POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you visit Reddit frequently, you understand anything Trump related that made it to the front always had CTR and the lefties shitting all over Trump.

Was interesting to see the post this morning about Trump signing the immigration EO. All the top comments were basically, "Well, he's actually doing what he said he's going to do" as opposed to "Trump's a goddam fascist who wants to murder babies." I think some people are starting to come to terms with the fact he's POTUS. Maybe last weekend and all the screaming and crying was helpful for the country.

But that's just one anecdote. My perception could be completely wrong.

I just saw a commercial that said Jeff Sessions is a civil rights champion.

Welcome to the United States of Banana Republic. Our Ministry of Information is working overtime.

25a9e6d7c42d1a94bea2b16ee3345af1.jpg
Donald Mahanahan, is that you?

Reactions: screwduke1
-LEK- is far from dumb. Probably one of the smartest fkcers on this board, if not the smartest. He is a hell of a debater and knows how to separate emotion from fact. I know you and him have issues, but lets not start slinging false facts. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but he says it in a way that is debatable and not like two monkeys throwing sht in the zoo.
I agree. But, I also personally feel there is a tendency in internet forums to place too much emphasis on the structure of the debate format rather that the content of what the other person is saying.

Very few on the internet are schooled in debate and logic, but that does not diminish the knowledge one has of a given subject.

I know I personally write things in a hurry to get my point across in an informal setting, not to have it treated as a graded debate.

Sometimes it is hard to weed through the passion a person has for a subject to realize there point of contention is actually fine, but it does not follow debate rules. It does not make their point any less valid IMNSHO. :)

This is a general comment not direct at one individual.

I agree. But, I also personally feel there is a tendency in internet forums to place too much emphasis on the structure of the debate format rather that the content of what the other person is saying.

Very few on the internet are schooled in debate and logic, but that does not diminish the knowledge one has of a given subject.

I know I personally write things in a hurry to get my point across in an informal setting, not to have it treated as a graded debate.

Sometimes it is hard to weed through the passion a person has for a subject to realize there point of contention is actually fine, but it does not follow debate rules. It does not make their point any less valid IMNSHO. :)

This is a general comment not direct at one individual.

Very well said, and I don't disagree with your point at all. I like you have been in a hurry and misspelled or misspoke and you pay for it dearly on this site.

With that said, I think taking the approach to remove emotion from difficult debates and hard decisions is what should be done in dealing with the problems of this country. It's a much more difficult task to accomplish than it is to say it though. Remove emotion from any difficult decision and the answers are pretty clear, but let the heart get in the way and things just seem to get more and more complicated. I applaud anyone who has the ability to remove emotion. I know I don't have that ability most of the time.

Trump is not a typical politician and he does not cater to either side of the aisle. He is going to do what he promised. Yes, some issues will be harder to fix than others with Congress being an issue, but sooner or later a lot of the haters are going to realize they have been bamboozoled by the media and that many of the things he is doing is going to benefit them as well as everyone else in America.

Just wait until he starts attacking the inner cities issue. Just look at how the union leaders reacted to meeting with him the other day. Democrats better be very worried right now because if he continues to actually solve real problems and gains the support of their typical voting bases (blacks, unions, etc) they will not be back in power for a long time. If his approval ratings keep going up the Dems will have no choice but to start playing ball with his agenda.

Very well said, and I don't disagree with your point at all. I like you have been in a hurry and misspelled or misspoke and you pay for it dearly on this site.

With that said, I think taking the approach to remove emotion from difficult debates and hard decisions is what should be done in dealing with the problems of this country. It's a much more difficult task to accomplish than it is to say it though. Remove emotion from any difficult decision and the answers are pretty clear, but let the heart get in the way and things just seem to get more and more complicated. I applaud anyone who has the ability to remove emotion. I know I don't have that ability most of the time.
Exactly, I think many of us could sit down have a beer and a great discussion. But the internet takes away, tone, inflection, and of course that look of "aw, I am just messing with you."

thoughts and opinions appear to be written in stone and takes away the "hey, I see what you are saying there" type of interactions.

edit to add: I write most of my posts when taking a break from working and try to kick it out quick - therefore lack of proof reading - I suck, I know it and I don't care :)

Also, I have been an instructor, course-ware developer and manager of training for so long that I really have a hard time writing in anything other than bullet points.

Last edited:
Being reported Scotus has been narrowed down to two with pick coming next week. Gorsuch and Hardiman.

Exactly, I think many of us could sit down have a beer and a great discussion. But the internet takes away, tone, inflection, and of course that look of "aw, I am just messing with you."

thoughts and opinions appear to be written in stone and takes the "hey, I see what you are saying there" type of interactions.

edit to add: I write most of my posts when taking a break from working and try to kick it out quick - therefore lack of proof reading - I suck, I know it and I don't care :)

Also, I have been an instructor, course-ware developer and manager of training for so long that I really have a hard time writing in anything other than bullet points.

Exactly!

I don't put forth much effort when posting on here when it comes to grammar or punctuation. I just don't see the need for it. I think 99% of the stuff on here is some serious trolling, which is always entertaining.

Those of us that do add the "I see what you are saying" are quickly discarded because we don't play the game as it's supposedly meant to be played, I guess.

I'd like to think I would get along with everyone on here in a real setting, however I know there are one or two that I would rather not meet. That's doesn't mean I would meet anyone on here, lol. Message boards are message boards for a reason.

Reactions: augustaky1
Trump is not a typical politician and he does not cater to either side of the aisle. He is going to do what he promised. Yes, some issues will be harder to fix than others with Congress being an issue, but sooner or later a lot of the haters are going to realize they have been bamboozoled by the media and that many of the things he is doing is going to benefit them as well as everyone else in America.

Just wait until he starts attacking the inner cities issue. Just look at how the union leaders reacted to meeting with him the other day. Democrats better be very worried right now because if he continues to actually solve real problems and gains the support of their typical voting bases (blacks, unions, etc) they will not be back in power for a long time. If his approval ratings keep going up the Dems will have no choice but to start playing ball with his agenda.

Agreed!

Of course it could also have the opposite affect as well, and the very far left could dig their heels in even more. The possibility is there that we could have a state or two decide they can do it better without us. We could be looking at a real separation of beliefs in how to live and run a country. It could be very painful for many people, but I think it would benefit everyone to be honest.

Trump to investigate voter fraud. The guy plays the media like a fiddle.

"Trump cheated! Russia hacked our election and rigged the vote for Trump! He's not a legitimate President! We should investigate the election and impeach him!"

Ok, let's investigate the election

"WTF?!? The election was completely fair! There is no reason to believe anything fraudulent happened! Why would he investigate the election?!?!"

People that place structure above content do so because they typically don't have the facts on their side; LEK is a perfect example... and its why I ignore him and others like him.

Life is simply too short to argue with stupid or illogical people.

I thought we were treading a dangerous path when Obama started getting EO crazy. It's created a precedent moving forward that every president will now do the same. We are essentially evolving into term limited dictatorship this way.

EO's are only allowed to make changes or modifications to existing law, new directives can be ordered only if the Executive Branch has jurisdiction. His EO today on the border wall stems from the 2006 Secure Fence Act, which was never funded. So for the wall, he is not "making new law", he just needs Congress to fund it and that hasn't materialized yet.

Last edited:
That's why we're America and and they're Europe. We don't want to be like them, never have. I always find it funny how they feel what's good for them is automatically good for us.

It's because they are all slackers, and dependent on the United States for support. When was the last time a European country led the way in relief efforts that didn't involve the U.S.? We are the rich parents, and they are the spoiled slacker part of the family...hand open always looking for more.

I like most of the stuff Trump is doing right now, but the way he is doing it bother's me some. Never been a fan of overcooking executive order power. Seems like a gray area for a President, this is true for both Obama and Trump. I guess it's the job of Congress to decide.

That's why we're America and and they're Europe. We don't want to be like them, never have. I always find it funny how they feel what's good for them is automatically good for us.

Our country's existence is based off of not wanting to be them.

But Dems love Europe, which is funny considering their absolute hatred for white people.

Last edited:
Madonna says her words were taken out of context and that it was a metaphor...what a coward.
She is like the rest of the entertainment industry. All bark and no bite. When it starts to hit her and/or others in their ratings, pocketbooks, etc. they will be cowards like she is and try to reverse course. They still do not realize the majority of America could give a rats ass what they think and find it disgraceful. This new really radical side of the left is very loud but small in numbers.

Madonna says her words were taken out of context and that it was a metaphor...what a coward.
Taking something out context means we take a line or two out of a statement and judge its meaning based off that. A good example is with the Steelers-Patriots stuff about the Mike Tomlin locker room comments. A Patriots player was asked about it and he said they he didn't think it would happen in their locker room but each team is different and it's not a big deal and that's just how the Steelers operate. Well, the media told Big Ben a Patriots player said that's just how the Steelers operate. The Patriots player's comments were totally innocuous but could be presented in a way to make it look like he was talking shit.

In Madonna's case we can see the video and hear her entire statement. There's no context we're missing. Her comments weren't taking out of context. She just happens to he dumb enough to say she's thought about blowing up the White House while in Washington. I don't think she'd actually do it, but you can't assume that if you're part of protecting our country. Moral of the story, Madonna is an idiot.

Maybe she should concentrate on making good on her promise to give any Hillary voters a BJ. A few million knobs in her mouth might shut her up for a while and serve as appropriate punishment for threatening to blow up the Whitehouse.

She is like the rest of the entertainment industry. All bark and no bite. When it starts to hit her and/or others in their ratings, pocketbooks, etc. they will be cowards like she is and try to reverse course. They still do not realize the majority of America could give a rats ass what they think and find it disgraceful. This new really radical side of the left is very loud but small in numbers.

The left are ALL LIKE THAT. They're bullies but when the spotlight is on them in a negative light like they love to do to others, they fold. Eff them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT