ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Congrats to Albert Pujols

Inside hanging breaking ball. Good for Albert but that was served up on a silver platter by the dodgers. Guess Dave roberts was feeling generous
They changed pitchers right before he stepped to the plate. He had already hit a homer off the starter. I agree the pitch was a hanger, but you think it was intentional? Why not just leave the starter in if you're gonna do that?

I'm very happy for Albert. I've been a Cardinals fan for almost as long as I've been a UK fan. Growing up, it was UK basketball on channel 6 and St Louis baseball on tv and the radio all summer.

They changed pitchers right before he stepped to the plate. He had already hit a homer off the starter. I agree the pitch was a hanger, but you think it was intentional? Why not just leave the starter in if you're gonna do that?

I'm very happy for Albert. I've been a Cardinals fan for almost as long as I've been a UK fan. Growing up, it was UK basketball on channel 6 and St Louis baseball on tv and the radio all summer.
Maybe Bickford and Albert formed a good relationship last year and he wanted to be the one to give it up? Who knows but it was definitely a meatball in a game the dodgers were down and have nothing to play for. Pretty clear it was intentional to get Albert to 700.

Good for him though. He was a beast when I first started watching baseball in 03. Not a Cards fan but Albert is fine. Not a crybaby like some of his current and former teammates

Maybe Bickford and Albert formed a good relationship last year and he wanted to be the one to give it up? Who knows but it was definitely a meatball in a game the dodgers were down and have nothing to play for. Pretty clear it was intentional to get Albert to 700.

Good for him though. He was a beast when I first started watching baseball in 03. Not a Cards fan but Albert is fine. Not a crybaby like some of his current and former teammates
I’m not sure where you get that take from. With 10 games left in the season he was in no danger of not making it to 700.

Inside hanging breaking ball. Good for Albert but that was served up on a silver platter by the dodgers. Guess Dave roberts was feeling generous
Yeah. Keep seeing the theories about some of these HRs being tee'd up for Albert. Not trying to knock him or his career, but does appear MLB is giving him quite the send-off.

That and the other theory is he is in his pre-Angels 'condition'. Wink wink.

I’m not sure where you get that take from. With 10 games left in the season he was in no danger of not making it to 700.
He could have easily missed with 10 games left. He only hit 6 HR’s the entire first half of the season. He’s been really hot the last month so probably but it’s not guaranteed.

Reactions: J_Dee and STL_Cat
Yeah. Keep seeing the theories about some of these HRs being tee'd up for Albert. Not trying to knock him or his career, but does appear MLB is giving him quite the send-off.

That and the other theory is he is in his pre-Angels 'condition'. Wink wink.
i never thought Albert was a juicer, he never more than 50 HR. Just consistent as could be.

He joins some big names in that club. I still remember Hank Aaron's 715th when he passed Ruth. I think I was 8 or 9 years old.

i never thought Albert was a juicer, he never more than 50 HR. Just consistent as could be.
I don't know either. From what I understand about Albert and his character, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to cheat himself or the game he loves. Seems like a great dude. But, I'm also a big believer in the eye test. And in his heyday, my eyes saw the exact same body type as Mac and Bonds.

I don't know either. From what I understand about Albert and his character, he doesn't seem like the type of guy to cheat himself or the game he loves. Seems like a great dude. But, I'm also a big believer in the eye test. And in his heyday, my eyes saw the exact same body type as Mac and Bonds.
Nah his head wasn’t a giagantic bowling ball 😂.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He’s managed to stay out of the PED conversation in an era where tons of his peers have gone down for PED use. I’m so glad to see him doing in St. Louis.

Albert was great from the start as a twenty year old. Interesting fact. Two people in major league baseball STARTED their career with a season that included 30 Home runs, 100 RBIs and at least a 300 batting average. Those two were (I think) Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. Albert did it the first 10 years of his career. It is one of those things that will never be matched. Albert came up during the McGuire era in St. Louis. Because of this , he insisted his contract contain a phrase that basically states that he will not take a salary if he is ever fails a drug test. Albert, what you see is what you get. My all time favorite player.

The old telegraph pitch. 😀

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Fat Albert? That’s pretty disrespectful for a class act like Pujols. This guy is only one of 3 players in the history of baseball to hit 700 home runs. I don’t include Bonds, since he used steroids.

Fat Albert? That’s pretty disrespectful for a class act like Pujols. This guy is only one of 3 players in the history of baseball to hit 700 home runs. I don’t include Bonds, since he used steroids.
It’s a cartoon character dude. Here ya go. I started a thread congratulating his achievement and this is what you take from it?

Reactions: drew_ukfan
joke-not-getting-the-joke.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
A Cardinal fan whining? Boy you hardly ever see that..

Just got my tickets to the last game at Busch. Sending off the boys is gonna be hard.

The jealousy in this thread isn’t mind blowing it’s expected.

Just got my tickets to the last game at Busch. Sending off the boys is gonna be hard.

Jealousy? Dude has been getting meatballs all season. Wake up man. There’s a reason for his ‘resurgence’

Jealousy? Dude has been getting meatballs all season. Wake up man. There’s a reason for his ‘resurgence’

Yes, every pitcher in baseball decided they didn’t care about their ERA’s or wins, or playoff races. They decided another guys home run record is what’s important to them. It’s not just that one of the greatest hitters to ever play, maybe the greatest hitter to ever play, knows hot to hit and knows how to turn it up. Do you work for the Reds analytical team? Maybe that’s the problem.

salty-snowangel.gif

Yes, every pitcher in baseball decided they didn’t care about their ERA’s or wins, or playoff races. They decided another guys home run record is what’s important to them. It’s not just that one of the greatest hitters to ever play, maybe the greatest hitter to ever play, knows hot to hit and knows how to turn it up. Do you work for the Reds analytical team? Maybe that’s the problem.

salty-snowangel.gif

The guy for the Reds tipped his cap to Pujols then threw him meatballs. All the Latin guys look up to him and want to help him reach the 700 milestone. Answer me this, when’s the last time a 42 year old who hasn’t been good in a few years suddenly has a resurgence?

it doesn’t happen. Something else is going on

he was an incredible hitter. He ain’t gonna miss when he knows what’s coming.

salty-snowangel.gif

The guy for the Reds tipped his cap to Pujols then threw him meatballs. All the Latin guys look up to him and want to help him reach the 700 milestone. Answer me this, when’s the last time a 42 year old who hasn’t been good in a few years suddenly has a resurgence?

Most guys that pitch for the Reds throw meatballs everyday, to everyone.

Reactions: Gromcat
The guy for the Reds tipped his cap to Pujols then threw him meatballs. All the Latin guys look up to him and want to help him reach the 700 milestone.
Both homers last night came off white American pitchers who ain’t the least bit Latin. How does that comport with your premise that this is supposedly due to Latin guys intentionally serving him up meatballs?

Can you produce any factual evidence showing that his homers have disproportionately come off “Latin guys”, or is this just a baseless theory you’re yanking from your ass?

Last edited:

Far from a Cardinals fan but all time greats should be celebrated and milestones like 500,600,700HR, 300 strikeouts, 300 wins, batting close to .400, should always be celebrated as they don’t come around often. It’s gonna be a long time before any current player gets close to 700, Cabrera had a chance but he broke down.

Reactions: Gromcat

Pujols has been solid when healthy. Being healthy this year and playing more he has done better.

And as to your logic the other teams are all trying to throw games to let him hit homeruns well you are a reds fan so that logic from you makes sense.

he was playing the dodgers better luck next time

Far from a Cardinals fan but all time greats should be celebrated and milestones like 500,600,700HR, 300 strikeouts, 300 wins, batting close to .400, should always be celebrated as they don’t come around often. It’s gonna be a long time before any current player gets close to 700, Cabrera had a chance but he broke down.
300 wins is one I don't think we're ever going to see again with the 5-man rotation, pitch counts and protecting arms with rest down the stretch to prevent overuse/injuries, etc. It was 13 years between Nolan Ryan & Roger Clemens followed by a few more Randy Johnson the last to do it 13 years ago in '09. Also Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine in the 2000s. Verlander sits at 243, doubt he's got 57 more being 40 in February.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT