ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

Poole might be hard to move with that new $128 million contract. He did average 20 points and 4.5 assists this season. The problem is that he is yet another streaky volume shooter on that team. Plus it seems that Poole's and Green's feud has not ended just left to simmer below the surface.

I don’t see how they can run it back esp with poole’s extension and klay wanting money - they gotta tweak something - maybe trade Poole or klay for Suggs/banchero

This is the most funny thing I may have read in a while. Yeah, name the other two HOFers LeBron had in 2007? Curry has played with at least 2-3 HOFers every year he won a title bruh.

In name only. Do you think Klay was even mediocre in this series other than Game two? I mean, Daniel Gibson went nuts in Game six in 2007. Draymond Green is not a HOF, and he was ok. Jordan was pure trash and needs to go somewhere where he can be the #1. Curry was gassed because other than Game two, he had no help. And the games were every other day. This Lakers team would have swept that Pistons team. Lebron was great carrying that team to the NBA Finals in 07', but he was younger, and the Pistons weren't as good as this Lakers team. And the Pistons didn't get refs like the Lakers did.

I don’t see how they can run it back esp with poole’s extension and klay wanting money - they gotta tweak something - maybe trade Poole or klay for Suggs/banchero
I think they need to get bigger, and adjust their style a little bit. Lakers were able to dictate tempo, and Curry was still gassed. I think Curry needs to have his minutes reduced

I think Klay and Drammond make the HOF. They have 4 rings and we’re the most integral parts, minus Steph, of those four rings(minus KD too of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley91581
If Dennis Rodman can make the HOF, so will Green. Green is an 8x all NBA defensive team member and 4x All-Star. He has also led the Warriors in assists for the last 7-8 years rather than Curry.

Reactions: roguemocha
I mean Klay shot 3-19 last night, and has been awful, except for Game Two. Poole was trash; Wiggins was never engaged; Green was ok; the bench was trash, and the refs were heavily favoring the Lakers. It’s hard to carry team when you have to beat the refs too. This series was two shots from a 4-1 series win for the Warriors. His supporting cast was worse than what Lebron had in 2007. Curry is older, but is still playing at an elite level; he just can’t go God mode as often, which is what the Warriors needed, given how garbage his supporting cast was. Curry is not done, but moves need to be made. Klay’s injuries have done him in.

They were Kevon Looney's crazy rebounding/defense away from losing to the Kings.

Curry is about as likable as it gets as a NBA superstar.

But man, I'll never respect them winning 73 games and then running to beg Durant to come there after Lebron and Kyrie took them down in the Finals.

You can talk about superteams, and Lebron going to Miami with Chris Bosh, but you don't win 72 games with arguably one of the greatest teams in NBA history with 3 HOFers in Curry, Klay, and Draymond in their prime, and then add a top 15-20 player of all time in Durant to that. I don't blame the Warriors ownership/management for doing it, but that's absurd. I think it hurts Steph's legacy, as KD was clearly the man on that team when it mattered in the playoffs and not Steph, and it hurt KD because he could have won 5 straight Finals MVPs in Golden State but that was always going to be Steph's team.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Curry is about as likable as it gets as a NBA superstar.

But man, I'll never respect them winning 73 games and then running to beg Durant to come there after Lebron and Kyrie took them down in the Finals.

You can talk about superteams, and Lebron going to Miami with Chris Bosh, but you don't win 72 games with arguably one of the greatest teams in NBA history with 3 HOFers in Curry, Klay, and Draymond in their prime, and then add a top 15-20 player of all time in Durant to that. I don't blame the Warriors ownership/management for doing it, but that's absurd. I think it hurts Steph's legacy, as KD was clearly the man on that team when it mattered in the playoffs and not Steph, and it hurt KD because he could have won 5 straight Finals MVPs in Golden State but that was always going to be Steph's team.
Is this a parody? Steph is one of the most unlikeable players in the league?

The way he showboats in warmups with his ridiculous shots + chewing on his mouthpiece + turning his back and running down the court when he shoots a 3 when he should be following a shot? He is a product of this no defense modern offense era.

Rodman/laimbeer would clothesline him if he did that on their watch.

Reactions: roguemocha
I like Steph for sure, he’s amazing. But I do know a lot of people that hate his mouthpiece deal. Hell, people hated Jordan for his tongue out.

I think he’s a really good dude, I think LeBron is too but he gets hate all the time. It’s wild. 99.9999% on here would melt and do something really dumb in that spotlight most likely at least once. Those two have kept it together for 20 years.

Sorry for the tangent.

And yes Steph running down the court and showboating would’ve got his ass whipped in the 80-90s. But, they’re all pretty much friends now and the NBA wants to show that product, not the 80/90s Pistons.

Yep. It’s that time again. I know it’s preseason, but Steph gave us another reminder. Hits a clutch 30-footer to win, and scored 13 points in the last two minutes. Hit all four FGs and three 3 pt FGs. He is shooting 60% from the floor and 57 % from the three. With CP3, we might see career highs in shooting percentages. It might be another long year for Steph haters.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Yep. It’s that time again. I know it’s preseason, but Steph gave us another reminder. Hits a clutch 30-footer to win, and scored 13 points in the last two minutes. Hit all four FGs and three 3 pt FGs. He is shooting 60% from the floor and 57 % from the three. With CP3, we might see career highs in shooting percentages. It might be another long year for Steph haters.
I think I’ve asked before but cant recall if you answered. Why is your handle “lakercat”?

I made this handle 20 years ago, and was a huge Lakers fan growing up. I lived in Hawaii and California in my early life. I have become fairly disillusioned with the NBA as a whole. Once Steph retires, I might be finished with the NBA. I’ll follow it very casually, perhaps.

Funny that Golden State thought that the missing piece to their team was a point guard who can play great defense and actually lead the team in assists. Too bad Paul is 38 years old and misses a third of the season each year as his body breaks down just like Curry. They also traded a bunch of picks last season to get Gary Peyton, Jr back to help play defense at the guard position.. They must have felt that they had a defensive weak link at guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDcat2018
Of all of your embarrassing takes this one might take the cake - pretty impressive to outdo yourself! I still think this has to be a troll thread!

Guys that outplayed Curry last night, in just the two NBA games played:

Jokic
Booker
CP3
KD
AD
Jamal Murray
And.. Jusuf Nurkic.
Jokic is just insane - they kept saying how AD bulked up this offseason and how he had worked on his defense and Jokic had 19 at half time and eased into a triple double and a double digit victory margin.

Guys that outplayed Curry last night, in just the two NBA games played:

Jokic
Booker
CP3
KD
AD
Jamal Murray
And.. Jusuf Nurkic.
I’ll give you Book and Jokic. AD was great in the first half but was garbage in the second. I think the others were a wash. Curry didn’t have a great game; it happens.

I’ll give you Book and Jokic. AD was great in the first half but was garbage in the second. I think the others were a wash. Curry didn’t have a great game; it happens.

The others didn't score as much, but they offered a heck of a lot more in the way of peripheral stats.. while also not committing 5 fouls.

Of course I still put Curry as a better talent than someone like Jurkic..

But he's just not an elite talent anymore. His body has started to break down and now that his team isn't absolutely stacked against nightly competition, he has to shoulder the load, and he's just not that guy.

Curry is now just another Demar Derozan. He will put up 40pts many nights, while his team loses by 18. Neat.

The others didn't score as much, but they offered a heck of a lot more in the way of peripheral stats.. while also not committing 5 fouls.

Of course I still put Curry as a better talent than someone like Jurkic..

But he's just not an elite talent anymore. His body has started to break down and now that his team isn't absolutely stacked against nightly competition, he has to shoulder the load, and he's just not that guy.

Curry is now just another Demar Derozan. He will put up 40pts many nights, while his team loses by 18. Neat.
Man, I get not getting on the GOAT train, but calling him not an elite talent and another demar derozan is wild.

Man, I get not getting on the GOAT train, but calling him not an elite talent and another demar derozan is wild.

I'm kind of ribbing Lakercat with some of that.

But no, I do not think he is at the highest level of NBA players right now.. whether we think that level is just Jokic.. or Jokic, Embiid, and Luka.. or adding in Giannis and Tatum.. whatever it is, Curry is not in the top5, and I'd argue probably finishes this year outside the top10 in terms of TOTAL production. He's the next level (or two) down from there. The younger talent has, or will surpass the Lebrons, KDs and Currys IMO.

Nick's a huge lebron guy and is probably one of the few media guys who sees Curry as kind of a fraud. Nick can be a huge Homer at times, and is maybe the most smug personality out there.. but he's often spot on.
Yup I agree especially since Colin cowherd was his mentor but if he has a spot on take he usually has a lot of evidence to back it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I'm kind of ribbing Lakercat with some of that.

But no, I do not think he is at the highest level of NBA players right now.. whether we think that level is just Jokic.. or Jokic, Embiid, and Luka.. or adding in Giannis and Tatum.. whatever it is, Curry is not in the top5, and I'd argue probably finishes this year outside the top10 in terms of TOTAL production. He's the next level (or two) down from there. The younger talent has, or will surpass the Lebrons, KDs and Currys IMO.
He did just average 29, 6, and 6 on 43% shooting from 3 just last year. Maybe those numbers slip, but I have no reason to believe he wont be a top 10 player this year.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are talking about offense only, maybe. Add defense into the equation and that's where Steph loses out, IMO. It's been that way his whole career. He is smart and plays passing lanes well to get steals, but his overall defense isn't elite and that is, again IMO, what keeps him from even being in the discussion for GOAT.

Nick's a huge lebron guy and is probably one of the few media guys who sees Curry as kind of a fraud. Nick can be a huge Homer at times, and is maybe the most smug personality out there.. but he's often spot on.

Can't stand Nick Wright. Not much more to say about him. Just do not like him, at all. Even when i agree with him, i hate to admit it. 😄

He did just average 29, 6, and 6 on 43% shooting from 3 just last year. Maybe those numbers slip, but I have no reason to believe he wont be a top 10 player this year.

The 29 and 43% from 3 is great and all, but that's his bread and butter. 6 assists and 6 long rebounds a game off his own missed 3s is just simply "decent".

I think he WAS a top 10 player. Kind of like how Lebron WAS the best player. But time has passed, the new blood is stepping up and others are settling in. Giannis, Embiid, Luka, Jokic, Tatum, right off the bat. Is curry a better guard than Hali? Fox? SGA? Dame now that he has talent around him? Ant Man? Lamelo? I can't say, for sure, that Curry is better than any of them this year.

Reactions: kyeric
Can't stand Nick Wright. Not much more to say about him. Just do not like him, at all. Even when i agree with him, i hate to admit it. 😄

He is insufferable lol. The only reason I am OK with him is because he hates Curry/Brady and he's such a troll on his shows that he's actually starting to be that heel you root for.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are talking about offense only, maybe. Add defense into the equation and that's where Steph loses out, IMO. It's been that way his whole career. He is smart and plays passing lanes well to get steals, but his overall defense isn't elite and that is, again IMO, what keeps him from even being in the discussion for GOAT.
Look for Curry's assist numbers to drop this year. It appears that Chris Paul is going to be the primary facilitator. Keep in mind that Green has led the team in assists for the past 5-6 years. Curry had one assist in his first game with Paul and Green didn't even play.

The 29 and 43% from 3 is great and all, but that's his bread and butter. 6 assists and 6 long rebounds a game off his own missed 3s is just simply "decent".

I think he WAS a top 10 player. Kind of like how Lebron WAS the best player. But time has passed, the new blood is stepping up and others are settling in. Giannis, Embiid, Luka, Jokic, Tatum, right off the bat. Is curry a better guard than Hali? Fox? SGA? Dame now that he has talent around him? Ant Man? Lamelo? I can't say, for sure, that Curry is better than any of them this year.
Jimmy butler would like to be added to this list

Curry is very clearly a better guard than Hali and Lamelo and that’s something I would peg like 98% of nba fans agreeing with. He’s also better than SGA, Ant and fox, although I could see at least SGA catching him this year. Dame I think is around his level.

Curry is very clearly a better guard than Hali and Lamelo and that’s something I would peg like 98% of nba fans agreeing with. He’s also better than SGA, Ant and fox, although I could see at least SGA catching him this year. Dame I think is around his level.

Yeah we will see at the end of the season I guess. I'm betting Hali and Lamelo are putting up the same stats, with their teams being right around GSW.. good to decent teams, but not real contenders.

Steph is in no way better than SGA lol. I don't think you realize how good SGA is right now.

Curry will finish off the top10 list this year. That's my prediction. Will he catch fire and have some 40pt games? Sure. Is he the greatest shooter ever? Probably. But there will be plenty of guards who will have better seasons than he will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT