ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't support firing a coach mid season.

I'm as frustrated with him as anyone but you don't do that.

Cal has earned the right to return next year in an attempt to fix it

However if he takes the program to new lows, if he comes back and under performs, it will be the most miserable 9 months of his life - especially with fans - who will be buying tickets just to boo him
been fixing since 2015
supposed to have fixed everything after the 9-16 season & then lost to st peters
supposed to have fixed that, drubbing by Gonzaga
he can't fix the fans........they are tired of his smug act & terrible coaching

Id fire his ass right now. Mid-season right now right as we're talking. Kentucky seen enough.
We got our championship and it's time to cut bait with this fool.
We got it spite of him, not because of him. Thank God for the lockout or that douche would have been doing his tired old "you can't be a sophomore here, go play in my precious NBA" routine

when you have the monster class coming
in next year he has, you can go .500 on the season and still keep your job. He knows it. No matter how ugly it gets he isn’t going anywhere. That isn’t wishful thinking on my part, it’s just the reality of the situation. I have concluded he is incapable of coaching a well disciplined team, but nothing is going to change. I would be shocked if he even addressed it

when you have the monster class coming
in next year he has, you can go .500 on the season and still keep your job. He knows it. No matter how ugly it gets he isn’t going anywhere. That isn’t wishful thinking on my part, it’s just the reality of the situation. I have concluded he is incapable of coaching a well disciplined team, but nothing is going to change. I would be shocked if he even addressed it
What good is a monster class if it's being coached by an absolute coaching doofus? The classes of 2009 and 2014 were even more monstrous, yet he failed to lead them to a single FF victory

I’m pissed off. Aggravated. Disgusted. Embarrassed. But this is a little too much. He has been a hell of a coach. Can’t say that after a few shitty games.

He gets paid the big bucks to get things right. This is his job. Not a birthright. I do agree something needs to happen but wanting him fired it’s not the right answer. What coach would come here knowing that a Hall of Fame coach who has been to Multiple final fours, multiple elite 8’s etc. would get fired for one bad year.
He gets paid big bucks to be a good steward of this program. Because he gets paid well ... he should "Never Let Things Get This Bad". The fact that he has is why fans are speaking out now and willing to discuss firing his lousy ass. He's too thin-skinned to take much of it. Maybe he will just walk away rather than try to weather the criticism and obvious embarrassment. He's Hall of Shame worthy ... Hall of Fame, that's got me scratching my head. How does a "Hall of Fame" coach lose to Wisconsin in 2015 Final Four with THAT UK team? A Hall of Fame coach wouldn't ever let that happen.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What good is a monster class if it's being coached by an absolute coaching doofus? The classes of 2009 and 2014 were even more monstrous, yet he failed to lead them to a single FF victory
I understand, but you fire him or force him out and you lose that class.

Mitch Barnhart is not going to be the guy to fire Calipari early into the 2023 season with the best recruiting class coming in next year in what I assume is the history of the school.

We'll plod along with a season of excuses in the hopes that Cal delivers. If he fails with a class as talented as the next one then there is no reason to retain him, nor any reason he would want to stay.

I agree. But the Calipari Fan Club will be here trumpeting the same old tired song...just wait until Next Years class gets here. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I’m beginning to question the motives of any player and their family who wants to join him. I mean, I’m sorry, my son isn’t playing for this guy. His message of “just show up” - “nothing matters” - “prep is for old people just float in” - “only money matters” - “don’t be stupid, drop out of college”

I’m sorry no. People can spin it however they like, his entire system is trash. That’s why he’s the only guy to actually have the nerve to say those things out loud.

So I don’t care about his classes, I don’t fully trust any of them except for Reed and Oscar.

I understand, but you fire him or force him out and you lose that class.

Mitch Barnhart is not going to be the guy to fire Calipari early into the 2023 season with the best recruiting class coming in next year in what I assume is the history of the school.

We'll plod along with a season of excuses in the hopes that Cal delivers. If he fails with a class as talented as the next one then there is no reason to retain him, nor any reason he would want to stay.
I’m just worried about what he’s gonna do to that awesome class. I believe Calipari has destroyed the confidence of some good young men…

I’d wholeheartedly support his dismissal. And cite philosophical differences because that’s what it is. He’s here for draft picks when it should be nets. He’s not going to change, we are not going to change. It’s an impasse. So a divorce is needed. The next coach that is fortunate enough to land the job needs to know two things. 1.) you are here for titles. 2.) Never forget #1 and never ever go against the BBN. If we have to start over and rebuild then so be it. I’m sick of this shit. I’m sick of hearing that us fans don’t understand and don’t appreciate what they do. These sons of bitches, all of them, are treated like royalty. Win, win, win that’s why I watch. This guy has no interest in doing that. He needs to be fired immediately. I’m tired. I’m tired of watching the same uninspired basketball games time and again. This was my Kentucky Basketball team for a helluva lot longer than it’s been his. It will be mine long after he’s gone. We are supposed to enjoy this time of year, instead we now dread it. I’m tired of his shit. I don’t want him to change, I want his ass gone. Now!

We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.
The only thing wrong with this post is the Kenny Payne part but overall, I concur.

BUMP.

A coworker was talking to a business associate in Carolina who was a Duke fan. He was joking and suggested to the Duke fan that they needed to hire Calipari. He was surprised by his response.... he said “we not gonna take that river boat gambler!!!” end quote.. LMAO. 😂

CCC: “I’m not just going to shove him in there so we can win another game...”

• Haha
I’d give up next year’s recruiting class to see Calipari gone. One rough year next year if the recruits decide to walk (which they might not depending on the replacement) versus year after year of this circus Calipari is running is well worth it.

I’m just worried about what he’s gonna do to that awesome class. I believe Calipari has destroyed the confidence of some good young men…
only here

Maxey, Herro, Johnson, the list goes on of players who didn't live up to their hype here and then go on a tear in the NBA

With the class he as coming in next year, he'll absolutely underachieve with them. Because the ceiling is higher than he has the ability to coach. It was for Coach K too though to be fair.

I’d wholeheartedly support his dismissal. And cite philosophical differences because that’s what it is. He’s here for draft picks when it should be nets. He’s not going to change, we are not going to change. It’s an impasse. So a divorce is needed. The next coach that is fortunate enough to land the job needs to know two things. 1.) you are here for titles. 2.) Never forget #1 and never ever go against the BBN. If we have to start over and rebuild then so be it. I’m sick of this shit. I’m sick of hearing that us fans don’t understand and don’t appreciate what they do. These sons of bitches, all of them, are treated like royalty. Win, win, win that’s why I watch. This guy has no interest in doing that. He needs to be fired immediately. I’m tired. I’m tired of watching the same uninspired basketball games time and again. This was my Kentucky Basketball team for a helluva lot longer than it’s been his. It will be mine long after he’s gone. We are supposed to enjoy this time of year, instead we now dread it. I’m tired of his shit. I don’t want him to change, I want his ass gone. Now!
Thank you for posting this. I am 69 years old and started listening to the cats in 1958. I listened to Claude Sullivan and Cawood. Calipari has ruined everything about Uk basketball. I don’t even watch anymore. The players are defeated. It’s been that way for years. Cal needs to go and Mitch needs to grow a pair and get rid of him now. The assistants can take this team the rest of the way. It’s really sad.

only here

Maxey, Herro, Johnson, the list goes on of players who didn't live up to their hype here and then go on a tear in the NBA

With the class he as coming in next year, he'll absolutely underachieve with them. Because the ceiling is higher than he has the ability to coach. It was for Coach K too though to be fair.
Cal likes to play 7 guys. You could right now give him his pick of any 7 guys currently in college and he could not win with them.

next year is do or die with Cal

if he doesn't win a national championship with that kinda of talent, then he'll never win one.

Everyone - Fans, Cal, Barnharts knows its all the marbles. Cal won't have to be told to leave should they come up short.

Now a final four with yet another monster recruiting class could muddy it up, but at the end of the day, there is no confidence he will be able to do anything with them.

And now player 2 has entered the arena. Musselman may emerge at that time as an obvious replacement (as they are losing to Creighton by 10)

only here

Fair enough…only here
Was also thinking about the ones who transferred and were more successful too
No one has been allowed to grow and develop

This exactly.
My heart is kinda broken. Hell I’ve even lost interest in the game overall because I can’t enjoy my Cats. My kids used to hate the first tip off…we had basketball on nearly every night and all weekend.
I can’t do it anymore…
I think that’s what makes me angriest at Calipari…taking the joy out of basketball for me.

Cal likes to play 7 guys. You could right now give him his pick of any 7 guys currently in college and he could not win with them.
Correct!
Cal would choose the top 7 NBA picks, even if they were all point guards! Even if someone picked the right players for him, he would not win.

Dude's got to go. Job performance is sub par and his current drive to succeed is soft. He, like millions of other people in this weird post covid economy/workforce are coasting and believe half ass effort will get them by. Time to restructure UK basketball by cutting the fat. Your time is up Cal.

only here

Coach K-5>Cal-1

Coach K-5>Cal-1
actually I'm not sure that helps the argument

Coach K goes all in on One and Done, has the highest ranked recruiting team since the start of it, and can't take them to the final four.

2 years later he announces his retirement. If Coach K can't win with this approach........

Cal's approach was to beat you with massive talent that made up for the fundamentals and team play deficiencies. Once the basketball world caught up with him - meaning they were never going to let him assemble a a 2015 team again, then his approach to winning basketball is severely challenged.

Last edited:
actually I'm not sure that helps the argument

Coach K goes all in on One and Done, has the highest ranked recruiting team since the start of it, and can't take them to the final four.

2 years later he announces his retirement. If Coach K can't win with this approach........

Cal's approach was to beat you with massive talent that made up for the fundamentals and team play deficiencies. Once the basketball world caught up with him - meaning they were never going to let him assemble a a 2015 team again, then his approach to winning basketball is severely challenged.
K won it all in 2015 with 3 freshman starting and the tripper coming off the bench.

We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.
First, he’s not getting fired and no one cares about your opinion. Second, you say the success was Kenny Payne who obviously can’t develop kids based on his current team and results.

First, he’s not getting fired and no one cares about your opinion. Second, you say the success was Kenny Payne who obviously can’t develop kids based on his current team and results.
lets think this thru a minute

if you don't care about someone's opinion, then you ignore it, you don't post about it and then actually break it down by points.

I'm gonna say that's a big fail

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I can't support firing a coach mid season.

I'm as frustrated with him as anyone but you don't do that.

Cal has earned the right to return next year in an attempt to fix it

However if he takes the program to new lows, if he comes back and under performs, it will be the most miserable 9 months of his life - especially with fans - who will be buying tickets just to boo him
Cal has had his chance and failed miserably. Making way too much money for what he has brought to the table. We could not wait to get rid of our former Coach yet we say give the snake oil salesman this year and next.

Feeling a little butt hurt are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT