ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim on Hart…

See Sheppard as a pure 2 in college.
Could be right, but need to see him against high level competition. I think he looked like a pretty good distributor when called on. If he doesn't grow anymore he's more of a mismatch against 1's than 2's.

All depends on how he translates to this level. Best version of him at his size is a PG.

Reactions: G-PIP and Mike-D
Could be right, but need to see him against high level competition. I think he looked like a pretty good distributor when called on. If he doesn't grow anymore he's more of a mismatch against 1's than 2's.

All depends on how he translates to this level. Best version of him at his size is a PG.

I just see these good SEC defenders salivating with dudes like Shep and Hart on the ball. I'd much rather get them in catch and shoot situations, or quickly off the bounce.

If a kid comes in as a tier 1 player, to a school that gets those kind of guys every year, and they realize they might be a tier 2 player, they wanna move on to somewhere tier 2 players get more playing time and are prized.

If a kid comes in as a tier 2/3 player, to a school that gets tier 1 players yearly, and they think they can compete for time against those guys and realize they can't then they wanna move on to a school where tier 2/3 players get more playing time and are prized.

No one wants to ride the pine.
And it stinks.

Remember the days of kids coming in and being good practice players as Freshmen, developing into role players as Sophomores, and then being major contributors or even stars by their Junior and Senior year? Guys like Darius Miller, WCS, Derek Willis, Dom Hawkins, and Nick Richards in the not so distant past.

With NIL and instant eligibility transfers in the portal, that looks to be a thing of the past.

That is a shame, because it kills your continuity. You basically have new teams every year and never any carry over.

So you might have experience, but it’s not guys that have been on the team for 3-4 years, it’s portal players who have been playing in someone else’s system for 3-4 years.

Hard to build consistency like that.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Shepard more polished, Hart has a higher ceiling. I would guess Shep more minutes at first, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if Hart ends up with more by the end of the season or next year.
In your opinion, how is Sheperd more polished? What areas is he ?

I know and he's cost us most likely 2 more titles. Very good coach overall in his career. The greatest recruiter ever, but sucks at what will be best for our program. His job is to coach put Kentucky in the best interest but he sucks at that.
I agree it should be that. But it’s not.

Nor has it been since he’s been here. And he said it from day 1.

Cal hasn’t lied to anyone. He said his job was players first at his initial press conference.

I’m ready for a program first coach. Even if he’s not as good as Cal.

Cal can work his magic somewhere else. And he will if he were to leave.

But Cal is not going anywhere. And Cal will not be fired.

So I wish the best for him here.

In your opinion, how is Sheperd more polished? What areas is he ?
Shephard has a better handle and better passer. Hart better shooter and better playing off the ball. They are really different players and can compliment each other. Hart has some things in terms of size, length and athleticism that can’t be taught. By all accounts they both have tremendous work ethics and should be strong roster pieces for the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT