ADVERTISEMENT

Lineup I'd love to see moving forward with minute distribution

$Z71$

Junior
Nov 14, 2002
Bluegrass State
This is what I'd like to see Cal implement moving forward. Reed and Dilly could be swapped and it would still work. Also if by chance Z or UGO have foul trouble Bradshaw or Mitchell would need to cover those minutes.

Reed- 28
Reeves - 30
Edwards- 22
Thiero- 18
Ugo- 22

First off bench
Dilly- 28
Z- 15
Mitchell (if/when healthy) - 22
Wagner- 15

Used sparingly
Burks
Bradshaw

If he will make needed lineup changes this team has a legitimate shot to make some noise.

Last edited:
This is what I'd like to see Cal implement moving forward. Reed and Dilly could be swapped and it would still work. Also if by chance Z or UGO have foul trouble Bradshaw or Mitchell would need to cover those minutes.

Reed- 28
Reeves - 30
Edwards- 22
Thiero- 18
Ugo- 22

First off bench
Dilly- 28
Z- 15
Wagner- 15

Used sparingly
Burks
Bradshaw

If he will make needed lineup changes this team has a legitimate shot to make some noise.
Thiero has done a great job but if healthy I want Mitchell to start.

Reactions: will1976

Reed- 28
Reeves - 30
Edwards- 22
Thiero- 18
Ugo- 22

First off bench
Dilly- 28
Z- 15
Wagner- 15

Used sparingly
Burks
Bradshaw

Should be game by game. Ugo gave us nothing today, so no, he shouldn't be getting 20+ minutes when he's not making an impact on the game. Ugo is better suited against more physical teams.

Once Mitchell is back I think it's game dependent on if or how much we need Z or Ugo. We really can't rebound much worse than we have so might as well play Mitchell at the 5. Only downside would be no shot blocker on the floor which again I think is dependent on the game.

I want to see more of Edwards at the 4 no matter what. Edwards at the 4 improves our defense may be the key to unlocking his offense via a matchup he can take advantage of.

Bradshaw should only play due to an injury or foul trouble even then we may be better off with Burks.

Wagner isn't 100% he should only be used to give Reed, Reeves and Rob a breather until he is 100%.

Either way locking this rotation down going into the tournament is a must. Guys needs to have consistent roles so they know exactly what their role is.

Reed- 28
Reeves - 30
Edwards- 22
Thiero- 18
Ugo- 22

First off bench
Dilly- 28
Z- 15
Wagner- 15

Used sparingly
Burks
Bradshaw

I’ll stick with the nuclear 5 . Did you even watch the game today

It will be the downfall of us in March. If he does.

He needs to sit and get his ankle 100%.

I admire his toughness but he hasn't been the same since the injury. The next 3 games are the time to do it. He isnt gonna help UK beat msu and we don't need him against Arkansas and candy at home.

Reactions: Tubbyfan78

Reed- 28
Reeves - 30
Edwards- 22
Thiero- 18
Ugo- 22

First off bench
Dilly- 28
Z- 15
Wagner- 15

Used sparingly
Burks
Bradshaw

I’m not so sure about Mitchell anymore. If he doesn’t play with any fire, then he’s useless

Agreed, but Cal is deadass set on playing DJ 20+ mpg. I just don’t see that changing.
In the last 3 weeks, Wagner is shooting 16% 9-46 and a big fat 0% behind the arc 0-15.

What's worse, most of those 9 makes were point blank layups...obviously he needs to be 7th or 8th off the bench and red lighted on any triple - but daddy was promised...so earned not given doesn't mean shit.

I’m not so sure about Mitchell anymore. If he doesn’t play with any fire, then he’s useless
He's not useless, playing with fire is not the issue with him but getting healthy. It is the same dude that held his own without foul trouble throughout most of the non-conference schedule without any of the 7 footers, the only real front court option this team had. At this point the way Edwards is playing, Cal utilizing him at the 4 then I would have Tre coming off the bench. An upperclassmen stretch 4 is something the Cats have been missing for years and still glad he is on this team.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
We’re not winning wiithout DJ playing.

The line up I want to see is the one that Cal thinks gives us the best chance to win.

Reactions: Tubbyfan78
We're not winning a title or even going to a final 4 if DJ doesn't get back to where he was before the injury. the ability to penetrate opens up so much for the shooters. It helps that Rob has become a guy that can go get a bucket but DJ will still be crucial if we want this to end how we want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT