ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official Kentucky state vs Kentucky thread****

Well, see Cal....that's why you don't dribble it out. K-State played to the whistle with the steal. You don't show mercy. YOU WIN. Minor point but it pisses me off.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Team Comparison
STATISTICKSUUK
FG%30%56%
FGs19-6437-66
3FG%23%40%
3FGs5-2210-25
FT%71%71%
FTs10-1415-21
TOs136
PtsOffTO626
TotReb3346
DefReb2538
Off Reb88
2ndChPts1415
BenchPts2822
PtsPaint2044
FstBkPt438
Blocks35
Steals511
Assts525
Times Tied:1
Time Tied:0:44
Lead Chg:2
LeadTime0:1938:54

Kentucky Stats

#PlayerPTSFG3FGFTREBAPFTOMIN
1*EDWARDS,J178-121-30-0912127
3*THIERO,A133-40-17-10800120
4*MITCHELL,T156-93-50-01042028
12*REEVES,A205-94-66-6341029
21*WAGNER,D125-102-60-0171026
0DILLINGHAM,R84-110-10-0262017
13DARBYSHIRE,G00-00-00-000103
14CANADA,B20-00-02-230004
15SHEPPARD,R63-50-20-0422121
20HART,J00-00-00-000005
22HORN,W00-10-10-001003
23BURKS,J63-50-00-1301215
25WATKINS,K00-00-00-200113
TMTEAM,---300
TOTALS9937-6610-2515-214625136
GAME PCT56.140.071.4

Reactions: RunninRichie
Really amped that Edwards had 17 this game. We need him to be a big scoring help this year to be good. SF has always been a weak spot at UK. Minus 2012 and 2015.

Reactions: chroix and Lukeslaw
Wonder what happened to ILWildcat's thread?
I honestly do like the guy, but he probably should step away from this board if it makes him so mad. Odd to hate the fans of the program you cheer for.

Anyways, I liked what I saw last night. The ball movement and shooting looks way better than the last few years. I’m still in a wait and see mode, but there is potential for a good season. I’ll feel better about it, though, when we can get some of the 7 footers back in the line up.

I honestly do like the guy, but he probably should step away from this board if it makes him so mad. Odd to hate the fans of the program you cheer for.

Anyways, I liked what I saw last night. The ball movement and shooting looks way better than the last few years. I’m still in a wait and see mode, but there is potential for a good season. I’ll feel better about it, though, when we can get some of the 7 footers back in the line up.
Agreed on all counts. And I've never gotten the vocal segment of this board that feels the need to dump all over their fellow fans. Sanctimonious behavior really is the worst. And they definitely don't need to be a moderator.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Just watched the replay, didn't know a thing about the game until i saw it.

Have to say, I really liked them getting up on the ball and being much more active defensively. Made the entire game so much easier and the flow was conducive to good offense as a result. Lots to be satisfied with in comparing the first exhibition game to this one.

Being aggressive, taking the ball into the paint, using their speed, quickness, length, size and being unselfish made it look like a night and day difference.

Hopefully we can see this young team grow up quickly and continue making big strides in all areas. I think they have the capability to really be a special team.

Good show !

Go Big Blue !

Wonder what happened to ILWildcat's thread?

Yeah, saw that got deleted.

He is a good guy and good mod usually.

Some of our so called fans are insufferable and the mods honestly could ban 33% of the posters with justification. Posting to troll and be negative most of the time isn't allowed on most rivals forums. I applaud our mods for allowing it to be honest despite it getting old. I think it got to IL and he posted that in frustration.

A good segment of our so called fanbase is dumb as hell though.

Some of our so called fans are insufferable and the mods honestly could ban 33% of the posters with justification. Posting to troll and be negative most of the time isn't allowed on most rivals forums. I applaud our mods for allowing it to be honest despite it getting old. I think it got to IL and he posted that in frustration.

74 percent of statistics are made up.

Yeah, saw that got deleted.

He is a good guy and good mod usually.

A good segment of any group are dumb as hell, as you say. But who gets to decide that? What are their qualifications?

See that's my point with the hypocrisy of complaints about complaints. The complaint-complainers are usually the ones who are most combative and are actually trolling. But that's my opinion. I think if everyone would realize what a message board is for, we might all get along better. Don't like it? Don't read it.

A good segment of any group are dumb as hell, as you say. But who gets to decide that? What are their qualifications?

Literally the moderators, and above them, the people who own the message board and make the rules. Their qualifications are they're the moderators.

See that's my point with the hypocrisy of complaints about complaints. The complaint-complainers are usually the ones who are most combative and are actually trolling. But that's my opinion. I think if everyone would realize what a message board is for, we might all get along better. Don't like it? Don't read it.
Yep IMO message boards would be pretty boring if everyone just agreed on everything lol

Some of the best conversations I've had on this board were with people whose viewpoint I didn't necessarily agree with but respected their point of view.

Yep IMO message boards would be pretty boring if everyone just agreed on everything lol

Some of the best conversations I've had on this board were with people whose viewpoint I didn't necessarily agree with but respected their point of view.
Exactly. There have been several occasions I've originally disagreed with someone. Then I've thought about it and realized there was something to what they've said. Exchange of different viewpoints is healthy. Echo chambers are not.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
My favorite part of tonight's game was their readiness to cut down the lane. First, there has to be an opening. Then, a player has to notice it and commit to doing it. Then, the player with the ball has a notice the cutter and wait to the right moment to pass the ball. And everyone else has to defer to the cutter. A cut to the basket is testament to spacing, alertness, timing, and teamwork. A lot goes into it for 2 pts.

I deleted it myself. I thought better of it, feel like I overstated it and didn't feel right about trying to defend it. I really do love all things UK and UK fans. I was just a bit surprised so few positive comments were posted. But I overreacted. Sorry folks. I'll try to do better. 🙂

Looking forward to the season and hoping things go well. Grace to all. 🙏

I deleted it myself. I thought better of it, feel like I overstated it and didn't feel right about trying to defend it. I really do love all things UK and UK fans. I was just a bit surprised so few positive comments were posted. But I overreacted. Sorry folks. I'll try to do better. 🙂

Looking forward to the season and hoping things go well. Grace to all. 🙏
Hard not to reactive in today's world considering the state of things. I mean, look around. You can't go down the street without hearing something legitimately stupid, hateful, bigoted, or just down right wrong.

It's all good man.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT