ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats to Albert Pujols

300 wins is one I don't think we're ever going to see again with the 5-man rotation, pitch counts and protecting arms with rest down the stretch to prevent overuse/injuries, etc. It was 13 years between Nolan Ryan & Roger Clemens followed by a few more Randy Johnson, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine in the 2000s. Verlander sits at 243, doubt he's got 57 more being 40 in February.
I don’t think so either, most pitcher barely go 5 anymore. Limited starts, pitches, and decisions. Makes the past greats even longer because those guys would never come out if they had good stuff. 250 innings every year.

Reactions: kybloo92
The guy for the Reds tipped his cap to Pujols then threw him meatballs. All the Latin guys look up to him and want to help him reach the 700 milestone. Answer me this, when’s the last time a 42 year old who hasn’t been good in a few years suddenly has a resurgence?

it doesn’t happen. Something else is going on

he was an incredible hitter. He ain’t gonna miss when he knows what’s coming.

Drew this is bat shit crazy stuff.

Pujols wanted to hit 700. He’s had front leg Trouble over the last 3 seasons and this season he said he’s feeling better than he has in a long time. Pujols saw 700 in his window and threw everything into it. He’s a top 2 greatest hitter of all time, no less than 3. They can turn it on and do what they need to.

For you to think these pitchers are willing to lose in the wins column, playoff race, and stats column (affecting their job status) is wildly crazy. All of that red meat is taking its toll. I’ve been worried about this. Get a checkup.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t think so either, most pitcher barely go 5 anymore. Limited starts, pitches, and decisions. Makes the past greats even longer because those guys would never come out if they had good stuff. 250 innings every year.
Absolutely! Kansas City executed it well shortening the game with their loaded bullpen during their World Series run. I was listening to a game this week where one of the players (Chris Young I believe) was talking about how they were playing 6 inning games with Jose Valverde, Brandon Lyon & Juan Cruz apart of their strategy getting to them with a lead, game over!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Absolutely! Kansas City executed it well shortening the game with their loaded bullpen during their World Series run. I was listening to a game this week where one of the players (Chris Young I believe) was talking about how they were playing 6 inning games with Jose Valverde, Brandon Lyon & Juan Cruz apart of their strategy getting to them with a lead, game over!
The year before the Reds won it all, John Franco 5th all-time in saves left before that season. However, the bullpen in 1989 had 2 of the Nasty Boys Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble as well as Kent Tekulve & Tim Birtsas. 1 year later sign Randy Myers with Franco headed to the Mets. It was over whenever the Nasty Boys came in until injuries derailed their careers and the cheapskate decline of the Reds rearing its head with Marge Schott dumping everyone including Paul O'Neill and Schotzi shitting all over Riverfront Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT