ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl crying tears of happiness while Cal

Aaaaaand cal still has a higher seed with a win on their home court.

The mental gymnastics you guys use to bash cal on any and everything while simultaneously sucking off others who have done nothing comparable to cal is hilarious.

It should be taken seriously instead of making excuses.
Yes! My point exactly. You made that sound so simple. It's def fine if they don't win the SEC T every tournament every year but at least show up to win a game or two in it every once in awhile instead of taking the "it ain't important approach" so it doesn't matter. Besides.. when you lose a game at KY thats when the attitude and the feel of everything changes with the fans. It just creates doubt about what they can do in the next tournament that supposedly"counts".

Not defending Cal here, the SEC tournament is not the goal.
Maybe not the "goal" but why does Cal make it seem like it's wrong to go there, do well and even win it? We have 8 NCAA championships of those 6 times we were in the final game of the SEC tournament and the other 2 there wasn't an SEC tournament. Playing well here isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean that it's an automatic loss in the NCAA tournament.

Mitch should've found a way to call Pearl a couple years ago. I'd take him over Cal in a heartbeat. Pearl would've been a perfect fit for Kentucky and BBN.
Calipari signed his big "lifetime" contract in July of 2019. He was coming off a 30-7 season and a loss to Pearl and Auburn in OT in the regional final. The season before that, he lost to UCONN in the national championship game. If UK had fired Cal and replaced him with Pearl (and Pearl's lying to the NCAA history) at that juncture, we would have been ridiculed around the country.

Not defending Cal here, the SEC tournament is not the goal.
Cal's attitude is smug and entitled and filled with deflection. He's a liar. He should use the SEC tournament to experiment with different lineups and teaching moments with the goal to actually win instead of planting seeds of apathy in the heads of his players that leads to loss. From him, these players learn that losing is OK and acceptable. So, he enters the NCAA tournament off a loss ... the last thing his team remembers ... and that's OK with Cal. For Cal ... there is no pride for him in coaching this Program. He's here to simply use it for reasons BBN doesn't care about.

Last edited:
Calipari signed his big "lifetime" contract in July of 2019. He was coming off a 30-7 season and a loss to Pearl and Auburn in OT in the regional final. The season before that, he lost to UCONN in the national championship game. If UK had fired Cal and replaced him with Pearl (and Pearl's lying to the NCAA history) at that juncture, we would have been ridiculed around the country.
You aren't wrong. But I said "a couple years", not five. Semantics, yes, but valid. A lot of disappointment has happened in the difference in our time frames.

All of it probably wouldn't matter, right now, if not for the lifetime contract.

Maybe not the "goal" but why does Cal make it seem like it's wrong to go there, do well and even win it? We have 8 NCAA championships of those 6 times we were in the final game of the SEC tournament and the other 2 there wasn't an SEC tournament. Playing well here isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean that it's an automatic loss in the NCAA tournament.
Whatever Cal does in his life ... it has to be easy.

I'm not the world's most competitive guy, but when I play any game, I set out to win. If I don't care about winning, I don't play. This is the fundamental flaw with Cal. He doesn't care about winning at all. He has other priorities. That's fine, just get the hell out of sports then. You're extremely rich, use your money to help people if that's what is important to you. All these players you put in the NBA? Hate to break it to you but they were going pro anyway. And there's arguments to be made that some of them would have been higher draft picks without you.

Reactions: know1 and Ugoff
Yeah, he made a final 4 at Auburn…..that in of itself is an amazing accomplishment!
We got a terrible draw but Pearl will embrace it and use it as motivation. For all the Bruce hate, he is a great and passionate guy. He has tried to model Auburn after Kentucky, and every time, he states y'all are the gold standard for what Auburn wants to become. He has stressed your fan support / travel constantly, and we now travel awesome. We had 80 percent of the crowd yesterday. He made basketball a massive deal at Auburn. We had won 3 conference titles in 112 years, and now he has won 4 in 7 years. The man is a winner. It would have been scary to see a 50-year-old Bruce at Kentucky. He is actually 64 today.

He is the best at evaluation of talent I have ever seen. He is the best at getting guys to play hard, I have seen. You do not play for Bruce unless you give it all on defense. Most of these guys are not recruited by the blue bloods. I bet only 5-6 of our players the last 10 years were offered by Kentucky.

As for Kentucky, I went to all our home games, and not even close, y'all were the best team we played. Play defense like that day, and y’all can make a hell of a run. You all have by far the best talent in the conference. Good luck!!

lol at anyone believing that Pearl was crying because they won the SECT. Was he happy they won? Of course. But he stated plainly in his on court interview that his emotions came from not having his dad there with him for the first time.

lol at anyone believing that Pearl was crying because they won the SECT. Was he happy they won? Of course. But he stated plainly in his on court interview that his emotions came from not having his dad there with him for the first time.
I didn’t see that, but laugh away. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT