kamala says a lot of words but doesn't really say much except I'm not Trump, she has a plan for all of our problems (none of which Biden/Harris have anything to do with, of course). She is all appearance and no substance. And that nasal voice of hers is a weapon of mass destruction.
3. Trump is a massive exaggerator and stretches the truth/reality quite a bit and quite often. Kamala just flat out lies more than she tells the truth. I'm not believing much of what either of them are saying.
4. Kamala left huge openings for Trump and he completely missed them. She accused him of running up the deficit/debt when Biden/Harris has been the worst in the history of the US and still running $1T additional debt every 100 days. The border bill wouldn't even be a talking point if the current administration hadn't thrown it wide open with EOs the moment Biden took office. The policy flip flops should have been hammered by Trump and he did say she wouldn't follow through but he should have hit her harder with dates she said one thing and then the other.
5. The moderators are somewhat trying to appear fair but they've 'corrected' Trump >>>> times than they have Harris (if they've corrected anything she's said).
6. Both rarely actually answer the question that was posed.
7. To no one's surprise, she brought up 'convicted', 'indicted', 'impeached', 'fine people', 'Russia', 'sexual assault', 'save our democracy', etc. She's a very low-rent Barack Obama with 'hope and change' which, ultimately, meant absolutely nothing, a stuffed shirt of a campaign slogan. She is very much a stuffed shirt of a candidate. Light weight would be giving her too much credit. Sadly, Trump doesn't come across much better.
8. She lied multiple times about abortion. A few states DO allow abortions up to 40 weeks right now. There are physicians who have been indicted for allowing babies to die when an abortion failed (and some accused of actually ending the baby's life). At no time did she ever mention the baby's rights - it's all about the mother's 'healthcare' - when every state defines when a fetus can be considered a viable human being in a murder case. Trump did not hit her hard enough but kept telling everyone what he did, how it got returned to the states, etc. Did not focus on one part of the issue that would hit hardest with voters, imo.

Doubt this debate is the deciding factor for more than 2% of the undecided voters. Both sides will claim they won in a landslide and MSM will gush all over how great KH was, while Fox will say Trump won decisively.
Good write up. Watching Fox now but like me were disappointed in his debate and gave the edge to Harris while admittedly saying she didn’t do great either but better than Trump.

Flipped it over to ABC news post-debate for one minute. They made a huge deal about how she sought him out for a handshake. That was there first big takeaway. One of them saying and 'you know she had a plan if he refused to shake her hand.' Desperate to make her look strong.

The Biden team was big on no handshake last time. Most of the rules were the same, guarantee you it was the same this time.

Vance came on after Walz for his views on the debate. Vance was asked three times about a national abortion ban even as he tried to turn to grocery prices, housing, and border. He even said at one point 'why are we talking about something that has zero chance of getting passed?' Jon Karl was squirming in his seat continually trying to interrupt Vance.

ABC continued after the debate what they did during. Vance was really good in the interview. Vance gets a point he wants to make and he really hammers it and hammers it.

I don't know if there is going to be a debate between Walz and Vance, but I know the outcome if they do. I completely misjudged Vance. That guy is a killer. Walz will need therapy after the debate.

Honestly though, he's the favorite, and isn't the one that NEEDED to knock it out of the park. And I can assure you, Kamala did not. On policy, Kamala scored a zero.
Current, slight favorite in Sept. It'll come down to PA where it's basically a tie so that'll be a fun evening lol. In the end, these debates don't usually matter unless one of them tanks like the White Sox (Biden) so I'm unsure why many here have allowed themselves to get so upset tonight. Hope everyone will be able to sleep lol.

I'm a moderate. I don't like either candidate.

But if Trump would just keep his month shut, stick to the topic and stop rambling about people eating pets ... he would win in a landslide. But he can't do that. He rambles and honestly doesn't say anything worthwhile, just panders to his supporters.

Hopefully in 2028 we can find at least one good major party candidate to run.

Reactions: Nightwish84
Good write up. Watching Fox now but like me were disappointed in his debate and gave the edge to Harris while admittedly saying she didn’t do great either but better than Trump.
She pissed herself in the first 30 minutes. Then her mods jumped in to help.

But most ppl tuned out after the first 30 mins. So they saw that she was not ready for the big stage.

She did not do better than Trump lol that's ridiculous imo. She had energy and spoke in complete sentences for the most part (unlike Biden) but that was about it.

You are a nutbar. Here're the circumstances in MI, as just one example. A group of Republicans met in the basement of the state Republican Party headquarters under direct direction/instruction from Trump's lawyers. Several of the actually nominated Republican slate of electors refused to attend. They were replaced with completely new, illegitimate people. They all then forged multiple documents saying that they were the duly elected and qualified electors and they were casting votes for Trump. Those are real events, how is any of what I said "fiction"?
GWrH2CYWcAAjt9l

The fact that only one candidate gets “fact checked” in a debate should clue people in that we are smack dab in the middle of a Marxist takeover of our country. But go ahead and vote Kamala i guess. I’m sure she’s grown away from being raised by an avowed Marxist and wants to strengthen our Republic.

Reactions: screwduke1
I'm a moderate. I don't like either candidate.

But if Trump would just keep his month shut, stick to the topic and stop rambling about people eating pets ... he would win in a landslide. But he can't do that. He rambles and honestly doesn't say anything worthwhile, just panders to his supporters.

Hopefully in 2028 we can find at least one good major party candidate to run.
Well no one is willing in a landslide now days but to be fair, what you dislike is literally who Donald Trump is. It's like saying, "if only he didn't use tanner." That's what he's done for years. The ranting, the random thought bubbles about windmills causing cancer and eating pets, not really saying anything of substance but still standing on stage at a rally and going on for 95 minutes. That's always been him. People will need to decide if they can once again look past who he is.

Trump was Cal against Evansville. Didn’t respect and didn’t prepare.

Because he has contempt for her (and appropriately so) he rose to her baiting instead of making points. She lied continually and never said anything of substance.

I've said forever, Trump is not a great debater. He's actually really bad at it. But, if you're actually objective, he DID win this, if you just go off of facts, and hammering home just how awful she has been, and would continue to be, in spite of having to debate 3 folks at once.

I said a few days ago that Trump needed to hammer immigration and the economy, and he did a really great job at that, and then avoid a catastrophe, which he also did, in order to pretty much bring the election home. There just isn't enough steam left for Kamala. She's a horrible candidate, and is massively behind even Clinton's numbers at this point.

I came here to post the exact same thing. But to be fair to Pope, he only would have had a few months to come up with a plan. Trump's had a decade and still has nothing.

Sounds like me in my 20s when my mom asked if I had a plan to move out of the house. Sure mom, I have a concept of a plan.
He can’t talk policy because he doesn’t know anything about it.
The fact that only one candidate gets “fact checked” in a debate should clue people in that we are smack dab in the middle of a Marxist takeover of our country. But go ahead and vote Kamala i guess. I’m sure she’s grown away from being raised by an avowed Marxist and wants to strengthen our Republic.
To be fair, only one of the candidates said things like Haitian immigrants are eating our cats and dogs. That had to be fact checked. Sorry it’s true. And then when they said it’s been debunked, he said “well I saw it on tv”. Lmao what a joke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT