ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar (Unknowingly) Involved in some Controversy Tonight

Just curious if MJ kept the game ball from scoring 63 in the playoffs early in his career. Couldn’t find anything on it, but hardly seems like would be a thing. If Giannas scores more points in a future game then his tantrum ball becomes just another ball. Love to see Oscar come out and address. No doubt he would take the high road and be the better man.

They should have just given him a random ball. He would not have known the difference.

Look, I'm not defending the guy. But, IMO, as these teams start to really dislike each other, I think he's just trying to defend his house kinda crap. This isn't just about a ball. He's just really bad at trying to be a tough guy.
The best way to be a tough guy, and really stick it to the Pacers, is to just let it go and be the bigger man. Say something like, “I’m really happy for Oscar, I remember when I scored my first points in the NBA and he deserves the ball and all the recognition for that.”

I don’t think flexing and bullying other people makes you look tough. I think taking a classy tact and taking the high road makes you look tough, like a man, and makes the other guys look immature (if they really took the ball just to slight Giannis).

If you make a dig at the other team, just say after all the other stuff, “I’ll just keep the next game ball after I top this performance. It won’t take long.”

What a dick move by Giannis. Up until now I had no real reason to dislike him. All of that has changed now. Let Big O have his moment...Giannis will have plenty more accolades in his career.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It's not even close to legit.

1. The committee can and will take into consideration key injuries in choosing playoff contenders. It's right in their rules and contract, which ACC/FSU agreed to. So, on that point alone they have no gripe.
2. Their SOS was 55. FIFTY-FIVE. Bama's was EIGHT. So Bama's competition was MUCH better and Bama lost 1 game by 10 points in Wk2. FSU struggled to beat a mediocre UofL team that UK put 38 on. FSU put up 16. Is UK that much better offensively than FSU? And by that, would UK step to UM? We all know the answer to that.
3. FSU also struggled to beat a BAD Florida team.
1. The committee has never taken injuries into consideration before. 44% of the CFP champions won it with backup QBs.

2. FSU had a better Strength of Record than Bama did. SOS doesn't mean much when you lose those games. SOR takes your SOS and actual wins into account, and FSU came out on top in that regard.

3a. FSU has an absolutely dominating defense. They have more passing yards with their second and third string QBs over the past two games than Michigan did, and no one is arguing Michigan shouldn't have gotten in. There is more to a football team than their offense and QB. FSU has proven their D is elite and it's certainly capable of winning games on its own. FSU would have had a month to come up with a game plan with their second string QB, they were certainly capable of making some noise in the playoffs.

3b. Bama also struggled with some BAD teams. Needed a few absolute miracles to beat Auburn, barely beat Arkansas, and was neck and neck with a G5 team until late in the fourth quarter.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
1. The committee has never taken injuries into consideration before. 44% of the CFP champions won it with backup QBs.

2. FSU had a better Strength of Record than Bama did. SOS doesn't mean much when you lose those games. SOR takes your SOS and actual wins into account, and FSU came out on top in that regard.

3a. FSU has an absolutely dominating defense. They have more passing yards with their second and third string QBs over the past two games than Michigan did, and no one is arguing Michigan shouldn't have gotten in. There is more to a football team than their offense and QB. FSU has proven their D is elite and it's certainly capable of winning games on its own. FSU would have had a month to come up with a game plan with their second string QB, they were certainly capable of making some noise in the playoffs.

3b. Bama also struggled with some BAD teams. Needed a few absolute miracles to beat Auburn, barely beat Arkansas, and was neck and neck with a G5 team until late in the fourth quarter.
1. That LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER. It's in their rules this year, which FSU and the ACC agreed with.

2. SOS has always been used in many playoff considerations. Including the Men's Tournament. FSU beat LSU. That's it. Bama LITERALLY beat the No. 1 team in the country. Which no one else can say they did.

3a) If there's more to a football team than their offense, you're going to tell me teams are the same without Brady? Bull.

3b) FSU struggled with BAD teams. UF nearly beat them. UF is horrible. FSU struggled to put up 16 against UofL...whom UK put up 38 on.

When UGA steamrolls them, this conversation will be null, void, and moot.

"It hurts me, but life will continue..." What a whiny little bitch. A guy making $46 million a year to play a kid's game may -- may -- have gotten the wrong game ball he needed to reflect "my greatness," something he tells us that "everyone should appreciate."

This, the Draymond Green nonsense, something different every day to make you despise these soft crybabies. How anyone can be a fan of this garbage is not clear to me. Like always, I'll watch the last round or maybe two if some ex-Cats are involved, as Jamal Murray was last year. Otherwise, the NBA can kiss my ass.
Well said Md, well said.

This almost brought a tear to my eye. Sincere thanks to Oscar. Played on some crap teams with subpar guards. Gave his all for UK. An absolute legend of the program. Jersey needs to go up ASAP, along with about half a dozen others. Quit dragging your feet Mitch.
I can't lie, it did the same to me.

1af2d41f-afb2-48c1-bf81-6308b9cb02c6-jumbo9x16_OutofUniformWestbr_Mill2.jpg

The modern NBA is just diva ball.

And some of you think the game is better now because they call fouls more and there's more three pointers...

21aabea1daf2a71b6dc4e9e6762b74d2.jpg
bb440f9d8bf259879933fc7c2b3fc3cd.jpg
fifty-fifty-redd-foxx.gif

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Yep Adam Silver is a giant vagina. It starts at the top.

I was under the impression vaginas were, like, a little more than halfway down. But I get the point.

Luckily I have never seen a giant one. It may engulf the entire body for all I know. I’m gonna (for research sake) watch a Cardi B video and get back to you.

After thinking about this, and listening to the local sports radio guys on the way to work... Folks, a lot of this isn't about a ball. The games between Indy and the Bucks high been chippy and highly competitive. This is Giannis flexing for this team. Trying to be a leader. The tough guy thing isn't his lane and that's why he looked so terrible doing in. The Pacers def had some intent other than Oscar and someone just thought grabbing the ball before the Milwaukee bench dig. It's pretty comical. But appears to be a budding rivalry. This was about gamesmanship, not a ball.

Nope. It’s literally ALL about the ball. Which is why he was yelling at his own teammates and staff about it.

This is the same guy that steals his high end(multiple thousands) sports cards that he’s supposed to be signing and returning. Instead of letting a fan pull a once in a lifetime card, he pockets them for himself.

Pacers need a couple of Belgian Malinois or German Shepherds guarding the hallway.

Make sure to check out Randy Savage Waffle House story for reference. Dutch Mantel version.

He's got the game worn jersey. Just be happy with that. A much cooler looking piece to frame up and put on a wall than a ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT