ADVERTISEMENT

Player that frustrated you the most?

Jan 27, 2023
Let’s leave Keion out of this one because he’s been discussed enough recently.

What UK player most frustrated you for either not living up to their potential or not living up to their hype? (Leave Sharpe out too)

The first name that comes to my mind is Poythress. I think he stands above others in my mind because I genuinely liked the guy. I wanted him to be as good as he occasionally showed that he could be.

As far as players that came in with a lot of hype and completely flopped, Rasshad Carruth. I’m sure Askew and Skal will be names still burning on a lot fans tongues.

Reactions: cat tat2 and Lazlo7
Can’t believe it hasn’t been said but Isaiah Briscoe.

Can’t count how many times he stepped on either the baseline or side line. Omg.

Runner up, but I love him, Nick Richards. Again. Can’t count how many bunnies he missed that made me yell “You’re killing me Nick!”

Isaiah Briscoe
How many times a game would he dribble the baseline, only to step out of bounds??
2 times a game?
3 times??

Hon. Mention
Saul Smith
Tom Heitz (that is, when he would get to play)

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Let’s leave Keion out of this one because he’s been discussed enough recently.

What UK player most frustrated you for either not living up to their potential or not living up to their hype? (Leave Sharpe out too)

The first name that comes to my mind is Poythress. I think he stands above others in my mind because I genuinely liked the guy. I wanted him to be as good as he occasionally showed that he could be.

As far as players that came in with a lot of hype and completely flopped, Rasshad Carruth. I’m sure Askew and Skal will be names still burning on a lot fans tongues.
The small forward from Arkansas about 6-7 years ago-name slips my mind..he was sipposed to be the 2nd coming of Mashburn. He had moments but never bloomed thoroughly--imo

I'll throw in Marvin Stone (RIP). 5th ranked recruit in the nation, looked like a stud, but had no hands.

Reactions: JDHoss
That's a tough one. We all knew the 'why', and that he was limited. But the kid seemed to give everything he had every min he had a Kentucky jersey on. I respect him for that.
No kid has fought and hustled at UK more than Saul Smith and I have been watching UK since 78.
We can debate his skill level and whether or not he should have been on the team, but we'd have more national championships with Calipari if some of his recruited MCD All Americans hustled like Saul.

And I played against him when he had been gone from UK a couple of years and was amazed at the athlete he still was. Strong and fast as a cheetah. Made me wonder how awesome elite point guards actually are.

A lot of good ones mentioned but I'm gonna go with James Blackmon. He was a stud in HS and a Micky Ds AA. He had some good moments for us, but I thought he would be so much better.
Speaking of which, whatever happened to his son. He went to IU and has disappeared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT