ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

This is the most asinine post; it's clear you hate Steph, and therefore, you're going to discount what Steph does. He does more than shoot threes; he has one of the best handles in the NBA; he is one of the best passers in the league. He is an above-average rebounder for a guard, plays good defense, and is a leader, unlike Kyrie, Doncic, etc. Additionally, he's one of the strongest guys on his team, and he never gets calls. Just imagine if he got refs like Lebron, Jordan, Harden, Doncic, etc. He's 35, and is still playing like a top five player. I don't think he's head-and-shoulders above everyone else, but he's definitely in the Superstar level and will continue to do so. His game seems to age like fine wine. He was almost as good statistically as he was in 2015-16. Obviously, durability becomes a factor as he gets older. I mean, Lebron takes plays off, plays no defense unless he feels like it, and is elite 50 games a year.

Madden Rating:

3PT Shooting: 100
Midrange: 100 - shoots about 55% from 10-23 feet
Finishing at the rim: 100 - gets fouled everytime, and still shoots 75% at the rim
Dunking: 70 - because he never does, even though he can
Defense: 75 - Above Average, but not elite
Steals: 85
Shot Blocking: 66 - great for a guard
Passing: 95 - one of the best in the league
Ball Handling: 97 - one of the best in the league, maybe Kyrie
Durability: 70 - getting old
Toughness: 93 - Never gets calls, but does get injured - mentally, he's one of the toughest
Athleticism: 78 - more athletic than you think
Rebounding: 80 - Great for a guard
Clutch Factor: 80 - Great at sticking a dagger, but not so good with <10 seconds
Cockiness: 100 - definitely true
Effort: 100 - Dude cares about what's going on, unlike some other players
This has to be a drunk post - right?

• Haha
Reactions: LineSkiCat14
This is the most asinine post; it's clear you hate Steph, and therefore, you're going to discount what Steph does. He does more than shoot threes; he has one of the best handles in the NBA; he is one of the best passers in the league. He is an above-average rebounder for a guard, plays good defense, and is a leader, unlike Kyrie, Doncic, etc. Additionally, he's one of the strongest guys on his team, and he never gets calls. Just imagine if he got refs like Lebron, Jordan, Harden, Doncic, etc. He's 35, and is still playing like a top five player. I don't think he's head-and-shoulders above everyone else, but he's definitely in the Superstar level and will continue to do so. His game seems to age like fine wine. He was almost as good statistically as he was in 2015-16. Obviously, durability becomes a factor as he gets older. I mean, Lebron takes plays off, plays no defense unless he feels like it, and is elite 50 games a year.

Madden Rating:

Finishing at the rim: 100 - gets fouled everytime, and still shoots 75% at the rim
Toughness: 93 - Never gets calls, but does get injured - mentally, he's one of the toughest
Clutch Factor: 80 - Great at sticking a dagger, but not so good with <10 seconds
I’m not even going to counter everything in this post which would be very easy to do, however, I see you mention harden - have you seen his ft attempts lately in the playoffs?

I’m not even going to counter everything in this post which would be very easy to do, however, I see you mention harden - have you seen his ft attempts lately in the playoffs?

What is there to counter? Is he not playing like a top five player? He's eight missed shots from another 50/40/90 season. Harden got refs like crazy when he was with the Rockets.

So yes curry is closer to westbrick and harden then Lebron in this era

For as good as people think Curry is, I'll say this forever and a day.. he never has, and never will, carry a team the way Harden did for the Rockets.

Golden State is a .500 team when Curry doesn't play.. meanwhile the Rockets haven't had a 30-win season since Harden left.. 3 years ago!

That's always such an undervalued stat when it comes to a player's greatness: How good does your team do when you're gone? If they do pretty well.. well then you might have been more of a product of the system.

Lebron and Peyton (and yes, even Harden for a few years).. their teams would be bottom feeders without them. They may not have always delivered rings, but that was more because of what they had around them. Those guys were worth a high percentage of the teams wins.

Meanwhile, the Curry-less Warriors barely missed a beat without him. And Matt Cassel got the Patriots to to 11 wins in 2008. Some players were born on 2nd base, so to speak.

Reactions: RunninRichie
For as good as people think Curry is, I'll say this forever and a day.. he never has, and never will, carry a team the way Harden did for the Rockets.

Golden State is a .500 team when Curry doesn't play.. meanwhile the Rockets haven't had a 30-win season since Harden left.. 3 years ago!
Are we going to ignore that Harden had Chris Paul, PJ Tucker, Clint Capela, and Trevor Ariza? I don't even know one player who plays for the Rockets right now.

• Haha
Are we going to ignore that Harden had Chris Paul, PJ Tucker, Clint Capela, and Trevor Ariza? I don't even know one player who plays for the Rockets right now.

You knew Trevor Ariza and PJ Tucker played there.

.. but you claim you don't know any of the current Rockets players?

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

Also half those guys are/were role players at that point. CP3 had two seasons there, and the final one was derailed due to injury.

You knew Trevor Ariza and PJ Tucker played there.

.. but you claim you don't know any of the current Rockets players?

spongebob squarepants bullshit GIF

Also half those guys are/were role players at that point. CP3 had two seasons there, and the final one was derailed due to injury.
Dude compared PJ Tucker and Trevor Ariza Career bench players to Durant, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson. This is why I hate Curry. And have since 2015. His fanbase is nauseating. Very casual and just say the worst takes. I remember in 2017/2018 people were actually saying Curry is better than Lebron and that he was the greatest PG ever.

• Love
And I can tell you this... CP3 in that era, along with PJ, Clint and Trevor Ariza.. aren't winning more than 30 games. CP3 really wasn't THAT great for us. He had some of his worst shooting numbers and missed quite a bit of games.. and that was BEFORE load management. I think he had a lot of nagging injuries during this time..

Madden Rating:

Curry isn't one of the best passers in the league. He isn't even the best passer on his own team. Draymond has led the team in assists for most if not all of the last eight years. Also Curry can't stay healthy. He has missed more than 20 or so games on average over the last six years. This is the Warriors last shot with their current core. They were horrible on the road this year and I don't see them having home court advantage throughout the playoffs unless there are some major upsets.

Will be interesting to see how Curry plays with his back against the wall. Again, he's great at extending leads from 20 points to 30 points.. making shots when the game is all but over.. Lets see if he can will the Warriors to a few wins in this series, and possibly, take the series as a whole. That would really improve my image of him. But I just dont see it happening. I don't see him throwing his body into the wood chipper. It will be sub par defense, 3pt chucking, and some transition drives..

Quite frankly, I think he's peaked.. or maybe his chances at another title have peaked. He will never have the team he had from 2016 to 2021. And Golden State has been woeful on draft night.. there's not a lot coming to help Curry the next few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley91581
Will be interesting to see how Curry plays with his back against the wall. Again, he's great at extending leads from 20 points to 30 points.. making shots when the game is all but over.. Lets see if he can will the Warriors to a few wins in this series, and possibly, take the series as a whole. That would really improve my image of him. But I just dont see it happening. I don't see him throwing his body into the wood chipper. It will be sub par defense, 3pt chucking, and some transition drives..

Quite frankly, I think he's peaked.. or maybe his chances at another title have peaked. He will never have the team he had from 2016 to 2021. And Golden State has been woeful on draft night.. there's not a lot coming to help Curry the next few years.

Come again? Down 2-0? Curry just dominates, and sticks the dagger in the Queens' hearts. Curry hits one amazing shot after another; he makes one amazing play after another. Curry has never won fewer than two games in any series, and has now won a road game in all 28 series that he has played in. Not even Jordan can say that. Queens are young and inexperienced, and will be contenders, but Steph was just too much this series.

Sabonis has been AWFUL this series.

Jimmy Butler has been insane, maybe even a tinge better than Steph, but the Bucks have chocked like the Sixers in 2021.

• Haha
Steph was 2/10 from 3 so here’s the volume shooting again

Klay 5/11 from 3 and draymond with a 20 piece on 8/10 so much more efficient then no defense Steph

What Jimmy did against the bucks without herro is in a stratosphere only Jordan has attained

Lol, Steph made me a prophet yesterday, he did exactly what I said he'd do.

Most of the 4th quarter he's brick city. Then when his team is up, or has the momentum off a turnover, he hits a few great layups to put the game away.

That's definitely a skill for sure. But a lot of his game is like an MLB pitching closer. He's great at extending leads, but when SAC was making a late push, it was the play from guys like Wiggins and Looney that held strong.

As for the series.. yeah Sacramento is just not quite there yet. I'm not really surprised to see GSW make a huge surge. They've been here so many times.. and I still think we're wondering if Sacramento wasn't just playing a little above themselves this season. For instance, a 48 win team in the Western Conference isn't *normally* good enough for a 3-seed. That's more like a 4/5/6 seed.

Fox played last night with a broken finger. The Kings missed over 20 three pointers in the last three periods yet were in it untIl the end. Draymond scoring more than 20 points for the first time in 5 years and Looney's +20 rebounds were what put the Warriors over the top. It wasn't Curry's 2-10 three point shooting.

Last edited:
Curry with another legendary performance on the road. 50 points. Let me say it again, 50 points. One of the greatest performances of all time. He was getting this one, by hook or by crook. He took a career high 38 shots, and it got him another win, and another reason why he’s one of the GOAT. Warriors in 5 over Lakers.

• Haha
Knew this was coming lol.. and I knew there'd be no mention of THIRTY EIGHT fg attempts lol.

It was a pretty good performance. They don't win without him. Still, the missed free throws, the poor efficiency, the seemingly 1/3rd of his makes coming when the game was over.. it's more of the same. And the Kings really shouldn't have been the favorite this series either.

You look at the heat/lakers/GSW the regular season essentially means nothing anymore - nba has a problem and they are too blind to see it.

Knew this was coming lol.. and I knew there'd be no mention of THIRTY EIGHT fg attempts lol.

It was a pretty good performance. They don't win without him. Still, the missed free throws, the poor efficiency, the seemingly 1/3rd of his makes coming when the game was over.. it's more of the same. And the Kings really shouldn't have been the favorite this series either.
He had 50 on 52% shooting, 38% from 3. That isn’t inefficient in the slightest.

I’ve followed this thread off and on since it was started, and Steph clearly isn’t the GOAT but he’s a top 15ish player of all time and a top 2-3 point guard of all time. He also completely revolutionized the game, just an all time great career.

Reactions: roguemocha
Nick Wright cherry picks stats to support his “LeBron as GOAT” argument. He’s also one of those types who feel if they tell more loudly and interrupt other panelists, as well as act in a condescending manner toward the other panelists, he will be correct. The reality is that MJ OWNS almost all of the advanced metrics abd passes the eye test. Anyone who thinks LeBron or Steph Curry are better than Jordan need to go watch the ultimate MJ Bulls Mixtape.

Nick Wright cherry picks stats to support his “LeBron as GOAT” argument. He’s also one of those types who feel if they tell more loudly and interrupt other panelists, as well as act in a condescending manner toward the other panelists, he will be correct. The reality is that MJ OWNS almost all of the advanced metrics abd passes the eye test. Anyone who thinks LeBron or Steph Curry are better than Jordan need to go watch the ultimate MJ Bulls Mixtape.
I’m just referring to this era but I absolutely believe Jordan is the GOAT but Lebron is higher in the heirarchy than Steph - I picked that off b/c Lebron is undervalued for his clutch plays - yes I agree Nick wright is a cowherd clone but he is also trying to fend off these Steph fans

Hasheem Thabeet, Memphis... How did that work out?

I remember in '09 saying that Curry should be no lower than third.

Ricky Rubio.

I'm no NBA scout but I knew anyone that could shoot like Curry should be taken ASAP.

He shot 52.6% from the field and 38.9% from three to go with 8 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal, and only 1 turnover in 38 minutes. Only 4 guards shot over 50% for the season. That's plenty efficient.

And It was a 10-point game to start the 4th quarter when Curry went on his blitz to put the nail in the coffin

If De'Aaron Fox had put up Curry's line, you would have been claiming it was the best Game 7 performance in NBA history.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT