ADVERTISEMENT

Pacers reach NBA in-season tournament final. Oscar Tshiebwe guaranteed at least 100k

Those shooters need somebody to rebound for them.

I think he fits their roster well. There’s no pressure on him to produce offensively with the scoring punch that team already has. And he provides a rebounding need that they might otherwise lack.

I just don’t know if he can break into the playing rotation. But, if not, oh well … just being on an NBA roster is pretty damn cool.
Happy for him!!!

I’ve seen no evidence that he took a pay cut. What exactly are you basing that claim on?

It just seemed like a strange time to drop a post suggesting he’d have been better off staying at UK. Maybe if he was struggling in the G-League, but instead he kicked ass in the G-League and immediately got called up to the NBA. Looks to me like Oscar is killing it right now.
From KY Insider (and others)
"One of the primary reasons Tshiebwe seriously considered a return to Kentucky is due to NIL. Last season, Tshiebwe is reported to have made between $2-3 million dollars in NIL. That number is much larger than the NBA league minimum salary ($1,017,781), which most late second-round picks sign for."

I repeat, this is not meant as criticism. The good ones are willing to sacrifice for their dreams.

Could there be a more meaningless and pointless thing than an in season tournament? What does it even mean if you win it? I can't stand these randomly contrived things. So, the only reward is that absurdly rich people get even richer and we're supposed to tune in and cheer for that? The winner doesn't get a first round bye in the "real" playoffs at the end of the year or some other such perk. Nope, NBA players need "extra" monetary incentives to not play "garbage" basketball 1/4 of the way through the season that their already absurdly high salaries evidently aren't enough to provide by themselves? You can count me out.

Last edited:
Those shooters need somebody to rebound for them.

I think he fits their roster well. There’s no pressure on him to produce offensively with the scoring punch that team already has. And he provides a rebounding need that they might otherwise lack.

I just don’t know if he can break into the playing rotation. But, if not, oh well … just being on an NBA roster is pretty damn cool.
Exactly, he could make a killing just rebounding missed 3’s. He could get easy put backs and occasionally take a jumper when he’s open. He could play 10-12 years doing just that. If he ever develops a decent 3 point shot or defends better he would be a shoe in.

Shew, that's a whole lot of bitterness wrapped into one angry paragraph.
The funny thing is, there's no anger in it whatsoever. More disappointment than anything. Although, there is slight resentment that a player making 50 million a year can't find the motivation to play hard every night out. It takes this to get them there?

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Could there be a more meaningless and pointless thing than an in season tournament? What does it even mean if you win it? I can't stand these randomly contrived things. So, the only reward is that absurdly rich people get even richer and we're supposed to tune in and cheer for that? The winner doesn't get a first round bye in the "real" playoffs at the end of the year or some other such perk. Nope, NBA players need "extra" monetary incentives to not play "garbage" basketball 1/4 of the way through the season that their already absurdly high salaries evidently aren't enough to provide? You can count me out.
Lighten up, grandpa, just because something is new and different doesn't make it bad.

What's the point of college in season tournaments like the Maui Invitational? They don't count toward the NCAA tournament, but they do make the college basketball season more entertaining and fun for the fans. That alone makes them a good thing.

The NBA did this for the fans more that the players. Fans wanted the regular season to be more interesting, so the league added a tourney to try to make it so. I fail to see why that's a bad thing.

Could there be a more meaningless and pointless thing than an in season tournament? What does it even mean if you win it? I can't stand these randomly contrived things. So, the only reward is that absurdly rich people get even richer and we're supposed to tune in and cheer for that? The winner doesn't get a first round bye in the "real" playoffs at the end of the year or some other such perk. Nope, NBA players need "extra" monetary incentives to not play "garbage" basketball 1/4 of the way through the season that their already absurdly high salaries evidently aren't enough to provide by themselves? You can count me out.
I'm sure Adam Silver is losing sleep over the fact that you didn't watch the tournament.

In season tournament titles:

LeBron: 1
Jordan: 0

Pretty clear who the GOAT is after this.

They should have played him in the game more. He would have made a difference. We ALL fukn know it.
The greatest rebounder ever will rise above

Lighten up, grandpa, just because something is new and different doesn't make it bad.

What's the point of college in season tournaments like the Maui Invitational? They don't count toward the NCAA tournament, but they do make the college basketball season more entertaining and fun for the fans. That alone makes them a good thing.

The NBA did this for the fans more that the players. Fans wanted the regular season to be more interesting, so the league added a tourney to try to make it so. I fail to see why that's a bad thing.
I think college hoops tournaments in season are kind of silly too. They don’t really mean anything either. If you enjoy watching them that’s fine, I’m okay with that.

It’s a message board, they’re for opinions, I gave mine. I don’t really care what Adam Silver thinks at all.

Don't worry, most people don't watch the woke basketball association anymore.

The lakers won this and didn't know how to act or what to do after. AD was like we know this isn't the real thing. They just wanted their 500k and who can blame them.

Reactions: IFerg1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT