POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glad to hear 82. Prayer is a powerful thing. Prayers sent for you and pops. Hope it all gets better

Thank you. I hate that I am not there. He texted me back so that makes me think he is doing good. And yes I understand that texting is pretty lame, but I didn't call him because I figured he is beat down and didn't want to talk. He had to be AWAKE during the surgery. Figured after that he would want to sleep.

Thank you. I hate that I am not there. He texted me back so that makes me think he is doing good. And yes I understand that texting is pretty lame, but I didn't call him because I figured he is beat down and didn't want to talk. He had to be AWAKE during the surgery. Figured after that he would want to sleep.

earlier this year I was hospitalized for 7 days. I had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel but faith and prayer along with some awesome doctors I pulled through. You are right, pops needs the rest and phone calls can be a pest. Let him have his rest. He will contact you when he feels like it.

earlier this year I was hospitalized for 7 days. I had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel but faith and prayer along with some awesome doctors I pulled through. You are right, pops needs the rest and phone calls can be a pest. Let him have his rest. He will contact you when he feels like it.

yes. Thank you. I have spoken to my mom. figured they would call me when it is important.

Reactions: augustaky1
yes. Thank you. I have spoken to my mom. figured they would call me when it is important.
I think 55 nailed it on the head.

When I have health issues, I prefer one person to interact with, and that person handles interacting with family and friends.

Each person is different, of course. But I think your texting was the way to go at this point.

Rest is key.

Wouldn't that almost inherently exclude the vast majority of girls from playing at the highest levels of basketball, volleyball, swimming, soccer etc unless a separate girls only system was in place like we currently have??
I get what you're saying but the actual implementation of unisex competition could keep a ton of girls from ever getting to play I'm afraid.
At the highest levels? Probably. But there aren’t any 5’ guys in the NBA either and we don’t have a special league just for them. Different people have different abilities and that’s just the way it is. Almost no one plays at those highest levels, be they black, white, Asian, Polynesian, male, female, non-binary, or anything else. Meanwhile girls have to jump through ridiculous hoops just to qualify to play HS football and boys can’t play field hockey at all. We need proper funding and support for a variety of team-building activities rather than just offering a crappy version of baseball to girls where they have to pitch a bigger ball underhanded cause sexists thought women couldn’t hit a ball with a stick.

At the highest levels? Probably. But there aren’t any 5’ guys in the NBA either and we don’t have a special league just for them. Different people have different abilities and that’s just the way it is. Almost no one plays at those highest levels, be they black, white, Asian, Polynesian, male, female, non-binary, or anything else. Meanwhile girls have to jump through ridiculous hoops just to qualify to play HS football and boys can’t play field hockey at all. We need proper funding and support for a variety of team-building activities rather than just offering a crappy version of baseball to girls where they have to pitch a bigger ball underhanded cause sexists thought women couldn’t hit a ball with a stick.
Agree with you about most topics we hit on here but gotta differ on this one. I think you're making perfect the enemy of good but I like your progressive vision for female athletes.

Reactions: Dionysus444
No, but I mean.. I get why the other side is annoyed that the universe is going allow this guy to make like a billion off of this. It's like the bad guy winning at the end of a movie (note: I, personally, don't really think he's a bad guy).

I see the irony of it. A punishment that's not a punishment at all.
Punishment should fit the crime. His comments were hardly a serious crime.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL

Agreed, I think it's silly he should have to sell the franchise (unless it really became a toxic work place).. and further, that people want to find a way to take his profit on the sale.

Also, the sports world is forgetting, he's not some 90 year old owner.. By being forced to sell the franchise early, it means he's going to miss out on what surely would have been monstrous gains in franchise worth over the next decade or two..

It's like someone bet her how many times she could say 'community'

9d8X.gif
So community banks are in the community? You learn something new every day 🙄.

Agree with you about most topics we hit on here but gotta differ on this one. I think you're making perfect the enemy of good but I like your progressive vision for female athletes.
It’s an extremely complicated issue as it covers everything from golf to football, professional to pee wee, which all have different concerns and goals. Viewership of even women’s sports though is dominated by men over 2 to 1. That wouldn’t be the case if women really loved sports. They’d be going crazy in the WNBA stands, painting their faces and screaming bloody murder like the men do now that they have their own league. But they don’t watch it. Because they don’t care. To steal a bit from Bill Burr, what women do you know who can name their top 5 WNBA players all-time? Or even their local WNBA team in their own city? How many women are on these sports forums? Most of us didn’t play, let alone at the very highest levels. The sad truth is that women’s sports only exist as a half-assed way to give women access to something men had. What they really needed were activities of their own that they’d enjoy, not pale imitations of things designed for men. Title IX is a relic from segregation era thinking that while I respect its intentions toward equality was at best misguided. Women deserve equality, not softball. If it’s a no-cut, for-fun league then let it be that, no need for sex segregation. If it’s a serious, competitive league with money concerns then, where applicable, there’ll be weight divisions. Sex never has to be a part of it just like race isn’t.

If he’s racist then that’s his cross to bear. he’s a businessman so if enough of his potential customers don’t approve of his politics or social attitudes then i think his bottom line would reflect that. same for his employees—don’t like the boss—then move on.

As a younger generation has taken over the boardrooms, etc of corporation (big and small) things have become more liberal. That goes without question
But, back in my 'career' days I knew quite a few CEOs, etc of many large companies. If only some of these SJWs could have heard some of the things, jokes, evaluations, etc that I heard, their heads would spin. Back then it was all about results...bottom line. As it should be IMO.

LMAO. Aren’t you one of our so-called ‘moderates’?

Yet you just claimed to agree with a self-identified communist on ‘most topics’

Can you now see why we think of you the way we do?

Not even at the highest levels. Girls would get phased out starting in middle school and most definitely most decent sized high schools.

Also, as one who has a niece active in HS softball…most in the softball community don’t see it the way that you do. They love the sport, can obtain scholarships to college because of it, and have many female role models at the professional level to strive to be like.

LMAO. Aren’t you one of our so-called ‘moderates’?

Yet you just claimed to agree with a self-identified communist on ‘most topics’

Can you now see why we think of you the way we do?
Mostly he’s referring to the jumps from hot button to hot button. Like Trump, Jan 6th, covid. My policy positions aren’t all that far out there when looked at in a vacuum. I just articulate them from a Marxist perspective that most on here revile so they dismiss me out of hand. He’s taken issue with my border and economic takes before on here. And my sports take is definitely out there I readily admit. I’m just taking the long view and extrapolating on down the line rather than focusing on the current moment we find ourselves in. Transgender awareness has brought the issue to the forefront in a way it wasn’t previously and the segregation will continue to be challenged in court. Eventually it will fall.

Not even at the highest levels. Girls would get phased out starting in middle school and most definitely most decent sized high schools.

Also, as one who has a niece active in HS softball…most in the softball community don’t see it the way that you do. They love the sport, can obtain scholarships to college because of it, and have many female role models at the professional level to strive to be like.
Of course they like it better than when they had nothing. That isn’t an endorsement. If they had something that was theirs they’d like that even more. What’s her opinion on softball vs baseball? Is she thrilled she doesn’t have to play crappy baseball? Doubt it. And those scholarships are part of why the tuition that everyone complains about is so high. They should be offered for intellectual ability, not athletic. Same for role models.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT