ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino still has Kentucky on his mind.

Catswin9

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2015
@RealPitino

Kentucky has the great Drake, but the Johnnies are going Uptown with Mr n Mrs. Met.
⚾️
😂
F1W-_peXwAIPrGC

He looks genuinely happy in that photo. Good for him. My first Big Blue Maddness was him in a wearing a sweatsuit, wind breaker material, and They played Mostermash really loud then Mashburn came walking in. First time I saw anything Kentucky. That place went fu@#$%^ nuts. I mean Nuts. To the point it was permanently etched into my DNA aswell as my soul. I screamed with those people and my uncle who brought me. I was maybe 10 years old. I lived on Magna Oak Dr, Buckhorn area in Lexington. It was powerful. Point is. Pitino is my guy. Yes he went to Louisville. So what. We kicked his head in every year... And Yes I would take him back...

He looks genuinely happy in that photo. Good for him. My first Big Blue Maddness was him in a wearing a sweatsuit, wind breaker material, and They played Mostermash really loud then Mashburn came walking in. First time I saw anything Kentucky. That place went fu@#$%^ nuts. I mean Nuts. To the point it was permanently etched into my DNA aswell as my soul. I screamed with those people and my uncle who brought me. I was maybe 10 years old. I lived on Magna Oak Dr, Buckhorn area in Lexington. It was powerful. Point is. Pitino is my guy. Yes he went to Louisville. So what. We kicked his head in every year... And Yes I would take him back...
CXp_ZOJWcAAA2BX.0.jpg

He likes you too

The Johnnies have room for you

Whats wrong with reacting to people that scream cuss words and say you suck for 2 hours? I don't know why UK fans always bring up the bird flip. The fans wanted a reaction, they got one.....and now they want to cry about it.
Because it was as Rupp. Had he done that at Yum, no one would've cared. You don't flip off the fan base/place that gave you a huge leg up. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man.....but of course we know that isn't true about Pitino at all.

I actually hope Pitino ends his career there on a high note. Despite a few ugly moments between UK and Rick in the past, he did so much for our program, I can't wish him ill.
The flipping the bird, not a PEEP about Joe B's passing, and then not even making a video for his team's reunion? Dude HATES UK atm. And that is sad.

I think if he were to apologize for the bird (he didn't and hasn't but denied he even did it) it would go a long way to healing the relationship.

He dumped us, it wasn't the other way around. Then couldn't crack it with the big leauges. Then started dating lil' bro so to speak. I won't wish him ill but I don't have to like him currently.

Whats wrong with reacting to people that scream cuss words and say you suck for 2 hours? I don't know why UK fans always bring up the bird flip. The fans wanted a reaction, they got one.....and now they want to cry about it.
it was response to a poster that said Pitino is still his guy and loves the dude

but sense you chimed in...
I'm sure that behavior is actually considered honorably in some areas, but not the vast majority...

How many other coaches have you seen flip off a hostile crowd?
I'll hang up and listen...

The flipping the bird, not a PEEP about Joe B's passing, and then not even making a video for his team's reunion? Dude HATES UK atm. And that is sad.

I think if he were to apologize for the bird (he didn't and hasn't but denied he even did it) it would go a long way to healing the relationship.

He dumped us, it wasn't the other way around. Then couldn't crack it with the big leauges. Then started dating lil' bro so to speak. I won't wish him ill but I don't have to like him currently.
Yeah, people need to let Pitino go. He doesn’t care about UK or the fans. Respect what he did here, could care less what he does these days. UK owes him nothing, and there’s no reason to try and mend it.

He couldn’t even bother to do a quick video for the 96 and 97 teams, but did one for the 13 UL team. I lived in Louisville during his time there, and that was enough of him for me.

He's not going to win at St John's any more than he won at Iona. He started cheating to try and keep up with Cal. Then had to leave the country to get a job. He took Iona because they were the only ones dumb enough to hire him. He played that into a New Yawk retirement job.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I do not hate Rick. I do not judge Rick. I have done a lot of stupid shit in my life. Some I would have never thought I’d do, and some I don’t even know how I got into it. He’s made some mistakes. We all have. I’m not saying I love the dude, but I will hold judgment and just be happy he’s not here.

Well, I'd say this is a step up from inviting hookers to dinner! So, way to go Rick! Hopefully, he didn't impregnate Mrs Met in 15 seconds on the table after this photo. So, morally, he seems to be on the upswing. Good job RP. Keep your thing in your pants and your hooker money to yourself and you'll be on track to respectability in no time. 👍👍

@RealPitino

Kentucky has the great Drake, but the Johnnies are going Uptown with Mr n Mrs. Met.
⚾️
😂
F1W-_peXwAIPrGC
You obviously have Pitino on your mind. We go to a rapper's house, St. John's goes to a Mets game, and you are convinced they are copying us? You are too worried about Rick. Sounds like you are the one worried about what someone is doing.

You obviously have Pitino on your mind. We go to a rapper's house, St. John's goes to a Mets game, and you are convinced they are copying us? You are too worried about Rick. Sounds like you are the one worried about what someone is doing.
Put
The
Pipe

Down

• Haha
Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
Well UK is his Hot Ex Wife soooo
I can't imagine anyone that's living with as much regret that Pitino has for leaving Kentucky. When Dick Vitale told him that he would have more wins than Mike Krzyzewski if he would have stayed at UK. You know that this eats at him every day, him believing that he would have 5/6/7 national championships and over 1,100 wins. If he would have stayed here. He would be on the Mount Rushmore of men's college basketball coaches along side Wooden, Rupp & Krzyzewski.

Because it was as Rupp. Had he done that at Yum, no one would've cared. You don't flip off the fan base/place that gave you a huge leg up. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man.....but of course we know that isn't true about Pitino at all.
UK gave Pitino a huge leg up? Wrong. Pitino resurrected the freaking program. He WAS UK. Had he stayed at UK and had the talent that Cal has had, we're not sitting here as a former winningest program of all time, and multiple additional NCAA titles. He was egged on and on in that game, probably by people who used to claim to be his fans. He's one of THE most competitive coaches that ever lived. Unlike our coach who's happy with 2 bigs and Ellen's cookies. Wish the man well, be thankful for what he did for UK instead of trying to save face for whatever.

UK gave Pitino a huge leg up? Wrong. Pitino resurrected the freaking program. He WAS UK. Had he stayed at UK and had the talent that Cal has had, we're not sitting here as a former winningest program of all time, and multiple additional NCAA titles. He was egged on and on in that game, probably by people who used to claim to be his fans. He's one of THE most competitive coaches that ever lived. Unlike our coach who's happy with 2 bigs and Ellen's cookies. Wish the man well, be thankful for what he did for UK instead of trying to save face for whatever.

This is complete and total bullish*t. Please for the love of everything Blue, please GTFO our board and take all your other closeted Pitino-lovers with you. I mean I read on here daily about Cal-lovers but I feel the overwhelming majority of those who are labeled that love whoever is the coach of UK at that particular time.

With Pitino those clowns come flat out and say they love him still.

No coach is UK. Stfu

I can't imagine anyone that's living with as much regret that Pitino has for leaving Kentucky. When Dick Vitale told him that he would have more wins than Mike Krzyzewski if he would have stayed at UK. You know that this eats at him every day, him believing that he would have 5/6/7 national championships and over 1,100 wins. If he would have stayed here. He would be on the Mount Rushmore of men's college basketball coaches along side Wooden, Rupp & Krzyzewski.

That 100% would not have happened.

Winning national titles are hard. To think a coach would magically win 5 to 7 in the past 26 years is crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: SosaUK1987
Pitino’s recruiting was falling off as evidenced by his botching of Ray Allen. It was well known he had roving eyes and wasn’t happy with Lex and was going to leave. Killed his recruiting by talking to NBA teams.
He wouldn’t have brought enough talent to UK to win. He knew it and bolted. Also botched a title in ot vs Arizona and of course lost the chance of another title not guarding the inbounds with Duke.
He wasn’t going to win another title. Would not have been popular in Lex with his future behavior.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SosaUK1987
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT