ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

Warriors are sitting at a robust 3-5 and only one win better than the 2-5 Lakers

As much as I dislike that entire organization.. they aren't playing for regular season wins.. all that matters is that they get to the playoffs without any big injuries. I won't celebrate one bit until they are actually eliminated from playoffs.

I bet they don't even win the West. They will be resting their stars and playing for June. Some other team will win the conference, like Phoenix or Dallas.. and then get scrubbed when GSW actually needs to play.

As much as I dislike that entire organization.. they aren't playing for regular season wins.. all that matters is that they get to the playoffs without any big injuries. I won't celebrate one bit until they are actually eliminated from playoffs.

I bet they don't even win the West. They will be resting their stars and playing for June. Some other team will win the conference, like Phoenix or Dallas.. and then get scrubbed when GSW actually needs to play.
Yup I agree - I mean ya they aren’t playing any defense but giving up 130 pts to the magic is something

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Yup I agree - I mean ya they aren’t playing any defense but giving up 130 pts to the magic is something

Yep, and to be clear, I do think they're having a bit of "championship hangover".. they just played a full season plus playoffs.. they aren't getting younger.. and they started the season with some locker room issues.

So while I think they are ultimately going to be fine, and there's a ton of time to buckle down.. I do think there are cracks in the foundation.

GS also gave up 128 points to the 2-7 Pistons in an ugly 14 point loss the other night. Is father time catching up to the warrior's defense or do they just not care enough yet?

Can’t blame Steph; he’s playing better than ever on both ends.
Bullcrap. He has never been a great defender as evidenced by the fact that he has never made an all defensive team unlike the real GOAT candidates. Last night he had five turnovers including one with about a minute left that killed their chances of winning. He is still a great scorer but it is bad defense that is causing GS to lose.

Bullcrap. He has never been a great defender as evidenced by the fact that he has never made an all defensive team unlike the real GOAT candidates. Last night he had five turnovers including one with about a minute left that killed their chances of winning. He is still a great scorer but it is bad defense that is causing GS to lose.

Heck, I'm not even sure I'd call him a great "scorer", as opposed to being a great "shooter". As we both know, Steph has NEVER been a 3-level scoring type.

12 of his 20 FGA this year are from 3. So as it's always been, Curry spends nearly 2/3rds of his time roaming the 3pt line for his shots.

Really can't wait to see how he plays as this iteration of The Warriors gets too old, which seems to be happening now. But I think he pulls a Tom Brady, realizes they will be bad in 2-3 years, and bolts to a franchise where he can do the exact same thing as he did for GSW, to finish out his career. Curry's no idiot, he needs a team around him for him to be able to roam the 3pt line.

Reactions: DSmith21
Congrats on making it to page 15 on a thread that shouldn’t have made it past 1.

Very impressive.

golf-clap.gif

• Love
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
Congrats on making it to page 15 on a thread that shouldn’t have made it past 1.

Very impressive.

golf-clap.gif
Because there should be no debate on who’s GOAT. Steph shoots over 50% from inside the three point line for his career. He is an elite finisher for a guard, and has a deadly midrange that is not used as much, because 3 > 2. Steph is also a consummate leader on the floor. His game is aging like fine wine.

Steph CARRIES Warriors to win with an insane 17-24 shooting (hitting several layups and runners), 47, 8, 8, with NO turnovers (only player in history to achieve this). He DID miss a free-throw. He started 7-7, and finished 6-8. He is 20 for his last 27 from the floor, and is 15 of his last 25 from the three. Steph Curry shoots over 70% in win, including 10-12 from inside the three point line; tell me he's one-dimensional. Steph with the game of the year; maybe Morant's game rivals it, but he's MVP over the first 12% of the season. Of course, the Queens only scored 36 points in the second half (Steph had 25 by himself). He is now shooting over 50% from the floor (52%) and close to 45% from the three. This start rivals his 2016 season. And he's 34. His game is aging like fine wine; it's gets better and better.

Correction: The Queens scored 46 in the second half. I don't care, Steph >> anyone else. He is shooting an ungodly 80% from 0-3 feet this year, and 63% from the two. eFG is 58.1% FOR HIS CARRER. Jordan was at 51%; Lebron was at 54.4% Just mind blowing stuff here.

Last edited:
Another crazy game from Steph, now shooting 52.6% from the floor, including 80% at the rim and 66% from the two. He has shot 45 of his last 69, including 21 for his last 36 from the three. Just incredible. But it took those efforts to eek out two wins. He did miss twice at the line late. Only 11 games in, but it feels like 2016 all over again, only Klay sucks now.

Steph with a 50 piece but since all he does is shoot perimeter shots they still lost by double digits!
Steph drops 50 like it’s routine, but he’s doing it differently. He is going to the rim a lot more, shooting over 75% at the rim. He is having his best statistical year; he’s shooting over 53% overall (more drives to the rim) and is locked in. However, they are so bad defensively. They consistently are giving up 120+ which won’t get it done. Klay is washed, Wiseman is trash, and the team is much younger. Steph looked gassed at times last night. GOAT indeed

Steph drops 50 like it’s routine, but he’s doing it differently. He is going to the rim a lot more, shooting over 75% at the rim. He is having his best statistical year; he’s shooting over 53% overall (more drives to the rim) and is locked in. However, they are so bad defensively. They consistently are giving up 120+ which won’t get it done. Klay is washed, Wiseman is trash, and the team is much younger. Steph looked gassed at times last night. GOAT indeed
He’s not the GOAT he is one dimensional and relies on his supporting cast to win otherwise how do you explain no road wins this year?
So many other guys can score and impact the game in other ways (Giannis/etc).
The only thing he does is score and have goofy shots in warm ups.

I do like that he's finally starting to have to deal with a supporting cast that isn't head and shoulders above the opponent. And he's doing a pretty good job trying to pull them through. I won't scoff at 50points.

But is he good enough to get them to the finish line? Will he break down as the season goes on when he has to do the work? This was the problem James Harden had.. mid season he could drop 50 on a given night for the Rockets and be the best player in the league.. but carrying the team took its toll, and he was spent by the time playoffs hit. He couldn't take on the GSW super team by himself. Then the injuries stacked up.

It's much easier to be "the man" and shimmy around the court when you have HOF talent all around you.

I do like that he's finally starting to have to deal with a supporting cast that isn't head and shoulders above the opponent. And he's doing a pretty good job trying to pull them through. I won't scoff at 50points.

But is he good enough to get them to the finish line? Will he break down as the season goes on when he has to do the work? This was the problem James Harden had.. mid season he could drop 50 on a given night for the Rockets and be the best player in the league.. but carrying the team took its toll, and he was spent by the time playoffs hit. He couldn't take on the GSW super team by himself. Then the injuries stacked up.

It's much easier to be "the man" and shimmy around the court when you have HOF talent all around you.
Yup and coincidentally green and klay have regressed and had a great defensive presence

In a highly anticipated matchups Dallas beats gsw and luka outplays Steph - so much for the “goat” wasn’t even the best player on the court

In a highly anticipated matchups Dallas beats gsw and luka outplays Steph - so much for the “goat” wasn’t even the best player on the court
I mean, Luka gets to travel and gets refs like Duke. But what Steph is doing at 34 is nothing short of amazing. We're only 1/4 through the season, and the Mavs are still awful outside of Luka. Letting Bronson walk was a mistake. I think the Warriors can still overcome their slow start much better than the Mavs can. Steph can drag a team to the Finals. Can Luka?

I mean, Luka gets to travel and gets refs like Duke. But what Steph is doing at 34 is nothing short of amazing. We're only 1/4 through the season, and the Mavs are still awful outside of Luka. Letting Bronson walk was a mistake. I think the Warriors can still overcome their slow start much better than the Mavs can. Steph can drag a team to the Finals. Can Luka?

Steph doesn't get superstar protection himself? He doesn't flop or hasn't patented the leg-kick-out 3-pointer? lol ok.

The only way the Warriors can fix their issues if if their HOF role players and elite bench pick it up. Steph can't carry a team of nobodies like Luka can.

Is this the year Luka wins the MVP?
I hope so - I know there’s a lot of factors that it hinges on and it’s not yet halfway thru the season but most likely Steph/Luka/Giannis/Tatum are getting the mvp - also joker and maybe even Donovan Mitchell could be in the conversation

What is eFG?
Effective FG percentage which factors in three-point shots. Example, if a player goes 5-10 from the floor, but hits 2 threes, that’s 12 points on 10 shots. That means an eFG of 60 percent (same as hitting 6-10 shots). Also, the video posted is fake, but it ALMOST seems believable

Curry got torched last night by a 2nd round pick rookie named Andrew Nembhard for 31 points and 13 assists. Nembhard also held Curry to 3 for 17 shooting and 2-10 from 3 point range (what's that effective FG%) which led to a terrible loss to the Pacers who were playing without their two best players (Halliburton and Turner). Golden State's awful defense cost them yet again as their record now stands at 13-12.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley91581
Curry got torched last night by a 2nd round pick rookie named Andrew Nembhard for 31 points and 13 assists. Nembhard also held Curry to 3 for 17 shooting and 2-10 from 3 point range (what's that effective FG%) which led to a terrible loss to the Pacers who were playing without their two best players (Halliburton and Turner). Golden State's awful defense cost them yet again as their record now stands at 13-12.

If only the pacers could get a whole roster together they’d have something - didn’t they draft kawhi and trade him for Paul George - they seem to have pieces but can’t get a legit team together

Reactions: kyeric and DSmith21
If only the pacers could get a whole roster together they’d have something - didn’t they draft kawhi and trade him for Paul George - they seem to have pieces but can’t get a legit team together
They traded Leonard plus a 2nd round pick for George Hill. What a horrible trade in hindsight.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyeric
Steph needed a night off after being owned by a rookie Pacer PG. That led to another bad loss to Minnesota. 13-13 record for GS.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Steph owns the "best team in the league", as he played excellent defense all night, got his team involved, while scoring 32 points on just 21 shots. He got his EIGHTH four-point play this season, hit EIGHT consecutive shots, including SEVEN STRAIGHT JUMP SHOTS (!!!). He is still shooting over 50% with 44% 3PT, and is well over 63% eFG. He got yet another block; just insane. Steph is not fair.

Hmm no award named after Steph curry - interesting

Hmm, Steph Curry is still playing and the others are not - interesting. Also, Steph won SI Sportsman of the Year this year. He's impact not only on the court, but in the world is far reaching. He might have surpassed Lebron for most popular global icon in basketball. GOAT indeed.

Hmm, Steph Curry is still playing and the others are not - interesting. Also, Steph won SI Sportsman of the Year this year. He's impact not only on the court, but in the world is far reaching. He might have surpassed Lebron for most popular global icon in basketball. GOAT indeed.
Looks like a real “sportsman”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT