ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the clock is stopped right now.

Cal will never win another title here.

Gotta get the clock moving again.
I agree with the second statement - at least in the foreseeable future

but my point is that I'd rather live with Cal for 1 more year than replace him with a Billy Gillispie for 3.

Give Mitch a year to having some accidental meet ups with Stevens, Drew, whoever and work it for a year, then show Cal the ambassador role in 2024 and get the guy that is going to make an immediate impact

but my point is that I'd rather live with Cal for 1 more year than replace him with a Billy Gillispie for 3.

Give Mitch a year to having some accidental meet ups with Stevens, Drew, whoever and work it for a year, then show Cal the ambassador role in 2024 and get the guy that is going to make an immediate impact

That would be fine if it would actually happen. But it won't. Another season like this one and an offseason that has the potential to lose Oscar and Sharpe and I'm afraid we are on the brink of no return. Not sure how you can just sit on that as AD, regardless of a ridiculous buyout.

That would be fine if it would actually happen. But it won't. Another season like this one and an offseason that has the potential to lose Oscar and Sharpe and I'm afraid we are on the brink of no return. Not sure how you can just sit on that as AD, regardless of a ridiculous buyout.
If I can save the university $40m by waiting a year to put a coach out to pasture and throw that money toward a new guy coaches are going to line up to listen

I have to pay a guy $40m to leave then pay a guy $7m to coach here with big buyout if it doesn't work, to me - thats how you get on the brink of no return

Its seems absurd to talk about fudiciary responsibility to the University with a failed coach owed $40m but that is where Mitch is.

If I can save the university $40m by waiting a year to put a coach out to pasture and throw that money toward a new guy coaches are going to line up to listen

I have to pay a guy $40m to leave then pay a guy $7m to coach here with big buyout if it doesn't work, to me - thats how you get on the brink of no return

Its seems absurd to talk about fudiciary responsibility to the University with a failed coach owed $40m but that is where Mitch is.
His buyout doesn't disappear after this year

Cal is exactly in the same spot Tubby was once he got his fat contract...mailing it in and living of the rep of UK.

Problem is Tubby was a decent bench coach and got fat metaphorically, while Cal is a lousy bench coach and looks like Fat Bastard waddling around with no coat, tie and his dress shirt pulled out like a slob.

Tubby never shit the bed quite like this. 💩

JtWCH1U.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse

You're being too nice. That's not a real world scenario. If UK wants to end things with Cal, he's not going to stand for them using him to train his replacement. They're just going to cut things off and move on.

Reactions: cathouse
You're being too nice. That's not a real world scenario. If UK wants to end things with Cal, he's not going to stand for them using him to train his replacement. They're just going to cut things off and move on.
well I hadn't considered Cal's action or opinion on it, he can take off any time he doesn't feel welcome.

Probably my scenario is more hopeful on my part as a viable solution because I don't see a scenario where he isn't coming back next year. It would be an admission of failure on his part.

This is pointless. We can’t fire Cal nor should we. He’s a Hall of Fame coach with a 40+ mil buyout. Even if he didn’t have the buyout though, we shouldn’t fire him. For three out of 4 years we would have been a 2 Seed in the NCAA tournament. Yeah, last year was bad but one bad year doesn’t get any coach fired. Now, wanting him gone is different. I think he’s done and want him gone but in no way should he be fired. That’s absurd honestly.

The thing is I’ve already started these lol.

People that keep saying we can’t buy him out are not totally accurate. Calipari will settle. This happens all the time in contract negotiations. He went that high to make sure if he did settle, he’d settle where he wants to be and not below it.

The ambassador buyout is around 1 million dollars. He’s never get there now that’s easily bought out.

For where we stand with the contract, after next season, I believe there’s a huge drop off. He will settle then we just have to wait it out. He’s already planned this so it is what it is. I’m sure Ellen is excited their plan is almost over. Im
Not joking either.

Calipari swindled Kentucky and later on it will be admitted and it will be discussed. Calipari just stopped a lot of future coaches from getting paid without incentives. I doubt we ever see a contract this lopsided again.

He’s just awful. I put him below Hall and what a fall he’s had. If he really screws up on his way out the back end is so bad it’s debatable if, even though he went one game further a few times, if he’s even better than Tubby.

Biggest fall from grace in college basketball coaching history. And I hate it.

For those that still take up for him or are just now deciding it’s bad enough to voice it, you really need to be careful in your life making decisions. I’d allow my wife to make them if I were that off and I’m being serious. This was noticeable years ago if you weren’t easily bought by a salesman.

no but the ambassador position does appear in 2024

Calipari won’t be given the ambassador role as it stands and we don’t want him to. Unless we just offer it as part of the settlement agreement.

Calipari’s ambassador provision is bought out for 1 mil. Unless it’s part of the settlement we’re buying that out.

We don’t want Calipari making decisions for UK Basketball behind the scenes. He will destroy this program.

Ok, fire him 4 games into the season. Then what? I promise you I was screaming my head off at Cal and our lackadaisical play. That was very embarrassing. I've lost my patience with Cal but he's gonna be gone after next year and I said that in the summer.

Ok, fire him 4 games into the season. Then what? I promise you I was screaming my head off at Cal and our lackadaisical play. That was very embarrassing. I've lost my patience with Cal but he's gonna be gone after next year and I said that in the summer.

At this point he’s been such a detriment to this program it doesn’t matter. I’d fire him and deal with it, send a message to future coach that if you come here and think you’re going to take cash and not work after a few years of runs I’ve got news for you.

He doesn’t deserve to sit in that seat anymore. He’s used UK for his network and cash, and it’s time we took the program back.

At this point he’s been such a detriment to this program it doesn’t matter. I’d fire him and deal with it, send a message to future coach that if you come here and think you’re going to take cash and not work after a few years of runs I’ve got news for you.

He doesn’t deserve to sit in that seat anymore. He’s used UK for his network and cash, and it’s time we took the program back.
Never make a big decision while you're emotional. Man I can promise you I'm every bit as pissed as anyone. I'm just saying you don't fire a coach 4 games into the season. After the season sure.

Reactions: Gromcat
Never make a big decision while you're emotional. Man I can promise you I'm every bit as pissed as anyone. I'm just saying you don't fire a coach 4 games into the season. After the season sure.

Definitely not saying it’s the smartest thing, but I think he’s so far from important these days what’s the worst that could happen?

We win a good game? I mean I don’t know.

Anyone who still supports Calipari should be exiled from the state of Kentucky. The writing has been on the wall for years and I’ve been preaching it since 2017. If it weren’t for literally having the greatest college basketball player in the history of the sport, we would have zero championships under Calipari and we would already be in year 4 of our new coach’s contract at this point. Calipari knows he’s cooked. You can see the retreat in his eyes for a long time now. He simply cannot coach the game of basketball. Whenever he leaves Kentucky and takes a job at some other lower tier school, they’re going to expose him even worse than we did. He’s a bum and what’s worse is that he and his whole family act like they’re above the university of Kentucky. And anyone here who wants to act like we wouldn’t be able to replace him with a quality coach is absolutely delusional. Worst case scenario is we find someone who can’t win a tournament game, which is already something we haven’t done since the year before Covid started. Best case is we find one of the dozens of guys coaching at lower tier schools (90% of the schools in the country) that actually understand the game of basketball and how to utilize a roster. We’re getting absolutely worked by Calipari and his family. Anyone who doesn’t realize that is a pathetic simp for Cal, which is weird. In about 10 years, once he’s gone and his legacy is set in stone, I want some of y’all to come back and tell us you don’t think the last 10 years have been an abject failure. Since you seen so confident he’s the right guy for UK - I’d like to see you justify that performance we’ve seen the last 7 years if it doesn’t eventually end up with a championship banner.
Fire Calipari yesterday.

Laugh!!!!

There are no grounds to fire him. He hasn’t breached his contract. He has to be separated under the contract. That costs many millions of dollars. I notice nobody on here is offering to pony up the cash. Also, nobody on this thread would dare walk away and leave millions on the table.

He is not going anywhere till he wants to. Most of you guys are ridiculous.

I was a supporter of Cal for a long time when so many were calling it the other way. After the 9-16 season I said give him one more year to do something. He had that year and didn’t do it. Now here we are now, looking just as disjointed and stale on offense. I know he’s not going anywhere, so no need to beat a dead horse. But next year, which I’m assuming he’ll be here for, has to be it if we don’t do something special. I mean, how long can this go, same thing over and over? How long will it be allowed to happen? Surely Cal wants to leave after next season. Surely? If we win a championship next season, let him walk away and let’s move on to something that is sustainable. If we could get him out after this season, I’m good. But for the love of God, Cal, just let it go man. Stop the torture.

I was a supporter of Cal for a long time when so many were calling it the other way. After the 9-16 season I said give him one more year to do something. He had that year and didn’t do it. Now here we are now, looking just as disjointed and stale on offense. I know he’s not going anywhere, so no need to beat a dead horse. But next year, which I’m assuming he’ll be here for, has to be it if we don’t do something special. I mean, how long can this go, same thing over and over? How long will it be allowed to happen? Surely Cal wants to leave after next season. Surely? If we win a championship next season, let him walk away and let’s move on to something that is sustainable. If we could get him out after this season, I’m good. But for the love of God, Cal, just let it go man. Stop the torture.
I agree. But the Calipari Fan Club will be here trumpeting the same old tired song...just wait until Next Years class gets here. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT