ADVERTISEMENT

Lost to ATM twice...

know1

All-American
Dec 8, 2002
... and it seemed like exactly the same way. Texas A&M only scored over 90 twice this season and both were against UK.

So did anybody see ANYTHING that Cal did differently for this game last night? Because I didn't.

Is it too much to expect the coach to learn from a loss to a supposed lesser team and employ a new strategy if you play them again? Or am I just delusional?

Their coach clearly analyzed our team and put them in a position to exploit all our weaknesses. Does anyone think Cal spent even one minute trying to do something similar?
He said he doesn’t prepare for the other teams players. If we play our game we are fine. WTH that means.

Reactions: know1
Their coach clearly analyzed our team and put them in a position to exploit all our weaknesses. Does anyone think Cal spent even one minute trying to do something similar?
No. Cal has said he can’t be bothered to watch film in the tournament because he doesn’t know who we will play. That’s just way too much work.

I thought and said the exact same thing tonight to my wife. I was like "This is the last thing I want to say out loud about this disaster but the main thing that sums up Cal's ineptitude is that he lost the exact same way to this mediocre team twice. No changes whatsoever in approach."

I thought and said the exact same thing tonight to my wife. I was like "This is the last thing I want to say out loud about this disaster but the main thing that sums up Cal's ineptitude is that he lost the exact same way to this mediocre team twice. No changes whatsoever in approach."
This right here is why I've wanted him gone for years. It's not results, it's not how he talks to the fans, it's not politics, it IS because of his utter failure to be bothered to even do the most basic aspects of his job and because he doesn't put success of the program first.

Kentucky shouldn’t lose to a football school like A&M in basketball ever. This is what gets me, losing to them twice in one season, we better hope we don’t see them again this year because we can’t beat them. They have two good guards and the rest are probably 3 star players and they beat us in every way possible last night. The way things are now, we can have 10 all Americans and still lose 9 out of 10 games to them or South Carolina. Those two teams don’t play scared and have coaches that can figure out how to beat us. The old Kentucky is loaded with a hall of fame coach is laughable now, teams can’t wait to play Kentucky.

This right here is why I've wanted him gone for years. It's not results, it's not how he talks to the fans, it's not politics, it IS because of his utter failure to be bothered to even do the most basic aspects of his job and because he doesn't put success of the program first.
Taylor/radford combined for 55 last night on 7/18 shooting from deep. They had 59 on 9/19 in first game. He has earned his nickname of CCC many times over. Last night was just the latest example.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Kinda reminds me of ‘97 and we couldn’t beat Folger and SC.

Just a bad matchup.
Wrong. What did Cal adjust from the first game to this one? They beat us exactly the same way, and even scored the same amount of points....a number they ONLY achieved against us this year.

Kinda reminds me of ‘97 and we couldn’t beat Folger and SC.

Just a bad matchup.
I agree with this. UK relies heavily on five freshmen who play a lot. A&M plays no freshmen; they have talent and experience at every position. They are also way quicker (with the possible exception of Dillingham) and more physical than us at every position. Our three seven footers combined for four (4!) rebounds in 40 minutes against a team with no player taller than 6'7" (except Leveque at 6-11 who only played six minutes). Factor in that A&M's tough veterans were playing for their NCAA tourney lives, it was not hard to see this loss coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT