ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino still has Kentucky on his mind.

UK gave Pitino a huge leg up? Wrong. Pitino resurrected the freaking program. He WAS UK. Had he stayed at UK and had the talent that Cal has had, we're not sitting here as a former winningest program of all time, and multiple additional NCAA titles. He was egged on and on in that game, probably by people who used to claim to be his fans. He's one of THE most competitive coaches that ever lived. Unlike our coach who's happy with 2 bigs and Ellen's cookies. Wish the man well, be thankful for what he did for UK instead of trying to save face for whatever.
Utter freaking horse manure. Outside of Rupp, NO coach has been UK. Only Rupp has that claim, and even HE isn't UK. So certainly not Rick. Yes, he helped resurrect the program. But because of that he gained national attention. So, without doing that, I doubt Rick gets to anywhere without that.

"had he stayed" But he didn't. And we didn't force him out. His selfish ass left us. After implying he wouldn't. That's fine, whatever. But you don't go to the next level, suck, and then come back and coach freaking Louisville, and expect things to be hunky-dorey.

Again, the reasons I listed show he has no love for us. I thank him for his time here and what he did for UK. But that Rick died a long long time ago.

Pitino’s recruiting was falling off as evidenced by his botching of Ray Allen. It was well known he had roving eyes and wasn’t happy with Lex and was going to leave. Killed his recruiting by talking to NBA teams.
He wouldn’t have brought enough talent to UK to win. He knew it and bolted. Also botched a title in ot vs Arizona and of course lost the chance of another title not guarding the inbounds with Duke.
He wasn’t going to win another title. Would not have been popular in Lex with his future behavior.
I'm not sure, but it is curious that after he left UK he was never the same. And you're right, he's technically never won another title.

Makes you wonder if what happened at Louisville would eventually happened here if he had stayed.

Reactions: KFuqua
I'm not sure, but it is curious that after he left UK he was never the same. And you're right, he's technically never won another title.

Makes you wonder if what happened at Louisville would eventually happened here if he had stayed.

It was happening here, it just wasn’t common knowledge to everyone. He didn’t just suddenly start with the behavior that surfaced at U of L.

Reactions: Blueaz and KFuqua
CXp_ZOJWcAAA2BX.0.jpg

He likes you too
God only knows what was being yelled at him as he walked out.

Pitino has a great basketball mind. But, he also has a massive ego (much like Calipari). Over time that ego has to be fed. It caused him to think he could win big in Boston. It caused him to play fast and loose with the rules at UofL. If he could have reined in his ego and focused on the one thing he is good at, his life might have gone differently.
He will win at St. John's because he is the best coach they will have had since Little Louie. And there is a huge talent pool right in in the Johnnie's backyard.
I despise the guy but, the reality is he is a helluva coach.

Whats wrong with reacting to people that scream cuss words and say you suck for 2 hours? I don't know why UK fans always bring up the bird flip. The fans wanted a reaction, they got one.....and now they want to cry about it.
Because people nowadays are SOFT. we got people getting butthurt because some dude they don't know flipped the bird at them. Not even them, just in their general direction. lol. Yall act like you've never flipped anyone off or been flipped off before. Don't be such a snowflake people.

Pitino thought he was bigger than UK

When the realization he was no where near that level hit him... he still hasn't recovered.

He should have never left here
He left for money. Probably should not have. But he'd make another money driven decision tomorrow. Most of us would as well. I know It's not popular to give props to Cal, ever. but he has shown more loyalty to kentucky than pitino ever did.

Because people nowadays are SOFT. we got people getting butthurt because some dude they don't know flipped the bird at them. Not even them, just in their general direction. lol. Yall act like you've never flipped anyone off or been flipped off before. Don't be such a snowflake people.
I wasn't offended. But it is distasteful, especially when you used to be part of that family so to speak.

And how is Pitino "some dude they don't know". He's literally one of the most well known figures in UK history and in CBB.

That would be like someone claiming to be a huge Metallica fan and not recognizing Lars Ulrich. Or being a huge rock fan and not recognizing Slash from Guns & Roses.

God only knows what was being yelled at him as he walked out.
just like hundreds of coaches and players in hostile environments every year, but I have never seen another coach flip off the crowd,

Poor RP he is such a victim and he is so lucky to have people defend his narcissistic ass... I guess his gaslighting has worked

UK gave Pitino a huge leg up? Wrong. Pitino resurrected the freaking program. He WAS UK. 1. Had he stayed at UK and had the talent that Cal has had, we're not sitting here as a former winningest program of all time, and multiple additional NCAA titles. 2, He was egged on and on in that game, probably by people who used to claim to be his fans. He's one of THE most competitive coaches that ever lived. Unlike our coach who's happy with 2 bigs and Ellen's cookies. Wish the man well, be thankful for what he did for UK instead of trying to save face for whatever.
1, Yep he left us... but yet you still pine

cf7fcc83-bddb-4a8f-94f9-aa129360fd14_text.gif

CXp_ZOJWcAAA2BX.0.jpg

He likes you too
If it was me I would have gave us two middle fingers. Should have herd the things said to him. Most of it was proven to be his staff. I believe him. He came forward to the FBI when he was guilty or wrong for his actions, and owned them publicly. Not easy to do. If people cheered him for what he did here(including lose every game) then he probably would have waved and smiled. Do you nor like Pitino? I mean is there a better coach? He never had big time players. Except here. Look what he did with it. Best team that ever did it. St. John's has a hungry version of him that I'm interested in watching. NYC, Pitino. Sounds like a winner

• Haha
St Johns would be a good game to add to the schedule and play it every year in Louisville

If it was me I would have gave us two middle fingers. Should have herd the things said to him. Most of it was proven to be his staff. I believe him. He came forward to the FBI when he was guilty or wrong for his actions, and owned them publicly. Not easy to do. If people cheered him for what he did here(including lose every game) then he probably would have waved and smiled. Do you nor like Pitino? I mean is there a better coach? He never had big time players. Except here. Look what he did with it. Best team that ever did it. St. John's has a hungry version of him that I'm interested in watching. NYC, Pitino. Sounds like a winner
lolfl... he "came" forward because he was being extorted...lol

no, you right... he has never done anything wrong, he is a great human being.
He never lied, never had a title stripped, never had hookers for players and players' dads, never paid for an abortion, never cheated on his wife, never convinced a friend to marry a woman he impregnated, never put down fans while at UK, etc... the dude is a gosh dern saint. build the motherfcuker a statue

• Love
it was response to a poster that said Pitino is still his guy and loves the dude

but sense you chimed in...
I'm sure that behavior is actually considered honorably in some areas, but not the vast majority...

How many other coaches have you seen flip off a hostile crowd?
I'll hang up and listen...
Must be the weaker types who get upset at getting flipped off.
Ive been going to Rupp Arena since the Sutton days and ive never seen a coach tormented as much as Pitino. Not just a few crass phrases, it was always the entire game. Extremely mean spirited. The fan base begged for a reaction, they begged for his acknowledgment, and they got it. And now they want to cry "He's classless" because of it...gimme a break..

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Because it was as Rupp. Had he done that at Yum, no one would've cared. You don't flip off the fan base/place that gave you a huge leg up. Sometimes you have to be the bigger man.....but of course we know that isn't true about Pitino at all.
So its ok for a 50 year old man to yell "Sit down you fu%$ing pu^%y slime ball" for 2 hours, but God forbid the other man flips him in the bird?
The crowd taunted and chit on him every possible moment, begging for a reaction from him.....and now the Karens are upset he reacted.

I was at that game and i promise you, flipping the bird was church music compared to what a handful yelled at him 15 feet away.

The fact you’re defending him thing gloating about it makes me question your mentality level as well
First of all, speak English please. You lost me a bit there. Secondly, I’m not defending him, simply adding perspective. He just lost and was getting vile things said to him I’m sure. No one is mad about that. All part of it, and I agree, but why be butt hurt over his “in the moment response?”

Y’all keep crying and being bitter though lol. He’s living rent free in your heads. Pure weakness.

So its ok for a 50 year old man to yell "Sit down you fu%$ing pu^%y slime ball" for 2 hours, but God forbid the other man flips him in the bird?
The crowd taunted and chit on him every possible moment, begging for a reaction from him.....and now the Karens are upset he reacted.

I was at that game and i promise you, flipping the bird was church music compared to what a handful yelled at him 15 feet away.
I bet that 50 had a very sore throat after two hours for RP to hear him the whole time and where were the blue jackets... again boo hoo for you and Rick

Nah. I just like to see things for what they are and not through big blue pussy goggles. Rick has made plenty of mistakes, but he saved our asses back in the day. Don’t forget that.
nah, you are just blinded by nuts... RP was never a good person, b4 UK, while at UK... nor anytime after. I don't worship people just because they've won two national titles, but hey... you do you

You three posters should really get a saferoom; and you can boo hoo to each other, and do whatever else you like to make yourselves feel ok.

just like hundreds of coaches and players in hostile environments every year, but I have never seen another coach flip off the crowd,

Poor RP he is such a victim and he is so lucky to have people defend his narcissistic ass... I guess his gaslighting has

lolfl... he "came" forward because he was being extorted...lol

no, you right... he has never done anything wrong, he is a great human being.
He never lied, never had a title stripped, never had hookers for players and players' dads, never paid for an abortion, never cheated on his wife, never convinced a friend to marry a woman he impregnated, never put down fans while at UK, etc... the dude is a gosh dern saint. build the motherfcuker a statue
Not saying any of that.

The flipping the bird never bothered me, it wasn’t a great look for a coach though, but it’s whatever. I mean, I’m sure Cal has had just as worse thrown at him on the road. It was more Pitino’s constant pot shots at UK while he was at UL that turned me off of him.

If this board didn’t post his every move, I wouldn’t know anything he’s up to nowadays.

So answer me this, which one was the paid professional and leader of young men in that situation?

So answer me this, which one was the paid professional and leader of young men in that situation?
So whoever gets paid shouldnt have the ability to say anything back to the 50-100 men demoralizing his wife or players? That makes a lot of sense. Sure are a lot of rules some of you like to add when it comes to class.

So whoever gets paid shouldnt have the ability to say anything back to the 50-100 men demoralizing his wife or players? That makes a lot of sense. Sure are a lot of rules some of you like to add when it comes to class.

That's the equivalent of "Well he started it!" Two wrongs don't make a right. Never have and never will.

The professional (i.e. the highly paid college basketball coach) should act like a professional. And not stoop to the level of the morons in the crowd.

And yes there are a lot of rules and nuances in social situations. World isn't black and white.

I bet that 50 had a very sore throat after two hours for RP to hear him the whole time and where were the blue jackets... again boo hoo for you and Rick
No reason to jump to conclusions just because your argument doesn't have legs. Certain fans kept riding him the whole game, begging for a reaction, they got one.

Im not a UL fan, but i did think it was funny he flipped the bird. Just shows we finally wore him down and he broke character. Win Win.

That's the equivalent of "Well he started it!" Two wrongs don't make a right. Never have and never will.

And yes there are a lot of rules and nuances in social situations. World isn't black and white.
As i said, the goal of disgruntled vocal fans is to get a reaction. They got the reaction and now a few want to pull a Karen and cry about it.

As i said, the goal of disgruntled vocal fans is to get a reaction. They got the reaction and now a few want to pull a Karen and cry about it.
And the goal of a professional college basketball coach should be to be the bigger person and ignore it.

Heck, what's worse is he lied about doing it. Flat out lied when asked.

Remember in "To Kill a Mockingbird" when Bob Yule spit on Atticus? Atticus would've been well within his rights to slug him. He didn't, he knew that's what Yule wanted. Instead he walks away and make Yule look like the horrible human he is.

Had Rick walked away and not responded, the morons yelling at him would've looked awful. Instead Rick once again showed what an awful human he is.

That 100% would not have happened.

Winning national titles are hard. To think a coach would magically win 5 to 7 in the past 26 years is crazy.

I agree. It's dumb as hell when ppl say he would've won X number of titles or broke UCLAs record like it was just as simple as showing up. He would've won alot of games and done some good things, but every coach has a cooling off period and get comfortable at some point like he did after he got to Louisville and got it back to winning and then once he got to a FF in 2005 it seem like he just got somewhat comfortable. Then, picked it back up once Calipari showed up in the bluegrass. He still a hell of a coach. I don't worship him, but I dont hate him either. It is what it is.

He looks genuinely happy in that photo. Good for him. My first Big Blue Maddness was him in a wearing a sweatsuit, wind breaker material, and They played Mostermash really loud then Mashburn came walking in. First time I saw anything Kentucky. That place went fu@#$%^ nuts. I mean Nuts. To the point it was permanently etched into my DNA aswell as my soul. I screamed with those people and my uncle who brought me. I was maybe 10 years old. I lived on Magna Oak Dr, Buckhorn area in Lexington. It was powerful. Point is. Pitino is my guy. Yes he went to Louisville. So what. We kicked his head in every year... And Yes I would take him back...
That midnight madness was on Halloween. We played LSU in football then went to memorial. That was an epic night!!

Reactions: Riddickulis
Easy W!!!
Do you really think that'd be an easy W? I don't know about that. That'd be a dangerous game. I know Cal went 8-2 while at UK against Pitino at UofL but it might not be the same now. I think Cal would be better off to quit while he still ahead. I'm not as convinced that UK could get a guaranteed W over the Johnnie's. However, if they wanted to play I'd hate NOT to play, but I wouldn't just be out crusading and looking for it if I were Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT