Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HillaryClintonglasses_zps4e24c0eb.jpg

OK, Willy: would you?

Reactions: Mashburned
Surprised. @cnn began debate running partisan video statement by Pres Obama urging Dems to build on his record. Sounded like a fundraiser.

Via CBS... Insufferable

This Democratic group is absolutely laughable. If the GOP can't win this election they'll never win another again.

the further we get into this thing, the more apparent it is that Liz Warren could've won at least the nomination if not the whole thing.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Good lord....this group of liberals is frightening. And Anderson Cooper may want to tone it down on the botox and makeup....very mannequin looking.

Yea can't think of anything worse than wanting government in charge of healthcare. That is terrifying and just not smart from the voters standpoint. Absolute gold for the government. The goldest. That's worse than government in charge of education.
Last I saw, we were second in the world in spending per pupil, and 28th in results. With a track record like that, not sure I understand your reticence about letting the government take over anything....

These Democratic candidates are a complete disaster. Agree, if a Republican cannot win this election they may never win again.

Hillary is controlling this debate. She continues to go beyond her time limit with little opposition by Cooper. Every question they ask the others about what she had possibly done wrong were not answered directly to or about her. It has been almost all about what they would do not what she had done. They are either too scared or this is just a mock debate to set her up for her run. What a joke of a debate. Democrats should be ashamed.

Last edited:
One question I found very hypocritical was ask to Chaffee about a vote he had that was against the way he stood now and he said something to the effect that he was new and his father had just died. Then Anderson said, "You mean you voted for something you knew nothing about?" What? Seriously? Obama Care and the Democratic party ring a bell?

I literally laughed out loud when Bernie said America was tired of the email scandal, and shook hands with Hillary. THIS WAS THE COMPETITION? I posted earlier about the "other" 3 candidates basically heaping compliments on her. I was right, just had the wrong 3 candidates.

pro tip: Never publicize the fact that you governed Baltimore, MD

Howd this guy even get on the stage? That alone should disqualify him from running anything of importance.

Hillary is controlling this debate. She continues to go beyond her time limit with little opposition by Cooper. Every question they ask the others about what she had possibly done wrong were not answered directly to or about her. It has been almost all about what they would do not what she had done. They are either too scared or this is just a mock debate to set her up for her run. What a joke of a debate. Democrats should be ashamed.

Its a sham. Basically a coronation. This was a done deal in 2008, which was why she eventually conceded then.

These Democratic candidates are a complete disaster. Agree, if a Republican cannot win this election they may never win again.

It's very rare for the same party to win three times in a row. Hasn't happened since Reagan/Reagan/Bush. However, we've never seen the media like it is today or seen brainwashing like we see with today's youth.

BTW, they really need to up the voting age to 25.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I watched baseball, according to my media feeds HRC mopped up. Probably good for the GOP if it keeps Biden out. I imagine quite a few people saw Sanders for the first time and wondered what in the hell their friend or coworker was so enamored with.

Did anyone even mention "FBI"?

Cooper has been involved with the Clinton Global Slush Initiative.

Last edited:
Bernie is a complete fool for defending Clinton last night. Makes me question if he is really serious about winning. For all of our sakes, I hope he is not.

Guess this author of this quote:

“We do not think the comprehensive healthcare benefits should be extended to those who are undocumented workers and illegal aliens. We do not want to do anything to encourage more illegal immigration into this country. We know now that too many people come in for medical care, as it is. We certainly don’t want them having the same benefits that American citizens are entitled to have,”

Good read as a follow-up to what we have been talking about on here. Here in KY one of the co-ops went belly-up last week that had 51k participants:

In a new working paper, Wharton economists Mark Pauly, Adam Levine and Scott Harrington estimate how much better or worse off the non-poor uninsured are under ObamaCare. They measure the cost of the plans, the benefits of consuming pre-paid medical care and out-of-pocket payments without obtaining coverage. They conclude that, “even under the most optimistic assumptions,” half of the formerly uninsured take on both a higher financial burden and lower welfare, and on net “average welfare for the uninsured population would be estimated to decline after the ACA if all members of that population obtained coverage.”

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/obamacare-bear-market-1444778110-lMyQjAxMTE1NDEyNDkxOTQ2Wj

In other words, ObamaCare harms the people it is supposed to help. This is not a prescription for a healthy, durable program.

Markets have also been disrupted by a cascade of failures among the ObamaCare co-ops that were intended as a liberal insurance utopia. These plans were seeded with billions of dollars in federal start-up
loans
and were supposed to work like the credit unions or the electric collectives of the Depression era. No profits were allowed, advertising to introduce new products was restricted and industry executives were barred from management. As it turns out, attempting to outlaw expertise and incentives tends not to produce good results.

The implicit Fannie Med-type taxpayer backstop let the co-ops gamble on undercutting their competitors to steal market share, pricing premiums well below cost. They figured that any mistakes could be papered over with a bailout from Uncle Sugar.

Among the 23 co-ops chartered for 2013, four have already gone insolvent in Louisiana, Nevada, Iowa and New York. Another 11 have received warning letters from the feds putting them on “enhanced oversight” financial probation until their balance sheets improve. More are likely to fold in the coming months.
The Kentucky Health Cooperative, the second largest U.S. co-op, is also insolvent and being wound down at year’s end. The plan scooped up three of four enrollees on the Kentucky exchange by running a premium-to-expense ratio of 158% in 2014—that is, for every $1 in premiums it collected it incurred a 58-cent loss. That’s $146.5 million down the tubes.

Last edited:
I am one of the people who supported the ACA. I think healthcare should be offered by our government. That being said, the way it was put in has been crap. I was more of the Romney idea, where markets compete, it drives prices down, people pay what they can afford. Originally, it was a republican based idea .Basically, by more people paying into the insurance system, prices should drop.

They have not. It has been the complete opposite. It has been a disaster. We are paying more for our healthcare with less coverage. If anyone knows an answer, I am for it, but what is going on now, will not work.

It was actually refreshing to see Bush's plan against the ACA. I have not read the specifics, which I need to do, but this alone, would be a reason I would vote for him.

We can start by decoupling your employer from your healthcare tax benefit. I have a great job, and I functionally have 2 healthcare options. In a market economy (lol), that's appalling. There is no competition because your employer controls the few options you have. Why don't we just give company dollars to spend at the company store in the company town while we're at it? Thanks, WWII wage freezes and inertia. IIRC, McCain addressed this issue a bit in 2008, and there's a couple of think tanks that have proposed reform, but how this is not front and center of any healthcare reform discussion is baffling. We're literally using the tax code to stifle competition and creating unintended consequences like Hobby Lobby (which is a legal, moral, and intellectual travesty).

Or, if the tax issue is fixed, we can go with a good ole' 1) I work, 2) employer pays me, and 3) I purchase my own health insurance from a slew of competing (good for consumers!) options.

Good read as a follow-up to what we have been talking about on here. Here in KY one of the co-ops went belly-up last week that had 51k participants:

In a new working paper, Wharton economists Mark Pauly, Adam Levine and Scott Harrington estimate how much better or worse off the non-poor uninsured are under ObamaCare. They measure the cost of the plans, the benefits of consuming pre-paid medical care and out-of-pocket payments without obtaining coverage. They conclude that, “even under the most optimistic assumptions,” half of the formerly uninsured take on both a higher financial burden and lower welfare, and on net “average welfare for the uninsured population would be estimated to decline after the ACA if all members of that population obtained coverage.”

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/obamacare-bear-market-1444778110-lMyQjAxMTE1NDEyNDkxOTQ2Wj

In other words, ObamaCare harms the people it is supposed to help. This is not a prescription for a healthy, durable program.

Markets have also been disrupted by a cascade of failures among the ObamaCare co-ops that were intended as a liberal insurance utopia. These plans were seeded with billions of dollars in federal start-up
loans
and were supposed to work like the credit unions or the electric collectives of the Depression era. No profits were allowed, advertising to introduce new products was restricted and industry executives were barred from management. As it turns out, attempting to outlaw expertise and incentives tends not to produce good results.

The implicit Fannie Med-type taxpayer backstop let the co-ops gamble on undercutting their competitors to steal market share, pricing premiums well below cost. They figured that any mistakes could be papered over with a bailout from Uncle Sugar.

Among the 23 co-ops chartered for 2013, four have already gone insolvent in Louisiana, Nevada, Iowa and New York. Another 11 have received warning letters from the feds putting them on “enhanced oversight” financial probation until their balance sheets improve. More are likely to fold in the coming months.
The Kentucky Health Cooperative, the second largest U.S. co-op, is also insolvent and being wound down at year’s end. The plan scooped up three of four enrollees on the Kentucky exchange by running a premium-to-expense ratio of 158% in 2014—that is, for every $1 in premiums it collected it incurred a 58-cent loss. That’s $146.5 million down the tubes.

Even though I should never let a story of government incompetence surprise me, it still happens often. Other than defending our borders, theres nothing the government does that turns out well.

How can anyone with a brain cell think having a business with that revenue to expense ratio can possibly work?

We can start by decoupling your employer from your healthcare tax benefit. I have a great job, and I functionally have 2 healthcare options. In a market economy (lol), that's appalling. There is no competition because your employer controls the few options you have. Why don't we just give company dollars to spend at the company store in the company town while we're at it? Thanks, WWII wage freezes and inertia. IIRC, McCain addressed this issue a bit in 2008, and there's a couple of think tanks that have proposed reform, but how this is not front and center of any healthcare reform discussion is baffling. We're literally using the tax code to stifle competition and creating unintended consequences like Hobby Lobby (which is a legal, moral, and intellectual travesty).

Or, if the tax issue is fixed, we can go with a good ole' 1) I work, 2) employer pays me, and 3) I purchase my own health insurance from a slew of competing (good for consumers!) options.

Great idea actually. Too bad it must not poll well with the dumb american voting segment (99%).

I thought the most significant point of the night was when the Chipmunk declared that she never made a decision on Keystone until she made a decision on Keystone.

It made me think "well what IS a decision?" I'll bet the answer depends on what the definition of "is" is.

It's very rare for the same party to win three times in a row. Hasn't happened since Reagan/Reagan/Bush. However, we've never seen the media like it is today or seen brainwashing like we see with today's youth.

BTW, they really need to up the voting age to 25.

The sign of a real strong candidate is always good hashtagging.

#feelthebern

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to ingest copius amounts of drugs and travel around from music festival to music festival. Steady jobs are for chumps.

Interesting: every major media outlet seems to think Hillary won the debate but every online Dem voter poll I have seen shows Bernie Sanders winning.

Reactions: UKs#1fan
That Webb moment was admittedly awkward. Cooper asked about enemies the candidates made during their political career and Webb apparently had a 'Nam-style flashback on national television.

I thought the most significant point of the night was when the Chipmunk declared that she never made a decision on Keystone until she made a decision on Keystone.

It made me think "well what IS a decision?" I'll bet the answer depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Is it a stretch to think shes the most corrupt, dishonest presidential candidate in modern history?

Heard a crazy stat that I thought was BS but after taking a glance, I don't think it is…

No Republican has been elected president since 1928 without a member of the Bush family or Richard M. Nixon on the GOP ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT