ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYCatAttack

Sophomore
Feb 12, 2008
We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.

I can't support firing a coach mid season.

I'm as frustrated with him as anyone but you don't do that.

Cal has earned the right to return next year in an attempt to fix it

However if he takes the program to new lows, if he comes back and under performs, it will be the most miserable 9 months of his life - especially with fans - who will be buying tickets just to boo him

However if he takes the program to new lows, if he comes back and under performs, it will be the most miserable 9 months of his life - especially with fans - who will be buying tickets just to boo him

It's not mid-season. It's not even January.

We can afford it. If Auburn can afford to fire Malzahn we can afford to fire Calipari.
You’re aware that the athletic department is currently dealing with a severe budget crisis, right? Are you gonna pay the $60 million buyout?

Unfortunately, Cal’s ridiculous contract effectively makes him unfireable for at least a couple more years.

You are aware that the athletic department is currently dealing with a severe budget crisis, right? Are you going to pay the $60 million buyout?

Unfortunately, firing him is just not a realistic option for at least a couple more years.
I bet he thinks the same thing. UK will be alright. Maybe we don’t fire him. We just send him home for a couple of months and let someone else Coach. Kind of like what he did with Cam Fletcher. Let him think through his future.

No program anywhere, EVER would even consider paying off a $60 million buyout.
Whether I agree with the sentiment that Calipari has worn out his welcome at UK or not, this thread is a exercise in futility. With $60 mil on the line, he stays as long as he wants.

No program anywhere, EVER would even consider paying off a $60 million buyout.
Whether I agree with the sentiment that Calipari has worn out his welcome at UK or not, this thread is a exercise in futility. With $60 mil on the line, he stays as long as he wants.
Barney needs to be fired as well. What numbskull makes that contract?

We are all miserable watching this team. We are all fed up with the constant revolving door of the One and Done. We all can see the coaching deficiencies of John Calipari. We are all tired of the biggest night of the basketball season being draft night. We can see the decline in our team since we lost Coach Payne and I think it’s obvious that he was the most important person on our coaching staff in developing these young kids. Let’s see how big we can make this thread in support of moving away from Coach Cal and starting fresh at the University of Kentucky.
I’m pissed off. Aggravated. Disgusted. Embarrassed. But this is a little too much. He has been a hell of a coach. Can’t say that after a few shitty games.

He gets paid the big bucks to get things right. This is his job. Not a birthright. I do agree something needs to happen but wanting him fired it’s not the right answer. What coach would come here knowing that a Hall of Fame coach who has been to Multiple final fours, multiple elite 8’s etc. would get fired for one bad year.

Would you describe the worst record since 1911 new lows?

I’m pissed off. Aggravated. Disgusted. Embarrassed. But this is a little too much. He has been a hell of a coach. Can’t say that after a few shitty games.

He gets paid the big bucks to get things right. This is his job. Not a birthright. I do agree something needs to happen but wanting him fired it’s not the right answer. What coach would come here knowing that a Hall of Fame coach who has been to Multiple final fours, multiple elite 8’s etc. would get fired for one bad year.
A coach who wants to get paid and be at the helm of a great program.

What do you propose? It’s clear he has no intention of changing.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Barney needs to be fired as well. What numbskull makes that contract?
The kind of AD that doesn't have the guts to call a meeting with his head basketball coach to "discuss" his inflammatory public comments directed toward the fanbase after recent games. Accountability takes a back seat when you give a coach a $60 million golden parachute.
Calipari would laugh Barnhart under the table. If he even agreed to take the meeting at all.

Cal is exactly in the same spot Tubby was once he got his fat contract...mailing it in and living off the rep of UK.

Problem is Tubby was a decent bench coach and got fat metaphorically, while Cal is a lousy bench coach and looks like Fat Bastard waddling around with no coat, tie and his dress shirt pulled out like a slob.

Tubby never shit the bed quite like this. 💩

1kYNkyY.jpg

Last edited:
The kind of AD that doesn't have the guts to call a meeting with his head basketball coach to "discuss" his inflammatory public comments directed toward the fanbase after recent games. Accountability takes a back seat when you give a coach a $60 million golden parachute.
Calipari would laugh Barnhart under the table. If he even agreed to take the meeting at all.
He made Calipari his boss when he gave him that deal. Dangerous when you make your employee more powerful than yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT