POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have to value each of those things upon purchase, sale, or inheritance. So that wouldn't be that tough.
So people hold assets for varying lengths of time. How do governments plans around sales periods irregularity?

And people in CA today hold their properties forever & a day b/c they only pay taxes on it at the purchase price. So one buys today & lives next door to someone who bought 10 years ago at a 1/4 the price. Net, the newcomer pays 4x the tax of the other for same house That will go over real big.

There's already an inheritance tax. Make money in life & give to Gov in death. F that.

Seeing stuff like this just reaffirms to me what I thought/posted months ago. Biden was cannon fodder for an election they gave up as lost. Then covid came and they made hay, including getting the major mail in voting changes.

Imo that's why there was that period of time around the primary where it was up in the air if he'd stick around. They could cheat and probably put anyone in the oval, but it was close enough to not taint someone like michelle or kamala. So they ran him with the plan for him to resign soon so kamala just steps up.

Of course it's all moot because either michelle would be directly in the oval or they'd just govern by proxy (Susan rice), which is what they're doing now. Except it's proving messier than they thought.
I think it’s proving to be working better than even they imagined. 😶
They have met no meaningful resistance so far.

Seeing stuff like this just reaffirms to me what I thought/posted months ago. Biden was cannon fodder for an election they gave up as lost. Then covid came and they made hay, including getting the major mail in voting changes.

Imo that's why there was that period of time around the primary where it was up in the air if he'd stick around. They could cheat and probably put anyone in the oval, but it was close enough to not taint someone like michelle or kamala. So they ran him with the plan for him to resign soon so kamala just steps up.

Of course it's all moot because either michelle would be directly in the oval or they'd just govern by proxy (Susan rice), which is what they're doing now. Except it's proving messier than they thought.

good thoughts

you don’t run your best candidate to lose against an incumbent

joe had that John McCain, Bob Dole, Walter Mondale quality about him

then Covid

the week he won the SC primary was the same week the first case of Covid was discovered in NYC (also the week of that tornado near Nashville)

good thoughts

then Covid

the week he won the SC primary was the same week the first case of Covid was discovered in NYC (also the week of that tornado near Nashville)

Joe tweeted in Oct 2019 about the threat of a virus. Which was a weird tweet to be making out of the blue.

The fix was in I think in 2018

Joe tweeted in Oct 2019 about the threat of a virus. Which was a weird tweet to be making out of the blue.

The fix was in I think in 2018

that, too. The whole thing is fishy.

Even if they knew they would win by cheating (and yes, I believe they cheated), I’m not certain they wanted a Michelle O presidency tainted with this

Instead, Obama is back in power, and Joe is the public embarrassment.

This is the new GoP. so sad and pathetic Where opinions and feelings are more important than reality. .....
Too funny. Yes, all independents and conservatives are leaning more heavily on emotion and feeling. Your kind asked that we infuse ourselves with the "scientifically" based Critical Race Theory and other Marxist "scientific" theories, none of which are based on opinion and feelings.

Just his morning, I was in Kroger. I saw a flag and dropped to my knees. I threw my arms into the air and yelled "Help me be less white. Where's the Coke? My hands are up, don't shoot me. "

Then I got up, shoplifted some blunts, and went home.

I feel so much less white now, and so much more like a logical member of the Looney Left.

good thoughts

then Covid

I thought they would use Bernie as the sacrificial lamb this time. To appease his base after they cheated him last time.

However, I think you are right about things changing when COVID hit.

that, too. The whole thing is fishy.

Even if they knew they would win by cheating (and yes, I believe they cheated), I’m not certain they wanted a Michelle O presidency tainted with this

Instead, Obama is back in power, and Joe is the public embarrassment.

Agreed. Bammy is getting his desired "3rd term".

I think as states strengthen their voting laws, this was their one shot.

Last edited:
All the idiots claiming he had the highest support in 60 years were using exit polls released before voting was finished and states had barely started counting. Edison is the Gold standard for presidential exit polling with the caveat that exit polling is a terrible way to try and analyze an election.
That is a GREAT Point. The truckloads of dumped ballots didn't start coming in until 3 or 4 am., so exit polls were meaningless.

Last edited:
So people hold assets for varying lengths of time. How do governments plans around sales periods irregularity?

And people in CA today hold their properties forever & a day b/c they only pay taxes on it at the purchase price. So one buys today & lives next door to someone who bought 10 years ago at a 1/4 the price. Net, the newcomer pays 4x the tax of the other for same house That will go over real big.

There's already an inheritance tax. Make money in life & give to Gov in death. F that.

Same way they deal with long term and short term gains on real estate. This would just replace that.

People can still hold property. It just costs money. Already does via property tax. My version of the wealth tax would just replace capital gains as a way to encourage buying and selling. Transacting is better for the economy than holding.

Estate taxes are much more concern than inheritance taxes. But anyone with the net worth to worry about an estate tax currently has plenty enough buying power to pay professionals to craft solutions around them. My version of wealth tax would replace all that by getting rid of the estate tax and ignore all those legally fictitious vehicles.

good thoughts

then Covid

I’m still amazed at how quickly the Democrats coalesced and closed ranks around Biden after that SC primary.

Libs & their craziness:

"You can't have green energy without mining," Mark Senti, chief executive of Florida-based rare earth magnet company Advanced Magnet Lab Inc. "That's just the reality.""

"There is no way there's enough raw materials being produced right now to start replacing millions of gasoline-powered motor vehicles with EVs," said Lewis Black, CEO of Almonty Industries Inc, which mines the hardening metal tungsten in Portugal and South Korea."

Last September, in the arid hills of northern Nevada, a cluster of flowers found nowhere else on earth died mysteriously overnight. Conservationists were quick to suspect ioneer Ltd, an Australian firm that wants to mine the lithium that lies beneath the flowers for use in electric vehicle (EV) batteries.

One conservation group alleged in a lawsuit that the flowers, known as Tiehm's buckwheat, were "dug up and destroyed." The rare plant posed a problem for ioneer because U.S. officials may soon add it to the Endangered Species List, which could scuttle the mining project.

Ioneer denies harming the flowers. Their cause of death remains hotly debated - as does the fate of the lithium mine.

The clash of environmental priorities underpinning the battle over Tiehm's buckwheat - conservation vs. green energy - is a microcosm of a much larger political quandary for the new administration of President Joe Biden, who has made big promises to environmentalists as well as labor groups and others who stand to benefit by boosting mining."

Just this morning AOC said there is "no battle over Tiehm's buckwheat - conservation vs. green energy." She said "People is so stupid. Flinstone cars don't need no batteries."

EvbB5S7WYAEeHKN

Trump really is heroin to CNN

I was at the gym earlier this evening, and on my exercise machine TV screen I switched from Fox to CNN during a commercial break.

Erin Burnett was talking about how DJT and Melania had received the Covid vaccine while in the WH back in January, “and why are we just now finding out about this?”, she asked indignantly before going to a commercial, which I assume was going to be covered after the break.

Just really sad and pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT