POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Federal government isn't imposing anything, with regards to abortion. And that is how it SHOULD be.

However, they had very little problem, flexing their muscles, when it came to a shot (that didn't work, and may turn out to be harmful)

He's saying Republicans are currently trying, not that it's already implemented.

Well, that's pretty stupid, considering the Supreme Court has ruled that it's none of the Federal Government's business. Leave it to the states.

Reactions: Marleydogg
Well, that's pretty stupid, considering the Supreme Court has ruled that it's none of the Federal Government's business. Leave it to the states.
Being not a right means it's open to legislation. So they're trying to legislate. For you and me and everyone. What, you thought Republicans actually gave a shit about their supposed ideal of federalism and it wasn't just lip service? Silly boy.

You've mistaken me for a Republican again.

And I would imagine, that SCOTUS will take a dim view of that. (as they should) If it ever DID pass (which it won't)

I mean, Congressmen and Senators from deep red states might vote for it, but none of the members from more moderate, purplish states would.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Everyone I've talked to at Ford has said they are losing their ass on EV's. I've heard they are going to move to hybrids instead but who knows how bad it gets for them before they can switch.
Yeah I think they put a hold on one of the two battery plants they were building in Glendale. People are starting to revolt against the EV movement. The general public sees the impracticality of everything going electric.

And I would imagine, that SCOTUS will take a dim view of that. (as they should) If it ever DID pass (which it won't)

I mean, Congressmen and Senators from deep red states might vote for it, but none of the members from more moderate, purplish states would.
No SCOTUS involvement. Dobbs removed abortion from the rights covered by the Constitution, so anyone is free to legislate whatever they want on it. Doesn't go to SCOTUS at all. Republicans could pass a law tomorrow that any woman in America who has an abortion gets the immediate death penalty and it's constitutional(if they can get it passed obviously, which addresses your second point and that's of course much more complicated).

Kentucky basketball fans don't (and I honestly believe this) care a whit about what race/ethnicity their coach is, as long as he wins.
I remember living in OH and the mailman was a UK fan (he saw my CatsPause coming in). He told me about Pitino leaving and my first comment was I hope we get Tubby. Tubby was a great in-game coach and took Tulsa and UGA to S16s. No one else will ever do that.

No SCOTUS involvement. Dobbs removed abortion from the rights covered by the Constitution, so anyone is free to legislate whatever they want on it. Doesn't go to SCOTUS at all. Republicans could pass a law tomorrow that any woman in America who has an abortion gets the immediate death penalty and it's constitutional(if they can get it passed obviously, which addresses your second point and that's of course much more complicated).
That's just not true. Laws that are passed get challenged all the time, and make their way to the Supreme Court. It's pretty much their job. I mean, they don't HAVE to take it, but an issue that is that big, I'm sure they would hear it. A Federal ban (in whatever form), would go against states' rights. It's a no-brainer.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Now, we just have to get you come around on the Democrats. LOL
Dude I hate the Democrats. I dunno whether you just haven't been here long enough to see me bagging on them because I spend the majority of my time here swimming against the conservative tide, but Democrats are worthless. They're the same imperialism and capitalism, bombs and bosses, just with rainbows on them. Go back and look at who voted for the Iraq War. It wasn't just Republicans. I was a child at the time and even I knew the geopolitical implications and situation better than those numbskulls. I can go on and on about Democrats, Pride Month, the Deep State; much of the same shit you'd hear out of any redneck's mouth. I live and work every day in deep EKY. My critiques of those things are just from a dialectical materialist leftist position and not from the right.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Tubby had a tough time recruiting, that's it. In every other facet of the job, he was superb. But his recruiting prowess, or lack thereof, did him in.
Only in the later years. Early on he brought in people like Prince, Bogans, Fitch, Hawkins, Daniels, Estill, etc. later in, not so much.

Losing George Felton as an assistant hurt him dramatically.

Day one next year, a hundred students wear a similar shirt ...

Kentucky basketball fans don't (and I honestly believe this) care a whit about what race/ethnicity their coach is, as long as he wins.
Agree with this definitely. That doesn't say anything either way though morally, as we also wouldn't care if he was Hitler or a serial killer if he won too though lol.

Reactions: Marleydogg
Dionsysus, although I don't doubt that you're an intelligent, albeit misguided, man, the less you post about legal issues, the more intelligent you will present yourself to be. Sometimes silence is golden and can be to one's benefit.
To respondt o your post, I can assure that if a law passed that demanded the death penalty for abortion, it would absolutely go to the United States Supreme Court, and get nuked, unless it was first nuked in a state appellate court- which would happen so quickly it would spin your head.

Well, I don't think if the Kentucky Basketball coach spawned the Gestapo, and caused the deaths of millions of jews, well, even if he won a title every year, I just can't see anyone feeling good about that.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Try not to laugh.

It is literally like a Monty Python sketch.

The American principle that no one is above the law was reaffirmed.

Hunter Biden was given every opportunity to defend himself.

It was heard by a jury of 12 citizens — 12 Americans, 12 people like you. Like millions of Americans who served on juries, this jury was chosen the same way every jury in America is chosen. It was a process that Hunter Biden's attorney was part of.

The jury heard the evidence. And after careful deliberation, the jury reached a unanimous verdict. They found Hunter Biden guilty on all counts.

THAT, turned into THIS:

Joe Biden Says Hunter Is Victim of Weaponized System of Justice

LOLOLOL

Last edited:
That's just not true. Laws that are passed get challenged all the time, and make their way to the Supreme Court. It's pretty much their job. I mean, they don't HAVE to take it, but an issue that is that big, I'm sure they would hear it. A Federal ban (in whatever form), would go against states' rights. It's a no-brainer.
States' rights to what? There are federal bans on all sorts of things, goods and behaviors, from Asian carp to embezzlement. What grounds are you saying it'd even be challenged on?

Dionsysus, although I don't doubt that you're an intelligent, albeit misguided, man, the less you post about legal issues, the more intelligent you will present yourself to be. Sometimes silence is golden and can be to one's benefit.
To respondt o your post, I can assure that if a law passed that demanded the death penalty for abortion, it would absolutely go to the United States Supreme Court, and get nuked, unless it was first nuked in a state appellate court- which would happen so quickly it would spin your head.
? Why? I'm not trying to just be an ass about it, I genuinely don't know what grounds you guys think would be such an obvious challenge and slam dunk(especially for the partisan makeup of this court, but that's a side issue). I don't mind looking stupid if I get an education out of it.

Just not that simple.
YOU and the GOVERNMENT are imposing YOUR beliefs about what constitutes a "life" with your draconian state overreach.
You are hyperfixated on YOUR definition of "life" while simultaneously completely ignoring the life of the person that we ALL AGREE is a living person.
What's even worse is that you are doing so from the perspective of a person COMPLETELY without a worry about that law impacting YOUR bodily autonomy.
Laws for thee and NOT for me.
Hypocrisy and hubris are a nasty combo when imposing your laws on others.

Dude, I'm for literal eugenics and sterilization of the stupid.

Come on.

I don't give a rats ass about this theological nonsense.

I think biologically, life begins at conception. Combined DNA becomes individual unique DNA. Full stop, SCIENCE DUDE/CLUMP OF CELLS. Has that clump of cells, given normal health ever became anything other than an individual human?

Dion, back me up here. 😉

I don't really have much of an opinion after that. It is what it is. 🤷

Reactions: trueblujr2
The Federal government isn't imposing anything, with regards to abortion. And that is how it SHOULD be.

However, they had very little problem, flexing their muscles, when it came to a shot (that didn't work, and may turn out to be harmful)

And that, right there, is the fundamental difference in left and right.

We want freedom, they want control.

Who pushed smoking bans? Seat belt laws? (That was actually the scum insurance companies) helmet laws? (Same, also probably related to the 19th amendment. 😉) Hate speech law? ( again, 19th)

Sorry, I don't need the government to mommy me.

Dude, I'm for literal eugenics and sterilization of the stupid.

Come on.

I don't give a rats ass about this theological nonsense.

I think biologically, life begins at conception. Combined DNA becomes individual unique DNA. Full stop, SCIENCE DUDE/CLUMP OF CELLS. Has that clump of cells, given normal health ever became anything other than an individual human?

Dion, back me up here. 😉

I don't really have much of an opinion after that. It is what it is. 🤷
I mean you're basically right, but there are plenty of times sex results in fertilization that then doesn't implant and just gets flushed out. So like is that a miscarriage and death of a human? A tiny bundle of cells that haven't even really differentiated much? Doesn't seem like it to me. So it's not really conception, somewhere further on. I listed several stages I thought it could be in a post awhile back. The line is definitely somewhere, I just don't know where.

I despise the religious pompous sanctimonious right, just nowhere near the hatred I hold for Marxist leftists. Not even close.

The compromise is somewhere between taking the religious aspect out of it, and acknowleding that at the point that the child could be prematurely delivered and live, that it is essentially murder.

I don't get why both sides can't come to an agreement on that. Sure, the religious folks, think it's murder from the point of conception, and the pro-choice folks think that you should be able to put a spike in a baby's head, up until it breaches.

At the end of the day, either way, it's not the Federal government's business.

I mean you're basically right, but there are plenty of times sex results in fertilization that then doesn't implant and just gets flushed out. So like is that a miscarriage and death of a human? A tiny bundle of cells that haven't even really differentiated much? Doesn't seem like it to me. So it's not really conception, somewhere further on. I listed several stages I thought it could be in a post awhile back. The line is definitely somewhere, I just don't know where.

That's nature, biology, son.

Sticking a device in a vagina and blending it and vacuuming it out aint the same.

And that, right there, is the fundamental difference in left and right.

We want freedom, they want control.

Who pushed smoking bans? Seat belt laws? (That was actually the scum insurance companies) helmet laws? (Same, also probably related to the 19th amendment. 😉) Hate speech law? ( again, 19th)

Sorry, I don't need the government to mommy me.

Actually, I am FOR seat belt laws (unless you're in the car by yourself), because your body flying around, willy nilly, can bash someone's skull in and kill them. Just as if you stored your toolbox in the back seat, unsecured, and you rear-end someone, and your Craftsmen socket seat separates your passenger's body from their head (which should be manslaughter)

Awesome dude thanks. 2nd time going thru and 45yrs old. Life. Learned you never know what ppl are going thru. And I've seen ppl getting a much worse deal than me. Truly humbling. I try not to feel sry for myself.

Anyway I'm dont usually talk serious here. I'm here to antagonize and shit talk lol.

Did live in lex for 21 yrs. From western ky as a kid. Live in danville now. Job, if I ever go back, is still in lex. My wife has a safe that could look like store window of variations of all the dispensary products. I'm usually edibled up by nite fall, hence the shit talking I tend to do at nite.

We got 3 horses, more dogs than I will admit, chickens, outside barn cats. I lease the back half of our land and he has sheep, heifers and a donkey. So petting zoos don't really do much for us or the kid lol.

Hey, outside of the issue, sounds like a pretty sweet life. But regardless, best to you, good sir.

Keep fighting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT