ADVERTISEMENT

Official Fire Coach Cal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of quite a few coaches out there that are creative and run modern sets, with modern spacing, and game plan, make in game decisions far better than Cal ever has. Put the resources of Kentucky basketball behind them, the university can recover from this lingering malaise Cal has created here.

Reactions: Bluesbrother
Well by not making it all. It can be that much worse.
My guy, that happened just two years ago. These things you say will happen with a new coach are things Cal has already done.

Besides, you can't just not make the SEC Tournament. By default, the worst you can be is 0-5 since the 2018-19 season. Cal is 1-5. So he's pretty much as bad as one can be in the SEC Tourney, and he already has no NCAA Tournament wins in that time.

Which, by equivalence, is the same amount of wins as a team that didn't make it. So, it can't really be any worse.

Reactions: bigbluedon
You’re aware that the athletic department is currently dealing with a severe budget crisis, right? Are you gonna pay the $60 million buyout?

Unfortunately, Cal’s ridiculous contract effectively makes him unfireable for at least a couple more years.
As best I can tell, buyout is down to about $40 million now. Still steep

Cal still is at UK and this thread has been going on since 2020. Coach Cal isn't going anywhere and is here until 2028-29 and then on to Ambassador after that with UK. He is listening to a few so-called fans that want to start new Cal Hate and Fire Cal threads daily. The true Kentucky Basketball fans will still be here in 2028-29 and still traveling to watch them where they play like we did in Greensboro, NC this past weekend. True Blue fans are here to stay with Cal leading the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT