POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It means a specific thing - low taxes, lower regulation of companies, anti-union, etc. Not tied up in the culture wars. These people have always been Republicans (or at least have for more than 100 years) but now you've got the head of the UAW speaking at the Rep convention.
Well, it was actually the head of the Teamsters speaking out at the RNC. The UAW president Openly endorsed the Harris campaign (even though rank and file workers are likely more in the Trump camp, according to someone I'm very close to that works at Ford) And the Teamsters guy wasn't there to Endorse Trump, he was there reaching across the aisle, actually trying to be a good representative of the workers he's supposed to be fighting for.

It's a stupid fake video from last year that gets reposted fairly often. It was a protest in Vienna. Maga morons like to reuse it for each new conspiracy.
GU-otudW8AEsZEn

You said almost nothing on point then ranted on your agenda. You're convincing me you don't really know much about economics or monetary policy.

Everything i posted was literal fact. You wont engage because you cant. You cant because you know im right but it goes against your personal beliefs.

Why are people so terrified of less government involvement? It isnt some experiment. It was literally how it was for a very long time. Only relatively lately (mostly since carter) did the government start getting involved in everything. Unsurprisingly thats when we started losing ground.

Trump didn't get that big a bump after being shot. NET, I think Biden would still be gone.

Their actions tell us otherwise. Which means their internal polling tells them otherwise.

Dems are the easiest to predict because they will always do what gives them the best chance to ein/polls best. There is zero substance. So if they did something, you can damn sure bet its because it was their best chance to win.

Reactions: blubo
Well, it was actually the head of the Teamsters speaking out at the RNC. The UAW president Openly endorsed the Harris campaign (even though rank and file workers are likely more in the Trump camp, according to someone I'm very close to that works at Ford) And the Teamsters guy wasn't there to Endorse Trump, he was there reaching across the aisle, actually trying to be a good representative of the workers he's supposed to be fighting for.
My bad. But, I don't care why he was there. The RNC should never allow a union leader to speak at their convention.

Trump isn't falling behind anything. The same programmed people that still listen to the media spin for Harris are still voting D. Nothing will change on that front. They don't care about issues. They care about a woman being president. They care about her enthusiasm. They care about murdering babies and virtue-signaling everything else.
Trump could hand the Dems voter base $1M each as a tax free benefit and they would still vote for Harris. There is nothing he can do to get their vote because they have been programmed into believing he is the anti Christ.

Y’all remember when Sam would try to tell us he was/is against violent rioting of all kinds and how Jan 6th was just as bad as the MONTHS of burning/looting/killing of innocent businesses/people? He’d always say both were just as equally bad, but he’d never be able to vote for Trump because of mUh JaN 6tH.

Now he’s gonna support and vote for a ticket that 1) raised bail money for those violent rioters and 2) that happily allowed a major city in a state he governed to be burned to the ground.

Disgusting human being.
Big difference here dude.
Harris and Walz didn't CAUSE the riots.
Harris and Walz didn't incite the riots.
Trump was the direct spark for the violence.

Harris posted a tweet suggesting a cite for others to donate to in order to bail out peaceful protesters.
She NEVER advocated for anyone convicted of violence to be pardoned or escape prison time. Never.
Trump sings songs with convicted cop beaters.

Walz called in the National Guard to stop the riots.
Matter of fact....Your dumbass Trump called him to praise his response to the riots. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

As always, you are wrong about just about everything.

Ignorant human being.

When will George Soros and other Liberal filth be taken into custody for sponsoring and allegedly paying for chaos ? A good cop fighting for his life in MO.

Liberals are throwing their lives away arguing with conservatives. There's nothing you could say, ever, to chnage our mind or even get us to have any respect for you.
Soros and his Son need to be in Gitmo and the Open Society Foundation needs to be declared a sponsor of Domestic Terrorism.

Here ya ago, Sam. Biden wasn't mentally OK in October, 2023 interviews per Hur:

"There do exist written transcripts of President Biden’s interviews with his ghostwriter where they discuss classified material, and that Special Counsel Hur relied upon those written transcripts in coming to his conclusions [that Biden was a ‘well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory’]."

What I'm calling out is the total hypocrisy of Democrat voters acting like age is an issue after voting for Biden in 2020 and telling us how amazing and energetic he is still. This is ridiculous and even then, Trump is able to talk and move on his own. Biden had to be hidden away so yeah, it's a total joke that Democrats now act like age is the key issue.

Kamala is 60 and dumb AF.
Biden & Trump were similarly in mid-70's in 2020 & you still had to pick between those old men then. And it was obviously worse in 2024. Stupid people lump them together whether you like it or not.

Agree on KH. So what?

Reactions: blubo
Trump could hand the Dems voter base $1M each as a tax free benefit and they would still vote for Harris. There is nothing he can do to get their vote because they have been programmed into believing he is the anti Christ.
Agree on the $1M. Anti-Christ means nothing to them though.

Otherwise what? That they weren't going to remove Biden till Trump was shot? You really think that was the determining factor? I sure don't.

Yes considering thats exactly what happened. The debate fallout was just about blown over and nothing happened.

Yes considering thats exactly what happened. The debate fallout was just about blown over and nothing happened.
Dims were working on Biden from the debate on. I've read nothing that says the pressure put on Biden to quit was at all based on the shooting.

The Great Replacement is the position that non-white immigration is a plot by an international cabal of Marxist Jews to remove the white race through miscegenation. You know what it is, you spout the tamer mainstream version here every day. That Democrats are importing the "third world" for political power.

Big difference here dude.
Harris and Walz didn't CAUSE the riots.
Harris and Walz didn't incite the riots.
Trump was the direct spark for the violence.

Harris posted a tweet suggesting a cite for others to donate to in order to bail out peaceful protesters.
She NEVER advocated for anyone convicted of violence to be pardoned or escape prison time. Never.
Trump sings songs with convicted cop beaters.

Walz called in the National Guard to stop the riots.
Matter of fact....Your dumbass Trump called him to praise his response to the riots. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

As always, you are wrong about just about everything.

Ignorant human being.
Yes, yes. He and his wife kept their windows open so they could smell those burning businesses. Her own words. But he definitely didn’t allow it to happen. Per chance, do you know when he called in the national guard? Was it Before or after all those innocent business were looted and burned to ground?

And Kamala’s bail fundraiser most definitely got violent looters and arsonists out of jail. At least the very few who were actually arrested. Fact.

You hypocritical POS. You support riots. You support innocent people losing their livelihoods. And you support letting the people who did it get off scot free. Lowest form of human trash.

Here's some more facts for your tin foil hats to process...

Growth: Since Biden took office, the U.S. economy has grown 8.4% when adjusted for inflation, versus a 6.5% growth rate for the same time period under Trump, though the economy was growing at a similar speed to Biden’s before the pandemic.
Often lost in the pandemic: the US economy was in recession BEFORE the pandemic. NBER calls a recession after 2 consecutive quarters of economic contraction. In March of 2020, NBER called a recession. That means the recession began in October of 2019.

Reactions: sambowieshin
One month since a kid with a rifle, explosives, multiple cell phones and foreign accounts, bested the United States Secret Service despite multiple encounters identifying him as suspicious, and came within an inch of splitting open the head of the leading presidential candidate on live national TV.

We still have no motive identified. No identified contacts or co-conspirators. No information on foreign accounts. No information from decrypting his cell phones. And the whole event has been all but forgotten by the mainstream press.

Say this election is decided again by 30-40K votes in 2-3-4 states .. again every 0.3% margin comes back on the side of Comrade Harris .. you think there will be a real insurrection and real violence in the streets ? I'M NOT PARTICIPATING BTW , I'm NOT advocating that at all .. dont anyone get me wrong .. but if that happens and DJT begs people to stay home I still think it gets ugly . Real Ugly . And I'm against that , you should be able to win on ideas and intelligence , if we cant then Americawill just have to go thru more suffering until enough people cant take it anymore .

Reactions: IdaCat and SDC888
Often lost in the pandemic: the US economy was in recession BEFORE the pandemic. NBER calls a recession after 2 consecutive quarters of economic contraction. In March of 2020, NBER called a recession. That means the recession began in October of 2019.

Yep. One thing everyone knows is Kamalanonics have been great, and everyone was much worse off in Trump’s economy.

If you want more of the same, but with the extra benefit of higher taxes on the middle class once TCJA provisions expire, vote Kamala.

Harris getting it done baby!!!

Harris isn’t getting anything done.

Say this election is decided again by 30-40K votes in 2-3-4 states .. again every 0.3% margin comes back on the side of Comrade Harris .. you think there will be a real insurrection and real violence in the streets ? I'M NOT PARTICIPATING BTW , I'm NOT advocating that at all .. dont anyone get me wrong .. but if that happens and DJT begs people to stay home I still think it gets ugly . Real Ugly . And I'm against that , you should be able to win on ideas and intelligence , if we cant then Americawill just have to go thru more suffering until enough people cant take it anymore .
I don’t think that will happen if Trump loses and there is no funny business like in 2020. Now, if Trump wins, I can see mass riots by the left. I can also see the lefties in the senate and house trying to deny him from assuming the office. Then the right will rise up.

Both the Republican and Democrat candidates are deeply flawed. Trump is out there for the most part doing interviews/appearances on a regular basis. Most, but not all (Black Journalists Conference), are with friendly interviewers (Fox/Musk). For everything he says that attracts voters....He will say something offensive, bizarre or just plain stupid. I give him credit for not hiding like Kamala, but her decision right now to hide may be a smart one.
I don't think she is the most qualified Dem Presidential candidate but she was the one that made the most sense given the time constraints. Even though she did not win the primary...she was at least on a winning ticket that was elected 4 years ago. Throwing a candidate like Shapiro on the ticket for President would have been preferential to me....but not to a lot of Dems who lean further left than me and it would have completely suppressed the black voter turnout. They would have seen it as Kamala being passed over for the white guy that never got a single vote from them.
I want to know more specifics about Kamala's policy proposals and do want to see how she fares against tough questioning. Her vote is not a lock for me....but I am definitely a Never Trump Guy. It's Kamala or stay home that day. I truly believe Trump will be read about in history books for all the wrong reasons and I want no part of that.
If Pubs had given moderate Dems just about ANYONE but Trump....I would have swung that way given the choice of Kamala vs. Anyone but Trump. Vivek is the only Trump mini-me that I probably would have stayed away from. Something just off about that guy..
I think Nikki was your best all around candidate. She's smart, logical and knows the system. She would have been a damn good President imo. And Pubs could have forever claimed the first female President in history.

Sorry, but as to your last sentence, who gives a shit?

We all need to stop that nonsense.

She is the first trans black county council person. Who the fvck cares?

Shut up, you identity politics jackasses.

Those examples I gave were all lies that may run afoul of the 1st Amendment. Freedom of speech doesn't cover anything you say that is a lie. Ever heard of slander? Ever heard of Libel?
Why is that so damn difficult for you to comprehend??
Yet you continue to argue a point that continues to make you look foolish.
Do you still need more explanation as to why and how all lies are not covered by the First Amendment???🤣🤣🤣🤣

You tried to conflate all dishonest speech as illegal. That's why...wait for it.....I bolded the part of your screed I was replying to. But thanks once again for listing criminal exceptions, Captain Obvious. God you are obnoxious and childish.

Sorry, but as to your last sentence, who gives a shit?

We all need to stop that nonsense.

She is the first trans black county council person. Who the fvck cares?

Shut up, you identity politics jackasses.
Women care. POC care. That's who.
As long as your party NEVER nominates a woman, Hispanic or POC.... You will be perceived as the White Men Only for President Party.
Maybe deserved, maybe not... but perception is reality and the country is moving in a whole other direction whether you like it or not.

Henninger gets it:

"It’s no overstatement to say the Trump rallies are his reason for being. They provide repeated personal and political validation. But the Trump rallies have become like Grateful Dead concerts, with many of the same Deadheads, now Trumpians, showing up (apologies to former Deadheads). I saw a fellow recently who said he’d been to more than 70 Trump rallies.

This isn’t to say the Trump rallies are a waste of time. They hold the base, without which the Trump phenomenon evaporates. The problem is the rallies produce no net gain. In fact, the rallies may now run the risk of losing votes, given the opportunity for Mr. Trump to make damaging impromptu remarks, which have become more frequent.

Democratic operatives are open about the extent to which Mr. Trump is programmable. Kamala Harris’s running mate, Gov. Tim Walz, is the designated Trump button-pusher. In exploiting the short intervals between Mr. Trump’s volatile remarks, the Harris camp’s goal is to unsettle the small percentage of undecided voters in the seven swing states. An additional risk for Mr. Trump’s rally-heavy campaign strategy is that it may have begun to suppress turnout among tentative Republicans. Anecdotally, there seem to be a swath of Trump-inclined voters who understand the consequences of a Harris victory but who have become despondent over Mr. Trump’s performance and say they may not vote for him."

"Apart from hosting rallies and having a conversation with Elon Musk on X to mobilize first-time or low-interest voters, Mr. Trump’s biggest voter outreach venue looks as if it will be his one or more debates with Ms. Harris. But the debates, however important, are dangerous because they elevate familiar problems. Antagonizing Mr. Trump produces such predictable outbursts of exaggeration that neither Ms. Harris nor the moderators will be able to resist poking the bear. The net gains from debates among gettable voters for Mr. Trump are likely small.

He submitted to a press conference last week and plans to do another this Thursday in New Jersey. This is intended to draw a contrast between Mr. Trump and the Harris avoidance strategy, and it does. But press conferences also reveal a recurring Trump malady: He gets too hot in these settings, too tense. He becomes combative because he likes being combative, and, yes, it can be grimly entertaining. But his out-of-left-field riffs, such as comparing the size of his Jan. 6 Washington Mall crowd to that of Martin Luther King Jr., can’t possibly have reassured uncommitted voters. Another net loss.

To win this election, Donald Trump needs to chill. (Meaningly unlikely) He needs to find a campaign venue whose structure will keep him relatively calm. That’s not a rally, an acceptance speech, a one-on-one with a journalist or a press conference. All are Trump time bombs.

At the risk of sounding delusional, there is an alternative: Mr. Trump should hold town halls with uncommitted voters in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina. All the Republican primary candidates did town halls, which are real events with real people of the sort Mr. Trump believes he can relate to. In-state voters want to see candidates engaging with people like themselves, whether urbanites, blue-collar workers or metro-area suburbanites. The average American, like those at the GOP convention, is perfectly capable of asking intelligent questions without the press’s gotcha tone. It would be the campaign’s job to weed out paid provocateurs.

Mr. Trump is much better than Ms. Harris in these more intimate settings. She’s terrible, because she has no stable beliefs and stumbles trying to qualify her answers. There is virtually no chance of her submitting to a town hall before the election. It’s the teleprompter or bust for Ms. Harris.

A town-hall format is also the venue most likely to keep Mr. Trump on message, because the participating voters will themselves be totally on message. Mr. Trump can be good at turning such exchanges into conversations, and there’s much he needs to explain about his second-term policy alternatives to what Biden-Harris has done.

If instead Mr. Trump’s strategy remains trying to tear apart Ms. Harris personally, so be it. But the Trumpians at those big rallies had better come to grips with the possibility that it’s a farewell tour."

You tried to conflate all dishonest speech as illegal. That's why...wait for it.....I bolded the part of your screed I was replying to. But thanks once again for listing criminal exceptions, Captain Obvious. God you are obnoxious and childish.
It wasn't obvious to you or you would have listed your own caveats instead of me having to do it for you.

I have two clients, D2C retail with national presence who I think have proven to be a leading indicator for economic statistics. They are my real time look at the health of the US consumer, regardless of what Biden admin statistics say.

The US consumer has been suffering significantly for 18-24 months. I’ve watched their sales trends.

I don’t care what GDP or other government statistics say. There’s too much funny business in those numbers. I’ve watched consumer discretionary spending drop in real time.

And the problem has been exacerbated by the Fed increasing inflation rates to harm consumers and “solve” an inflation problem caused solely by government spending and money printing.

Edit: all that to say, sambowieshin and Dreadlox can make up whatever story they want about the economy, but middle America knows reality. Some will just be dumb enough to think Kamala can fix it.

It's a lie.

Here is growth by quarter. It didn't go negative tille 1Q2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT