ADVERTISEMENT

OT Braves about to win 20th Division title in 30 yrs

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
I havent looked but only the Yankees probably have a more dominate 30 yr stretch of Division titles in the history of Baseball. I bet the Cardinals cant match 20 of 30.
Prob is of the previous 19 Atlanta has only been able to manage 2 WS titles. That's not good ….at all.
The Braves will try to become the 1st NL team to repeat as WS Champions since the BRM in 1975-1976! Thats 46 yrs ago!
The irony in all this is if you trace the Braves franchise back to its origins it goes back from Atlanta to Milwaukee to Boston and started as the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings!
So even if the Braves do repeat its still Cincinnati in a way!!!!!
Braves going for 100 wins today as the Reds will try to avoid 100 losses.
My how times have changed over the last 50 yrs.!

Last edited:
Braves have a decent chance to repeat. They are the 2 seed and will probably draw the easier Cardinals in the divisional round (or the 6 seed) while the Dodgers get the Mets.

I'm a Cardinals fan but I call it how I see it. They get all 3 games of wildcard at home so should advance but don't see the Cardinals winning more than 1 game, maybe 2, against the Braves, Mets or Dodgers.

Life long Reds fan back to the 70s and the Big Red Machine. I get so excited for the new seasons then only to get disappointed. Reds are 21st in team BA and 28th in team ERA in MLB. Not a recipe for success.

Reactions: deep3
The Reds are not in it to win. How bad is Cindy? They couldnt even beat the Savannah Bananas based on interests alone.

The current Braves model is working and the GM has simply figured out paying guys early long term is worth the risk. The trades they’ve made since AlexA has been here have been very successful.
Ask Adam Duval how fortunate he is to be in the mix in ATL instead of of the purgatory of Cinn or Fl.

Reactions: EliteBlue
The Reds are not in it to win. How bad is Cindy? They couldnt even beat the Savannah Bananas based on interests alone.

The current Braves model is working and the GM has simply figured out paying guys early long term is worth the risk. The trades they’ve made since AlexA has been here have been very successful.
Ask Adam Duval how fortunate he is to be in the mix in ATL instead of of the purgatory of Cinn or Fl.
The Dodgers and Astros will have alot to say on wether the Chokers win back to back or not. 2 WS titles during 20 Division titles would be piss poor and grounds for expulsion from MLB. Maybe they would force the franchise back to Cincinnati and bulldoze the Braves stadium?

The Dodgers and Astros will have alot to say on wether the Chokers win back to back or not. 2 WS titles during 20 Division titles would be piss poor and grounds for expulsion from MLB. Maybe they would force the franchise back to Cincinnati and bulldoze the Braves stadium?
Rather be in it and choke than to never have been in it at all.

The last 30 years the Yankees have 5 titles and the giants have 3 and red Sox have 4. The braves and cardinals have 2. Other than the Yankees, which have 1 the past 20+ years themselves, the braves are one of the more successful franchsies of the past 30 years.

It's hard to win it all in any sport. The braves aren't the Yankees or lakers (to use a nba comparison to yanks) either in terms of spending and market.

The last 30 years the Yankees have 5 titles and the giants have 3 and red Sox have 4. The braves and cardinals have 2. Other than the Yankees, which have 1 the past 20+ years themselves, the braves are one of the more successful franchsies of the past 30 years.

It's hard to win it all in any sport. The braves aren't the Yankees or lakers (to use a nba comparison to yanks) either in terms of spending and market.
You cant spin 2 titles while winning the Division 20 out of 30 seasons. They win it back to back or solidify their place in baseball history as major post season chokers.
Thats a bunch of pressure.

Last edited:
And the Reds are nearing a 100+ loss season with ownership that doesn't give a flying shit.

Braves have already proven they can beat both. These aren't the Bobby Cox Braves. I like the Braves' chances, even with Freeman on the opposing team. That Olson deal was a big get.
Sad to say, but the Big Red Machine will never return. There was nothing like that team when they came to Atlanta.
Today's Reds: you don't dump young talent to avoid salary hikes. The Reds actually like getting money from big market teams and are satisfied with their current status.

Oh and remember when the Reds came to Atlanta and split the opening series? No one else does either.

It’s a solid model. Astros were doing it 10-15 years ago, gave a bunch of money to guys who didn’t pan out, but the ones that did became under market assets, and the organization has been healthy since (except for the trash can incident)

Reactions: KMKAT
This is a different group of Braves. It all changed in play off Game 1 of the series against the Reds in 2020.

Braves have a long history of blowing game 1 of play off series.

They survived the Red and extra innings that day, pulling out the 1-0 win.

They blew the Reds out in game 2 and rode that momentum all the way to a game 7 of the NLCS.

Last year, even better, they won it all.

This is not the late 90s and early 00’s Braves that swung for the fences, got cold and blew it every year.

However, the play offs expanded in ‘95, and have expanded twice since then.

There are six division winners now, as opposed to four.

It is not the same format, and not even all the same rules.

So, OPs argument is tired and outdated.

Go Braves.

Lol pretty funny trying to use the 90’s and cherry picking there.

Pujols gets his third ring in STL this year. I’ll be in Busch for game 2 of the NLDS. Go cards. I nearly forgot about the Braves until that luck run last season.

I havent looked but only the Yankees probably have a more dominate 30 yr stretch of Division titles in the history of Baseball. I bet the Cardinals cant match 20 of 30.
Prob is of the previous 19 Atlanta has only been able to manage 2 WS titles. That's not good ….at all.
The Braves will try to become the 1st NL team to repeat as WS Champions since the BRM in 1975-1976! Thats 46 yrs ago!
The irony in all this is if you trace the Braves franchise back to its origins it goes back from Atlanta to Milwaukee to Boston and started as the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings!
So even if the Braves do repeat its still Cincinnati in a way!!!!!
Braves going for 100 wins today as the Reds will try to avoid 100 losses.
My how times have changed over the last 50 yrs.!
yeah well the Reds are about to finish the season 40 games under .500. Ya'll can have your playoffs. The Reds get an earlier offseason! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Lol pretty funny trying to use the 90’s and cherry picking there.

Pujols gets his third ring in STL this year. I’ll be in Busch for game 2 of the NLDS. Go cards. I nearly forgot about the Braves until that luck run last season.
Braves/Cards split 3-3 with cards this year. I like the defending champs chances against anyone.

When did the Cards last win a WS? 2011?

There is always one. Dont question me!!!
Do your Fin research!
We’re gonna have to get the lawyers involved. No way a couple random guys who once played in Cincinnati but decided to play in Boston warrant the Atlanta Braves having any kind of connection to Cincinnati! *Penalty marker on the play*

Cincinnati reds are just a cash grab. I do not support them in any way whatsoever.
You don't go 32 years without a world series....not in Cincy.

32 freaking seasons. When I was a kid and they made that run to the world series and beat the Athletics 4-0 I was so damn happy.
The first world championship of my life in any sport.

And to think they never have made it back. 🫣

Of course now if baseball really had a salary cap I bet you the reds would already been in the world series.
No Salary cap almost makes it to where the big name City teams always win usually. Unless you're the Royals of few years ago.

Cincinnati reds are just a cash grab. I do not support them in any way whatsoever.
You don't go 32 years without a world series....not in Cincy.

32 freaking seasons. When I was a kid and they made that run to the world series and beat the Athletics 4-0 I was so damn happy.
The first world championship of my life in any sport.

And to think they never have made it back. 🫣

Of course now if baseball really had a salary cap I bet you the reds would already been in the world series.
No Salary cap almost makes it to where the big name City teams always win usually. Unless you're the Royals of few years ago.

It’s the curse of Marge Schott (Sadly, this is not from the Babylon Bee)

Not everyone was as thoughtful as Barry Larkin, Eric Davis, and Ray Knight. Reds owner Marge Schott felt that this had all happened to her.her.

“I feel cheated,” said Schott, “This isn’t supposed to happen to us, not in Cincinnati. This is our day, our tradition, our team.” It had snowed that morning, threatening Opening Day, and Schott said “First snow, now this.” Schott called the National League office and complained to Vice President Katy Feeney, saying “This is screwy, I’m telling you . . . you can’t imagine the boos that are going on here. Why can’t we play the game? This man wouldn’t want to disappoint 50,000 fans.” Schott later said, “We’ll never play on April Fools’ Day again,” Schott said later.

A month later Schott would be caught on camera praising Adolf Hitler, saying “Everybody knows he was good at the beginning but he just went too far.” She would be suspended from active ownership for two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT