POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're NO closer. That's why I ignore all of the alarmists. Go all nuclear, and then we can start to talk about other measures. Until you do that, you're adding to the CO2 with all of your hot air, meaningless blather. NOTHING will ever come close to the CO2 reduction that we would see by replacing fossil fuel electic plants with nuclear.

It's science...
It’s frankly absurd we’ve not progressed towards more nuclear power plants. Small modular reactors are the path forward, I invested in some NuScale stock (cheap).

I’ll be interested in how the TerraPower Natrium project in Wyoming does with their modular reactor.

Reactions: vhcat70
Are you still going with this shit?

Someone may oppose the U.S. government bombing a school teacher in Afghanistan, but that doesn’t mean they think the Constitution of the United States of America is the appropriate means by which the United States government is restrained from infringing upon the rights of someone in Afghanistan.
? Then what constrains the government from doing such haphazardly? Not the constitutional requirement that it go through the proper constitutional channels(ie Congress war declaration etc)? That’s the entire point of the Constitution…

Sorry, buddy. You can’t murder anyone. Can’t steal from them. I’m perfectly happy restricting your ability to melt the brains of children and destroy their mental health.

I’m perfectly happy restricting those “freedoms” as you call it.

Social media for children is as bad as any illegal drug in cumulative impact on our society.

I dunno, but if it is CO2, we should do something about that. I'd be behind any promising/meaningful ideas that the climate change left can come up with. But so far, none have been proposed.

So basically, get back to me when you have something that will make a difference. Until then, STFU already.
How can we address the problem when a majority of one of the two parties says it doesn’t exist? There has to be bipartisan support to accomplish anything in this country. You can’t dismiss the issue because of inaction when the inaction is a result of those same dismissals.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lost In FL
Because leaving things in the hands of the corporations always worked out so well for the coal miners of Eastern Kentucky. The shell casings all over Blair Mountain beg to differ.
I have some bad news for you; The government has the worst record of all. They're inefficient, every bit as greedy, power-motivated, and have little to no regard for anyone that isn't in their club.

The United Stated Federal Government is largest private corporation in the history of mankind. 🤣 🤣

And, unlike IBM, Apple, Honeywell, etc. they can make you buy their product at gunpoint. LOL

Last edited:
Sorry, buddy. You can’t murder anyone. Can’t steal from them. I’m perfectly happy restricting your ability to melt the brains of children and destroy their mental health.

I’m perfectly happy restricting those “freedoms” as you call it.

Social media for children is as bad as any illegal drug in cumulative impact on our society.
Exactly. You acknowledge the social contract when it’s something you want to ban. Then you scream ‘FREEDOM!!’ whenever it’s something you oppose. Pure naked hypocrisy.

How can we address the problem when a majority of one of the two parties says it doesn’t exist? There has to be bipartisan support to accomplish anything in this country. You can’t dismiss the issue because of inaction when they inaction is a results of those same dismissals.
There is no use in discussing it, until a meaningful solution is proposed. Again, get back to me when they get around to one. Until then, it's a pointless exercise. Currently, there is one thing, and one thing ONLY, that will make a significant difference in C02 output.

One... that's it.

Why don't you work on getting your party to cast aside the superstitions and voo doo science about nuclear power plants, get them on board, and I'm sure the politicians will kill each other to be first in line to get in on the ground floor of a massive investment opportunity.

You're barking up the wrong tree. You're blaming a boogie man that doesn't exist.

Are you still going with this shit?

Someone may oppose the U.S. government bombing a school teacher in Afghanistan, but that doesn’t mean they think the Constitution of the United States of America is the appropriate means by which the United States government is restrained from infringing upon the rights of someone in Afghanistan.
Here is another example of why the left is so stupid. Their "sources" are blatant liars. Left ... make it make sense

Going to be so pissed if calipari convinces Jamal mashburn’s son to come play with Reed and that gives Calipari breathing room to stick around for another agonizing year capped by a flame out in the first round.
doubt that happens. mash is playing for ricky jr.

? Then what constrains the government from doing such haphazardly? Not the constitutional requirement that it go through the proper constitutional channels(ie Congress war declaration etc)? That’s the entire point of the Constitution…

lol

Well we were talking Bill of Rights and inherent rights the entire time, so I blame myself for saying Constitution and opening the door to your deflection.

But no, I don’t think the civilians Obama and Biden, et al have bombed in (some cases) extra constitutional uses of force are protected from our government by our bill of rights.

That doesn’t mean the President is free to just bomb everyone in the world. But that also doesn’t mean the limitations on the use of force in the Constitution are there to protect the rights of people all over the world.

How can we address the problem when a majority of one of the two parties says it doesn’t exist? There has to be bipartisan support to accomplish anything in this country. You can’t dismiss the issue because of inaction when the inaction is a results of those same dismissals.
Ma ... Ma ... clutch ya pearls!! Ma!! Where you at?

Reactions: SDC888
Exactly. You acknowledge the social contract when it’s something you want to ban. Then you scream ‘FREEDOM!!’ whenever it’s something you oppose. Pure naked hypocrisy.

I pretty much draw the line at you democrats abusing children, and anything enabling you to do it.

If opposing child abuse and destroying the brains of the youth of America makes me a hypocrite, I’ll proudly wear that label.

It’s the same argument. If they exist inherently as a function of being human and you don’t support government suppressing them for citizens, why do you support government suppressing them for noncitizens?
I have never said that. In any case, that is just deflection from the point. Why do you support an all powerful State that can dictate what is a right and who gets them?

Reactions: Lost In FL
lol

Well we were talking Bill of Rights and inherent rights the entire time, so I blame myself for saying Constitution and opening the door to your deflection.

But no, I don’t think the civilians Obama and Biden, et al have bombed in (some cases) extra constitutional uses of force are protected from our government by our bill of rights.

That doesn’t mean the President is free to just bomb everyone in the world. But that also doesn’t mean the limitations on the use of force in the Constitution are there to protect the rights of people all over the world.
Heriberto Carbajal-Flores was in Chicago. Not Afghanistan or "all over the world."

I have never said that. In any case, that is just deflection from the point. Why do you support an all powerful State that can dictate what is a right and who gets them?
It isn't a deflection, it's the heart of the point. You've been arguing this whole time that "natural rights" exist as a function of just being human. That those rights are then suppressed by unjust governments. So why do you support our government suppressing them? You say it's great those rights are protected for citizens, but then want them taken away from noncitizens.

And of course I don't want "an all powerful State". I'm simply trying to analyze the world pratically and materially, not emotionally. So I point out the obvious shortcomings with the theory of "natural rights" existing in a vacuum separate from the civic entities that define them. Recognizing how glorious and fragile our created concept of rights is should inspire one to want to defend them even more, not buttress an "all powerful State".

ouch!! poor piece of pig dung murderous scum Muslim terrorist

would’ve been released without bail in nyc

In NYC, he would be released without bail ... AND ... be given a phone and a credit card with 2000 monthly "limit", free housing in a posh hotel and likely multiple speaking engagements with the left corporate uniparty media. Maybe even the address to a home in which the owner went south for the winter.

Why do temps continue to rise while solar output has been on the decline since the 60s then?
Why are temps taking more often in densely populated cities and less in rural areas?

That is a thing that happened. Look it up and lern sum histry...

Then go clutch yo momma's pearls...

Reactions: SDC888
CO2 rising is true, as far as I can tell. However, it's still <.5% of the atmosphere. And, in Biology 101 I was taught that plants need/live off of CO2. So, how is higher CO2 levels 'killing' the planet? Certainly there is a point of diminishing return but much of what I have read suggests current CO2 levels are not dangerous and actually lower than they have been in previous geologic ages of the earth. One would certainly expect that CO2 levels would have been significantly higher when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and more of the earth was extremely fertile and significantly lower during Ice Ages, right?

1000% agree on replacing coal as an energy source. What you left out is which countries are hellbent on firing up coal-fired generators? China and India. Not surprising, which 2 countries are absent from any admonition by this administration as they get on their rhetorical high horse about what America needs to do to save the planet. And, by the way, why are those two countries so committed to building coal-fired energy plants? Because, they're POOR and cheap, clean energy has been the fuel to Western civilization's higher standard of living.

As others have just stated, the cleanest (from an global warming standpoint) alternative is nuclear which the climate crusaders are adamantly opposed to. So, that begs the question: if they're against the best and cleanest alternative energy source to replace what is considered the dirtiest, what, exactly is the agenda they're promoting? Is it really cleaner energy to 'save' the planet or it is something completely different?

It's pretty well agreed upon that you can't run today's society depending wholly on solar and wind - they're too inconsistent. Using them as supplementary supplies and backups - absolutely (although they are not without environmental impact to flora and fauna and mining operations and disposal and, and, and). The airport shuttles at Houston's Bush Int'l Airport all run on natural gas, which burns cleaner than gasoline. Since NG is very plentiful, why aren't we developing that technology to plug the gap between gasoline/diesel transportation and all-electric, which, is still in its infancy. Why aren't the climate crusaders calling for development of hydrogen fuel cells, like Toyota has been doing, which, when burned, emits water vapor and is literally everywhere in the atmosphere and doesn't have to be mined by enslaved children? Again, these questions go back to the bigger question on skeptics' minds: is this crusade really about saving the planet or is it something else (and, conservatives tend to infer some agenda infinitely more nefarious than saving the planet)?

One big hangup I have with the whole movement is that the data we have is very limited and nonexistent beyond a few decades. If we're in a 5k or 10k or 50k year cycle, how can we possibly be able to predict/conclude anything? We have NO data of any reliability beyond maybe a 100 years. I just saw an article recently where some 'scientific' body stated that the world's oceans have risen 9" in the past 20 years (or something like that) and, of course, that was ballyhooed as one more indication that the planet needs saving. What they didn't say was the average depth of the earth's oceans is around 12,000 feet. How does one go about measuring the depth of the ocean accurately? And, wouldn't 9" represent .0063% of 12,000 feet - the dictionary definition of a 'rounding error' if I ever saw one. Bear in mind that the climate is an ecosystem that probably consists of 1,000 or more separate variables. How can any scientist look at one (CO2 levels) and confidently predict what the total system's reaction will be?
Do i need to call the librarian to check this back in after reading it? haha. very well stated on all points.

Just like that video that HK posted yesterday from the NYT of all places. The liberal "elites" trust government, often because they know someone in gov't or they have an avenue to a Rep or Senator (aka "privilege") that the rest of us do not have ...

Why are temps taking more often in densely populated cities and less in rural areas?

That is a thing that happened. Look it up and lern sum histry...

Then go clutch yo momma's pearls...
They drill Antarctic ice cores in densely populated cities??? Amazing!

lol

Dude ... he is stupid. Provides false premises as truth. Never engages in an honest discussion. Always playing gotcha.

Why does anyone give him the BOD?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
How long before progressives claim DoorDash is a human right?

"With food inequality it's only added to the struggle for sustenance if you aren't an able person, or have a vehicle, which those with privilege have."
Well, you know ONE thing, you aren't going to get tipped worth a ****

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT